The second season of Netflix’s Dear White People: More of the same selfish, racial politics

wsws.org/en/articles/2018/07/04/dear-j04.html

By Nick Barrickman
4 July 2018

In an interview with ABC News, creator Justin Simien defined the concept behind his show as “really about being black. And it’s really about the fact that blackness sometimes feels like a constant response to white people. Like you’re always having to explain yourself.” Simien then described the show’s Ivy League setting as a “stand-in for America,” apparently without the slightest trace of irony.

Attached: iiniku desk.jpg (1024x684, 78.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dC_v5ik3to
youtube.com/watch?v=5dC_v5ik3to
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ahh, Marxist-Leninists. They love to overthink and over-write everything.
Baffling the bourgie college students with bullshit. Good fertalizer, bullshit, but such truck loads of it.

what, is reading too hard for you?

OP, i highly recommend you to don't waste time on american culture. this includes all music, films, tv series and books published by an american person in the last 150 years.
If you wish to maintain your sanity of course. Remember…there's a reason why all os this shit was illegal in USSR

If his other posts are anything to go by, yes.

I read everyday (books. Not the internet) and I've read a few WSWS articles and other ML magazines, and they go on and on and on. I think it's a tactic.
I don't care about some netflix series, why do they?

Harsh.
No Le Guin, eh? de Clerye?

Put yer 'stach back on

Also American leftists like Steinbeck or Hemingway.

That too!

Invisible Man is great too, but I can see why the ML would hate it.

Lmao what a fag

Attached: satan.png (656x240, 136.86K)

idpol is ignorant, short sighted and divisive. what else is new.

They're Trots

So you are the new "black flag" poster?

ƸЖƷ is a literal anarcho liberal roastie

Tbqh, I thought that that first season was fun.

Dear baboon peoples:
Bye-bye

TBH anytime i talk to people about this show they say it is supposed to be a spoof of idpol and your not supposed to take it seriously. I can't really see it. Am i just out of the loop.

I don't understand why anyone would watch this, even as a spoof, it seems devoid of redeemable value even as cheap entertainment

There aren't any others?

I am in no way a liberal. Those days are past. Foolishly believing in progressivism and even Chomsky's prodding to vote as far left as you can. Wont work.

Don't let the pavement hit your face too hard when you go down.

Attached: I don't think they're listening.jpg (998x562, 32.89K)

You would expect the rich, pale boys:^) to not hate their own, but alas…

Attached: k rape the commies - warfare strategy discussion.png (1772x2374, 1.57M)

Meanwhile Damnation which was about class warfare got cancelled after first season. It wasn't made by Netflix but they had it.

filtered

Holy shit I know that guy xD I've worked with him on my college campus handing out flyers and setting up meetings and shit. Pretty cool dude.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dC_v5ik3to

Attached: hqdefault (11)

The author I mean

youtube.com/watch?v=5dC_v5ik3to

The show is frankly far too unsubtle and far too full of idpol to even be remotely enjoyable.