Hbomberguy last video

What did you think of this last video?

He's a bit too obnoxious, and some of his videos are waste of time, like all the soya business, why waste time arguing with that crap? But this last video is pretty good !

youtube.com/watch?v=TebCHHCw9rY

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 138.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kiwifarms.net/threads/hbomberguy-harry-brewis-slazenger-rapemachine-whiteshaf.28433/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDWO8fALOQ&t=27s
ask.fm/Hbomberguy/answers/137172178475
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4987404/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not a fan tbh

Attached: dont.jpg (224x225, 9.1K)

he's such a self-centered sociopath, which I guess is normal for young people. I was a bit curious how someone like this could go so heavy into social justice, but then i remembered identity politics basically caters to this juevenile middle class sociopathy.

This is about his latest video and not him personally and our narcissistic culture, and the video has nothing about identity politics.

Your giving him too much credit. At best he's a SocDem, at worst he's 100% liberal.

that was an analysis? he just pasted the average twitter agender liberal's critique of "gamer culture" and "toxic masculinity" (seriously what does that even mean) over a random gaming webcomic.

why waste time making videos against anything in the first place. either get to reading then writing your 500-page treatise on how this one old discredited philosopher from 5 centuries ago was secretly right about everything, crying over your dead wife that you personally choked out in a fit of anger 6 years ago with the ocassional hot take over the latest embarassment or fuck off

you lied to me. Some real faggotry here. I'm a gamer, I spend a few hours each day SC and Lichess. Now I'm supposed to be part of some Penny arcade anti-EA/Jack Thompson drama. have no idea what 80% of this video is about.

The revelation I guess is that shit games get made and potentially good games canceled because profit motive? Wow, this vid was so topical to Zig Forums. Glad you shared it with us so countless user can unwittingly waste 30 minutes hearing this great epistle.

Anyway, I know your people's MO by now, you advertise every video these fucks make on here. I heard Contra's next video is going to be more trans bullshit, taking up the topic "Traps are gay is transphobic". When that drops, don't let me dare catch you shilling for that vid, or else I'll be sure to leave a rambling and exasperated reply about how shitty Contra is.

Well, at least you admit it.

if you insist on posting these then post it in /trash/ where it belongs. it does not deserve its own thread in the slightest.

yeah, I have a gamer have no idea what any of these gaming comics are which are supposedly an endemic problem to the culture I'm a part of. Just to lay it out there, the only gaming comic I ever read was that one Starcraft one by that guy who also makes genderswapped TF drawings, idk what it's name was, it was forever ago.

He's pretty explicitly talked about how the way capitalism works is bad and has referred to Marx multiple times.
While hbomb's probably not as far as him, this most recent episode was at least partially a collaboration with Eric Taxxon, who is an explicitly anticapitalist copyright abolitionist, though most oc that is expressed thru the lens of art.

Isn't it more specifically saying that what we call "gamer culture" is incapable or actively conceals the faults of capitalism even as it rails against problems in the industry? Mapping out the bordrrs and limits of a culture/sub-culture, especially in a materialist dimension, is a pretty helpful tool.

What?

if you point to the part in the video where he specifically sat down and analyzed the core components of this "gamer culture", how it originates and persists, why it can be observed in late capitalist societies, and it's actual importance and relevance outside internet kerfuffles, i will concede to your point.
except he didn't and he doesn't actually care about giving a serious in-depth perspective on this "problem", the very thing he accuses "gamers" of doing (seeing the world in a reactionary, narcissistic, black-and-white "people against my enjoyment and people enjoying with me" way that makes them unable to solve any problem their hobby may have to any degree) he can be accused of, simply making youtube vids to say that he's cooler than those gamers because he once made a tweet or two about how capitalism is bad (which either Wendys or the Sonic the Hedgehog account has probably already done). isn't the apparent call to self-discipline and self-improvement near the end of the video not just a manifestation of this impotent lifestylist approach to socioeconomic issues? and at some fundamental level, doesn't the call to "know more about yourself" and "realize that you were wrong" under scrutiny show itself to just be a call to view this issue (and the world) with hbomberguy's lens?

that's too many words for a dumb yt vid btw

lol, trash playing identity politics who dares complain about others doing it. Yes, gamer an identity for you, one can play games occasionaly without bidentifying oneself as "gamer", without feeling attacked when games or "gamers" are criticized, the fact that you do means you're just as idpol as the idpolers you criticize, which is sad, and very uncritical of you.

I'm anti idpol, I don't like most of these middle class cheerful youtube videos, however, I found this video in particular well above the usual from them and thus this topic.

Sad that some here are as snowflakes as they accuse others of being.

You're acting like a reactionary.

Next you'll say self discipline and self improvement is bad or something.

Marxist analysis of relevant segments of the mass media and public communication is necessary if we want to better understand capitalism as it exists today.
That video however was not an instance of such.

Attached: The-Timeless-Practice-of-Bone-Carving---a92e_08.jpg (350x275, 27.09K)

I don't play games occassionally, I play every day for prizes and recognition.

By the way, the largest prize was about $200 in a regional best-of-one tournament. So far I haven't won any money playing Chess.

What you're perceiving as totally inward looking is basically referring to the fact that square one of a genuine critique is blocked off by the rhetorical devices of PA and CAD, the sectioning off of societal problems into the flaws of specific individuals. The main self-critique here is simply "to what extent am I participating in this system" which still is a very outward-looing premise.
Even the portion on Tommy Wiseau refers to a relationship flaw which is widespread, not individual to Wiseau, as uniquely bizarre a person as Wiseau is.

Well slow the fuck down, Mr. Nietzsche. This is true of basically all art and criticism, bordering on being a truism.

hbomberguy is hurtful to the left by looking at all the stereotypes the alt-right has about the left but decide they are a good thing.

He's not funny, he's rather cringey. Also reminder that he gets thousands of dollars per video with his Patreon.

kiwifarms.net/threads/hbomberguy-harry-brewis-slazenger-rapemachine-whiteshaf.28433/

I wasn't big on the video when I first saw it but seeing people here dislike it has given me a greater appreciation of it. If you dismiss criticism of toxic masculinity on instinct when it so clearly dominates large swathes of our culture then you either don't care, which makes you useless as a leftist, or you're in defense of it, which makes you not a leftist at all.

Attached: 1415322411852.jpg (153x191, 13.14K)

I don't think masculinity or feminity are toxic in any way.

Toxic masculinity doesn't exist.
It's called being a dick, and women are guilty of it too. Gender essentialism is a spook that needs to die.

hmmmmm

Column A.

Column B.

Column B.

There's nothing wrong with working out or whatever it is you consider self-discipline or self-improvement, so long as it's actual improvement and not just some pseudo-buddhist new age cult bullshit.

That's the thing though. The way he relates movie-Wiseau's inability to see past his preconceptions of other people (and mentions that's how heterosexual men specifically see relationships), a primarily personal struggle that has been portrayed in fiction so many times it could be called transhistorical, to CAD's inability to see the socioeconomic relations that serve as the base of their "struggle" as media consumers god that hurt to write and conveniently forgets to perform any analysis of the actual material position these "gamers" have, as alienated, mostly middle-class men whose primary role as perpetual consumers of commodities and services they have fully accepted and embraced, instead merely saying "well just blame capitalism instead of this guy if you don't like your children toys", rubs me the wrong way. It's on the same level of scribbling "fuck the system" with an anarchy symbol on your middle school notebook. Either way, the way he compares the problem of personal perception with structural oppression could reach the level of materialist analysis, but his lack of consideration for how late capitalist societies define us as subjects, instead settling for the "yeah your beliefs are shaped by culture and so on" shallow truism, makes it unable to do so.
It's not enough to say that, yes, obviously capitalism as a hierarchical system makes it impossible for you to control the way companies behave, and they will always prioritize profit above fulfilling your every want, and your own lack of power will make it hard for you to act according to your interests. That's as basic as it gets. Of course it's a necessary first step to achieve consciousness of our actual situation. But the way he frames the lack of recognition of this impossible struggle of the consumer as a problem of "gamer culture" and failure of individual self-reflection definitely does not achieve that.
Anyways that's definitely too many words for a shitty yt vid

Men and women both suck, abolition of sex and gender is the way to go.

Attached: marx saves vidogame.jpg (1209x1137, 248.8K)

I am when it makes sense (ie Pervert's Guide to Cinema). Caring about the ideology of Sanichu is just autistic.

prove me wrong, nigger

"Toxic Masculinity" is the coopted and commodified set of any masculine traits or ticks, and the masculine edifice that they coalesce into that operates in service of capital and hegemonic order, and generally only applies to either fictional characters or media figures.

It's overly specific imo, masculinity in general has become a bit of a spook for the reactionary-feminist and liberal contingent, and, as with Woman's economic liberation, empowered female identity has been fully installed into capitalism itself along side masculinity.

You can see examples of it the ultra-individualist caricatures of working men in media who self-alienate from other workers, or in the affectation of puffed-up masculinity as deployed by neo-nazi figures.

Identity is a new opium of the masses, and you can find self-enriching peddlers of this dope everywhere.

Reading "toxic masculinity" as "masculinity is toxic" is reactionary garbage.

Which could still be attributed to women.
Even pick up culture has a female counter-part. Everyone is just using eachother under capitalism, and assigning these instances as male or female has always seemed arbitrary to me.

I've seen women buy into this, as well.

Which is just a puffed up idea of "strength". That's not a notion that's unique to men, but only pandered to them.

*that's not unique to men

Ultimately I agree, these are arbitrary bits of behavior, but they, and in their context constitute what one considers 'masculine' in at least American culture.

I'm not arguing for a metaphysical notion of masculine or feminine, which apply entirely to each sex exclusively and unalterably,

Strength, if you're a traditionalist, is associated with masculinity. Again, I agree with you, but they don't, and they're selling an identity to their contingent of confused boys. Their Masculinity™ is toxic.

All that aside, I think the term is unhelpful on its own in a modern context, and I'd rather defer to something like Peter Coffin's notion of a "Cultivated Identity" to be honest.

Imagine my shock.

Hbomb's point that the shit he talked about was largely the product of the greater social and economic conditions in which they were produced is completely correct and I can't understand why Zig Forums is so buttblasted about it beyond a few no-theory Zig Forumsyps invading this board.

Attached: marx beer.jpg (600x572, 76.39K)

oh no, I can't believe leftism was impossible until someone came up with the term toxic masculinity in the 80's, my whole life is a lie

The problem is Zig Forums contain news in one post, but let celebrity things take many post that fill first page and take up space.
These things should be posted on /leftytrash/ instead………….

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Citrus - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.24_[2018.02.16_14.22.58].jpg (1280x720, 113.42K)

Alright, comrades, how will the socialization of the means of production of games look like?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDWO8fALOQ&t=27s

downloaded through the internet, duh
I'm sure somebody who knows more about the ways of Cockshott than I do could explain how labour vouchers would get distributed for intellectual work/art.

Imagine having to hate capitalism because the video games you want won't get released

I'm a friend of the guy. It was a great video, lot of effort went into it. Even has it's own original score (check out Eric Taxxons other work if you're into that stuff).

I really enjoyed his eventual descent(?) into madness as he explains that CAD isn't seperate from the sphere, but a part of it. It's problems are manifest from larger problems in the culture. Capitalism being the root issue.

I dunno though, I feel like any person on here would already know what Harris is talking about. Unless this thread turns into something else. At least it's entertaining to watch. Can the right produce a man crawling naked out of a canvas of Loss.jpeg? Didn't think so.

his soy videos were great IMO

t.soyboy

Based Harris is the man.

Wow. Fuck off back to reddit you ass licked piece of shit. This guy is a fucking idiot and is ruining the left online. Shaun, Contra, Bomber, Muke should be fucking shot. He's not funny, he panders to liberals and he's a faggot.

No, it was idiotic.

this

>>>/reddit/

Is he? why is he an idiot? what did he say that is so wrong? his channel doesn't explicity focus on communism.
Shaun is more about being against the incel right wing community than promoting communism itself.
Yeah, contra may be a problem.
Muke is Sargon's wife's son.

Have you considered not being so mad?

(you)

Lurk moar faggot.
The moment Harris says anything about my daddy Stalinator, I'll nuke him myself. But he hasn't done so.
Contra promotes changing the left and making it more friendly for boomer scum, so he is kind of problematic, yeah.

Attached: _20180428_175321.JPG (720x646 86.27 KB, 58.07K)

100% this. Show anybody who isn't already on the left any video of these guys and see their reaction. Emasculated cringelords who drink soy to trigger the alt-right and crossdressing roleplayers do not win people over. Period.

I'm fine with this, agreed.

Yup, he's part of the garbage left. Anybody who uses the word "the left" in such an all-encompassing way to obviously include everything to left-liberals and gets mad when people don't want to have this trash on their side is already a reactionary. This why we should stop calling us leftists but communists.

keeling over to gringo usage of the word "leftist"
pathetic

Meeeeeeh
he looks to me more like one of those bluepilled anarchists and less like shills such as contra"make the left more boomer"points.
He hasn't had the balls to actually make a video denouncing the soviet union or the DPRK(and he can't), so it's not that bad. First video he makes saying communism is too radical, I'll personally unsub out of disgust. Until then, his content is fun.

Honestly people who like him, like him only for the whole "TRIGGER Zig ForumsREDDIT EPIC STYEL" which in my opinion is retarded and not leftist. Internet marxist are a joke as the internet right when it comes down to this. Some doesn't like trump? "OUR GUY 100% REDPILL, TRIGGERED SOYLIBS? 1488".
Someone doesn't like the right? "OUR GUY 100% RED PILL, HOOCHIETROLL 1917". It's fucking retarded. Is on the same tier of shitposting on image boards.
People call you a degener.ate faggot and your ideology a thing for faggots? "START SUCKING COCKS, DRINK SOY FOR TWO WEEKS, MAKE CONTRAPOINTS THE SPOKESMAN OF THE INTERNET LEFT!"
How this is any different from Turning point USA going around in diapers? Certain people are so high on bullshit tribalism that would literally eat shit to "trigger" the other side. It's retarded, communist were historically superior to this shit. The americans are spreading this shit reasoning all over the world bringing down the political discussion to trash.

He's totally right. Irl I call myself stalinist so that people won't think that I'm on the same side of redliberals. Obviously in presence of more educated people and comrades I'm an ML who knows that Stalinism is a Trotskyite meme. It's damaging. I'm not the same as them nor I want to be.

I seriously hope you are not an ML. He's openly a succdem
ask.fm/Hbomberguy/answers/137172178475

That post implies he's a DemSoc

I'm the guy who made the "this" post
The person who suggested the pirate flag to go to Reddit is a different person

What
said. He seems to me more like a bluepilled normie anarchist. That's it. I bet leftpolists are fine with him. I don't know. Show me any instance where he says communism isn't the way, and I'll unsub.

There is definitely the case of these type of leftists that will endorse and retweet anything as long as its against the right. Pic related is a retweet of Muke of a guy who simply sad Holocaust denial should stay outlawed (which is fine I guess but there are some things about Holocaust denial laws I find rather problematic) but when you check his profile, he's a pro-intervention pro-Israel neolib. Simply because the right says something, you have no obligation to be like "OMFG WTF LITERALLY SHAKING I'M SO AGAINST IT", even if it's crap, it's still a shitty knee-jerk reaction that makes people look pretty uncongenial, especially when they shove their personal policies into everybody's face.

Something about Contra is starting to rub me the wrong way. She's too narcissistic and is falling into the trap no pun intended of focusing too much on her identity. Her and mexie are on the vegan shill train too which its fine dietary wise but they ignore that individualistic consumption choices are not going to reduce emissions while large corporations are the sole reason for a large part of pollutiom. Hbombdude and Shaun are aight even if the content panders to liberals sometimes. Contra is starting to get on my nervs.

Fucking hell, forgot pic

Attached: _20180428_182801.JPG (720x841, 153.06K)

TANKIE TIME
I like how he includes liberals bluntly unaware by that logic he will get rounded up

Shaun seems to be pretty stable, hbomberguy is not, check his Kiwifarms thread. Contra gets more and more delusional every day. Compare her old videos/Tweets with her new ones, she's getting deeper and deeper into her rabbit hole and she definitely is a narcissist. Making a 50 min video about her gender identity is absolutely preposterous.

Liberals, as in liberalism(Adam Smith), then no, he wouldn't. Stop using burger terminology.

Yeah, contra gave me lots of warning signs. I don't trust him.
Mexie at least goes full pro communism and anti capitalism multiple times, so I don't like putting her on the level of Contra.

Mexie also has zero fear of contact with "tankies". She even liked FinnBol's Stalin videos.

This is why the working class doesn't like socialism/socialists because they view them as privileged college graduates who talk nothing but fancy semantics. About the patreon thing I get they gotta make their money but nigga I aint paying you to make youtube videos. Its like the people that did kickstarter man I just dont get it Im not sending off my money to some random fuck who may or may not folloe through. unless its union dues ofcourse

Mexie does put out good content don't get me wrong but this might be a minor nitpick but I just don't like the way she does are thumbnails looks like every other youtube video thumbnail probably to conform to youtubes algorithm to maximize views Seems petty but I just feel like it has something to do with the way fame works and how it affects people by making a narcissist. All these YouTube celebrities and e-celebs just use thumbnails, talking points, and popular editing techniques to mass appeal to liberals so that way they can get patreon bucks. Don't get me wrong I know they got to make their money but something about this whole thing just rubs me the wrong way but all I see is capitalism is the reason why they have to go to YouTube to beg for money just so they can pay rent. Its fucked up and honestly doesn't seem like a bad gig but I think eventually the fame gets to your head. I make youtube videoes but I highly doubt Ill ever get that popular and I dont think I want too that shit will fuck up my mental health.

Didn't she literally eat like five big macs on video?

Mexie converted your girl into Marxist-Leninism-Patreonist-Veganism. Contra says she feels bad for eating meat now at least in the livestream they did together

Just looked it up, Shaun makes 2900$ per video. Contra should be arround the same (it's hidden). Hbomberguy hides his money as well, but since he has more Patreons, he probably earns the best out of this kabal.

To compare it with Mexie, she gets 300$ per video.

Holy fuck, I didn't realise that soyboy makes so much cash. At least his Charlottesville video had some good research behind it.

Stop treating culture like a monolith. Any part of culture that's cultivated by capitalism to sell you shit is going to suck and cater to base impulses because that's the easiest/most efficient way to manipulate people into buying commodities. Gaming culture isn't just dweebs posting cringeworthy comics online or holding a big conference to market games. Gaming culture also includes friends hanging out playing some party games, local fighting game tournaments, arcade enthusiats, speedrunners and let's players, and so on and so on. Any analysis of "a culture" that focuses on one problematic element and tries to extrapolate to the entire rest of the culture in the sphere is toxic bullshit designed to poke people in the tribalism instincts. It's inherently both political and marginalizing, and regardless of someone's professed political outlook it's reactionary as fuck.

t. anally mad soyboy gaymer

She didn't make a 50-minute video about her gender identity, she made a 50 minute video analyzing and debunking autogynophilia theory, which isn't the same thing and is something that negatively impacts the perception of trans people. This is like calling a book on industrial capitalism a 300-page blog post about the author's factory job. You're being incredibly disingenuous.

She didn't debunk it, she called Blanchard a creep and a crypto-pedophile, and she's just plain out wrong:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4987404/

Insulting Blanchard who's been an advocate for trans rights negatively impact trans people, a scientific theory that hurts your fee fees does not.

I mean, the guy started transitioning because he was scared of aging. Also he started shilling his merchandise in a video about minorities (yeah, these guys make a lot in merch too).

Contra looks like a guy who went into philosophy at uni with loads of idealism and then got extremely disillusioned with how things work - so, on one hand, I feel happy for him that she's been able to produce creative output on platform where everybody loves her and even makes a living from it. That's lucky and it must be a dream come true for her.

On the other hand, she's clearly an unstable person. And giving unstable people fame is always a bad idea.

yeah i used to actually like contra's videos a lot back in 2016 days but now i think both the whole transitioning thing and probably the much exacerbated harassment from Zig Forums-types thing is really driving them off the deep end. i kinda sympathize but idk. i can't help but feel that they were much more happier and thought a lot more rationally and clearly back in their crossdresser days

Everyday after day hearing about it, I wonder if I should read this and if its premise is true.

Attached: 518eHNLyvIL._SX331_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (333x499, 49.87K)

Contra was always pretty shit. "His" old videos were on the level of whataboutism and casting aspersions while not really drawing concrete conclusions as a way of excusing the insulting picture painted. A lot like the whole "dude it was just satire it was just a prank lmao" where you say a lot of shit and cop out of responsibility for it. Classic narcissist shit. Nowadays "she" makes a real attempt to put things logically when not interviewing some dipshit from the leftoid youtube crowd, but her context is insufferably bourgie (culturally) white liberal, which combined with the narcissism makes the content riddled with oversights and class contempt.

Shaun shills the "Assad is hitler" meme, he can't fucking rot with all the other shit socdem e-celeb slime ITT.

tbh I've never watched a Shaun video to the very end. He talks so fucking slow, almost slurred, and doesn't even put up a picture related to the topic (and gets 3k for that and even complains about editing lmao). I've tried watching his response to Kraut and Tea and tried to explain how arson isn't really arson when brown people do it so I got uninterested pretty quickly.

Can*

Did a mod edit my post?

Tankies are so pathetic.

I'm a Southerner, and you guys remind me of these one-church protestant cults that dot the South who all claim to be the only real Christians and everyone else is a heathen, heretic or directly in league with the devil, usually over failing to recognize some theological minutia or failing some purity test.

Attached: trashman.jpg (352x450, 30.81K)

Shut the fuck up liberal.

Your meaning is clear to anybody with basic reading comprehension. I wouldn't worry about it.

Tankies suck but the liberals are much worse.

Attached: b0f84a8e823f4672b07035a3fbacdaf72260deba190c197424ad6840934d34aa.png (128x86, 13.57K)

b-but maybe Zig Forums-sempai will notice us

It's not about purity, I, for once, have no problem with BadMouse or Mexie who borth aren't Marxist-Leninists, but why would I ally myself with someone who's made a habit out of shitting on my own beliefs? Would you ally with such a person? Of course not.

You shit on everyone else's beliefs, can't take your own medicine?

This is why ☭TANKIE☭s are so maligned more than anything else.

Attached: Tankies.jpg (1200x816, 170.83K)

Attached: noggin joggin.gif (498x498, 612.95K)

Check.

So…. to summarize:
Hbomb is a bluepilled anarkiddie, but there's no need to gulag him.
Mexie is /ourqueen/
Contra is a dangerous shill. Watch out for him.
And Shaun speaks so slow that he will put all of us to sleep.

Attached: 1411232546567.png (275x213, 126.8K)