Books

Can we have a thread going about non-theory books.

Btw Im interested in some classics, is Heart Of Darkness any good?

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 21.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e-reading.club/bookreader.php/1002492/Limonov_Edward_-_Its_Me_Eddie.html
mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 11018421_1559284631002016_549962528_n.jpg (480x480, 31.97K)

Cool.
Copy pasted from another thread where I reccomended Le Carrè to understand how espionage works:
Remember you guys, this is fiction so nothing in these novels refers explicitly to real life facts.

So this is Le Carrè first famous novel (He wrote 2 others before this one but they were more crime novels than accurate spy novels. Even if they are part of the same universe and continuity they are not essential).
This is really different and less grounded than his later novels but is still accurate as fuck. It's a really short and thrilling read.
It shows:

Attached: spu.jpg (333x499, 47.34K)

Attached: cover.jpg (300x400 302.11 KB, 30.06K)

Attached: cover.jpg (790x1186 103.34 KB, 117.31K)

Any Discworld novel, webm related.

That was the longest short story I've ever read in my life. It actually took me several tries to finish it because I'd keep falling asleep 4 pages in.

Want a great short story? Metamorphosis by Kafka.

Attached: Sam Vimes Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness.mp4 (854x480, 1.31M)

Btw if someone is interested in more free pdf novels just ask.

Heart of Darkness was a masterpiece of existential dread and state funded private violence, but without a teacher that knew what the book was actually referencing, I don't think I would have gotten nearly as much out of it. Konrad turned what could have been a 400 page Russian novel into 78 pages.

Check out the Twenty Days of Turin if you like weird fiction. It takes place in the aftermath of the Years of Lead and eerily predicts aspects of the internet's impact on society more than a decade before commercially available web access.

Attached: 30285138.jpg (314x475, 110.5K)

Discworld is liberal brainrot, barely any better than Harry Potter. I say this as someone who loved it as a kid.

This one pairs well with the non-fiction "the last pagan generation".

Attached: 1001004001896633.jpg (544x840, 69.28K)

Sartre, Brecht, Badiou dramas are a must for any commie.

Also read the Trial. Or actually just read as much Kafka as possible.

Only good book

e-reading.club/bookreader.php/1002492/Limonov_Edward_-_Its_Me_Eddie.html

Anyone else here like Blindness by Jose Saramago or Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse? Those are some great novels.
Also this

the history books collection of /his/ has several thousand history books

link
mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA

Thanks m8

I feel the same. I tackled it a few years ago in my second year of uni and hardly got the sense of horror or violence I thought I would, after watching Apocalypse Now. Fine book and all but didn't have the impact it could have had.

I really liked Ulysses, Brothers Karamazov, and this weird post-apocalyptic piece from someone of the Tolstoy lineage where one man takes credit for all world literature in a backwards village and one of his scribes uncovers his secret and leads a 'progressive revolution' against him. [attached] Not to mention the works of Hermann Hesse despite being something of a petit-bourgeois idealist. But hey I am petit-bourgeois myself.

Hesse's Demian had a massive effect on me. Not directly in a political sense, but very profound none the less.

Perhaps the 'creation and worship of new gods' is a necessary step in creating a world free of private property and other such Reifications. If we were to look at religion as moving from a folk practice to a pillar of the state, then it could be inferred that what was a part of the human condition was privatized, exploited, and thus the people need to reclaim it. Religion and culture are central to forming the values that prefigure what 'logic' we search for to confirm our beliefs. Thus, if we can change people's values, we can fundamentally change the conversations we have, framing things in a way that supports communal action, and demonizes the acquisition of private property. Moving the discourse into our ballpark, to use an American idiom.

Late stage capitalism thread: the book. Probably best to read it in a good mood, as it's 300 pages of non-prescriptive ironic boomery that mostly serves to break your spirit.

Attached: 91vWoLBq6VL.jpg (1423x2129, 702.07K)

Pretty depressing. You’ll never want to go near a college campus again

Attached: Homer - The Odyssey.pdf (William Blake- Complete Po….pdf)

Finished it recently. Delillo nailed everything from cospiracy culture to techno positivism. Fantastic

That's the fucking point

DeLillo is good for beginners but it's time to crack open some Pynchon and Saramago, anons. Also Don needs a better editor, Underworld could've been cut by like 200 pages.

Homage to Catalonia is fuckin great, funniest Orwell I've read

Delillo is different from those. True that he's more accessible, but still one of the best modern americans.
Also underworld is perfect as it is, Mao 2 is his best

All the non theory books I have in my room are all compsci and physics books with that occasional boomer/liberal tier war story book about American imperialism and some futurism books from Michio Kaku.
What's your poison user?

I'd say if you read Mao 2, White Noise, & Cosmopolis you've seen all of his tricks and can safely move on.

I'm not sure if greek philosophy goes along with theory but I have republic and Aristotle's The Nicomachean Ethics.
On my desk I have Steward calculus 6th edition. and paying on the side waiting to be read is SICP, Real time systems and thier programming languages, the c programming language, and 2005 ada by barnes.

Yeah, sure. Here's my to read non-fiction stack. I'm about to re-read for the tenth time Lord of the Rings, although it has been a couple of years since I've last read it. There's also The Cremator coming in the mail tomorrow, as well as the Unfinished Tales later on this week.

Attached: muh non theory stack.jpg (785x1280 3.16 MB, 789.33K)

I actually haven't read that one but it sounds like I need to give it a shot, thanks.

Sounds great. I deal with a lot of technopositivism.

To me, 'theory' is basically philosophy under a different name. In the 19th century 'philosophy' and 'metaphysics' went into disrepute in favor of 'positive science' and onward into the twentieth century. Understand though that all that old philosophy was always practical, central to life, and it's been marginalized by science and 'progress' to be a fad, pass time, ivory tower bs. This also involved the decay of ethics, not in the sense of morality but the Greek sense of habit or ways of life. Hence the postmodern nihilist disaster we are in. Theory aims to change life.

How exactly? The way he writes The Patrician it seems like Ankh is a ☭TANKIE☭'s wet dream. What's a specific grievance you have with the series?

Iain M Banks is good escapism. Also, de Sade is great free speech material.