U.S. Government Announces 'Critical' Warning For Microsoft Windows Users

The United States Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has gone public with a warning to Microsoft Windows users regarding a critical security vulnerability. By issuing the "update now" warning, CISA has joined the likes of Microsoft itself and the National Security Agency (NSA) in warning Windows users of the danger from the BlueKeep vulnerability.

This latest warning, and many would argue the one with most gravitas, comes hot on the heels of Yaniv Balmas, the global head of cyber research at security vendor Check Point, telling me in an interview for SC Magazine UK that "it's now a race against the clock by cyber criminals which makes this vulnerability a ticking cyber bomb." Balmas also predicted that it will only be "a matter of weeks" before attackers started exploiting BlueKeep.

The CISA alert appears to confirm this, stating that it has, "coordinated with external stakeholders and determined that Windows 2000 is vulnerable to BlueKeep." That it can confirm a remote code execution on Windows 2000 might not sound too frightening, this is an old operating system after all, it would be unwise to classify this as an exercise in fear, uncertainty and doubt. Until now, the exploits that have been developed, at least those seen in operation, did nothing more than crash the computer. Achieving remote code execution brings the specter of the BlueKeep worm into view as it brings control of infected machines to the attacker.

more here:
forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2019/06/18/u-s-government-announces-critical-warning-for-microsoft-windows-users/

Attached: security-suite-622x352.jpg (622x352, 43.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/AA19-168A
8ch.net/googlecensoredmycomments/index.html
gofundme.com/help-losing-weight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: laughter.webm (400x300, 689.14K)

People who care about security shouldn't be using Windows in the first place.

If you aren't patching your software, be it Linux, OSX, Windows, etc., you get what you deserve.

People who understand security know that statement is, at best, moronic.

I just love how the previous four posters flex their "intelligence" like a bunch of Rick and Morty fagboiz.

Come on, brainlets. If the US government is "warning" us about a Micro$hit breach, it's probably because MS either complied or worked with the NSA to get more private information under a false flag.

When will you idiots ever learn? I bet you guys have some level of faith in your own governments. Fucking mundies.

Attached: 2aa0aca2c03e98b4a0deff4ef7d096d21136cd8db937a28b0eea76aa82444dc1.png (820x780, 96.07K)

I just love how the previous poster flexed his "intelligence" like a bunch of Rick and Morty fagboiz.

Reality isn’t your favorite Japanese anime and that’s not how this shit works and all your knowledge of the world is conjecture from infographs from Linux users in Zig Forums

Attached: C33DD832-D314-4D3C-B781-CA7617F78D48.gif (400x300, 819.02K)

I wonder how many critical government offices are still using Windows 2000 (he said as if he didn't expect that number to be woefully large)

Switching to a new OS for certain sectors is actually more expensive and time consuming then you realize. First they would need the software to be tested and certified for their needs, then it must be configured to a very specific standard, For a single PC this would take maybe around 3-5 hours before all your shit is back where it should be. Now imagine having to do this for hundreds of computers. Networked automated installers take some burden out of it but not by much.
Not how it works LARPer. Their specifications are held to a much higher standard then your gaming workstation. They need to run Windows software for support reasons and WINE would never meet their standards even if it does run their shit just fine I’m the surface. And these aren’t tech savvy people. They don’t have to be, it’s not their job to be. Without official company support they’re fucked. And Linux only has Red Hat for this sort of thing

Garbage OS for Garbage People.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98.03K)

Wow. Cool it with all the anti-semitisim there, Forbes.

This exploit has been around for years. Disable smbv1.0 in windows services and you'll be fine.

80% of updates are useless bloat, and another 10% are real malicious code
updating to be secure is a meme

Holy shit, sorry you can't save all your CP to a windows system without going to jail I guess

Don't forget

Let me guess, they will (((somehow))) link it to Iran and/or Russia, persuade gullible Trump to issue a kosher update for Windows systems that makes them looser than a fake gas chamber door.

Maybe they shouldn't "lose" their gacking tools all the fucking time.

Nice ad hom. I couldn't stop laughing at how colorful your words were.

Windows needs to be removed of bloatware and its many vulnerabilities with strict firewall settings before ever being connected to the internet, and no OS should be trusted of being secure in the first place. I won't touch any of the newer Windows with a 10 foot pole. I can control Windows XP & Vista, reverse a lot of the vulnerabilities with system admin tools and regedit.exe and it runs a lot faster and doesn't have any problems. Although I keep it offline when not in use so that helps too. You'd have to be crazy to keep Windows online 24/7, your asking to be hacked.

Very true. No amount of updates will ever protect your system if its full of unnecessary code and bloatware. The best line defense is simplicity and keeping minimal amount of processes running in the background, only which are needed for the OS and your software to function. If you have all kinds of third party crap running in the background - processes that you're not even using or not related to any personal activity on that OS - then your data is much more likely to be compromised. Same thing with keeping track of your Windows registry, making sure all the unnecessary third party junk is purged and keeping it clean from nefarious functions.

Trips of truth.

Yep, 98 was better.

The issue is patches are nearly always malicious themselves.

This entire thread. Who gives a shit? What's going to happen? They track you? They have info on you? Know who you are? What you are? What you look at? That's a problem– for individuals against a larger corporate body or government, but it isn't the root of any problem. Only a symptom. If humankind wants to get their shit together and acting as a single organism, then very well. That's the only thing that will make any difference. Until then, humanity is a tool being exploited for their love of self gratification and cheap chemical rewards instead of the glory of eternity

Nice try CIA, I disabled windows' ability to update years ago and this pathetic threat make me feel absolutely nothing.

Yeah, sitting on the hard drive in my closet next to Limewire-obtained 128 birate mp3's of Weezer and The Offspring.

I'll switch to linux when I can scroll down in a browser without getting horizontal-line aids.

Attached: eiwieieiweiieie.gif (194x198, 84.76K)

Man. Those were the days. I still have an mp3 of what seems to be an early pre-release cut of Fall Out Boy's "Dance Dance" that is clearly them just labbing ideas in a studio with no fancy postproduction polish and several extra verses that aren't in the public release.

I have no idea if this was something that was released intentionally or if I'm sitting on a relic of value.

The government it’s just as likely to hack you

Show me what you can produce…

Linux is total shit or else everyone would be using it for free.

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 220.72K)

this was fixed in May, retard

Oh, I don't doubt it is expensive and time consuming, but especially in a government office that handles critically sensitive data on a regular basis it is irresponsible not to keep the OS up to date.

No one said it was easy.

Look it up, although keep in mind that if it is valuable, then you'll probably commit suicide right before some kike releases it for mucho monies.

yeah yeah, I know - Windows 2000
this is regarding Windows 10 though

wow the cybersec feds have a BIG windows alert

Attached: Look_at_him_and_laugh.jpg (442x330, 28.33K)

us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/AA19-168A

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1519x1915, 230.88K)

Also when do these corporations NOT cooperate with governments to harvest personal data?

Attached: Our geatest ally has a good laugh.gif (359x346, 1.98M)

please watch this : 8ch.net/googlecensoredmycomments/index.html

Hello, I am Kaiya, and I am from Inglewood California, I’m the queen of LA and I love to meet new people. Tinder is not working for me, the dick is trash and heard this the place to go to. You can find me on discord, or calling me +1 (323) 845-5628 gofundme.com/help-losing-weight please help me as well discord smurf#4444

Attached: 556A1A9E-F34E-48C1-A6DE-838EBCEBBB02.jpeg (750x1334, 148.26K)

Feels goodman.

Attached: e45.jpg (633x758, 56.27K)

No really, what is compositing?

Who actually has a reason to use 2000 anyway?

23 years to Late.
The Reason Windows is messed up is because Windows 95 Was Written in like 5 different Languages and it evolved into Windows 10 taking the Ungodly Bloated Mess of code into 2019.

then We have the AMD VS Intel shitshow for the Past 25 Years that Pretty Much Killed RISC (Reduced instruction set computer).

All New technology Hardware and Software has Holes Built in..

The Only Reason the Feds are Scaring people about Critical warnings is to get People to Update Windows, Making You Numb

Attached: 1523614712460.jpg (480x451, 22.22K)

Why-a no-a meat-a balls on-a Zig Forums- a no-a Moria?

you dorty pedo-a fillapino-a Jimbo!
and yor-a son-a from-a da coreean whore-a

It was a dumb-a move by clueless-a people though, as Zig Forums was always a containtment-a board for the lokes[sic] of me

i'm {sac} of this shit and aint gonna take it no more——a

Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/ow on-a the front board

and then take it away again haha……heee

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

kmmm

Attached: a (3).jpg (1024x819, 115.13K)

Windows 2000

and they killed Zig Forums
jeezzzus

Why-a no-a meat-a balls on-a Zig Forums- a no-a Moria?

you dorty pedo-a fillapino-a Jimbo!
and yor-a son-a from-a da coreean whore-a

It was a dumb-a move by clueless-a people though, as Zig Forums was always a containtment-a board for the lokes[sic] of me

Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/ow on-a the front board

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

Attached: a (5).jpg (1024x819, 115.12K)