Since the domino effect is bullshit, how do Americans justify their government's involvement in Korea and Vietnam?

Since the domino effect is bullshit, how do Americans justify their government's involvement in Korea and Vietnam?

youtube.com/watch?v=KgcIgfRx-as
youtube.com/watch?v=2ItF6IrZLws

Attached: 8e9eb11534f387891b954d66bcd6a9fc.jpg (660x800, 426.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/pov/camden28/excerpt-from-the-trial/8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If NATO hadn't fucked everything up, we'd have world communism by now, so how's it bullshit?

They just ignore the whole period of French colonialism and the cancellation of the elections on reunification. This lets them hold the position that the Saigon regime were good boys who dindu nuffin and that the North were just ebil gommie bullies. They basically ignore the fact that the North was the only government with any credible claim to being the legitimate government of a truly independent Vietnamese state.

As a burger I can tell you that most people justify the Vietnam War as a war to prevent the South Vietnamese being oppressed by the North. The lack of knowledge in this shit county is pretty funny.

The frogs tricked us.

Attached: french-pepe.jpg (528x424, 42K)

I'm not a burger, but within the frame of the Cold War, the intervention was justified.

Both the USSR and the USA (but not based dialectical Maoist China) assumed that their chances was proportional to number of countries aligned both ideologically and politically to them, and vice versa. So it made sense to achieve it by any means necessary, within the frame allowed by relationship within the blocks and with the other superpower, and the USSR did the exact same thing in Afghanistan.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I think it's simpler than that. Vietnam was in actuality a big clusterfuck in Southeast Asia to basically kill as many yellow people as possible (spilled over into other countries). There wouldn't have been any immediate effect for the capitalist powers - in all likelihood the USA could have done nothing in Asia until it was time to fund the mujahedeen and done just as well in the Cold War, if not better. Aside from the standard grift of permanent war for the rulers, I get the sense that it really was just an excuse to kill some yellow people for the hell of it. A good number of American see no real problem with this, even among those who thought the war was a senseless waste of lives (usually in Burgerland the narrative is that the politicians stabbed the soldiers in the back and wouldn't allow Our Boys to win the war).

Reminder that when Uncle Ho was sworn in as President of Vietnam in 1945, his inauguration speech began:

Ho was promised by FDR that the US would not interfere with Vietnamese self determination, and would not permit their reannexation by France.

In Vietnam, as in just about every other country, Truman backed out of FDR'a promises and fucked us all.

Wasn't the usual MO? Bankers and oil?

heroin trade. they thought the KMT would build back up within the Golden Triangle region and try to take back mainland China. the CIA spent a lot of time dicking around down there well before the war started

you'll find the US military spends a lot of time and energy cleaning up after them. we're in Afghanistan due to similar circumstances

Didn't the USA get into World War 2 because of the Opium that the KMT had? War is a Racket talked about how it to create the military industrial complex.

Were can I find a documentary about the Vietnam war that is not just American propaganda?
Being searching for one for a long time

Attached: 10680344724_079ba8ef49_b.jpg (779x1024, 312.19K)

Defending vietnam against soviet imperialism.

But isn't this true, wouldn't they won have a total war, as the vietcong did?

Attached: kurtz-apocalypse-now.gif (500x309, 75.46K)

This is what Maoists actually believe

Korea has largely left the cultural conciousness and no one talks about it.

Vietnam however did strike America hard, and most Americans will admit there wasn't a real reason for Vietnam.

Didn't America straight up admit that the gulf of tonkin incident was a false flag?

The Ken Burns one on Netflix is probably the best I’ve seen. It gives the perspective of both sides, with interviews of PAVN and NLF veterans and civilians as well as American and South Vietnamese. It also doesn’t shy away from describing attrocities on both sides, including those committed by Americans. It still tries to spin the American position as the product of good intentions gone bad, but likewise it’s also sympathetic to the communist position.

tbh if you watch the Ken Burns series, you'll walk away knowing that Ho was the good guy

Good: Sending Boys to Die for Tin, Rubber and Oil

Sending Boys to Die for Tin, Rubber and Oil

ELIZABETH GOOD: So it was after that, that Bob seemed to get more concerned – all of us did – about this war in Vietnam and what was happening. And I still, even last Friday, I still tried to hang on to that theory that my boy died for his country.

But after Mr. Zinn was on the stand, and he spelled it out, "Tin, rubber and oil," that's when I broke down in court. That's when I broke down and I realized, you know, it was pretty stupid of us to have swallowed that business about America being over there to save South Vietnam from the Communists; and when we had permitted, as we say, Cuba, 90 miles from our shore, to be a Communist country.

pbs.org/pov/camden28/excerpt-from-the-trial/8/

its not though, america had to break its back stopping communism. if they didnt bomb korea, vietnam, cambodia, and laos back into the stone age, wed all be commies by now

This. Watch the Ken Burns one. Reminder that Trent Reznor also composed the score

Sounds Spooky

Domino Effect was just an excuse, the US could've come up with a million reasons to stop communism

They don't need to justify anything. America is the most powerful nation in the world. Especially when Donald Trump is in charge.

Burgers often don't read about what actually happened, they just go off feels. It's part of the military worship - our military couldn't possibly fail because it's the best and strongest, so it had to be those politicians holding us back with bad strategy (and to be fair the politicians were incompetent).

It does vary with who you talk to though. It's not like war is the most popular thing, and even many conservatives will tell you the war was stupid and shouldn't have happened. Around the time Bush Jr. decided to start another decades-long intervention, the propagandists had to build a narrative, and the narrative is that America couldn't win Vietnam because it wasn't mean enough, and that all the mean stuff Bush Jr. wanted (like say building a string of concentration camps and torture facilities) was a good thing unless you wanted to stab our boys in the back again like in Vietnam. I hope even the burgers realize this propaganda for what it is, and many do, but that is the narrative broadcast daily from Burgerland News Network your Freedom (tm) Station.

How many gigazizeks of ideology is this post on?

Attached: 2dgse0.jpg (494x417, 60.37K)

lmao

Fucking saved kek

10/10 troll

no one over here knows about it since it's impossible to paint the US as the "good guys" even with a cursory brief of the war, that and the US military performed like dogshit throughout the war, so it gets forgotten

The American education system's job is to teach bullshit.

What is one of the longest running scripted shows in tv history?

Attached: th(4).jpg (474x632, 76.06K)

Bland trash explicitly not about the war in any meaningful sense.

What and COD or the Hitler channel teaches you anything about WWII?

The less material(lies and propaganda)the west puts out on any war the better really.

Only vietnam movie i saw that i liked was Full Metal Jacket.

Basically I'm glad Korea never got the Spielberg treatment.

Honestly there was probably more to justify America being the “good guys” in Korea than in Vietnam, at least as far as the American public was concerned. In Vietnam they were initially fighting a domestic insurgency on behalf of a very obviously unpopular and inept government. The North itself was far less directly involved in the initial stages, so America was more obviously the aggressor here. In addition the counter-insurgency tactics they used involved systematic terrorization of the locals, which was less prominent in Korea since the occupation of the North was so short lived, and the fighting was mainly conventional. In Korea the North invaded the South, making them look like the aggressor, most Americans were just blissfully ignorant of the PRK and how the North was the closest thing to a legitimate government the Korean nation had.

Then why didn’t Thailand have a revolution?

It was actually about Vietnam, but set in Korea to make it more palatable.

You can do about the time and time to, go lose some of! You can only get the best one you have in… the absolute (is the same time)

You are a very very easy to me what you are gonna is, your time to do it, and then we can.

It's a bizarre question in that it assumes the people defending involvement in Korea and Vietnam are doing so with the knowledge that the domino effect is bullshit. Unless you've worded your question wrong, I don't really follow what point you're trying to make.

SIEG JVPITER

i really got nothing that hasn't been said before by everyone else here so OP enjoy these photos of women in the PLAF.

Attached: female-viet-cong-soldiers-27 (1)

It's still about geopolitical control regardless if Sovietism is a threat or not.

No they didn't.