Lefty movies to play in public?

A social centre in the city center offered itself to host my collective to publicly play films and analyze them from a marxist perspective.
Tomorrow we are going to choose the film for the first projection, but i have no fucking idea what to propose.
I'd like something appealing also to people not already into lefty politics, i heard that zizek analyzed a lot of "pop" movies (maybe fight club can be an idea?) but i don't know him very much.
Until now the only proposed films were I, Daniel Blake (but maybe it can be a little bit heavy for n00bs) and The Working Class Goes to Heaven (which maybe is a bit too old-fashioned), but i'm open to every suggestion and grateful for it. Please link also a decent analysis of the film you suggest.

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (1200x630, 67.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oUMpPgMGCe8
youtu.be/gdtvyiHuTSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Boss Baby

Men in black 2

I realize that it's pride month, but there's no reason to be that fucking gay. Play Zuckerberg's Congressional testimony in its entirety with the theme to Time, Forward! looping in the background.

Attached: facts do not care about your feelings.jpg (960x952, 98.09K)

perhaps you should ask the /leftytrash/ thread
i don't know if they offer much to analyse but my ideas are:

battle of algiers,children of men, Z by costa gavras,blood for dracula(hilarious),battleship potemkin etc

Do not do this.

Blackula

Street Fighter the Movie

Food fight

Cars Life there's actually probably an anticapitalist take away from the existence of that movie

Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood

Triumph of the will

why not?

Just show a good movie don't try to show a leftist movie.

Green Room

1. Play Snowpiercer
2. the last 5 minutes will split up the crowd to revolutionaries and reformists
3. get caked in the shitstorm
???
4. communism

Because you come off as someone who is doing something he has no idea about. Maybe you need to into theory before you organize things you have no clue about?

The ending of Snowpiercer was liberal pandering nonsense

I'm already into theory (otherwise i will be bored af on leftypol), the problem is that i'm not very much into recent cinema, and i cannot play Eiseinstein if i want normal people not to leave after the first 5 minutes.
Also, if you don't trust me cause i don't talk like a critic when posting on a fucking imagrboard, i remember you that a collective is made by many people, and surely if there is a movie presenting a particular theme on which i'm not capable of doing a decent analisys someone else in the collective will be able to do it better.

unironically this

American Psycho is a good view into the capitalist psyche.

Great Dictator if you just want anti-fascism in general

Once wrote a Marxist analysis on Snowpiercer. Pretty decent kino, too

t. brainlet who can't into abstract thinking

The implication is that if polar bears were able to survive, other humans must have been able to survive as well. Polar bears are apex predators that require a healthy food-chain underneath them; any environment in which polar bears live humans can also live (even without modern tech; see the inuit). Essentially, the train was never necessary (or perhaps was only necessary for a short period in certain areas they went through).

The Working Class goes to Heaven

Its a great movie with a supreme atmosphere!

Attached: jvPm7bt.jpg (1280x720, 65.93K)

There was a meeting in my neighborhood just last night where we watched The Hey Arnold Movie which is all about big developing companies fucking over the poor and gentrifying communities. Seriousljub By Q

Thief
It's also an egoist film.

Attached: MV5BMmY4YmNiYzktMzA2Ni00OWQ3LWE1ZjEtMzcwMWI0Y2ViYjE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDIzNjU0NA@@._V1_.jpg (550x432, 61.41K)

100% this - it's ideological programming aimed at children and is known by many

Check my dubs
Also, here's an analysis by the director himself.

Attached: michael mann.png (654x154, 155.9K)

The Fall of Berlin
Pure kino.

The Chekist

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (257x475, 198.25K)

IRL, the Polar Bear would charge towards them and eat them

Attached: hu da fuc r u.jpg (480x360, 19.95K)

Predators IRL aren't hyperaggressive killing machines. You probably don't want to go pet it, but unless it's desperately hungry it's not gonna immediately charge a bunch of animals it has never seen before.
Besides, you're missing the point. The question isn't "hurr, how will the kids survive against this MONSTROUS KILLING MACHINE?!", it's "how the hell are there apex predators running around in a place everyone thought was uninhabitable?". The final scene shows that it was possible to survive the apocalypse without locking yourself in a fascist eternity train, thus disproving the dominant ideology.

play Reefer Madness

Show Simon Sez and coax the crowd into Basketball Juche.

Attached: simon sez.jpg (1024x691, 160.34K)

Play Escape from LA.

Attached: MV5BOWUzNTRmNTQtNWMwZS00MTg4LThhMDUtYmQ5OGQ5MmNmYzNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 17.91K)

spirited away

The Weather Underground

Attached: _qo_ZnNZn0IkDAruijMP46kuEawr67rajPHTrF5gm2g.png (1500x750, 81.61K)

New no one said They Live yet
Attack the Block, which is about how the cops dgaf about poor people and they need to defend themselves

The matrix

The big short

WallE

Fern gully

Joshua Oppenheimer's documentaries are always a great way to evoke some butthurt out of Cold Warrior types.

If you pull a artsy crowd and want to put on a shorts programlater on:

youtu.be/oUMpPgMGCe8
Babakiuaria is a mockumentary about if aborigines were the colonists and white Australians the natives. Pretty funny, good decolonisation Kino

youtu.be/gdtvyiHuTSo
Isle of Flowers
Very funny then very bitter. Excellent agitprop

That said, try to get the most diverse audience you can. We need everybody we can get to defeat porky