Daily News Thread 7/5

An alleged white supremacist responsible for violence in Charlottesville reportedly works as a defense contractor with security clearance

An alleged white supremacist who was involved in the Unite the Right march in Charlottesville, Virginia last August reportedly has US government security clearance to do sensitive research for a defense contractor, according to a ProPublica and Frontline investigation.
pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/he-is-a-member-of-a-violent-white-supremacist-group-so-why-is-he-working-for-a-defense-contractor-with-a-security-clearance/

U.S. Sidelined as Five Powers Set to Give Iran New Assurance

Top diplomats from world powers will meet on Friday in a bid to defend their landmark nuclear deal with Iran from attack by President Donald Trump.
outline.com/CpaLnp

Ireland Set to Pass Bill Banning Goods from Israeli Settlements

A bill banning all goods from illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank is set to be approved by the Irish Parliament on July 11.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Ireland-Set-to-Pass-Bill-Banning-Goods-from-Israeli-Settlements-20180705-0007.html

Trump considered invading Venezuela at height of political crisis – reports

US President Donald Trump has allegedly contemplated a possibility of sending the American troops into Venezuela, according to AP. The US leader even repeatedly raised this issue with his top aides and Latin American leaders.
rt.com/usa/431723-trump-considered-venezuela-invasion/

India: Mob Lynchings Attributed to Fake News on Whatsapp

Following a spate of Fake news on Whatsapp, 18 people have been killed across India, in the states of Assam, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tripura and West Bengal.
telesurtv.net/english/news/India-Mob-Lynchings-Attributed-to-Fake-News-on-Whatsapp-20180704-0018.html

US border agents approached Canada fishermen in disputed waters

Canada is investigating incidents of US patrol boats straying into waters it claims as its own and approaching Canadian fishing vessels.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44718627

Teen Taken at U.S. Border Tells of ‘Icebox’ Cages With 60 Girls

A 15-year-old girl who was forcibly separated from her mother after fleeing to the U.S. from El Salvador described to a Washington State investigator how she was crammed into a windowless room with 60 other girls and deprived of proper sleep or food for three days.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-03/teen-taken-at-u-s-border-tells-of-icebox-cages-with-60-girls

Police have captured a woman who scaled the Statue of Liberty

Seven people were also arrested after hanging an "Abolish ICE" banner on the statue's pedestal, and the climber was reportedly part of this group.
businessinsider.com/woman-climbs-onto-base-of-statue-of-liberty-2018-7

Ryanair cabin crew announce European strike dates

Cabin crew at Ryanair based in Italy, Portugal, Spain and Belgium say they will strike in late July.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-44724052

‘Police brutality first hand’: Shocking Austin arrest video sparks internal review

The footage was captured outside Rain nightclub in downtown Austin, Texas on Wednesday by bystander Patrick King, who posted it online expressing his rage at the “beating”.
rt.com/usa/431773-austin-police-punch-casaday/

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (659x1200, 976.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

propublica.org/article/robert-rundo-denis-nikitin-hooligans-europe-hate-group
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/07/iran-threatens-close-strait-hormuz.html
thebaffler.com/your-sorry-ass/organizing-on-the-dl
nakedcapitalism.com/2018/07/links-7-5-18.html
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44733072
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/05/i-stopped-going-to-the-gym-because-of-trump-now-i-cant-open-jars
robesonian.com/top-stories/112360/tribal-council-walks-away-from-pact-with-acp/amp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Oglala_Nation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP/ED

American Hate Group Looks to Make Allies in Europe

Trips to Ukraine. Mixed martial arts events with a white supremacy flavor. California’s Rise Above Movement goes on the road.
propublica.org/article/robert-rundo-denis-nikitin-hooligans-europe-hate-group

Iran Threatens To Close the Strait of Hormuz

nakedcapitalism.com/2018/07/iran-threatens-close-strait-hormuz.html

Organizing on the DL

There are a lot of things you can do to fight ICE that would be less likely to expose you or your loved ones to surveillance.
thebaffler.com/your-sorry-ass/organizing-on-the-dl

Links 7/5/18

nakedcapitalism.com/2018/07/links-7-5-18.html

Why does he get the benefit of "alleged?"

I don't remember all those other guys who got doxxed being awarded the same benefit of the doubt.

Because the story is being published by Centrists.

If your not taking a self defense class, working out regularly, and own a gun in burgerstan, your putting yourself at risk.

lads I think the Hiberian conspiracy is 100% confirmed at this point. They're trying to discredit the jews to take over all their estates.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (501x677, 36.94K)

Well if it's real they're doing a terrible job

Attached: crowley-defeated-in-democratic-primary.jpg (618x410, 67.51K)

The world order is really resetting isn't it? The G6 continuing together on Iran, China striking up new deals with India, more open criticism of the EU and the EU itself building up its ability to function either independently or through partnering up with someone other than the USA.

What a strange time to be alive

Attached: brando.jpg (1440x900, 162.69K)

Attached: 1467946322869.jpg (348x46, 7.18K)

Wow who would
Have thought…

LMAO "Anti-Establishment" retards helping Literal EU / NATO Shock troops in Ukraine cuz they waved a Nazi flag once

We must critically support Trump's initiative to cripple or dissolve the WTO, NATO, NAFTA, OPEC and the G7.
I mean I feel bad for the Mexicans and so on but I wouldn't have dreamed of something like happening even if the US had somehow elected Chomsky.

Of course it is.

A strategic defeat, nothing more.

Attached: hibernians.jpg (334x204, 26.3K)

Scott Pruitt quits as head of US environment agency

Scandal-hit Scott Pruitt has resigned as head of the US Environmental Protection Agency.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44733072

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (660x371 639.07 KB, 332.46K)

NAZIS ARE COPS

Don't. Trump being President helped elect AMLO and give him such a massive mandate. He may have won regardless but probably not with such a huge majority.

And even if AMLO and his coalition could have won under a Hillary presidency, the coming clash of nationalisms between him and Trump wouldn't be as intense as it almost is certain to be.

Also ICE was started under Bush, Hillary voted to create it, and it started doing the child seperation shit and concentration camps under Obama, who himself deported more Mexicans than any other President (the first version of the Muslim ban Trump tried was also Obama-era legislation that almost passed)

Seriously, in the long run Trump being President will be better for literally all working people of every group, the whole "Yeah well you can AFFORD for Trump to be president but x nationality/minority/marginalized group WILL LITERALLY ALL DIE!" is a bullshit liberal myth that keeps being screamed so that the Left cede power back to neoliberal democrats

Attached: hazel.jpg (325x300, 23.76K)

All good points. I feel great now.

I'm starting to see liberals become much more warm about accepting shaming and otherwise being complete cuntbags to the right because of that.

I stopped going to the gym because of Trump. Now I can't open jars
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/05/i-stopped-going-to-the-gym-because-of-trump-now-i-cant-open-jars

Laura ingraham's will be done.

Attached: Inhrahmpruitt47.jpg (1017x442, 91.63K)

I guess it is easy to have this sort of view point if you are middle class and live in the suburbs. I've already lost my food stamps, and my tribe has already lost a lot of our land and rights to Washington since Trumps election.
Sure, I'm not going to die, but life sure is gonna suck for the foreseeable future. Its a huge burden to put on our nations most vulnerable groups.
I'm not saying Hillary would have made anything better, but hand-waving it off as if its an non issue is pissing me off. I can't agree that this is any way the best outcome as I watch my broken and destitue neighbors struggle even harder to make it through each day.

Your tribe? Get the fuck out of here. Which tribe?

Also nobody who uses it calls it food stamps they call it EBT because food stamps haven't been a thing since I don't even know.

You're a fucking liar. Show me your Indian membership card or whatever.

i think some retards refer to their family as "my tribe", a strange and phrase i find repulsive but one im guessing he's using.

I would've guessed he meant it in a "your vibe defines your tribe" kind of way but he also said:

I want to here this story. Do we have a real Lakota on Zig Forums ?

Then shut the fuck up. If you acknowledge that Hillary wouldn't have been any better but you still try to say that Trump is somehow worse and therefore we should all be ashamed that we didn't work harder to get Hillary elected (even though as you just said she wouldn't have been any better) you are the worst kind of liberal

Attached: eris 2.jpg (800x689, 75.92K)

I'm not showing you my BIA card. Why are we the only race of people that have to show an ID to prove who we are?
I am from the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina. The largest tribe east of the Mississippi river.
I am older than most people here. I remember when food stamps were these little slips of paper that came in something that looked like a checkbook, so that is probably why my terminology is different.
Nothing I said is false. There are real hardships being caused by the Trump admin. There really are many people out there suffering.

My objection is to our suffering being considered a non-issue, not that Hillary didn't get elected. Trump being the "best outcome" is just accelerationist garbage.

Ok more credible with more details. I can't disprove it so I'll assume you're not just LARPing.

First of all it doesn't change the fact that the farm bill hadn't even passed yet and the only one you have to blame for taking away your EBT is your shitty state government. I'm not from Mississippi so I have litteraly zero effect on that but you and your tribe do so why are you blaming us?

What's the low down on the losing land and rights part of your statement?

How would Hillary have helped your people?
Give me one way that she could have possibly done any better for you than Trump. The reality is probably that whatever has happened to you since Trump has been elected was going to happen anyway, and if nobody cares its because of the longstanding issue of white people in the USA not giving a shit about Natives, not because "Trump is mean" or whatever.

The Republicans were going to get congress even if Hillary was elected and the only two choices were her and Trump, you would have been fucked either way. People are actually organizing and Leftist ideas are actually becoming popular in the USA under Trump, which wouldn't have happened under Clinton, at least not to this extent, and that's a fucking fact.

If you want to go further try having an insurrection. Until then quit trying to leverage white guilt to make me feel bad for my indifference to someone who, as you yourself admitted, is no better than the Democrat.

Attached: the dillinger escape plan.jpg (639x426, 84.04K)

No huge story other than land that had been held in trust for us by the state for over 100 years being given to private companies and citizens so they can put, yet again, another pipeline through a predominantly native American area. The Lumber River, a cultural and natural resource, will probably get fucked by it.

I work at a grocery store. People still call it food stamps.

Remember how Hillary Clinton said she wished environmentalists would "get a life?" Yes please tell me more about how its specifically Trump and Republicans who are fucking you and not American capitalism as such

Attached: brando 3.jpg (1280x960, 174.2K)

Then they're old or retarded because that shit is a debit card now. You don't even have to use it on food if you have the cash EBT.

My food stamps were taken after trump became president, but before the farm bill. Its just regular NC Republicans being NC Republicans. They were too afraid to make this move until Trump became president.
Sorry, posted it here:
I'm not in Mississippi, but in NC. Sorry if my wording was weird.

Shut the FUCK up. You're going on about tangents that have nothing to do with what I said. "White guilt", fucking lol. Get a grip. I NEVER advocated for hillary. My hilliary comment was to show that no, I do not support her either. All I wanted to make clear was that yes, there are tons of vulnerable people whose lives have gotten much more miserable since Trumps election. I just wanted to point that out because I massively disaggresed with a post saying otherwise.

Sup, fellow NC user.

Attached: we are people that have turned out backs on society.png (174x425, 73.86K)

They would have gotten worse either way and if you agree with me that Hillary and the Dems are just as bad I'm honestly confused how you can't see that and why you're so mad at me

Capitalism has always been and always will be what is raping your people. The process of marginalizing and structurally oppressing Natives was started far before even that of black people because their existence obstructed the free movement of capital. Don't get mad at me if I'm not surprised that something which has been integral to American capitalism since the beginning isn't still going on and accelerating in late American capitalism.

Attached: fck 2.jpg (800x800, 108.37K)

Everyone calls it food stamps you fucking autist.

My bad. I just was reading too fast.

I get what you're saying but the republicans already controlled both houses of Congress anyways, Obama or Hillary couldn't have vetoed a state bill.

Ill tell you what my friend said before the election even started:

"I'm just trying to make it before Jeb Bush becomes president and takes away all the benefits."

It's just something in the air. America works on centrism now. The last time a president handed the office to a member of his party was the 80s.

Nigga I just said people who use it fucking retard. Not the fucking news articles. Pull me one state EBT page and show me where they call it food stamps.

Damn fag I guess if the state calls it ebt…

the only retard here is you for not being able to understand a colloquialism

Attached: whatever you say kid.jpg (625x548, 89.37K)

Sorry if I seemed hostile, and sorry for yelling at
I'm just one triggered bastard today.
I know shits fucked, and its certianty not the fault of anyone here. I've just seen the decay happen rapidly before my eyes and its putting me on edge.

That's fine comrade and perfectly understandable, we've all had our moments like this. Just don't make it let you take your eye off the ball

Attached: usa.png (827x605, 450.89K)

If that bitch can't make me rich then ain't no need in fuckin' with her
Turn around and fuck her sister
Heard that bitch, got EBT
Long Beach ain't seen shit like me

Swiftly 'bout to stick a sweet dick in your sweetheart
Then get some groceries off my geeker EBT card

Now shut up yah fucking hicks. Not talking to you native NC friend sorry for doubting you as well.

I perfectly understood dude. It was a specific line of enquiry directed at a specific poster but the rest of you kept replying. I've only heard right wingers call it food stamps where I'm from.

Nobpronlem at all
Once again sorry for doubting you. What's your take on Obama and how he handled the Dakota access pipeline and the bears ears thing?

It is just par for the course for this country. It confused me that corporations couldn't look at a piece of land and just let it be. Every inch has to be measured for its worth and then sold to the highest bidder. It didn't matter if it held some sort of signifgance, such as fresh water for all local people or a if it was a sacred forest, its going down.
These sort of actions is what ultimately caused me to read the bread book and start my journey into left wing politics.
I admit, I used to have some repungent beliefs. Just the usual "don't trust whitey" crap. But the more I read and the more I lurked, the more I realized that it was a system (capitalism) that was truly causing all the problems, not a race of people.
Liberation for me is no longer about having some shit ethnostate, but about liberating all working peoples.

I wad just reading this article: robesonian.com/top-stories/112360/tribal-council-walks-away-from-pact-with-acp/amp

Am I getting this right? They're only giving the tribe 1 million for the whole pipeline?

All the real money tends to be discussed in backroom deals nobody else gets to see.
Ever notice that republicans oddly LOVE to give federal recognition to tribes? There isn't a single native owned enterprise that doesn't have their tentacles all over it. Most tribal governments are corrupt as well and they have a long history of siding with the US and massacring their own people when they are threatened or don't get what they want.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Oglala_Nation is an example of that.
Sorry for the side rambling. Publically I suppose 1 million is the current number. But its secretly far more and some chairmen are about to get a lot richer.

Attached: b728deb393094b778eb975397216508e443a06bb53528d7428ae1b79d43dfab6.png (1071x714, 86.55K)

sorry if I appear completely retarded as im not american, but are tribes kinda independent from states ? I mean, can you sort out your police/justice yourself ? if so, is it out of the question to try organizing yourself to beat the ass of your corrupts fucks ?

They have nominal independence from states, but really that just means the government wipes its hands of responsibility for all the people languishing on reservations while reserving the right to interfere in anything that it doesn't like.

If you check out the article I posted:

Collins accused the council members of shunning the people when landowners were “attacked” by the state Legislature and the builders of the pipeline, which would carry natural gas from West Virginia to a point near Pembroke, who are using eminent domain to take land on which to build the pipeline

fuck off

Zig Forums was right

What president has done more against western imperialism than comrade Trump?

see

and>>2577356

Then fuck off back to Zig Forums

Got scammed? It's capitalism, don't be mad at me, if it wasn't by me, it would have been someone else. Got pimped? It's capitalism, don't be mad at me, if it wasn't by me, it would have been someone else. Got robbed? It's capitalism, don't be mad at me, if it wasn't by me, it would have been someone else. Be driven from your land? It's capitalism, don't be mad at me, if it wasn't by me, it would have been someone else… Just because you're dissociated enough from such harsh realities to be occupied instead with the timeless movement of capital, doesn't mean everyone else is.

You use what you claim to be the generative principle behind the man's hardship, and use that as means to show him his place; a subject of fatalism who should care about the politics that leads him and people like him to worry about where their next meal comes from in the same way you do; theoretically. It's a reasoning that is very similar to that used to justify Indian Removal; that it is simply the inevitability of history. That you genuinely don't understand how demeaning it is for people to be talked down to like this, regardless of whether you're correct or not, and that nobody corrected you on this -which this board is so quick to do when it concerns things like what meant Marx meant with value and price, or what Stirner meant with spooks- exemplifies how this board truly is Zig Forums, or /r9k/ for that matter, with a different theme. It's the same crowd with the same sort of >muh gorillion deaths >muh dropping kulaks from helicopters >muh gulag >muh oven >muh picture of some tyrant with a smug pepe hand, and the same lack of empathy.

Attached: yfw 2002.jpg (500x389, 26.31K)

Make a non-strawman argument at anytime

I mean, I get your point, but what is to be done? Its either reform or revolution, and reform as of late looks increasingly impossible.

Maybe you're right that the tone should be less fatalistic, and maybe we should try to console people for their situation, but the harsh reality is that these problems exist because of the fundamental distribution of power and wealth in our society,

The more pertinent question here is, what is to be done by you?
The harsh reality is that all will once be dust and bones. You know this, you can't do anything about it, yet you don't let it prevent you from aspiring to do something about a more particular and momentarily aspect of a world that is doomed to die. Similarly, the fundamental distribution of power and wealth in our society doesn't have to prevent you from alleviating ills that are particular and momentarily to it. If you let your identification of people's problems with this greater whole lead you to disregard them in their particularity, then your ideology is negating itself and you are in the process of becoming a cynical subject of Capital yourself. You become like a pimp who forces women into slavery because it's the name of the game, you become like the presidents who scattered the natives from their lands because their demise was inevitable in the progress of history, and so the people who have been subjected to such and the like hear the same master's voice when you address them as hopeless recipients of inevitability.

but this is a great thing, the sooner the US empire collapses the better and a hard landing is better than a soft landing

nonissue, nothing can or will be done about climate change, we're a decade or two too late for any type of reversal or significant change in outcome

I'll give you this one, but the supreme court is at the same time fairly restricted in that they can only judge cases brought to them and are a slow organization

What do retarded children have to do with supporting Hillary? Are saying the child wasn't aborted because Trump became president but if Hillary one it would have been aborted?

SHUT THE FUCK UP LIBERAL

Attached: roo.jpg (1724x1633 189.36 KB, 537.96K)