Daily News Thread 5/24

Trump Calls off Meeting with North Korea's Kim

U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday called off his planned June 12 summit meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in a letter released by the White House.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Trump-Calls-off-Meeting-with-North-Koreas-Kim-20180524-0005.html
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44242558

White House: North Korea's response to Pence was 'last straw'

North Korea’s reaction to comments by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were the “last straw” that led the White House to cancel President Donald Trump’s planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, a White House official said on Thursday.
reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-whitehouse/white-house-north-koreas-response-to-pence-was-last-straw-idUSKCN1IP2KR

Italy president names novice Giuseppe Conte as populist PM

Italy's President Sergio Mattarella has accepted a political novice as prime minister, paving the way for two populist parties to form a government.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-44223034

China scolds U.S. for withdrawing invite to naval drills

China’s Defence Ministry expressed regret on Thursday after the United States withdrew an invitation to China to attend a major U.S.-hosted naval drill, saying that closing the door does not promote mutual trust and cooperation.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-military-exercise-ties/china-scolds-us-for-withdrawing-invite-to-naval-drills-idUSKCN1IP12I

Syrian Media: US Coalition Airstrikes Hit Syrian Army Positions

U.S.-led coalition airstrikes have struck several Syrian army positions near the city of Al-Bukamal, according to Syrian media outlet SANA.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Syrian-Media-US-Coalition-Airstrikes-Hit-Syrian-Army-Positions-20180523-0042.html

Exclusive: Israeli minister says U.S. may soon recognize Israel's hold on Golan

Israel is pressing the Trump administration to recognize its sovereignty over the occupied Golan Heights, an Israeli cabinet minister said on Wednesday, predicting U.S. assent could come within months.
reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-israel-usa-exclu/exclusive-israeli-minister-says-us-may-soon-recognize-israels-hold-on-golan-idUSKCN1IO2YU

Jared Kushner: Security clearance restored for Trump's son-in-law

US President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner has had his top security clearance restored, US media report.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44232917

U.S. May Seek to Install Compliance Staff at ZTE, Says Ross

The U.S. may seek to install its own compliance personnel at ZTE Corp. operations, according to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, adding the Trump administration has made no final decision over changing its penalties on the Chinese telecommunications company.
outline.com/7CSP2B

Boys, 15, guilty of Columbine-style school shooting plot

Two teenage boys have been found guilty of plotting a Columbine-style shooting at a school in North Yorkshire.
bbc.com/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-44237526

Brazil Truckers Strike for Fourth Day

Brazil’s truckers have pledged to continue a four-day strike that has wreaked havoc on the economy, saying a temporary cut in diesel fuel prices doesn’t meet their demands.
outline.com/c8nwWR

Thousands Of Las Vegas Culinary Union Members Authorize Strike

The Culinary Workers Union in Las Vegas held a strike vote for the first time in 15 years yesterday, and they decided to strike if they can't agree on a new five-year contract with 34 properties.
knpr.org/knpr/2018-05/thousands-culinary-union-members-authorize-strike

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (889x1080, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=43KFQTE3Zrk
themoscowtimes.com/news/hide-the-pain-harold-meme-star-is-all-smiles-in-moscow-61561
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/05/heres-money-destroying-world-addiction.html
newrepublic.com/article/148518/american-christians-swaying-irelands-abortion-referendum
fair.org/home/promoters-of-saudi-prince-as-feminist-reformer-are-silent-on-his-crackdown-on-women/
crookedtimber.org/2018/05/23/neo-marxism/
itsgoingdown.org/fbi-conducting-door-knocks-in-michigan/
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/05/links-5-24-18.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This admin just gets more and more retarded at time goes on
at this rate the US will collapse by 2024

Attached: 1492228104200.jpg (299x346, 38.54K)

Trump and his boys are on a speedrun. I'll give it 2019 tops.

youtube.com/watch?v=43KFQTE3Zrk
Trump live

first statement was a threat to use military force against NK and then claiming that Japan and SK have agreed to take on all the costs of any US military operation

Meanwhile, Harold is in Russia.
themoscowtimes.com/news/hide-the-pain-harold-meme-star-is-all-smiles-in-moscow-61561

Attached: 20180524_165247.png (931x633 94.09 KB, 215.05K)

OP/ED

Here’s How Money Is Destroying the World Through Addiction

See this problem for what it is: A loosely organized group of global addicts getting together to figure out ways to enrich each other financially.
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/05/heres-money-destroying-world-addiction.html

How American Christians Are Swaying Ireland’s Abortion Referendum

On May 25, the Republic of Ireland will hold a referendum on the Eighth Amendment of its constitution, which criminalizes abortion in most cases.
newrepublic.com/article/148518/american-christians-swaying-irelands-abortion-referendum

Promoters of Saudi Prince as Feminist Reformer Are Silent on His Crackdown on Women

During his US PR tour in March, Saudi prince and de facto ruler of the absolute monarchy Mohammed…
fair.org/home/promoters-of-saudi-prince-as-feminist-reformer-are-silent-on-his-crackdown-on-women/

Neo-Marxism

crookedtimber.org/2018/05/23/neo-marxism/

FBI Conducting Doors Knocks in Southeast Michigan

The following short statement on FBI harassment comes from the 1st of May Anarchist Alliance.
itsgoingdown.org/fbi-conducting-door-knocks-in-michigan/

Links 5/24/18

nakedcapitalism.com/2018/05/links-5-24-18.html

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (101x103, 27.7K)

Attached: 1518125597974.png (645x729, 58.24K)

US SK alliance is dead.

I don't know about that. SK might pussy out of this.

Looks like Bolton and Pompeo are finally going to have their two scoops wars now
Attacking Israel's enemies, shit's so based

Attached: 5bfc887fd266e15b87971fefa811ddfadc8bada2b6017e1a39d0e70840f07fe8.jpg (400x510, 47.76K)

Relevant

Attached: 32f95f418cfce8b5bfa981173f1409acef588291bada780645f475871ba9dcd9.png (1545x2000, 1.44M)

please don't get my hopes up but this is all I want

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x702, 667.95K)

Nah mate, Moon has been pushing the Sunshinr policy since 2000. He wants peace, and if that means sending the US away so be it. Unified peninsular soon.

Attached: vintage-north-korean-poster-let-our-national-community-run-towards-a-strong-unified-country--8259-p.jpg (672x472, 74.62K)

Attached: IMG_20180524_172741.jpg (1808x1206, 287.53K)

I know most players are too cucked to go full NFL strike but seeing as the new policy wasn't stated in their contracts, they at least have the ability to cause some legal headaches if they want to.

Lawsuits over contract law and the 1st mend3ment are inbound. Should be fun to watch.

So much for le ebin peacemaker Blump.

Attached: 1IU7qIa.jpg (657x444, 72.56K)

Fucking right wing scum, classcucked sons of a whore shitted all over Brazil, so now the price of oil is escalating to ridiculous values.
And as per usual, fuck Israel and fuck Burgerland.

What did the President of the United States mean by this? You can tell he wrote it.

Attached: Dd92X2YVQAAR-k4.jpg (1545x2000, 416.29K)

Trump reads leftypol and was afraid of Kim's sellout so he canceled the meeting. Trump is comrade confirmed.

Now I finally see why Zig Forums voted for him.

How is Zig Forums reacting to Trump cancelling the meeting? I'm sure they're being neocons against communism. /zenpol/ on the other hand seems to be siding with the North surprisingly

Tomorrow Trump could dye his hair pink, announce he's trans, start wearing cat-eye glasses and declare "Open the borders, kill all white people, long live the Jews", and they would still support him.

Sure, but you assume the US wouldn't just launch a coup with the military (which as a side note is still under their command in wartime).

I'm waiting for Trump to say "Stalin did nothing wrong" because you know he can't resist strongmen. It would stir up so much shit the /b/tard in me would enjoy it.

He's already praised Kim Jong Un and China because of the Tiananmen incident.

Most pro war elements in the Korean establishment were purged along with Park, besides the nationalists want the US gone.

It's incredible watching the US war machine rage.

He sounds like such a insufferable cunt.

Its hilarious how everybody is reacting:
What shitshow.

Also, the motorcycle couriers and the uber drivers went on the strike in solidarity to the truck drivers, this is gonna be big.

Well, it's kinda hard of not doing it. You've seen what they are their demands? Sure MST is, trying, helping them and some unions are trying to help them, but their main representatives and union figures are asking for some very weird shit.

Tax cuts on Diesel and end of toll for empty trucks, there is something else? How is this weird?

So you missed them asking for the return of the military dictatorship? The extinction of toxicological exams?

Really? Who do that, one of their leaders or just a random truck driver?
And even if this is true, its dont constitute a lockout.

here, you are partially correct, its a misc of lockout and strike, and now we are heading to a general strike, the school vans drivers and some categories in small cities like the fishing boat drivers, farmers and the "community health agents" are stopping too.

Fuck, this was boosted my hopes, but seem like a "right wing strike" i dont even know that something like this was possible, whats come next? ancap revolution?

I messed up.
I am .

wtf