Iraqi Elections

The Iraqi Communist Party won big gains in the election yesterday. They make up a big part of the Alliance of Revolutionaries for Reform, the coalition with Sadris and his party. I was surprised no one had talked about it yet. Pics are of their supporters in an Assyrian village in the Kurdish Regional Government.

Attached: IMG_20180515_140556.jpg (960x720 116.65 KB, 98.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Representatives_of_Iraq
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Communist_Party
quora.com/Was-China-involved-in-the-Soviet-Afghanistan-war
middleeasteye.net/news/iran-out-iraq-free-jubilation-sadr-communist-alliance-wins-big-592381343
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_parliamentary_election,_2018
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_Revolutionaries_for_Reform
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This has to be the biggest irony of the first 20 years of the 21s century

It was an upset to say the least. The US backed candidate ended up in third place, the Iranian guy was second, and Sadris and the communists won lol.

There are too many bourgies in the coalition for my taste, but at least it's a start.

Well done, Iraqi comrades. Make sure the Porkies don't fuck you over.

I've heard they're shit. How bad are they?

They make up the majority of leftist exposure in Iraqi politics and have been active since 1934. Opposed the invasion but decided to work the new government to their favor. Apparently it's worked

FUCK YEAH
LESS ALLAH
MORE STALINATOR
It's time to make the Middle East RED once and for all.

Also Sadir is a weird one, he is a anti sectarian shiite cleric who rejects Iran and actively fought the US occupation. He has also worked with secularists in the past, despite being an islamist. He may be the first muslim equivalent of like a christian democrat or some shit.

it seems to me that Shiites islamists are a lot less assblasted compared to Sunni ones. Is this only because wahhabism has completely taken over all of Sunni islamism?

Eh I think that's false, Shiite Iran's islamism is gar less chill than sunni Turkey's.
But anyways, I think this is Islamism as a political ideology gling through its "social democratisation". Compare it with the bolshevik islamism of Iran, or the baathist islamism of Turkey, or the maoist islamism of the Taliban ect. (Sloppy, but understandable analogues, yes?). Sadir moving towards a form of islamism that becomes more like distributivism and engages in only mild social conservativism can be used as a useful force.

tfw have several million riding on the dinar revaluation
Get on with it.

Maoist islamism of the taliban? Explain pls

I cannot find any information about Iraqi Communist Party gaining any gains. According to Wikipedia Iraqi government is run by center-right.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Representatives_of_Iraq

According to their Wikipedia page they only have two seats in the Council of Representatives of Iraq and only 3 seats in local governorate councils

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Communist_Party

I think it refers to the fact that Chinese who after Soviet-Chino split had bad relationships supported anti Soviet forces in Afghanistan.
quora.com/Was-China-involved-in-the-Soviet-Afghanistan-war

I am comparing the Taliban to the PLA during the chinese civil war.

I think the easiest explanation is that he is a genuine Iraqi post-saddam nationalist. Against all foreign influence, and supportive of programs that help his base, the poor

Makes sense tbh, it would fit with the analysis of some kind of muslim christian democrat.

Attached: Thinking.gif (480x264, 1.88M)

not that i particularly have a liking for the iraqi communists, but revolutionaries too are using reforms
your reply is funny but you might end up actually confusing younger uneducated people here

Should form a coalition with the Moderate Extremists.

If only the iraqi could get their revenge and butcher twice the amount of lives the yankee soldiers stole from them…*insert fed flag*
I wish one day we get to see the oil stolen by the yankee terrorists being taken back to Iraq, gallon by gallon.

in the political climate of the middle east, reform IS literally revolution

Just a FYI recent surveys show Iraqis are the most altruistic and charitable people on the planet.

middleeasteye.net/news/iran-out-iraq-free-jubilation-sadr-communist-alliance-wins-big-592381343

And since you used Wikipedia as a source:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_parliamentary_election,_2018
They won 55 seats, a majority.

Is it time for Islamig Gommunism yet?

This party sounds like a shitshow.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_Revolutionaries_for_Reform

Attached: 2018-05-17_16-32-31.png (258x341, 11.04K)

YES

Attached: DKsIrZ6WkAAmUiZ.jpg (1023x677, 63.25K)

If there was a party to call ==NAZBOL== , this would be it.

Attached: c40eda530344609fa2c58aa32398523ef5634b70e0305d05c55efff7272b8e0d.jpg (440x522, 24.28K)

They're gonna fucking try though, you can be sure of that