Daily News Thread 5/15

Maduro rebukes Kellogg for leaving Venezuela, gives unit to workers

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro blasted U.S.-based cereal maker Kellogg Co on Tuesday for pulling out of the country due to the economic crisis and vowed to hand over the company’s factory to workers.
reuters.com/article/us-kellogg-venezuela/maduro-rebukes-kellogg-for-leaving-venezuela-gives-unit-to-workers-idUSKCN1IG2BS

N Korea cancels talks with South Korea and warns US

North Korea has cancelled Wednesday's high-level talks with South Korea because of anger over its joint military exercises with the US.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-44133308

The Latest: Israeli Military Sends Aid to Gaza

outline.com/GDYNDH

Gaza: 8-Month-Old Baby Killed as Death Toll Rises to 61

The Gaza Ministry of Health reported Tuesday that 61 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli forces including 8 children, among them an 8-month-old baby girl who suffocated from severe tear gas inhalation.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Gaza-8-Month-Old-Baby-Killed-as-Death-Toll-Rises-to-61-20180515-0004.html

Turkey Sends Israeli Ambassador Home, Recalls Envoy From U.S.

Turkey expelled the Israeli ambassador in Ankara and recalled its own envoys from Israel and the U.S., as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan denounced both countries over the killing of Palestinians protesting the American embassy move to Jerusalem.
outline.com/3BXCnF

Nikki Haley says Israel has acted with 'restraint' in Gaza and then walks out of UN as Palestinian envoy begins speaking

US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Tuesday defended Israel's use of force against Palestinian demonstrators in Gaza and walked out of a UN Security Council session as Palestine's envoy, Riyad Mansour, began to speak.
businessinsider.com/nikki-haley-gaza-no-country-would-act-with-more-restraint-than-israel-2018-5

‘No link between US embassy move & deaths of Palestinians’ – Nikki Haley at UNSC

A defiant US accused the UN Security Council of a “double standard” towards Israel, while other states united to condemn violence against Palestinians during the unrest that followed the American decision to relocate its embassy.
rt.com/news/426828-haley-un-israel-palestine/

Don’t Just Bet on AMLO to Win Mexico’s Election, UBS Says

His poll lead is commanding, and it’s been around a while, so investors have been forced to come to terms with the likelihood that Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador will be Mexico’s next president – however much they hate the idea.
outline.com/h6sJaq

'Full-on Struggle': Despite Imprisonment, Lula Leads Latest Presidential Election Poll

After spending over a month detained at the federal police headquarters in Curitiba, former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva continues to lead the voting intention for Brazil's presidential election in October.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Full-on-Struggle-Despite-Imprisonment-Lula-Leads-Latest-Presidential-Election-Poll-20180515-0005.html

Japanese banks trying to hold on to savings of dead clients

In an attempt to keep billions in funds left by deceased customers, Japanese regional banks are using special trusts to enter into banking relationships with the heirs of the departed.
rt.com/business/426815-japan-banks-dead-customers-savings/

U.S. Sanctions Iran Central Bank Governor for Alleged Terrorist Support

The U.S. Treasury Department imposed sanctions Tuesday on Iran’s central bank governor and another senior official in the bank for allegedly providing support for terrorist activities.
outline.com/GL4puP

Amazon and Starbucks blast Seattle tax to fight homelessness

Amazon and Starbucks have hit out at a decision to impose a new tax on firms based in Seattle to help fight homelessness.
bbc.com/news/business-44124326

The American recycling system is on the verge of breaking down, and it could mean higher costs for homeowners

Recycling companies used to make money shipping goods to China, but China has halted imports over contamination concerns.
businessinsider.com/recycling-system-is-breaking-down-2018-5

Letters 'shame' voters before Pennsylvania primary elections

Some Pennsylvania voters have received letters publicising whether they had voted in previous elections before they head to the polls on Tuesday.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44127927

The Gun-Law Loophole That Entices Tycoons and Criminals to Play Cop

James “J.D.” Smith is a former Navy SEAL who worked as a CIA trainer and bodyguard for billionaire Charles Koch. But when he got pulled over in Arkansas a few years ago with what drug agents say was a vehicle full of marijuana, another credential helped him out of the jam: a police badge from the tiny town of Lake Arthur, New Mexico.
outline.com/FKKwWe

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (719x1111, 745.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/shehabagencyen/status/990681863290347520
souciant.com/2018/05/gaza-in-berlin/
itsgoingdown.org/hamilton-corporate-suits-fail-to-intimidate-rent-strikers/
thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/rising-world-inequality/
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/05/links-5-15-18.html
youtu.be/b0oFkBqiUbg
realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/24/kevin_mccarthy_kirstjen_nielsen_elaine_chao_sell_america_first_at_davos.html
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-migrant-children-military-bases-20180515-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1e_dbsVQrk4
twitter.com/AP/status/996579621595475973
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just burst out laughing at the OP image. Considering what it usually is.

Reposting vids from the other thread on Palestine.
Here's the fourth one: mobile.twitter.com/shehabagencyen/status/990681863290347520

Warning: graphic content.

Attached: PartialGorgeousAnkolewatusi-mobile.mp4 (178x320 3.54 MB, 1.27M)

OP/ED

Gaza in Berlin

You haven’t been to a Palestinian solidarity event until you’ve attended one in Berlin.
souciant.com/2018/05/gaza-in-berlin/

Hamilton: Corporate Suits Fail to Intimidate Rent Strikers

Rent strikers in Hamilton, Ontario were not intimidated when corporate suits showed up at their door demanding rent.
itsgoingdown.org/hamilton-corporate-suits-fail-to-intimidate-rent-strikers/

Rising world inequality

thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/rising-world-inequality/

Links 5/15/18

nakedcapitalism.com/2018/05/links-5-15-18.html

Don't they feel anything shooting at random, defenseless people who pose zero danger? Even the average Israeli soldier seems to be far gone, more than I'd have suspected. That, or the snipers they have on the border are sociopaths.

Snipers are picked BECAUSE they are sociopaths. 50% of troops have the marksman ability to be snipers, however most do not have the gaul to shoot someone who isn't a direct threat.

Follow up with images from the UN Security Council session..

I watched the whole thing, and a quick summary.

Attached: Screenshot_20180515-124252.png (1280x720 879.93 KB, 903.05K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180515-115458.png (1280x720 795.69 KB, 776.29K)

Nikki Haley is a psychotic, genocidal bitch and ought to be sacked already; What an embarrassment.

I was listening to NPR yesterday about the movement of the embassy and protests. The former ambassador to Israel under Obama was mostly concerned that Palestinians wouldn't believe the US is a "neutral arbiter." I was wondering whether anyone outside Washington believes the US is a neutral arbiter in that conflict. It's hard to believe anyone in Washington even believes that.

What the fuck I love Sawant now!

LEAVE ISRAEL ALONE

Attached: 8139460l4208062.jpg (660x281, 23.41K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180515-122752.png (1280x720 827.03 KB, 824.06K)

Say it with me
IT'S
HAPPENING

Attached: d0fe1d72731aed8242591176609f505e42112eb68bcf57ad09c047c99d055771.gif (700x420 126.71 KB, 59.65K)

What did Bolivia say? Any more teachings of Lenin?

DEMSOC GANG GANG GANG

Attached: 1519_amlo-y-jeremy-corbyn_620x350.jpg (620x350, 28.83K)

I ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) HATE (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ HER

Attached: 2a9ltl.jpg (1280x720 65.19 KB, 709.35K)

What did she mean with this

source

I guess the United States of Amerikka guarantees the right to self-defense unless you're living in an area occupied by the 51st state

Attached: 45spnltiytx01.png (1744x1186, 3.82M)

The geopolitical implications tho. What will a Trump-led America do when it's 2 biggest allies and trading partners become openly anti-imperialist?

Britain is not our ally, it's our lackey.

Israeli reactionaries full-on embrace of western right wing reactionary thought (including its anti-semitism) has once again proven that fascism has no concrete ideology other than "fuck everyone who tries to stop me from exploiting others and fuck those who I am exploiting" and of course the paranoid need to believe that the system is failing because of some evil external group.

Why do I get the feeling that Mexico is going to team up with China to fuck Trump country?

go to 2:07:05

pay no attention to the funded by Russian government (like U.S. funded PBS, NPR and BBC :P)

RT seems to be the only source on YouTube which posted the full session

youtu.be/b0oFkBqiUbg

That is exactly what is going to happen as Trump becomes more and more unreasonable

Nightmare scenario for farmers right now.

And Trump wants to fuck foodstamps so people just don't eat corn syrup products anymore. Iowa is about to go fucking revolutionary.

You can also add to that labor shortages thanks to ICE cracking down on foreign workers.

Trump's shenanigans are going to crack the GOP's hold on rural America.

Erdogan is moving forward into Afrin to "cleanse" Kurdish groups from "terror" border,
and claims to be undeterred by possible confrontation with U.S. troops.

Trump going to globalist World Economic Forum with "America First and American Exceptionalism" message. Watch Elaine Chao sound like a groveling cult member rebuking members "America is exceptional!" and "You should feel honored he's coming!" and "If you don't like it then don't listen!":

realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/24/kevin_mccarthy_kirstjen_nielsen_elaine_chao_sell_america_first_at_davos.html

I S
S

I T
T

H A P P E N I N G
A
P
P
E
N
I
N
G

??
?

Fake news. Those Porky fucks need to start paying better than slave labor and there wouldn’t be a labor shortage in ag

It's not a problem for Trump. Farm jobs might suffer a bit but the losses there are primarily with migrant workforces and investment fund managers not rank and file voters. On the flip side if both China and Mexico stop free trade then shitloads of industrial jobs return to America.

Trump's strategy is bulletproof here. Although it'll completely fuck up global capitalism in the process just so he can keep his Republican supermajority. Figure that once the rest of the planet looses everything from a trade war they'll have no reason not to embrace communism while an isolationist America stands back. If you live outside America, it's time.

Slowly. The fall happens next October right after weak Q3 financials come out of large companies rolling into a shitty holiday season. By this point Trump will have ratcheted up the trade war with China beyond the point of no return while AMLO will have assumed office (or get shot and have started a major civil conflict). To use PBS's Wealthtrack terminology, we're nearing the end of the current business cycle.

Attached: 1491601031858.png (618x685, 362.38K)

Trump administration preparing to hold migrant children on military bases

chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-migrant-children-military-bases-20180515-story.html

The United States is going to put the children, that they pulled from their families, into internment camps.

Attached: 151123-Takano-internment-camp-tease_wjnwwu.jpg (1480x833, 177.68K)

Are you joking? 88% of all U.S. farms are small family farms. They're the driving force of the Midwestern economy.

If they get fucked, their entire Midwest will go down with them.

hue
the US is not willing to do the economic planning to do that and the corporations are going to go to places they can pay china tier wages not back to the US

This. Trump has given no real indication that he's willing to actually invest in American industry. He talks a big talk, but the only action we have so far is half assed measures that don't do shit. Look at his infrastructure program. It's a joke.

Congress also won't do shit. They're right now loosening rules to make it easier for businesses to outsource labor.

rev up those rapetoriums

"Privately owned" is not the same as a "small family". If you check most are wrapped up into larger enterprises, companies, corporations and trusts. And if things do get really bad they could have Congress ban most oil plastics (substituted with corn plastics) or require Ethanol to be blended into all gasoline (as is already done in most of the midwest). They have options that factory workers were denied.

Not much investment needs to be done. At the very most there would need to be better power lines and railroads but both are privately owned and will happily scale up for new customers.

Technically Obama started this during his term but it was only a temporary measure. Trump is gonna make it permanent.

I wonder what happens next, ICE being augmented with the national guard like the CBP currently is? It'd be Zig Forums's wet dream. Trump could even put bounties on illegal children who skip their court hearings while creating a national neighborhood watch force to create the right wing death squads Zig Forums wants so badly.

I don't care lol

Bruh have you not seen how the average Israelie feels about Palestinians?
youtube.com/watch?v=1e_dbsVQrk4

BREAKING: North Korea official says country has no interest in summit with US if it's based on 'one-sided' demands to give up nuclear weapons

twitter.com/AP/status/996579621595475973

IT'S TIME.

janny nanny boo ban me

Attached: IMG_0252.JPG (1400x1292 442.5 KB, 423.72K)