AMD Ryzen 3000 causes boot problems for some newer Linux distros

Just last week AMD launched its latest Ryzen 3000 series of CPUs. The third-generation Ryzen chips are the first to be based on 7nm technology, but there is a problem for users of some Linux-based systems.

For distributions based on newer versions of the Linux kernel, an issue renders systems unable to boot. Some users have managed to patch the systemd component with an older version to allow successful booting, but a BIOS update from AMD is what's needed.

While the boot problem was noticed by many users, it was Michael Larabel writing for Phoronix that highlight the issue. In his review of the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 9 3900X he said that the chips "offer incredible Linux performance but with a big caveat". He ran into problem with various Linux distros, as he explains:

more here:
betanews.com/2019/07/13/amd-ryzen-3000-linux-problems/

Attached: amd-ryzen-3000.jpg (640x427, 91.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ohUI_F8waY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Windows master race reporting in…..

Attached: 9C6C4A52-98D5-4753-BB8B-CCE282BFE7D5.jpeg (400x400, 39.65K)

If you're buying the newest top of the line processor, the fuck are you even doing running dogshit ubuntu or fedora on it for?

That's yikes sweety.

Your next PC? All AMD: youtube.com/watch?v=8ohUI_F8waY

Im dual booting with windows XP for games.

How dare you actually like things and learn how they work. You should return to consuming, peon! Do you want to be sent in for sensitivity and diversity training? I think you need re-eduction.

samefag

which will be a problem considering that the BIOS/UEFI is mobo-specific, not produced by AMD.

fucking idiot never built a server ^^

WOW AMD BTFO I LOVE JEWTEL (C) (TM)

I have an old FX6300 and I will keep that until it dies
then I will just quit the elctronic jew forever

How can the booting of Linux be related to a CPU? After POST the Operating System has control. The OS must be written wrong.

Systemd is for niggers, this is just Jewish niggers at Intel trying to fuck whites by trying to destroy their CPUs

What a surprise. I am so surprised. Take a look at my surprised face.

Attached: poker_face.png (672x1042, 20.76K)

samefag

This is a clue that not all people are smart

I'm running an fx8350. I hope it's not botnet

damn that video is long and he's monotoned

(you)
(you)

samefag