/land/

Is there anything redeemable in Nick Land's (early) work?

I read Kant, Capital, and the Prohibition of Incest a few year ago, and thought it was quite interesting, but I find it a bit odd that a lot of left-theorists (like Mark Fisher and Sadie Plant) lean on his work so heavily.

Attached: nicklando.jpg (588x741, 43.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

versobooks.com/blogs/3284-on-nick-land
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1
youtube.com/watch?v=N6GU19jyHeo
docs.google.com/document/d/1g6XaOX8RldHRg_JradONkS99oE6uC5dc9EuyOa5rips/edit
thedarkenlightenment.com/the-dark-enlightenment-by-nick-land/
prospectmagazine.co.uk/philosophy/nick-land-the-alt-writer
reddit.com/r/slatestarcodex/comments/7os7sa/anyone_familiar_with_nick_land_and_accelerationism/
jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/
sploid.gizmodo.com/blue-skies-in-china-can-only-appear-on-screens-because-1458359419
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They were part of the same research unit at the same university, with some of them being his students. His early work was very linked to an anticapitalist tradition, with his turn to the right being a somewhat recent affair that coincides with his mental breakdown. Now, as for what he truly wrote, I have no idea since I can't get an hold over one of his books and reading it online or in an e-reader is impossible for me.
Here, have a link on someone talking about him: versobooks.com/blogs/3284-on-nick-land

piggybacking the article linked. If you can, you should get the book they're discussing, General Intellects

Land's early stuff was pretty interesting however in the 90's he seemed to have discovered computers and cocaine. You can see this transition into insanity when you read Fanged Noumena, as it gets more insane as the times go on. Now his writing is just really fun. He's like the most cyberpunk philosopher. Some paragraphs i don't know what the fuck he talking about but man is it entertaining.

Attached: 00001.jpg (2040x2640, 880.16K)

Clinical schizophrenics are POWs from the future, user

His sci-fi writings are excellent as well actually.

Land is pretty fun. That is all he is. Fun.

Ive started reading him out of interest, was at first a bit weirded out and thought it was all just a nonsense but I didnt want to drop it just yet so I gave it a try a few more times and finally figured it out.
All of his points are really basic and you have probably heard all of his stuff already. Its just that Land picked this fun theme and is just saying it all over again but with a weird new language and theme.

All in all he is fun which is a hard thing to be lately but says nothing new.

your weak ass tendency is like little baby

Attached: 83988cccb225c048b170eb0d531fcd5a2350b85c499a4dc78525109a9dde539a.jpg (499x9428, 1.76M)

ITT: The incompetent admin of a failed imageboard returns to try and desperately shill his paramour to a disinterested audience for the billionth time.

Huh?

got any land pdf's lads?

Land is most definitely worth reading of only for entertainment value. If you don't know any Kant it'll be more of a challenge going through and there really isn't anything of his you can pick up by itself and say "ok I get it now." Read in-between the lines of his 50-word sentences and paragraphs and you'll have an easier time understanding. The word salad and rhetoric have a purpose. A lot of it is going to seem like nonsense, and I'm hesitant to blame it all on the drugs.

Ask no further

Attached: 6b9dcae0b199de0f262f226794bedc1a5bb65c4e202715e11dd8f8b7998a5dc3.png (600x570 295.49 KB, 83.92K)

auf mein gott thank u mein nazi brother

brave new world is a utopia and i'm gonna make it happen

Complete retard and emblematic of the type of edgy moron who turns into a right wing arsehole because of their personal life. He's just a run of the mill fascist - in fact, the only reason he says he's not a fascist is because "duh fascism is anti-capitalism". He's one of the main thinkers of the neo-fascist movement and proof that all alt-righters and Silicon Valley techbros - yes, all of them - must be "sorted out" before they fucking do it to us.

cease your faggotry

What even happened to reclusivechicken, he was pretty cool.

t. partisan ideologue

Attached: Introduction to economic cybernetics cropped.pdf (620x350 39.27 KB, 52.38K)

Attached: 21462975_1877442455606537_4914679979396544371_n.jpg (676x673 25.73 KB, 72.67K)

Besides Kant, what else should you have read before getting into Land?
t. total brainlet

Ideally Marx, Deleuze, Guattari.
Of course, to understand them you'd probably be better reading Hegel, Freud and Lacan, which ends up with you starting with the Greeks.
Decent guide from /lit/
docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/mobilebasic?pli=1

transhumanism is mental illness

Land is literally the opposite of a transhumanist.

Attached: decisions.jpg (710x473, 160.26K)

kek

the HBD tards actually hate gene therapy because it would take away their special snowflake cards

Saved

Attached: 4acb765d505c1dff589243b698cdd944127aa92e3d6082b1d83940215c3e98cc.png (774x631, 899.6K)

Thread theme : youtube.com/watch?v=N6GU19jyHeo

Attached: nick-land-'autist-becoming'.png (575x777, 595.94K)

This legit reads like it could make for a decent slam-poetry delivery.

Someone should take that "This is what cultural Marxism looks like" webm with Adorno's head on that dancer and replace his with Land's with a "This is what accelerationism looks like" instead. Sage.

Is he really a fascist? If yes, then what is the Deleuze-fascism descent's logic?

(nice trips)
What.

Attached: smash_that_mf_trigger_fam.png (246x200, 12.01K)

Fascism is collectivist so no

Is Land primitivist?

No, he's for machines overtaking humans and destroying them.

Sounds like transhumanism but without the idealism.

Unfortunately, some retard(s) completely vandalized the /lit/ Marx Google Docs :
docs.google.com/document/d/1g6XaOX8RldHRg_JradONkS99oE6uC5dc9EuyOa5rips/edit

It's more like transhumanism without the humanism tbqh.

is this really necessary?

Attached: 1527510333008.jpg (387x461, 19.54K)

It's a meme, but yeah.

proofs?

That user's wrong, it was amphetamines and terrible 90s dance music that did him in.

Yes

he's turning into a basic fascistoid esoteric mong with the regular incisive but petty culture criticisms

he's just kantbot with a career

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Attached: queer.jpg (1280x720, 74.58K)

Who's that? Looks like an Anton Lavey impersonator

reactionary guy who tried raising money to film a documentary "exposing" Anita Sarkeesian but was too incompetent to even deliver on that

Hello son, I know this
is (you) as well

We need to talk

Your ability to think is so garbage tier that the best thing you can do for the cause is go become a nazi and damage their cause instead of shitting up ours

You'll feel more at home there anyway, all you have to do is dismiss anything written by anyone you can find who has some association with jews or any leftist and you'll fit right in

You're welcome back once you've understood why this style of thinking is stupid and counterproductive

wat
i was the second comment
but not the first
and i never even looked at the stemlord thread
go be an internet detective somewhere else

Ok then, all 3 of you need to go become nazis

Attached: disdain for the mentally retarded.jpeg (1024x923, 155.94K)

Dont mind me lads just posting some links that I found related to Land's shit while reading that "#Accelerate" pdf. Sounds pretty fun how they describe it in the introduction.

versobooks.com/blogs/3284-on-nick-land

thedarkenlightenment.com/the-dark-enlightenment-by-nick-land/

prospectmagazine.co.uk/philosophy/nick-land-the-alt-writer

reddit.com/r/slatestarcodex/comments/7os7sa/anyone_familiar_with_nick_land_and_accelerationism/

jacobitemag.com/2017/05/25/a-quick-and-dirty-introduction-to-accelerationism/

Attached: 1481941005821.jpg (640x360, 32.69K)

The verso one is literally the first thing posted in this thread.

Where does that pic comes from? I like it and find it captivating.

>sploid.gizmodo.com/blue-skies-in-china-can-only-appear-on-screens-because-1458359419
China, where else?
I wonder what Baudrillard would say about current China.

quick rundown on whatever u/acc, l/acc, r/acc and #CaveTwitter is?

Are these lyrics from the new Deltron 3030 album?

He's talking about Nyx

Meme-rich thread. I wonder if Ray Kurzweil likes the late Nick. They'd go together fine.

Virilio doesn't get enough love on here, tbh

What would you recommend as a starting point? Speed and Politics?