Trans fat bans

WHO calls for elimination of trans fat in foods by 2023

cnn.com/2018/05/14/health/trans-fats-who-2023-intl-bn/index.html

What do my leftybros think about this? Personally, I'm not convinced by the personal liberty arguments against it, since they seem to be based on the notion that people are making well-informed decisions on what they eat and that it has nothing to do with affordability or availability or addictivity of the foods in question. Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any good use for trans fats so why not ban them?

Attached: think.png (5000x5000, 412.19K)

Idk.

Not really in favor of a total ban, but yeah - trans fats are pretty much useless. Like all the hydrogenated shit, I'm pretty sure you can just replace that with regular fat and it's really not gonna be any worse. Or they found a way to do hydrogenated shit without trans-fats. One of those. I don't get how the fuck that's possible, though.

That said, I think sugar is probably actually a lot more addictive, and it's also in most of the stuff that's known for trans fat content. And sugar is really bad for you, and they put it in everything. Really you can have like a banana once or twice a week - you'll be ok, probably better off just getting those carbs from regular carbs instead of sugar doses. I know - I used to eat properly, and when I was having stuff with pure sugar like just once every two weeks or so I realized that I could actually feel the stuff coursing through me. To a virgin palette, sugar really is like crack.

fucking transphobic shitlords

Trans fats are very bad for you but HFCS and a few other added sugars are extremely bad and nobody will do anything about that because of how insanely profitable it is. Trans fats are a marginally relevant case that can be used to point to and say "see the system works!" when regulation happens. Meanwhile people are obese and unhealthy because there's fucktons of sugar sneaking into your diet, and the kind of sugar is especially unhealthy and addictive.

Well, are you going to tell me who's calling for the elimination of trans fat in foods?

WHO

That's what I'm asking you!

That's what I'm telling you. WHO calls for eliminating trans fats.

Classic

Attached: IMG_0265.JPG (480x480, 67.02K)

AND THAT'S WHAT I'M– okay, look. Somebody's gotta be calling to eliminate trans fats. So, I go to the computer, call up google, and then I type the following letters into my search bar:

Transfats cause cancer and are a public health risk. They along with alcohol should be banned or at least severely restricted.

W-H-O

Okay, now you're just starting to make me mad.

Alright, I come down with HIV. My HIV gets treated by my Dr who sends me to get a script at an RX. The RX fulfills the script with BF from the FDA. The FDA gets their AC from the US, who base their medical knowledge on information from who?

This is the best thread I've ever seen.

WHO?

WHAT ARE YOU ASKING ME FOR?

Look, all I want to know is WHO is trying to ban trans fats?

YES

YES is taking out time from touring to ban trans fats?

Attached: 6hMpxOQ.gif (293x200, 647.38K)

No, Yes isn't even at this concert. Who is on stage.

Are you gonna answer his question or not dude?

Have an upvote, dear sir. In fact, take this reddit gold. You've earned it.

Man you really nailed the unjustified smug greater-than-thou attitude
10/10 Reddit impression, good job

I just found this subreddit, and man, I didn't know what I was missing. Thanks guys, amazing content. Subbed.

EDIT: thanks for the gold, kind stranger

Lads how many more Reddit posts do you think we can get him to make before he shits up another thread?

Attached: 2O8vjfv.gif (500x410, 8.13M)

Sounds good to me tbh.

Capitalism strikes again.

It's more an Abbott and Costello routine.