Suicide

Am I the only leftist who thinks the left has it wrong about suicide?

Yes there's been a huge spike in suicides in America in the past 20 years and everyone wants to blame it on capitalism and alienation. But if that's the case, how come millions of Haitians suffering under extreme poverty and exploitation aren't offing themselves? How come Palestinians trapped in Gaza who are facing genocide at the hands of Zionists aren't offing themselves? How come Puerto Ricans recovering from the devastation of a massive hurricane aren't offing themselves? Why no Bangladeshi or Indonesian suicides? See what I mean?

Suicide is for pussies and this should be the only logical or ethical position on the matter which leftists should take. None of this "reach out to your depressed friend" bullshit. It IS selfish. It IS being a pussy instead of taking life like a man.

Attached: BourdainInIran.jpg (400x225, 28.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PxmZOCFRbOA&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Suicide is non-issue. Life expectancy is the only thing that matters, and suicide, no matter what, contributes to it very minorly.

It is by no means is for pussies. It was a honourable death for the most part in all human cultures with the exception of certain Jewish desert cults, and I believe, it should again be acceptable part of human culture.

Proofs? Romans thought it was bad and so did most other pagans.

False. Aristotle was the first one to say suicide was bullshit.

Most cultures denounce suicide. Burger is lying.

Speaking as a genuine and totally not faling it leftist, I think suicide is not only a good thing for us, it is essential.

Why?

The capitalist superstructure isn't as strong in those countries as it is here. I'm pretty sure they have high suicide rates regardless, and suicide rate info is collected by the gov, burgers take for granted how strong their state is, most a lot of countries don't even bother reporting all their murders much less suicides.

Puerto Ricans are though.

Proof?

They don't, that's my point. If capitalism caused suicide you'd see plenty of instances of Gazans drowning themselves in the Mediterranean.

No. I am quite sure that suicide was, in fact, expected in certain situations to preserve honour in Roman and Greek societies, as well as Norse culture, and, well, everybody knows about Confucian cultures.

I am not saying that it was always deemed honourable, but, again, it was in some situations, and it was least bad choice in many others.

Take one, for example. If a remorseful criminal chooses to kill himself and is encouraged by society to do so, it would be a win-win.

Not really. If you look at the 20 countries with the highest suicide rate they aren't well off Western nations. They are mostly made up of postcolonial African nations, countries devastated by the collapse of the Soviet Union, and East Asian countries immiserated by the globalised market. So I'm not sure your assertion that suicide is some kind of symptom of Western fragility holds much water.

Also people aren't saying that increased social alienation and depression are caused by poor living conditions in the West. The deterritoralizing nature of commodity culture triggering a loss of meaning and belonging is what's driving these issues at the epicenter of capital. Many of the places that face the most brutal physical treatment from capital haven't had their communities completely recontexualized by the market yet.

OP

Attached: dadsgooglr.jpg (1024x768, 157.57K)

I totally agree,
we should all take life like a real man™! And you can start by taking your own as an example.

Attached: 1428465265134.jpg (340x480, 50.88K)

They stop looking for food and starve
They get shot or starve. 1/4th of gaza children express no way to live

That sure is going to help.

Also this

Fuck you nigger, I've bet you've never been or known anyone with depression. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain that can strike anyone at any moment, there's nothing you can do when your neurons decide they don't want to let you be happy anymore. Even millionaires with the best medications modern medicine can offer have trouble overcoming it. Come back to me when you have to deal with someone you love potentially off themselves at any moment and there's nothing you can do about it.

Where the hell did you get that idea, even Nero thought it was better to kill himself than face an angry populace and get dethroned.

[citation needed]

Attached: varg_STOP-.jpg (608x464, 107.71K)

How can I sage shitty threads like these?

write in all caps SAGE in the email field of your posting options
and welcome aboard;^)

While im not I am Puerto Rican and suicides have gone up a significan amount since Maria hit, I dont have any proofs with me since im on my phone right now I can say youre full of shit, and you should shut the fuck up since you don't know jack shit.

Please don't tell me you're one of those Sooky idiots who thinks Palestinians commit "suicide" by willingly participating in violent protests against the IOF knowing they're going to die. Islam prohibits all forms of suicide so why would an Islamic government tell its people to commit it de facto?

probably because dysentery is doing it for them you fucking idiot

Pick up a fucking history book you dimwit.

The option of a quick painless death is not available to them.

Or it could be because they don't hold a sense of entitlement like burgers do.

has more to do with inequality and high social/class expectations (materialistically or credentialistically)

Uh…yes? Isn't this blatantly obvious? It's not like the palestinian people are retarded - they know if they draw israeli aggro onto them there's a good chance of death.

Thanks for confirming the hasbara on this board.

the ABSOLUTE STATE of tanktards

Attached: antimage.jpg (518x449, 110.8K)

Palestinians aren't protesting in order to die. That's Zionist propaganda.

wew, watch Jim Profit and despook yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=PxmZOCFRbOA&t

Attached: 3455ea3c12eba008827f979c2ecb0ce933506fd61c23af57c9c6bb5f8729a9fc.png (646x438, 201.38K)

Almost all the countries with the highest suicide rates are in Asia, South America, or Africa. Also I imagine the extremely impoverished countries don't keep track of this stuff anywhere near as frequently or accurately.

Source?

Suicide is 100% compatible with leftism.