SpaceX thinks it knows what went wrong aboard Crew Dragon

The issue was related to the firing of Crew Dragon's SuperDraco engines, which power the spacecraft's emergency escape system.

During a series of tests on April 20, thick plumes of smoke rose over a SpaceX facility in Cape Canaveral. NASA and SpaceX began facing questions after what appeared to be footage of the test leaked online, showing the spacecraft erupting in flames. The company eventually confirmed the capsule, which is built to carry humans, was destroyed. No injuries were reported.

SpaceX, which was founded by Elon Musk in 2002, convened a team to investigate the incident with officials from NASA, as well as representatives from the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.

The Crew Dragon spacecraft completed an uncrewed test flight in March that appeared to be successful. It docked with the International Space Station (ISS) for a few days before returning home.

SpaceX plans to start flying humans on the Crew Dragon capsule in 2019 but incidents such as the one in April aren't ideal for staying on schedule.

click2houston.com/news/spacex-thinks-it-knows-what-went-wrong-aboard-crew-dragon

Attached: Crew Dragon.jpg (760x428, 19.75K)

How does something like a metal spaceship even light on fire like that. If i held a lighter to it it would never light on fire no matter how long i did it.

Rocket fuel burns obscenely hot, and the "starter" is commonly a hypergolic substance (which means it will light on fire at room temperature upon exposure to air). Also, because rockets have to be as light as possible, they are constructed more like foam tubes wrapped in aluminum foil that being solid metal. Think about how thin and fragile airplane bodies are, and then even more so.

Crew Dragon Capsule:
What could go wrong?

Attached: crew-dragon.webm (1280x720, 7.23M)

Thank you

Brave as fuck

Nothing can ever be 100% safe, you think the lads back in 1969 called it off because of safety fears? Let's grow big balls again and get back into space, back to the moon, off to Mars, colonise the solar system, let's make Space Great Again. Yes people will die, but they die every day here on Earth, you can die crossing the road outside your front door. Let's not let the fear of death stop us from reaching our destiny, to touch the face of God.

Lmao fuel-burning thrusters.

Deus Vult (in Space)

DUDE

I fucking hate my own country sometimes. I just need to move my ass to Ireland. Even then, it's the last Celtic stronghold. Fuck this gay earth.

this is why I think we never went. think about the tech in the 60s. A lot of it still works and holds up, hell even the 60s-80s tech still mostly holds up.

but I dont think we ever went there because they seem barely able to make it off the fucking ground anymore. millions of dollars spending it on new rockets, when the old one apparently worked just fine, or atleast fine enough to get to the Moon, land, and walk back?

Money is being used for stupid shit instead…. The guys who got into the rockets are war vets. They like the challenge of the job and the thrill of danger.

Attached: Food Stamp Commerical.png (500x522, 133.78K)

heh

The problem is these SV "innovators" are focused on saving every fucking penny possible since they brought their startup culture business strategies from the service industry to the infrastructure industries. It's a total disaster elsewhere as well, since every MBA faggot who beats off to positive quarterly deltas goes off and makes decision to benefit the short term.

If you ground up the spaceship in to a fine dust then used something like magnesium to light it, it would burn.

Nice dubs but Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened 60 years ago. Back then you could do anything but theres been lots of international nuclear resolutions and stuff since then. To stop countries being run by suicide cults like Islam getting nukes.

Also Ireland has all sorts of forced diversity stuff planned thanks to the EU. They want to get rid of all cars too.
The lunatics really are runnig the asylum over there.

What is to stop Ireland from getting the (((bomb)))?

A lack of industiral capacity and scientific knowhow.

I can't wait until that old Moody Blues song becomes a reality.