Is "Working Familes of America" a subtle racial dogwhistle?

Tax bill is said to be all about "working families of America™." P Ryan and the GOP use this phrase fucking constantly. Even some dems have start using the phrase a lot. Basically in this country you get dick if you're a young person, single mother, Chronically Alone Individual, or a couple without kids (includes lots of LGBT folks.) etc. When policy is being designed you're basically considered collateral damage to whatever benefits the working families of America™. To me it sounds like this phrase is one of the last implicitly racial dogwhistles because it brings about the phrase of a "traditional" white anglo saxon protestant family that goes to church sunday, Dad works at Widget Inc., and the mom is a hairdresser, son is strongly heterosexual and plays sports, and the daughter is also heterosexual but not too sexual.

Attached: bd4.jpg (666x666, 159.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/trump-new-tax-law-mortgage-interest-property-tax-deduction-affect-homeowners-2018-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a)Who cares what washington reptiles mouth out for votes
b)black, latino, immigrant families all work

Nogs and spics have families too. Looks like you're the racist one. Like all Democrats. Democrats are the real racists. PoC are leaving the plantation due to based Kanye and Candace owens.

On a national level it just means petite bourgeoisie and/or professionals. Same with "middle class families." It's essentially implying that any one complaining about this is an unemployed loser.

How the hell did you get from "working family doesn't include certain single individuals" to "implicitly racial dog-whistle"? Were the Soviets now using racial dog-whistles whenever they talked about the family? The reason families are mentioned so often in politics is because nearly everyone has one and so at the very least have some modicum of investment in a bill which effects families, not necessarily because there is some racial component.

Attached: hat-racks-mao-sama-3-sweat-drops.jpg (700x400, 53.46K)

had to google because i dont know who is

oh my fucking god

Attached: holy shit.jpg (1280x720, 97.55K)

FUCK meant for this guy

"you're fucked if you're young, single parent, incel, homo, or otherwise not two parents and some kid/s" is a fair criticism but OP just went full retard with the "families only means white families" with no real evidence.

I mean, unless your an orphan with no family whatsoever or someone who has been estranged from theirs, everyone has a family. Single parent households, young people, incels and homos still have a family in some form, if only just those who raised them.

"working families" sort of obviously connotes 'parents and kid/s' here, even though most people do technically have people they're related to.

maybe to you but i'm mexican and to me it means 3 generations of people living in the same house all of them working in some way or another. sisters brothers cousins aunts etc. last time i checked young people, incels and homos have all of those things.

Man, this is a toughie. I don't know which they'd do.

Attached: 675478547589654789.jpg (384x313, 81.54K)

Yes, of course, but this this is american politics we're talking about. extended families also include parents and kids so they'd count but they're not the automatic mental image.
theres also no doubt some republican politician imagines a white family when he says that, but that hardly makes it a dogwhistle, because again, non-white families also work and fit the implication of 'family' in american politics fine. if its a dogwhistle for anything its like

said.
of course more importantly is

is OP really that concerned that politicians don't pander to minorities enough? seriously just vote democrat if that is your motive for posting this.

GOP always is whistling for white families, but you're a rube if you don't see how the Dems don't even try to make attempts at appealing to white people anymore. It is literally all about being Mexican/Black/Gay/Trans for them. It's sooo fuckin' bad lmao

no you're just making up assumptions, and/or prefer to live in an echo chamber.

In the minds of GOP voters, proles working minimum wage jobs are not real workers, but rather beneficiaries of capitalist largesse. That's the dogwhistle. Real workers work a "real" job, which is of course defined to mean whatever job fits the social class of the conservative hearing the word. So, conservative proles bitch and moan about their coworkers (with some good old fashioned racism thrown in because niggers taking jobs is a standard conservative trope), while middle-class conservatives bitch and moan about every pleb that doesn't kiss their ass, and UMC/rich conservatives just hate everyone who doesn't sit on stacks of wealth and live like modern-day aristocracy.

I hate how true this is. I talk to dipshits all the time that "burger jobs are meant for teenagers" and shit like that. If you aren't making a ton of money, you're not "really working" and you're only slightly better than scum.

GOP leadership aren't constantly scheming for subtle dogwhistles to push on the American people. I guarantee a phrase like that is used because it tested well in focus groups. Perhaps people interpret 'working families of america' as a dogwhistle, but it is used agnostically.

imo the people the tax bill screws the most are homeowners who live in places with very high property taxes (who are coincidentally mostly democratic voters)

How? By cutting their fucking taxes?

Also, nice "democrats are rich suburbanites" meme. The wealthy are just as Republican as they are Democrat, the two parties representing more two factions of the bourgeoisie than that of the people in general.

He's right at least that the tax bill screws over those in states with high property taxes due to loss of tax deductions. See:
businessinsider.com/trump-new-tax-law-mortgage-interest-property-tax-deduction-affect-homeowners-2018-3

by capping removing the state and local tax deductions (SALT)

If you have a nice house in a high tax municipality and/or a high tax state, you pay a fortune in property taxes and state taxes. Previously an unlimited amount of these taxes could be deducted, now the deduction is capped at 10,000 dollars.
Property values in these places have taken a sizeable hit. In the most extreme cases, people have been using these municipalities essentially as tax shelters. They live in really expensive houses and use the lavish local governments as a tax shelter, who would then use that money to fund elite public schools. This was particularly happening in states with a certain school funding formula, wher property taxes get retained almost entirely by local governments instead of getting dispersed across the state to urban *cough* black schools.

not all rich suburbanites are democrats, but the ones the ones specifically in high tax jurisdictions (blue states + blue municipalities) disproportionately are.

Cannot wait till the board is democratpol.

maybe you lads shouldn't have hemorrhaged half your regulars by enforcing an autistic geopolitical party line