Psychos in the System

For years I’ve been wondering how the Republican Party could be so cruel. But after watching a documentary on sociopaths and psychopaths it makes perfect sense. All this time I’ve been looking at these people from the perspective that they were ideologically enslaved or merely selfish (money). But that never explained their irrational hatred of colored folk, jews, gays, and having fun. From a profit standpoint it doesn’t make sense to keep weed illegal when you can legalize it and make a shit ton of money. But the thing is they just enjoy keeping “the masses” from enjoying what they do behind closed doors (drugs).

Leftists on this site focus on class warfare and rich vs poor but I think we need to start thinking about normal human vs psychopathic monster.

Do you think sociopaths/psychopaths thrive in reactionary power struggles?

Attached: 6720C0C3-95BB-43CB-BE76-382C3DA560C6.png (447x378, 11.3K)

You have reached the wrong conclusions. You can't seriously believe that the majority of people who hold actually reactionary opinions have some sort of pathology?

It's pretty simple, user. If you are sincere in your desire to understand the right, just try having a genuine, honest discussion with someone who advocates for those positions. Actually listen to what they are saying, and then try to empathise. Reformulate their arguments in your own words and ask them to confirm if you've got it correct. Then you'll understand.

Yes, but it's a bold leap from that to saying we're basically doing humans vs orcs but instead of orcs it's sociopaths
most are ideologically blind

You sound like a massive fag. I'll never understand the inability of americans to accept grey zones. Class conflict is black and white because we talk about material conditions everything else is not. Also why Republicans specifically? Personally I'm more scared of the techno positive dystopia in the minds of the younger generation of dems (I'm not american tho). I mean they are a bunch of fucking boomers at the end of the day, everytime you guys elect someone we suffer everywhere else.

This is beside the point tho. Why the fuck can't you accept that it's not that easy? If you are so smart and so better than them why you reason exactly like them

The hatred of the most dastardly reactionaries in America normally comes from an intense love of an idealized past state, or a big other.

Plenty of psychopaths become our dearest comrades.

There are more sociopaths in america for cultural reasons.

Not trying to be edgy, but is there anything inherently wrong about being a psychopath? Not their fault that they don't feel empathy or whatever. If they actually do shitty things, or are part of the bourgeoisie, then yeah they're bad, but is it possible to be deficient in empathy while being a good person?

Well, it is a mental disorder and should be treated psichologycally. It is not bad or good, just something that needs to be treated to assure the person lives a good live, and to ultimately be able to completely help him get rid of it

Executing people because of a their mental disorders, where have I heard this before?

Attached: t4.jpg (279x356, 23.18K)

I personally think psychopathy is a false/flawed diagnosis. "Empathy" is the humanist's last stand in their attempt to find some unifying trait among "real people".
There are "non psychopaths" that can kill millions of people and not regret it for purely ideological reasons.

t. psycho

Obviously saw that coming.

It might be the case some of them are, they comprise less than 1% of the world's population but they do exist. I think you'll find .pdf related handy.

A constant need for stimulation, lack of guilt or empathy, poor long-term planning skills. They make good footsoldiers if you can incentivize them properly, they don't give a shit about social consequences, so the best way to manipulate them is negative reinforcement: by forcefully taking away their physical possessions as punishment for fuckups. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) exists to treat this type of mental abnormality, as there is no medication for this.
t. senior psychology major specializing in abnormal psych

Nowhere did OP say he wants them executed.

Empathetic feelings evolved as a trait to increase survivability. We all know the american lolbertarian's cry of "being a self-made man" is absolute bullshit, as he relied on the altruism of others (mainly his parents) for his survival. Being empathetic helps the tribe hold together and prosper. Sociopaths and individuals don't last too well on their own outside civilization, save for a few minor exceptions. Humans aren't pack animals, sure, but they're not lone wolves, either. Empathy is an interesting trait, however, it seems to be most common in humans (that is afterall why lack of empathy is considered a disorder), regular animals tend to pop out kids, take care of them for awhile, then dump them off and disappear, all the while the seperated animals from their parents don't seem to mourn their disappearence.

Attached: vOL4VEb.gif (500x267, 757.15K)

The problem with this framework of evolutionary psychology is that it can (and is) being used to justify pretty much anything, including fucking over everybody within your tribe to get to breed with all them sexy ladies.
There's also that "empathy" would clearly be a massive disadvantage for a warrior.
Nah, what people identify as empathy is in fact solidarity.

I'm not sure it is something that can be treated. Low empathy is also a autism trait. The only emotion I am capable of feeling/recognizing is extreme fear. It doesn't mean I can't have intellectual empathy for people but I definitely can't feel anything.

No

Social conservative positions make sense. The argument against alcohol/marijuana can be made easily. Sexual liberation spreads STDs and dysfunctional families

Sociopathic traits are rewarded. You see this in both parties and in business, too. It's not just that they're sadists, but that the sadistic path offers the most reward for the least effort. You could do honest work, reject bribes, deliver services, etc. or you could make bribery legal and then protect monopolies so they don't have to be the best to be dominant. This lifestyle attracts people who never stop being attracted to the idea of more material shit. There really are a lot of people whose desire is friends, food, production, and a stable roof over their head. It's not always a sickness to want more, but to actively screw the rest of these people over in order to get more takes a special kind of rat.

Then the vermin congregate. There are rich people who don't end up total cunts, sure, but most of them shelter themselves from the real world and if they do see it they see it through charts and statistics made by other rich people. They genuinely don't know what's going on - so petit bourgeois and wannabe-rich folks (who hide their low power level) will have these little get togethers where they'll just shit on the poor. And it's their mindset.

cointelpro

Social conservatives can go suck it. Purveyors of spooks they are. You cant stop me.

Once you realise that motivated psychopaths will do anything to get in to positions of power, the more you don't want them anywhere near power. As long as government is focused on individual liberty, those same psychopaths won't be able to control your very life.

The way I see it is if psychopaths want to create value in the market, just let them as long as they aren't hurting others. Shady business practices? Boycott them to hell.
The point is that if they're creating value in the market, then it means that they're either directly or indirectly benefiting society.

Greed and envy are inherently part of human nature and Capitalism is really the only economic system that recognises that and essentially forces greedy people to give consumers what they want.