Daily News Thread 3/30

Several dead, hundreds injured in IDF-Palestinian clashes at #GreatReturn protest

At least seven Palestinians have been killed, and hundreds have been reported injured in protests along the Gaza border on Friday.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Gaza-Border-Several-Killed-Hundreds-Wounded-in-Land-Day-Protest-20180330-0001.html

War between Saudi Arabia and Iran may happen in just 10-15yrs – Crown Prince

De-facto Saudi leader Crown Prince Bin Salman has warned that Riyadh may go to war with regional nemesis Iran in the next 10-15 years if the international community fails to apply more sanctions pressure on Tehran.
rt.com/news/422748-saudi-war-iran-interview/

Turkey Calls France a Terrorism Host After Macron Meets Kurds

Turkey accused France of being a host for terrorism after President Emmanuel Macron met a delegation of Kurds from the Syrian Democratic Forces and praised their efforts in stabilizing areas in the northern parts of the country.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-30/turkey-calls-france-terrorism-host-after-macron-meets-kurds

Ex-FBI deputy McCabe's online legal defense fund nears $300,000 in hours

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who was fired by the Trump administration but has said he was terminated because he is a crucial witness in the Russia investigation, has raised more than $292,000 in seven hours to help cover costs defending against other ongoing government probes, the funding website showed.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-mccabe-defense/ex-fbi-deputy-mccabes-online-legal-defense-fund-nears-300000-in-hours-idUSKBN1H52P3

Czechs extradite suspected Russian hacker Nikulin to United States

The Czech Republic has extradited Russian citizen Yevgeniy Nikulin to the United States where he is accused of hacking social networks including LinkedIn, the Czech Justice Ministry said on Friday.
reuters.com/article/us-czech-usa-russia-cybercrime/czechs-extradite-suspected-russian-hacker-nikulin-to-united-states-idUSKBN1H60VU

Egypt’s El-Sisi Bags Election Win Against ‘Mousa Something’

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi was set to sweep to victory with more than 90 percent of the vote in this week’s election, crushing his one token challenger after credible competitors were eliminated before the contest.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-29/egypt-nixes-mousa-something-but-sends-el-sisi-wakeup-call

Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz swamped with ‘perverted’ fan mail

Nikolas Cruz, who is accused of killing 17 people in a high school shooting in February, has been inundated with sexually provocative letters and money from besotted fans, according to a local newspaper.
rt.com/usa/422727-nikolas-cruz-perverted-fan-mail/

Howard University Fired 6 Employees For Allegedly Stealing $1 Million From Financial Aid Funds

Howard University in Washington, D.C., has confirmed that six employees have been fired for "gross misconduct and neglect of duties" after school officials discovered financial aid money had been misappropriated.
wthr.com/article/howard-university-fires-6-after-financial-aid-investigation

K-Pop Stars Red Velvet Set To Perform In Pyongyang This Weekend

When it comes to inter-Korean relations, pop music — and politics — work in concert. North Korea sent a musical delegation to South Korea for the Winter Olympics last month.
npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/03/30/597872371/k-pop-stars-red-velvet-set-to-perform-in-pyongyang-this-weekend

Kentucky schools close as teachers protest pension bill

Many Kentucky teachers are upset after Republican lawmakers in the state passed a bill on Thursday changing the Commonwealth's troubled pension system.
local12.com/news/local/kentucky-schools-closed-as-teachers-protest-pension-bill

Attached: 1455737667169.png (985x874, 325.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nakedcapitalism.com/2018/03/how-many-opioid-overdoses-are-suicides.html
libcom.org/news/mass-wildcat-strike-kentucky-teachers-30032018
redpepper.org.uk/deleting-facebook-isnt-enough-the-rise-of-surveillance-capitalism/
nbcnews.com/news/world/white-house-chaos-jeopardizes-war-isis-u-s-commanders-warn-n859966?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
rt.com/usa/422728-trump-syria-leave-troops/
rt.com/newsline/422801-syria-sdf-us-withdrawal/
apnews.com/9e84fede339443dbb35ca6a6d721bc11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP/ED

How Many Opioid Overdoses Are Suicides?

Time to look harder at the reasons for rising opioid deaths.
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/03/how-many-opioid-overdoses-are-suicides.html

Mass wildcat strike by Kentucky teachers

Teachers in Kentucky are on wildcat strike today with at least eight school districts closing schools due to lack of teaching staff.
libcom.org/news/mass-wildcat-strike-kentucky-teachers-30032018

Deleting Facebook isn’t enough: The rise of ‘surveillance capitalism’

redpepper.org.uk/deleting-facebook-isnt-enough-the-rise-of-surveillance-capitalism/

fug x-DDD

White House chaos jeopardizes war on ISIS, U.S. commanders warn

nbcnews.com/news/world/white-house-chaos-jeopardizes-war-isis-u-s-commanders-warn-n859966?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Military coup when?

Attached: 180328-kobane-isis-mc-10572_9e799d1b6c1bffcf315de0c1c3c306a9.focal-1000x500.JPG (1000x500, 135.7K)

plis dont do it
unironically lynch this fucking roach already

also, what's with the flag, NewsAnon?

I'm pretty happy Trump announced that US troops could be pulled out of Syria "very soon". I was pretty unhappy to see 2000 troops there in the first place and the fact that almost no one seemed to be talking about it or caring about it outside of niche places online. Now we'll see if it actually happens, given others in the administration said stuff about there being no pull-out plans, Tillerson's plan for a "post-Assad Syria" and the over a dozen US military bases in Syria not knowing anything about this. It'd be good if it did though.

rt.com/usa/422728-trump-syria-leave-troops/
rt.com/newsline/422801-syria-sdf-us-withdrawal/

Just like US troops pulled out of Iraq right? It's not going to happen
Also

They'll make a new enemy anyway.

Trump announces a lot of things. Few of them actually happen.

Attached: trump done.jpg (952x536, 73.23K)

Yeah I highly doubt that it's just 2000. Didn't the Pentagon originally claim it was only 500 before coming out and admitting there was four times that? I'll believe it when I see it.

ISIS 2: Nuclear Boogaloo

can't really say I'm surprised by more dead Palestinians, sadly

Attached: bkub alunya.png (350x281, 20K)

oops forgot I left that on

Macron remains a whore of bitch, I am ashamed whether he is my president

I want off this ride

Attached: seven-days-may.jpg (516x407, 55.88K)

Sarkozy and Macron deserve to be thrown into the same meat grinder Mortal Kombat style, I'm not even a Frenchman.

we're gonna need to change that word filter soon

that comment section is HOT garbage
w e w

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (581x150, 17.84K)

(me)
news site comment sections really do rival YouTube comments for the most quality takes

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (606x99 25.33 KB, 12.49K)

/r9k/ users should take notes

RT is always filled with weird ass people in the comment section. It's nothing new.

the second one is hilarious though

Given Trump's track record, there's an even chance we'll actually INCREASE troops in Syria.

well if this aint a reason to shoot myself….

Shit's been fucked way before Facebook, and are people really surprised? We've been in a surveillance state for a few decades now if not at least half a century.

D'awww.

Red Velvet sucks.

I'm not expert on the situation of the ground, but before these remarks yesterday that was my guess, that Trump or another president would slowly increase the US presence in Syria until it was another Afghanistan / Iraq. Hell, it will probably still happen. Trump, for all he says, has no problems with Middle Eastern wars, as demonstrated by his keeping troops in Afghanistan, etc

In private, Trump has mused about Syria pullout for weeks

apnews.com/9e84fede339443dbb35ca6a6d721bc11

I'm getting flashbacks of G.W.

Attached: mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg (460x288, 30.5K)

You should because our strategy hasn't evolved. Islamists know this and is why they're merely biding their time.

I am not supposed to be surprised right?

I think this is a crippling blow to the guys trying to divine if Trump is going to go to war.

The frighting truth is that Trump is so impulsive that we literally won't know about it until he does it. There won't be any real build up to it at all.