bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-44513368

The SocDem Candidate Lost
FARC has Disarmed and devolved into a SocDem Group that dropped out of the race
Colombia will soon join NATO
Its Over
For Now

Attached: 21111.jpg (660x371, 51.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-colombia-nato/colombia-to-be-natos-first-latin-american-global-partner-idUSKCN1IR0E8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh Wait scratch that Colombia DID just join NATO

reuters.com/article/us-colombia-nato/colombia-to-be-natos-first-latin-american-global-partner-idUSKCN1IR0E8

P R I V A T I Z E
R
I
V
A
T
I
Z
E

This is why Cuba did nothing wrong.

So what will happen? Will they privatize a bunch of shit and fuck people over with austerity, or will the US throw endless amounts of money at the government in order for them to maintain popular support?

Thats Literally what the Colombian gov has been doing most of History and it always seems to work out fine for them

It works because they leech off of Venezuela via smuggling bolivars and food across the border

Was Petro decent anyway? I thought he ran as a demsoc basically.

Well, that changes nothing, really. FARC was simply holding out the inevitable defeat. At least the right moved slightly to the centre.

Duque wants to destroy the peace deal and bring back crop spraying, which will destroy what's left of Colombian agriculture for good.

The Colombian gov has worked with the US to slaughter trade unionists for over three decades now. Turns out that straight-up massacring opposition makes a faction win.

He was the most left-wing candidate since like 1992.

Nope. Duque is Uribe part II.

So now that FARC turned into a party do they have a decent program or is it Radical SocDem

At least AMLO is winning in Mexico

The peace deal is about to be voided. FARC will be banned again, and as an internationally-designated terrorist organization (still), they have no legal recourse at the UN or ICC. It's going to be open season for the paramilitaries.

At least they will fight again right

With what weapons? They participated in a UN-observed decommissioning.
With what funding? They have no state support, in spite of memes about PSUV supporting FARC (PSUV never have). They sold all of their coffee farms to Illy.
With what will? Their leadership still wants to honor the peace accord.

Well, F.

soon it farc won't matter, let me tell you why, first because the goverment is currently killing them, i think that up to this month 30 farc leaders die every month, this fits perfectly with the pattern of the peace process in the 80s, where the goverment joined with right wing militias to basically genocide the political branch of farc, and it will be the same today, they will try to kill them all like last time, in fact not only are they trying to kill them currently, but they are also trying to incriminate the upper echelon with charges of anything, they already did with one of them, second because duque has already expressed his desire to unify the courts in colombia, this will mean he will scrap the peace court created for dealing with farc, and he will replace it with a subservient one mostly in agreement with him, this will mean altering parts of the deal, with the hidden desire to basically put them in jail, in short what i'm saying is that everything is going to shit and it's going to get worse

Sence Columbia is in the Cool Kids Club (NATO) America will give them everything they want. America only fucks over puppets. And NATO isn’t for puppets. Once your in NATO America sees you as a fifty first state. Reminder Even Saudi Arabia hasn’t joined NATO.

Turkey is in nato.
?

Yep.

Not so fast FARC can still get weapons thru the black market and the ENL in Colombia is still an active guerrilla group.

Good FARC should have never become a SocDem party, they should have never stopped the war, NATO will never grant a membership to a country that has an active war in it's territory, look at Ukraine or Georgia for example.

Attached: 622959ec2a166ec9d8db52c9f189df96250b4fd7237fb8e0854f8bac159f3a85.jpg (300x329, 23.53K)

Good. More dead weight for America to carry.

Attached: shot0031.jpg (1280x720, 102.96K)

So why didn't they sell them F-35s if "America sees you as a fifty first state".

Of course because they invaded Syria but I'm just pointing out a exception.

And that’s why Burgerland has done jack shit when Turkey invaded American allies (Roja,va)

Thanks for the good news OP!
+1 upboat

i don't think you understand, there will be no more farc anymore

A new guerrilla group has to emerge and FARC could be reactivated as a guerrilla group if the peace deal is terminated or altered by the Colombian Government, Uribistas in Colombia are completely crazy and they will use right wing paramilitaries to eradicate FARC I have no doubt about it I think you are underestimating the situation this is like the 80' left wing genocide all over again.

yes this is the 80s genocide again, i agree, however only the party militants will get purged, every other ex soilder has a safe pension the state probably won't touch, every other source of funding will get cut, the amount of people fighting now is laughable, and they will only go down, we talking about a goverment willing to bankrupt the state to get rid of the left, farc can't fight that