What does Zig Forums think about him?

What does Zig Forums think about him?

Also, Mexican election thread (July 1)

20+10+50+15+5 equals a number

Attached: LENÍN MORENO SE REÚNE CON EL LÍDER MEXICANO LÓPEZ OBRADOR (36186836092) (cropped).jpg (2430x3013, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1RHKuS7vRIo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogotazo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMLO IS DEMSOC GANG
But yeah, it looks like he will actually fix shit: mostly because he cannot be bought and he cannot be shot.

Attached: 1519_amlo-y-jeremy-corbyn_620x350.jpg (620x350, 28.83K)

What's the source of AMLO anti-ballistic powers?

Kek, I mean if he was shot Mexico would go fucking revolutionary overnight so if I was a cartel wankstain or some oligarch i could keep him alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=1RHKuS7vRIo

Someone needs to edit that.

Oposición controlada.

Obrador es otra de las cabezas de la hidra. Si llega a la presidencia no habría ningún cambio sustancial en el país.

Hes aight but no way any radical change will happen, mexico is in an economic cage chained by the us. Im voting for him since shit is really bad right now though

This. I mean there's a regime change underway and that in itself is fascinating, never expected to see the PRI out within my lifetime (I know they said that in 2000… but it seems this time is for real), but let's not delude ourselves into thinking there will be any substantial difference with the US still being the main geopolitical superpower for the foreseeable future.

AMLO is Cardenist gang. Constructive radicalism!

Isn't there a deep state, with CIA etc. links, that will frustrate all his efforts?

Ya hicieron tratos con el.
Como en España en la transición , "todo quedara bien atado"

oh boy you don't know much about latam history do you?, this sort of thing has happened before, with the cia assasination plot and all, and it ends not with revolution but with a dictatorship
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogotazo

I mean i like him a lot hes a nice guy but his party is now full of corporate sellouts and opportunists sadly.

Alguien más que se diga de izquierda pero le dé hueva el nacionalismo chairo?

Attached: justjerks.gif (400x300, 1.21M)

he's bretty gud but he won't be able to fix shit. the government is terminally corrupted and in bed with the cartels to be fixed at this point.

The US fucking borders it. Revolution would be crushed almost instantly, and the alphabets are more than willing to aid and cooperate with the cartels to make it happen.

The US army is running out of material to make bombs with and yeah the US would probably try to clamp down on it hard, but they wouldn't be able to do it. At least depending on where the revolutionaries manage to take territory from.
Not to say that the US is utterly hopeless, but neither is Mexico in that situation. The US has issues containing the middle-east as is, and would probably be caught in some form of deadlock.

the US would rather Mexico be another Vietnam rather than risk leftism rise there. Then again, they have enough caves and mountains to hide in to pull off vietcong tactics.

The US wouldn't be able to risk a conventional military intervention, but it's more than capable of getting what it wants through illegitimate channels. Its imperialism is founded on media control, and no one outside of Mexico would have any idea what is really going on.

fuck no i don't want my country to be vietnam you little shit, the weather is horrible and we are already in a state of narco ancapistan in some southern areas. i'd rather take the socdem this time

Things are really getting hot now. Mexico is sitting on a barrel of powder, and if PRI and PAN should cheat AMLO once again to stay in power, it would all blow to hell.

I didn't say I wanted it to be, I said the US would rather have it be another one than have a strong leftist presence on their doorstep

that's literally the opposite of what happened last time.

you'd think that's the case but in the Mexican revolution the U.S. government's meddling backfired and was utterly pathetic. then again, the floundering Wilson was president and he was high on ideology.

Attached: Francisco_I_Madero-retouched.jpg (800x954, 134.55K)

woops

I imagine that some part of the American elite wasn't completely opposed to the anti-feudal, anti-slavery, anti-Catholic and pro-democratic aspects of the Mexican Revolution. However, all the talk about banning US foreign investment and the nationalization of US investors property didn't go over well in Washington.

Conozco varios asi, son de buena intencion pero estan demasiado fumados en ideologia que terminan de liberales

true, and in the long run mexico became even more firmly attached to the U.S.

Can anyone explain why the right wing evangelical party is in the coalition? Isn't that exactly one of the things that bit Dilma in the ass?

Social encounter are a non entity, Mexican coalitions tend to mean fuckall anyways.

No, just solid rocket booster fuel. But this can also be made domestically, and probably will be after Trump's tariffs happen. Defense contractors are big boys and salivate at the idea of cutting out their competition, hence why most American businesses have been quiet about AMLO: while many stand to get fucked many more stand to benefit since AMLO would essentially destroy NAFTA.

It would just be another Cristada. Factions would occur and America would likely sponsor a palace coup/crackdown by PRI which would result in a new civil war, a century after the last one happened. There'd be about a decade or so of intense violence followed by more PRI, since PRI has the most money as they do business with American companies.

For as defeatist as that is, AMLO's faction wouldn't go down without a fight even if he is outright assassinated. Mexico's central government already has problems enforcing basic tax and labor laws in the far north and south, and all the cartels would gain from secessionist governments that would legalize their business meanwhile American anchor babies can easily send guns and ammo south. So despite PRI's advantage they could easily be beaten back and would have to fight hard to regain power.

Which is another issue: for most of the twentieth century Mexico was an explicitly fascist regime. Not "fascist" in the "they built a pipeline over a native american burial ground" or "fascist" in the "they shortchanged employees" sense but in the mass lynchings, church bombings, and extralegal death squads sense. That was only forty years ago.