Nonviolence

From "Why Civil Resistance Works" by Erica Chenoweth and Maria Stephan.

"Successful nonviolent campaigns increase the probability of democratic regime type by over 50 percent compared with successful violent insurgencies. Holding other variables constant, the probability that a country will be a democracy five years after a campaign ends is 57 percent among successful nonviolent campaigns but less than 6 percent for successful violent campaigns. Countries in which a violent campaign has occurred have a 42 percent chance of experiencing a recurrence of civil war within ten years, compared with 28 percent for countries in which a nonviolent campaign has occurred."

Well, comrade, why haven't you embraced nonviolent resistance as the harbinger of worldwide leftist ideology?

Attached: gandhi.jpg (1280x885, 451.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanticcouncil.org/about/experts/list/maria-j-stephan
npr.org/2014/08/21/342095367/why-civil-resistance-movements-work
belfercenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/files/IS3301_pp007-044_Stephan_Chenoweth.pdf
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=7374616A81D9FBFA3A452B07CFD3D052
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nonviolent resistance brings out bourgeois democracies. Violent resistance and direct action brings out people's democracies and revolutionary governments

Attached: sketch-1521331753236.png (897x534, 75.28K)

i wonder what countries are considered "democratic" and "successful"
india?
chile?
spare me this retarded nonsense

atlanticcouncil.org/about/experts/list/maria-j-stephan

ERICA CHENOWETH: One of the best kind of concrete examples of how this plays out comes from an anecdote from Serbia, where a nonviolent movement removed Slobodan Milosevic from power in October of 2000.
STEPHAN: Right, so I would say since I worked with some very brave and courageous Syrians for over a year while with the State Department, and can say that I have great respect for their ability to maintain a nonviolent posture for about eight or nine months against this type of regime. So I understand where that doctor is coming from. It's also pretty evident why Syrians took up arms against this type of regime.
CHENOWETH: Military officers are surprisingly receptive to the findings. They find it intuitive. They tend to like the strategic framework especially. They ask tough questions of course, but are generally pretty convinced by the findings.
CHENOWETH: Well, it takes less than five Q and As usually to get to the Hitler question (laughter) - which is, would nonviolent resistance have worked against Hitler? There are these questions about whether there are types of regimes that nonviolent resistance can't work against and so forth, and we don't exactly know. We know that there were pockets of nonviolent resistance against Hitler's occupations in various places, and they honestly fared better on local levels than any of the partisan or armed uprisings did around Europe - that is for sure. But I think that we don't yet have a really strong set of empirical findings that suggest that there are places in the world that nonviolent resistance is totally impossible.
npr.org/2014/08/21/342095367/why-civil-resistance-movements-work

These cunts are pure evil.

The west turned fully against the "peaceful" maintenance of capital when they embraced Pinochet's regime in the 70s. That also marked the death of social democracy. China was just following the trend.

Followup, here's their shitty paper:
belfercenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/files/IS3301_pp007-044_Stephan_Chenoweth.pdf
And book:
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=7374616A81D9FBFA3A452B07CFD3D052
Gives literally no data or evidence, and counts concessions as victories.
>Among political scientists, the prevailing view is that opposition movements select violent methods because such means are more effective than nonviolent strategies at achieving policy goals. Despite these assumptions, from 2000 to 2006 organized civilian populations successfully employed nonviolent methods in cluding boycotts, strikes, protests, and organized noncooperation to challenge entrenched power and exact political concessions in Serbia (2000), Madagascar (2002), Georgia (2003) and Ukraine (2004–05), Lebanon (2005), and Nepal (2006). The success of these nonviolent campaigns—especially in light of the enduring violent insurgencies occurring in some of the same countries—begs systematic investigation.

Tiananmen is overblown by Western media, it was fucking nothing.

I have literally had people tell me to read this garbage. But look, these authors are literally paid off by the military:

Amazing how the US military has produced these findings… turns out the most violent organization on Earth has discovered that violent resistance is futile! Give up your weapons prole!!!

Fucking kill yourself you disgusting chauvinist liberal.

YOU HIPPIE YANKEES DIDN'T DO SHIT. The PLAF and the PAVN guerrillas sacrificed countless lives to drive the Yankee invaders out.

No, they literally did not die. That did not happen, it's made up.

Fucking kill yourself.

Shut the fuck up.

Attached: 005.jpg (850x400, 56K)

How about some context
"Had we adopted non-violence as the weapon of the strong, because we realised that it was more effective than any other weapon, in fact the mightiest force in the world, we would have made use of its full potency and not have discarded it as soon as the fight against the British was over or we were in a position to wield conventional weapons. But as I have already said, we adopted it out of our helplessness. If we had the atom bomb, we would have used it against the British."

Really makes you think.

Attached: 1344177706902.png (2688x2688, 141.56K)

Are you really implying the Indians could have overthrown the British empire forcefully? Ok. Has anyone in this thread read any actual nonviolent theory, or even a fucking history of the Indian Independence movement, or the civil rights movement? This is embarrassing.

maybe should have said oust British occupation instead of overthrow the empire but the point remains

Non-violence only works if your adversary cares if you live or die. And hundreds of years of evidence suggest that killing leftists is the norm.

Attached: 006.jpg (850x400, 67.32K)

This is complete bullshit. The CIA and its assets in the region have deliberately spread Salafism precisely because it is violently reactionary. The USA supports Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and ISIS.

Let's not forget Ghandi was a racist, caste-supporting piece of shit who fiddled little girls.

Even racist, classist, nationalist, liberal pedophiles know what's up. What's your excuse?

Just saying, the armed forces fighting the British occupation were way better and deserve more credit.

owned by Satan
good posts keep them coming

Well, if liberal pieces of shit like OP want to uphold Gandhi as a proof that "no, really, non-violence twerks, you guys", they need to be reminded that even he thought it was shit, and the Brits were high on their own supply of spreading civilization. That shit wouldn't fly with the French, I can tell you that.

ok, but there are much bigger problems with the people in the OP, they are paid by the State Department:

Violent revolution of Russia

Meanwhile, Indian approach

USSR:

India:

For a green comrade, you're surprisingly blind. I'd at least be up in arms about the pollution they generate every year.

Attached: image2-4.jpg (640x480, 149.6K)

Seriously now, I will support any means to save the environment and the earth, I don't care if it's violent or not, this is the ship we are all in, and we must take care of it

Don't forget the designated shitting streets
Is it racist to say that indians are less human than other races? cuz Koreans kept a safe balance between good and evil.

Chile was a violent campaign.

everyone in this thread just needs to watch a X vs King debate.

the fact that communism is defamed by bourgie propaganda and civil desobeyance is celebrated just goes to show what porky really feels threatened by.

Another post by a moron that knows a little.

I find that Pacifism helps me to hide my power level.