Gov. Cuomo signs legislation to ban cat declawing

Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed legislation Monday that bans declawing procedures on cats. The bill takes effect immediately.

“Cat declawing is a brutal procedure similar to severing a human finger at the first knuckle and has lifelong ramifications for cats,” Cuomo said in a press release. “I am proud of the new Senate majority’s emphasis on animal welfare and am glad the Governor enacted this legislation.”

According to the governor’s office, declawing, also known as onychectomy, involves the removal of all or most of the last bone of each of the toes of the front feet, and tendons, nerves and ligaments that allow for normal function of the paw are severed, resulting in intense and chronic pain and other serious medical or behavioral issues.

Officials from the governor’s office say after the claws are removed, cats often shift their gait and where it places most of its weight, causing strain on its leg joints and spine, which can lead to early onset arthritis and prolonged back and joint pain. Cats’ claws play an important role in various aspects of their lives, including to assist in climbing and maintaining balance and to escape danger.

more here:
wivb.com/news/capitol-bureau/cuomo-signs-legislation-to-ban-cat-declawing/

Attached: cat_declawing_ap_72219.jpg (960x540, 106.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/parasite-makes-mice-lose-fear-of-cats-permanently-1.13777
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And it was a sad day for couches and furniture everywhere.

Now just ban cat litter and we can finally move on and evovle as a species.

Meanwhile men's penises are being mutilated around the clock because of Talmudic horseshit

ginsberg needs those foreskins to survive you BIGOT!

How dare you say such awful antisemetic things!

That will raise the disease rates… Good job crazy cat ladies!

Attached: Kirk dog.JPG (979x755, 85.36K)

even better, have a limit on cats per house/person and spay all of the strays

Well now we’re getting somewhere

damn siko meatballa cat
scratch-a mio eye

Attached: Cat_Scratch_My_Face.jpg (606x640, 72.23K)

Look that's a real issue but can we just be happy cats aren't getting mutilated anymore? just for this moment?

THEY BETTER MAKE MALE GENITAL MUTILATION ILLEGAL. SERIOUSLY! MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO CUT A BABY'S PENIS!

Declawing is fucked, but you know what's more fucked? Cats. Yeah they're cool and fun to play with and all that shit, but man they are so fucking bad at everything else. They are TERRIBLE for their local ecosystems, they measurably pulverize local bird and small rodent (not just rats but things like mole and voles too) which has a rippling effect through the food chain. They pass diseases to humans, and pregnant women aren't even supposed to be around cats because the baby could get major birth defects if the mom gets cat shit on her. Oh, and every house with a cat smells like SHIT, even if the owners are very active at cleaning out the litterbox. Cat owners, like smokers, don't realize how bad their house smells, and usually their clothes too.

You can bury your head in the sand catfucker but it doesn't change anything. Do you have any specific points you think I'm wrong about, or are you just gonna act like a bitch?

I think we both know the answer. Bitches love cats.

nature.com/news/parasite-makes-mice-lose-fear-of-cats-permanently-1.13777

cats hav infection to make zombies

Don't fuck cats then

This is a load of bullshit. Maybe if you have an incompetent vet, but, if done right, cats do not act or behave any differently due to the procedure. In fact, I doubt any of them even realize their claws are gone. This is just lies PETA spreads because they are literally insane, and Cuomo the Homo is going along with it because he's just an appeasing idiot.

Indeed. It's low tier feel good bullshit.

Does no one know how to trim cat’s claws?

imagine being this fucking ignorant and stupid

Cats are vicious little niggers with those claws. Fuck cats. Declaw them at the genetic level.

At the very least, most cat owner homes smell like shit for sure, even if you regularly clean the litter box. One of those fuckers is going to pee behind the TV. Source: I own cats.

Eh, mixed feelings. Every cat I've ever had has been declawed, but I've never really thought about it much until now. It is kind of fucked to perform a medically unnecessary procedure like that on an animal, but at the same time neutering is medically unnecessary and every fucking pet and stray possible should be neutered. Shelters are fucking horrible and the fewer animals running around and ending up in them, the better. I guess my opinion on the whole thing boils down to yeah, it's kinda fucked up, but if that's the price for the cat getting a safe place to live, regular food without having to hunt for it, and people to care for it, it's a small enough price.

Neutering is not medically unnecessary. Did you do any research into cats before you decided to own one?

First, declawing carries with it negative effects such as life long pain and stripping of the cats natural defenses. Cats that are neutered are back on their feet in a week usually and seemingly unaware of what's been taken from them. My cat was back to normal the very next day.

Second, where declawing only benefits your furniture neutering has been shown to extend a cats lifespan, prevent the likelihood of cancers developing later in life and tame aggression in cats. Not to mention it prevents your cat from spraying all over your house.

I work with this nigger whose cat recently just impregnated another coworkers cat who she is neighbors with. Neither of them will care for the litter and have no plans to neuter the cat to prevent future litters.

Neutering makes sense, declawing does not.

But you know what's funny, is that cat owners (much like smokers) dont smoke or own their cat to please you. In fact I would venture to bet that the two don't give a FUCK about what you think.

Fuck you, they keep my neighborhood free of vermin, including niggers.

Not medically necessary.

Potentially helpful, but still not medically necessary. Get yourself neutered if it's so great. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing against it. Neutering is still something that should be done to control feral cat populations, but for the individual cat itself, it is not a necessary procedure. It's the removal of healthy body parts that no sane creature able to decide for itself would consent to (insert tranny joke here). It's done because the alternative of mass numbers of wild cats being killed in shelters is worse than a quick snipping. Your coworkers sound like subhuman trash by the way.