Kanye West wants to talk about class for a second

youtu.be/lWJBWU7asEg?t=1685
In the recent TMZ interview, Kanye said that we focus too much on race when the true issue is class. He thinks there's a class war coming and thinks Trump won because Obama was too much of a representation of the upper class. Thoughts? Is he /ourguy/?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1221x502, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Snowcone965/status/991695769714479104
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well he is correct about obama being a neoliberal puppet. He talked about hope and change but nothing really changed much besides the new manager was black.
You look at California, a state dominated by democrats to the point the republican is basically extinct and they have the highest poverty rate in the union. Even worse than the so called "backwards" southern states.

Trump did pander to these people, so did bernie. The forgotten people who were supposed to quietly go into the dustbin of history as their jobs were outsourced and the new diverse america where every woman is a CEO and every black a small business owner came into being.

I know most people here don't care but this guy on twitter has a VERY interesting theory on Kanye's latest happenings that I wish more people would pick up on. A couple news sites have picked it up so far.

twitter.com/Snowcone965/status/991695769714479104

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (610x900, 419.96K)

If that is true, I would go back to respecting Kanye again (his fucking sampling of Strange Fruit almost killed me).

Find a job

Isn't there a good English edition of La société du spectacle? Someone here should set up a Go Fund Me or stuff like that to buy some based literature and send it to Mr West-Kardashian. Some short and easily readable introduction to Marx would be good too.
I don't think he's /ourguy/ right now. But with the right kind of input, I bet he could be.
For a starter, people with a Twitter account should tag his name and that of Guy Debord together. If we create a tweetstorm - or whatever the fuck is called - and catch his attention, things could get really interesting.

Attached: 43666363_303.jpg (912x393 62.53 KB, 334.48K)

#KanyeDebord
#KanyeSpectacle
#KanyeMarx
#KanyeManifesto
#KanyeDasKapital

So how about this as a basic reading list for comrade West-Kardashian:
Guy Debord - Society of the spectacle
Terry Eagleton - Why Marx was right
Mark Fisher - Capitalist Realism
then after those we can send him TANS and the collected works of marx, engels and lenin

M8, seriously… We're just doin' it for the lulz… But if we accidentally start a revolution, well…

Guy Debord must be the first, absolutely. Comr8 West-Kardashian is in showbiz, so SotS it's the most relevant to him.
The other two books seem a good choice. Something recent and relevant for today.
Let's not forget comr8 KW spent some time in China as a kid. Getting him interested in Mao-era posters A E S T H E T I C would be good.

chapo is insufferable, I don't care whaat's happening on twitter

He's just saying "woke" things he saw on YouTube.
Nothing celebrities say is revolutionary, just hot air…….

He's not wrong. The way reactionary liberals are freaking out shows he's hitting close to home. It would be great to see minorities turn their backs on the ruling class leading to the collapse of the democratic party.

No, he's not "ourguy"

First, talking about class is not necessarily revolutionary, many reactionaries use left wing rethoric when it's convenient.

Second, he's in contact with Peter Thiel, a neoreactionary

Holy shit does no one read comments on SOS it's like twice as good

Source on him being in contact with Peter Thiel?

Objectively it's far more revolutionary than a liberal weeping warm tears about race

Twitterfags deliver?

Oh that's very interesting actually. Although the execution seems a lot clumsier than they probably intended.

California's poverty rate is directly related to the cost of housing. IE, it's a ridiculously desirable place to live due to its economic growth and public programs, so speculators buy up even more land and sell it for bigger premiums, taking huge chunks out of everyone's savings.

As someone who lives in a southern state, I can tell you - I'd much rather be poor in California than here. Just walking around the fucking place, I got job offers… and hell, at least urban California's homeless are entertained. People in the city over here treat you like you're in fucking Hollywood amongst stars, but people in actual Hollywood treat you with more respect than they do here - which is amazing, I don't remember ever getting the "are you going to steal something?" treatment during my time there - they don't have time to fuck around with that stuff, because their economy is booming all the time. If I could find a gig that would get me rich enough to be "poor" after California housing costs, I'd have it made.

Well colour me surprised.

That's not saying much

Not even about racism - actually, California liberals I met do seem to harbor some open racism, but my flag is misleading - it's a running gag, I'm not black and pretty much just use it cuz "black power" is cool af. When people give me shit here (and I got some one time in Denver, too, which actually is kind of funny) it's because they think I'm homeless - and since I live in a place that's very black (enough to prevent them from becoming the default underclass), on occasion a person of color has had the honor of hassling me in a parking lot or glaring me out of their pharmacy. It's very progressive!

The most memorable times, though (note: not done by black guys) were at this bar on my way home. Several instances - a couple where they hassled me at the door (one kept me out, another they were more accommodating and offered to keep my bag and watch me until I'd proven my banality), and a third on a very cold night when the place was almost empty - I admitted that I was just coming in for the air conditioning and was promptly ordered to leave by a panicked staff. The place later caught controversy when they posted a 'dress code' - the same stuff they'd used to try and keep me out before they even had it posted, but of course the criticism was reduced to allegations of racism. But it's a pseudo-upscale bar and a number of homeless people congregate, flirt, and ask for money on its corner - some a bit aggressive, and it's fairly certain that incidents have occurred in the place and the kind of patrons the bar gets wouldn't react well even to a small one.

For whatever combination of reasons - better distribution of wealth, better community, better drugs, better economy, less judgmental culture, better welfare - people in urban CA don't have the time to be pricks like that. Pricks, yeah, but not in a hostile "GET OUT" kind of way mostly.

KW own Twitter