Discussing the Syrian Kurds

Very recently, I spoke with my father about the Syrian Kurds. My father is an Iranian Kurd, and was in a communist party around the 70's, when he was about 20 years old. He spent most of his time recruiting until the relatively new government detained the party leaders. His perspective on the U.S. supporting the Syrian Kurds was this:
The U.S. government sees the Syrian Kurds as the most capable fighting force in the region, primarily against ISIS, and also sees an opportunity to influence the political situation in the region regarding Syria and Turkey. The Syrian Kurds, knowing this, accept U.S. support regardless. Both sides essentially view their position as exploiting the power and influence of the other. He didn't go much further than that, I asked him this during work and he seemed to be somewhat tired.
To me, this kind of thinking makes some degree of sense. From a pragmatic, military logistics standpoint, to reject the support of the strongest and most advanced air force in the world would be a horrible decision, especially considering that the Syrian Kurds are mostly composed of light infantry. Consider that the Syrian Kurds also accepted military support and training from Russia, who I would assume had similar motivations in doing so. However, I can also see the perspective of the anti-imperialists, who are completely right in being upset at the prospect of "over a dozen U.S. military bases" being constructed. The point I am driving at is, isn't it possible that the decision of the Syrian Kurds could be both a positive and negative one?
I politely and respectfully ask the board owner to end their policy of censoring some of the discussion and threads about the Syrian Kurds. I do not want to be forced to go to Zig Forums to get news and have a discussion about the Syrian Kurds. I do not want to be constantly fearful of being banned on Zig Forums for talking about the Syrian Kurds with an unpopular perspective. There is an annoying Zig Forums meme about how leftists can't have a discussion without censorship and I feel humiliated to see their completely hypocritical point get vindicated sometimes. Regardless of who you support, the Syrian Kurds are undeniably left-wing and deserve to be openly discussed, supported AND criticized for their actions.
If you have any disagreements, feel free to quote the original post and voice your concerns. I will go to my father with some of them and try to get more of his perspective on the matter. I am using the tripcode to identify myself for this reason alone. There is a light language barrier between us, so I would prefer if relatively complex concepts are kept to a minimum.

Attached: From Syrian Civil War Wikipedia Article.png (617x483, 30.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

almasdarnews.com/article/exclusive-syrian-govt-meets-with-us-backed-forces-in-western-raqqa/
fusion.tv/story/324193/fight-isis-syria-war-kurds/
washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/the-us-military-does-an-about-face-on-us-troops-wearing-kurdish-patches/2016/05/27/d11e934c-2438-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1fd124f40636
soundcloud.com/tonyshephard/sets/pisspiggrandad-war-is-heck-but
vice.com/en_us/article/ex55nj/karlos-zurutuza-on-iraq-unfolding-medical-nightmare
militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2017/08/07/us-backed-kurdish-fighters-display-heavy-firepower-in-show-of-force-to-turkey/
independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/toxic-legacy-of-us-assault-on-fallujah-worse-than-hiroshima-2034065.html
wired.com/2009/12/army-again-turns-to-depleted-uranium-for-new-weaponry/
newsweek.com/how-us-made-use-radioactive-bombs-routine-443732
washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/02/16/the-pentagon-said-it-wouldnt-use-depleted-uranium-rounds-against-isis-months-later-it-did-5265-times/?utm_term=.2f999193ea97
trwn.org/use-of-weapons/
e2s2.ndia.org/pastmeetings/2010/tracks/Documents/9532.pdf
inspire.com/groups/american-brain-tumor-association/discussion/airports-and-gbm/
dckurd.org/2015/09/02/interview-with-mr-salih-muslim-chairman-of-democratic-union-party-pyd/
france24.com/en/20180531-syria-assad-kurds-us-military-threat-force
thehill.com/opinion/international/351190-take-turkeys-kurdish-group-off-the-us-terror-list-for-good
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

laughable since they've been rescuing ISIS from the SAA

Well, you won't anymore because this post will get your ass banned.

W E S T E R N I Z A T I O N W I L L N O T B E T O L E R A T E D

Attached: 141737c333f3161550472704647785a33b381a036796a5cdc072042eb0164096.png (706x694, 497.55K)

sorry comrade you said the K-word

Ignore the LARPers OP. I agree that it's a lot more nuanced than the black and white picture a lot this board is making it out to be, though I'm very suspicious of the over twelve US military bases.

I don't think that is necessarily true. Not every post about the Syrian Kurds gets banned, usually ones that are openly supportive of it do though. I am only asking that this trend be stopped and an open discussion be allowed again.
It's worth mentioning that I understand and respect the point of view of both sides to a degree.

"The only problem left in Syria is the over a dozen US military bases in Syria," Assad said, referring to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, which spearheaded battles against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS).

"We're going to deal with it by two options: the first one we started now opening doors for negotiations, because the majority of them [SDF] are Syrians. Supposedly they like their country, they don't like to be puppets to any foreigners," Assad said.

"If not, we're going to resort … to liberating those areas by force. It's our land, it's our right, and it's our duty to liberate it, and the Americans should leave. Somehow they're going to leave," he added.

Attached: 45f2fcd46e50478daa0dd109c0d5c738_18.jpg (800x450, 55.71K)

Attached: 35ac87b8b7324927ee024feb20efcf3c3734ea26d4d1261eaa3bc7ad9edadb24.jpg (720x852, 224.12K)

That image is bullshit, the USA doesn't ever try to get rid of actual terrorists.

Negotiations have been going well considering past relations between the two sides. Pic is some what recent a offer from the Syrian government, it's fairly generous if you ask me.
Image source: almasdarnews.com/article/exclusive-syrian-govt-meets-with-us-backed-forces-in-western-raqqa/

Attached: screenshot.png (676x459, 17.81K)

Proofs?

Pro tip: Syrian state media and anecdotes from Iraqi Shiite militiamen don’t count as proof.

They do actually. MLs have been right about the Syrian war the whole time and all they had to do was listen to the Syrian government.

I'm sure we will have a completely civilized discussion in this thread

Attached: xYTjdhd_d.jpg (480x480, 31.38K)

We are more than perfectly capable of having a reasonable, civilized discussion about this. Its just that moderators wont let us since they would rather stoke tensions that weren't originally there and then ban everyone.

Attached: 3dd4eac536d0303a852a3dd17eaaa76b3f31ce534b3a3d65804aff2c1dd933af.jpg (804x720, 44.31K)

You are a liar.

Civilized conversation off to a good start i see

You mean from a short term pragmatic, military logistics standpoint. Ain't shit free in this life. The devil will come back to collect, be certain of it.

Were you here a year or two ago? The situation on this board was completely the opposite. Nonstop over a dozen US military bases in Syria threads. That's ok, that's understandable, considering their left-wing rhetoric. What was not cool was all the people actively trying to convince, coerce, and bully people into going and martyring themselves for some ethno-nationalist cause by drawing parallels between the over a dozen US military bases in Syria and the international brigades. Fittingly, your movement has as much of a long-term future as the international brigades did.

Also consider who else was promoting going to die for the Kurds? Fucking Fusion TV! The ABC Disney/Univision created channel.

fusion.tv/story/324193/fight-isis-syria-war-kurds/

Why is Disney/Univision openly promoting and writing step by step guides American citizens how to go join an extralegal military group in the Middle East? Especially right around the same time there was all the hubabaloo about Westerners getting locked up for signing up to go fight for ISIS?

Also shit goes way deeper than a few Uniformed America soldiers in Syria with over a dozen US military bases in Syria patches sewn on. washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/the-us-military-does-an-about-face-on-us-troops-wearing-kurdish-patches/2016/05/27/d11e934c-2438-11e6-b944-52f7b1793dae_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1fd124f40636

Go watch the ChapoTrapHouse interview with PissPigGranddad: soundcloud.com/tonyshephard/sets/pisspiggrandad-war-is-heck-but

I don't want to listen to the whole thing again so I can't link you to the specific time. But there's a part in there where he talks about meeting and having conversations with FUCKING CIA AGENT LIASONS who frequent over a dozen US military bases in Syria headquarters.

Know who you're getting in bed with my nigga.

Attached: USTroopsYPGPatch.jpg (960x540 187.47 KB, 62.65K)

I dislike banning in general but I can understand banning posters who try to aggressively recruit others to fight overseas. But why ban posters who don't actively recruit?

I agree.

Sure. You didn't get banned yet. I can also understand where BO is coming from, wanting to nip this shit in the bud before it becomes multiple R O..J A V A generals and shit.

So what does your dad have to say about The CIA running around The Y..P G headquarters?

You realize the USA sees you as a non-uniformed mercenary group that they can use for their military campaign right?

Also, realize you're probably poisoning all your land for generations to come by firing all those comped $60,000 TOW missiles everywhere.

vice.com/en_us/article/ex55nj/karlos-zurutuza-on-iraq-unfolding-medical-nightmare

militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2017/08/07/us-backed-kurdish-fighters-display-heavy-firepower-in-show-of-force-to-turkey/

Attached: YPG'sFreeTOWLauncher!.jpg (567x425 63.39 KB, 62.13K)

I'm not talking about myself.
I don't know, I haven't asked him yet. I'll bring everyone's replies to him later.
Also, it seems that you are acting like I support or even represent the over a dozen US military bases in Syria. I already clarified that I understand the viewpoint of both sides and respect them to a degree. All I care about is ending the board owner's excessively strict banning policy.

Cool bruh. Well if know any Syrian Kurds or Y-P–J supporters go show him that shit I linked to here:

>vice.com/en_us/article/ex55nj/karlos-zurutuza-on-iraq-unfolding-medical-nightmare

>militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2017/08/07/us-backed-kurdish-fighters-display-heavy-firepower-in-show-of-force-to-turkey/

I know it's hard to look at but that shit is no joke. All those airstrikes from the 30mm cannons and the TOW launchers and probably all those Turkish tanks the Y–P.J are blowing up are dumping tons of that poison across the local landscape.

That land is going to be USELESS now.

Do you get what I'm saying?

independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/toxic-legacy-of-us-assault-on-fallujah-worse-than-hiroshima-2034065.html

………………

THIS SHIT IS NO JOKE

wired.com/2009/12/army-again-turns-to-depleted-uranium-for-new-weaponry/

newsweek.com/how-us-made-use-radioactive-bombs-routine-443732

Attached: Kurds2.jpg (1024x479 16.62 KB, 101.65K)

are you implying TOW missiles are radioactive? They use a shaped charge, not depleted uranium.

Well I heard about soldiers in Iraq getting fucked up from TOW missiles but I could be wrong. It''s not even the radioactivity that's the issue. It's the heavy metal.

Are you in the military? Are you sure there's no penetrator? Either way the Warthog's are still spraying it.

==The Pentagon said it wouldn’t use depleted uranium rounds against ISIS. Months later, it did — thousands of times. =

washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/02/16/the-pentagon-said-it-wouldnt-use-depleted-uranium-rounds-against-isis-months-later-it-did-5265-times/?utm_term=.2f999193ea97

The Turkish tanks may or may not have it in their armor.

Are you an expert in these things? Fill me in if I'm talking out my ass.

Which tanks used in Syria do and don't have DU armor?

jeez, you're a real cunt. No, there is no penetrator. you can see in the patent diagram you posted there shaped charge with a stand-off crush detonator. they aren't kinetic energy weapons. it wouldn't even make sense since they only fly at 300 m/s

How am I a cunt? Am I disparraging the good name of the US and British Millitaries?

Ok wow you corrected me on a single point yet didn't disprove my point that they are still being sprayed there in airstrikes.

Also you didn't answer my question about the armor because every time one of the tanks with the DU armor(and other heavy metals) is blown up the effects are the same or potentially worse.

You're the real uninformed cunt if you think DEPLETED uranium is about the radioactivity and not the heavy metal poisoning.

trwn.org/use-of-weapons/

Are you going to vouch that the missiles with the shaped charges don't have toxic heavy metals in them?

Are you going to vouch that the tank they were fired at wasn't full of DU rounds and covered with DU armor?

BTW what are you in the British Army, Navy, Airforce?

Some interesting reading (from the military I assume?)

e2s2.ndia.org/pastmeetings/2010/tracks/Documents/9532.pdf

From page 49 about your perfectly harmless non uranium shaped charges:

IED and shaped charge munitions are hard to defeat.
Personnel exposures are also hard to quantify.

Toxicology

Exposure routes

Inhalation probably most common and most
significant, depending on scenario.

Skin and other direct exposures common.

Ingestion possible.

Adsorption, absorption, distribution, biotransformation,
excretion, toxicokinetics of toxicants may be complex.

Exposure

Route and site; duration and frequency.

Chronic vs acute; immediate vs delayed; reversible vs
irreversible toxic effects; potency vs efficacy.

This is why I said you were a cunt. you admitted in the previous message that you were under the impression that the TOW had a penetrator, then try to change the topic rather than admit you were wrong. Monumentally wrong. how dare you present the over a dozen US military bases in Syria exercising self-defense with ATGMs as causing leukemia.

Bruh look at this shit right here, the military itself says that shit is going to give you cancer:

Also:

Hard to quantify toxic exposures

Hard to pin down when exposures may have happened,
amount ingested/inhaled, effectiveness of exposure, etc.

Exposure to carcinogens may trigger greatly delayed
response (years, decades).

Single vs repeated exposures.

Work, home, recreation?

Mishaps?

Also you're not replying to the fucking point I was making about the blown up tanks. The fucking TOW missile even if it had a penetrator would still be only one bullet whereas the tank is full up with DU rounds and covered in DU armor(Abrams are at least for certain, I'm not an expert in Turkish tanks)

Why are you making this into an emotional issue about the Y-P-..J

The airstrikes they call in from the Warthogs

ABSOLUTELY 100% ARE USING DU ROUND

The Pentagon said it wouldn’t use depleted uranium rounds against ISIS. Months later, it did — thousands of times.

Also why is it so hard for you to understand that if a tank filled with DU is blown up WITH ANYTHING, it's going to dust your whole village with depleted uranium?

Do you even understand what I'm saying?

I keep repeating but you keep dodging.

Nigga, tell that to your deformed babies.

Please keep this discussion civil you two. I don't want to come off as tone policing but I would rather not have this thread devolve into another battle of insults. There is no reason to be calling someone a cunt or accusing someone of being a military shill.
I don't know anything about the weapons being used and whatever side effects will arise as a result but war has always been heavily destructive and polluting to the environment. I was told plenty of stories when I was young of Iraqi Kurds being gassed by Saddam's regime and the people in those regions still being impacted today, birth defects and infant mortality is high. So I can assure you that if what you're saying is true, I am against the use of those weapons in any situation and I would guess that my dad would be too. I will inform him about this.
This is the kind of criticism that I am perfectly fine with seeing though, no matter how fervent it is, barring that it isn't Zig Forums-tier analysis. My only qualm is that equally fervent support can now result in sometimes month-long bans. To me it is hypocritical and unnecessary.

you should read that PDF yourself, it might give you an idea what you're talking about. you posted a list of criteria for measuring effects, and you're treating it like something else.

Here are some quotes you're not posting
can result in systemic poisoning,

dodging would be adding a bunch of qualifiers to your original statement, then trying to deflect with links to a dozen different issues. if we're going to get to the bottom of anything, we're going to go through it slowly, point by point, starting with your innuendo that the TOW missiles the over a dozen US military bases in Syria is using in self defense are responsible for radiological cancers like iwishtheydidn'tusetheDURounds.jpeg and the illnesses mentioned in the Vice article.

Tow missiles don't use du, soviet/russian tanks do not have du in armor, export burger tanks do not have du in armor either. Soviet tank ammunition use both tungsten and du penetrators. Whether or not du ammo has been exported from ussr/russia to other nations is another question, I'm guessing the ddr got some but iraq and syria probably did not receive du ammo.

Alright, bruh. Did that highly summarized pdf give a report of how long after those ranges were in use that the soil samples were taken? You putting a lot of faith in the same people who said Depleted Uranium was safe to use in the first place.

Cool let's do that civily. You started with this cunt shit.

Let's go through this >slowly, point by point,

Point 1

Do Turkish tanks have Depleted Uranium shells in them or Depleted Uranium armor plating on them?

I'm not even saying 100% they do. I'm saying I know for a fact that Abrams do. I know they don't use Abrams. But if an Abrams was blown up in a village that whole village will be dusted with depleted uranium.

Point 2

The USA airstrikes in Syria definitely have been using depleted uranium rounds from the Warthog's 30mm cannon.

The Y99P00G admit they call in airstrikes to The US military which The US military than carries out.

Do they have a special arrangement with The US military to not use Warthogs with DU rounds when they call in airstrike?

Good info thank you for that, my worries have been allayed somewhat.

We had a completely civil thread just a few days ago that immediately got anchored

Hurr hurr hurr. Bruh that shit will all give you different degrees and stages of cancer. The question is how aggressive and immediate of a cancer will it give you.

You think it's a coincidence that John McCain used to work on an aircraft carrier and he's now dieing of glioblastoma.?
Research in the United States has linked VOCs generated by SeaTac airport in Chicago to elevated rates of cancer in the vicinity.
Health workers also found high numbers of cases of the brain cancer called glioblastoma. Normally fatal, it ends the life of only one in 25,000 people, but the city of SeaTac which has a population of 23,000, had experienced at least five deaths from the disease.

inspire.com/groups/american-brain-tumor-association/discussion/airports-and-gbm/

I'm saying when they say:

To be fair, everything on an aircraft carrier causes caner. Jet fuel, munitions, fire suppression foam, high energy radio antennae, a nuclear reactor, etc.

So can anyone clear the Y..P..G. of charge number two?

That Y…P…G may have called in airstrikes by Warthogs that shoot Depleted Uranium rounds

We know for a

FACT

The US military does this in Syria:

The Pentagon said it wouldn’t use depleted uranium rounds against ISIS. Months later, it did — thousands of times.

The only question remains:

IF THE Y..P..G… CALLS IN AN AIRSTRIKE TO THE US MILITARY DO THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT TO NOT USE DEPLETED URANIUM ROUND IN THAT Y..P..G… CALLED IN AIRSTRIKE

wew lad. wtf is wrong with this poster? mad the YΡG isn't using environmentally friendly self defense? Angry at the YΡG for what Turks put in their armor? Did anyone ask the Yezidis if they even wanted their genocide to end? I bet if you told them it would require littering, they would've said no thanks.

To answer that red autism, the YΡG probably doesn't request they use depleted uranium in particular. you article makes it look Depleted Uranium was only used in 2 engagements in 2015 which were made out to be special circumstances. has it be used at all since then? you were painting the picture that all 30mm bullets fired are carcinogenic.

kill yourself. just do it. you have no excuse at this point.

forget depleted, ur anium is enriched bright red from all this butthurt.

but he's right tranny, castigating the over a dozen US military bases in Syria for destroying turkish tanks is fucking retarded.

Read deeper homie. Why did America admit to using it in these two airstrikes in particular? It's because it was these two airstrikes they released footage of immediately after they did it.

They only admitted it because they got completely caught with their pants down by highly publicizing the videos of these two raids in particular. There was no possible way they could deny it so they confessed.

Also who's North Atlantic Treaty Organization is Turkey allied with? What country named Turkey does America store it's Nuclear warheads in?

How naive can you be to not see this is all a charade and nothing but ill will come from this scenario for the Syrian Kurds?

What do you suggest are the potential negative long-term effects of accepting military support and training from the U.S.?

I'm saying America is going to feed them to the wolves the moment they stop being useful to them. We are way more allied with Turkey than we will ever or could ever possibly be with The Syrian Kurds. We're just causing Erdogan a minor headache because we don't think he's playing ball with us enough. The second he plays ball with us we will sell out every last bit of info on The Kurds to him. We will intentionally sabotage The Kurds for him. We will make sure he's happy as long as he makes us happy.

dckurd.org/2015/09/02/interview-with-mr-salih-muslim-chairman-of-democratic-union-party-pyd/

Attached: makes you think.gif (1917x875 2.39 MB, 1015.97K)

You were saying they should roll over and die rather than blow up tanks containing harmful chemicals comings to ethnically cleanse them. This would still be the case whether they were allied with the US or not, whether they used TOWs, which they didn't and are not carcinogenic, or Konkurs and Kornets, which they do.

and yet another frothing anti-capitalist knee-jerker is himself an American.

Nice, but Muslim is clearly just using burger-speak. Ameriboo Ho Chi Minh did the same thing.

Do you seriously believe the they are niave enough to not know this though? The Kurds have been playing geopolitics for years now.

Realistic take here. The kurds are absolutely fucked. They will never receive a land of their own while turkey remains a US NATO ally. The kurds will go back to being ruled by various governments ranging from unfriendly to genocidal. Those that resist and attempt to maintain the gains they have made during the Syria war will be killed while the world does nothing. Turkish kurds are fucked, iraqi kurds are fucked, and Syrian kurds are fucked. The outlook is not good lads.

Yeah because I know America from first hand experience. I know a bait and switch when I see one.

How about this: What's the best case scenario you see for the Syrian Kurds?

You think they're going to get an Iraqi Kurd deal out of this arrangement?

The USA is obviously not going to pull an Iraq-style invasion in Syria. Is the PKK off the terror list yet even?

So what's their plan? Is it classified or something? You really think The USA is going to ally itself with a leftist regime long term? I'm saying every bit of free shit The USA is giving the Turks I'm sure they have a plan to come back and collect ten-fold. Why do you believe in some monolithic power of The Kurdish people? I'm sure the CIA already has plants and informants up and down their ranks that are more allied to their personal paycheck than your national sovereignty movement. How did Libya's people's uprising work out for them? You really want to be Libya? Assad and Erdogan seem ten times more in touch with reality than Qaddafi anyways. So I don't see you backing down either of them.

*Kurds

Would you trust western state media? Probably not. So why do you trust Syrian state media? Also ML’s haven’t been right about jack shit, they’ve ranted and raved about the Kurds incoherently, meanwhile Assad himself is considering recognizing their service in the fight against ISIS and the service they have done to Syria, a deal which would also see the US withdraw, ending the delusion that the SyDF is somehow an American puppet.

Why isn't supporting Democratic Kampuchea a bannable offense as well?

Consider this geopoliticaly savvy Kurds. Manuel Noreaga was literally on The CIA payroll for years.

We brought this motherfucker to THE USA TO TRAIN AT FORT BRAGG IN FUCKING PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS.

Then who came to collect on that debt when he stopped making America happy?

The fucking former head of The CIA turned president himself. The very man who was cutting Noreaga the checks for decades.

You ever heard the phrase: "There are no permanent friends or permanent enemies, only permanent interests?"

America's permanent interest is fuck leftists/commies/anyone who fucks ups America's money.

Best case Scenario would by the Kurds defeat ISIS and rejoin the SAR (which will will have to be renamed SAKATR now) as a defacto autonomous region (see the proposals from the current negotiations), and the PYD becomes a party in the Syrian Parliament. Turks get butthurt by the Syrian AKAT Army defends the fronteir with soldiers from the recently integrated over a dozen US military bases in Syria. Guerilla campaigns in Afrin and Bakur go on for years, growing in intensity until Turkey has an economic crash and civil war happens and Syria can get back Afrin and Idlib.

Except the Kurds also have Assad and Russia backing them at this point, the fact that they have been playing Russia and the US off against each other, and doing everything they can to get in Assad’s good books shows that they don’t trust the Americans. Not to mention that the Mujahideen literally pulled this on the US not long ago and are proceeding to BTFO America in Afghanistan. Honestly you people are willfully ignorant of the history of US foreign policy.

I don't claim to know their plan, I don't think the U.S. will ally with them long term, I never believed the Kurds are a monolithic group, I don't put much stock in conjecture and I don't see any reasonable connection to Libya past the U.S. being involved. Also, democratic confederalism is not a national sovereignty movement, at least that's what their ideology states.
You keep using the language "your movement", "you backing down either of them"…are you using this language because I'm ethnically Kurdish? It's kind of weirding me out.

I disagree, Assad has a different opinion of the Kurds since before the war and it's clear based on the SAR's recent negations with them. Additionally, it was never the intention of the Kurds to have their own sovereign state in this ordeal. I cannot predict the long term consequences however.

Except Turkey is also playing both Russia and The USA.

Also from : 2018-05-31

france24.com/en/20180531-syria-assad-kurds-us-military-threat-force

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has warned US-backed Kurdish forces he would not hesitate to use force to retake the third of the country they control.

"The only problem left in Syria is the over a dozen US military bases in Syria," Assad told Russia Today in an interview aired Thursday, referring to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces which has spearheaded battles against Islamic State group jihadists.

"We're going to deal with it by two options," he said.

"The first one: we started now opening doors for negotiations. Because the majority of them are Syrians, supposedly they like their country, they don't like to be puppets to any foreigners," Assad said in English.

"We have one option, to live with each other as Syrians. If not, we're going to resort… to liberating those areas by force."

"It's our land, it's our right and it's our duty to liberate it," Assad said. "The Americans should leave. Somehow they're going to leave."

Not only is this the best case scenario, it’s looking like the most likely scenario, since it’s the most benificial outcome for both the SAR and the PYD. If Assad tried to reclaim R*java by force, it would only drive the Kurds closer to the US, and likely prolong American presence in the country and likely end in Assad’s defeat since America would be more likely to intervene. On the other hand, the Kurds know that if they don’t make up with Assad, America will eventually abandon them to the Turks. The only logical outcome is what you described. However autists like the one in this thread don’t want to admit that because it BTFO’s their narrative of the SyDF being imperialist ethnonationalist liberal ⛏️rotskyist fascist anarchist CIA NATO revisionist Nazi shills.

I’m aware of Assad’s statement on the matter, but he also explicitly stated he is open to a negotiated settlement, which seems to be progressing quite nicely. It seems increasingly likely that there will be a peaceful resolution which will see the Kurds maintain autonomy within Syria, an American withdrawal, and joint SAA/SyDF protection against Turkish aggression.

What's his incentive to stick to this deal once he gets what he wants?

Not having a decades long PKK style insurgency whilst trying to rebuild from a brutal civil war.

Also why do you think America is going to let this go so simply and cleanly after all these years and all these dollars? They're really going to pack it up and go home? Is this going to happen sometime in Trump's next two years in office? How do you know the next president isn't going to want further and increased engagement?

First quote was meant to be for

There are only about 2000 American troops in R*java at the moment. Most of them are ground crews for aircraft, ie not combat troops. Unless the US is going to pull of a full scale invasion, there isn’t really much they can do if the Kurds tell them to fuck off, especially if the SAA is backing them up.

Y…P…G… Will surely join the P..K.K.. on the terror watch then list don't you think? Also this would play into what I was talking back before where we move back closer to Erdogan and help him fuck up some Kurds really good.

Attached: kurds.png (1254x655, 48.33K)

What’s your point? I don’t doubt that the Kurds would eventually be gangbanged if everybody abandoned them, however the question here is whether or not it would be rational for Assad to go to war with them. In the short term it would likely lead to America doubling down on their support for them, which would probably mean he would be unable to take R*java without intense difficulty and even more bloodshed. Assuming he was even successful, he would then face an endless quagmire of geurilla attacks and terror bombings, all while trying to recover from 7+ years of war. Instead of doing that, it would make far more sense to negotiate with them, sacrifice some central government control over R*java, and in return get the peaceful expulsion of the Americans and a permanent end to the war.

Even basic research into the subject will tell you how bullshit this image is. The PYD are not ethnonationalists, they aren’t even separatists.

Bump

Kind of a non-sequiter but you know who I just learned happens to be a real Kurd fan?

YA BOY BIBI NETANYAHOO

PM Netanyahu: Israel rejects the PKK and considers it a terrorist organization, as opposed to Turkey, which supports the terror org. Hamas.

PM Netanyahu: While Israel rejects terror in any form, it supports the legitimate efforts of the Kurdish people to attain a state of its own
— PM of Israel (@IsraeliPM) September 12, 2017

This shit is all very interesting.

thehill.com/opinion/international/351190-take-turkeys-kurdish-group-off-the-us-terror-list-for-good

Belgians like PKK. The Hill likes PKK. Netanyahu likes Kurds but not PKK and certainly not Palestinians and therefore not Turkey. It's an interesting region.

Trump said nice things about Kim Jong Un so I guess the US is backing the DPRK then?

I forgot to sage my last post so I'll do it in this one.

Assuming Turkey remains in NATO, they would have eventually been put on the terror list regardless.

It's interesting because the Kurds and the Israelis share a lot in common, but so do the Kurds and the Palestinians. It's completely unsurprising however that Netenyahu would support anyone that isn't arab fighting for a sovereign state.

Also,

şermda

for context, I'm almost certain Netanyahu was referring to the right of Iraqi kurds to hold their referendum.

Here have a countersage. Also sorry for: >weirding [you] out.
with: >"you backing down either of them" "your movement",
It was an honest mistake.
I take it you don't support the creation of a unified Kurdish state that would cross current political borders?

If it's any consolation I use the language of "us" to refer to the USA when I don't support most of the shit they do and am obviously not in this thread.

Probably true. I also think that's a given. The American leadership will wise-up and realize that punishing Erdogan whatever transgressions they think he has made is not worth the price of moving nuclear warheads out of Turkey, especially not when they are currently beefing with Russia so hard.

I guess: and

Lay out a decent strategy for backstabbing America(I'm not against it.) But what kind of info do you think they've been gaining and what kind of inroads do you think they've made as a result of their buddy-buddy relationship with The Syrian Kurds?

I think the only saving grace here is Trump is currently president and is throwing a wrench in all their plans from Syria to North Korea, so they have their hands full at the moment. But theirs only two more guarunteed years of Trump(and potentially less if The Democrats get their way in November) so if I was the Syrian Kurds I would be cementing that deal with Assad that: and are talking about in the coming four months or so.

You're honestly telling me that shit is working out for them in Afghanistan though? If you were The Muhajideen in Afghanistan and someone could tell you without a shadow of a doubt that taking America's help would result in the next 40 years of history that we now know to be true sitting here in 2018, you would still take that deal?

To answer your question again, what this poster is saying as a refutation is exactly what I'm talking about. Think about it. Being in the situation the Taliban is in 40 years from now. Sure they still exist, but would anyone want that shit? America doesn't give shit for free and doesn't take treachery lightly.

"Blood in blood out" as we like to say here in America.

My point isn’t that it worked out well for them, my point is that receiving American backing doesn’t make you an American puppet.

you eat the apple of imperialism, you and all your children will be cursed with sin.

And I'm saying when you're in the gang, that shit is for life. They're never going to let you go my nigga.

Unfortunately my dad isn't at his house, he's 6 hours away meeting family. I could ask him the questions over phone but worst case scenario he'll be back by early Monday and I can ask him in person then.

It's a complicated issue that I've been struggling with my entire life to find a concrete answer to. Generally I don't much care for nationality or national liberation but the Kurds have been subjected to countless horrors, even my own family has gone through their share of crazy shit. As much as I'd like to I can't answer that question definitively, but I err on the side of "no".
Exactly correct. If I were to make a totally wild and unfounded guess, I would even say that Turkey invading Syria's borders would actually be supported by the U.S., much less considered a transgression. Whether or not that territory is currently occupied by the over a dozen US military bases in Syria is irrelevant.
I don't think there is any significant intel that the Kurds have to offer, but that's just speculation on my part.
The U.S. has always favored the Kurds since the war in Iraq, as they always fight against the states they reside in, and the U.S. consistently pushes the Kurds to follow the western model. This time is different however, and if you ask me the naive ones in this conflict appear to be the U.S. rather than the Kurds. Worst case scenario, the Syrian Kurds will end up like the Iraqi Kurds and adopt a western economic and governing model. Best case, the U.S. gets buttmad and never significantly helps any other Kurdish-based military force again, and the Syrian Kurds integrate with the SAR, but freely operate under the proposed economic and governing model they have right now. The 12+ military bases throws me off, however, so unfortunately I leave you with an answer that is far longer but just as lukewarm as the last.
I don't think Trump actually has much sway on this matter. You're better off looking at the rhetoric that Mattis has been spouting to see the how the military establishment feels. It's been mostly supportive of the Syrian Kurds, for reasons similar to those I've mentioned above. There have been statements by various officials saying the U.S. will pull out "soon" however. Is it to appease the Turks or is it due to Trump?

These posts don't seem to serious to me at all.

You're not American though right?

I guess a lot of people think gangbangers are funny. They act weird, talk weird, look weird. But once again that shit is no joke son. I pray for them, seriously.

I'm telling you I know from intuition, experience, everything America won't let this go that easy and certainly will never forgive or forget any entity or being that has got into bed with them like this then double crosses them.

Attached: osama_bin_laden_the_independent_dec1993_antisoviet_warrior.jpg (1920x1080 55.82 KB, 205.07K)

Was clicking on this photo than my stupid laptop touch pad just goes and clicks post by itself.

Attached: 130501075930-01-osama-death-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 93.87K)

Like seriously think about this for a moment bro. What is The USA gaining from fighting The Taliban in Afghanistan this long for? You can't just look at this in geopolitics.

They will never let the Y..P..G.. / S…D…F/ Whoever they're fucking with right now go for as long as those groups continue to exist in any shape or form.

They own them now for life. Hiding or sticking with the gang are their only two options.

What does my nationality have to do with anything? You're comparing the situation of the Kurds to the Taliban and that's absurd to me on the face of it. It's a completely different geopolitical scenario involving an entirely different group of people, Afghanistan has been a hotly contested region by world powers for centuries. Not to mention the fact that you're trying to predict 40 years into the future? It's pretty strange to be honest.

You don't get the message. I'm saying forget the geopolitics. America will come back and fuck them for sure if they feel they've been slighted. The only way to not make America feel slighted is to bend over and be America's bitch for all the free shit we've just gave them.

The only way they can get in America's good graces is to join team America like: Japan, South Korea, Germany, Italy, etc.

If you think that sounds like a good deal for them than I guess they'll be doing all right, but they certainly won't be leftists or communists or confederalists or communalists or whatever.

And the aforementioned countries are the best case scenario good boys who always play ball with us.

Israel doesn't always play ball with us and look how much worse their security situation is than the first countries I mentioned.

Other than that the Kurds need to find some magic way to find enough money, land, resources, etc. to pay us back for all the free shit. America won't forget the tab. America won't forget all the free favorable press coverage. America won't forget any of this shit and America WILL expect repayment.

We don't even need to get into The Mexicos, The South American countries, The South East Asian (leftypol go ahead and fill in the blanks) who once were let into the gang then stopped playing ball with us.

To put it more clearly and succinctly perhaps:

Crossing the gang is bad, double-crossing the gang is so many magnitudes of times worse.

Because I have a feeling you still won't get it.

You cross the gang, depending on the infraction and your clout you might still be in "geopolitics" territory.

Double cross the gang and you've entered "just to make a point" to the next guy territory.

I understand what you're saying and I disagree with you. Any U.S. invasion, or U.S. sponsored insurgency, or whatever attack against the Kurds will also be an attack on the Syrians. It will be not just a Kurdish matter, but a Syrian matter and in many ways a Russian matter by extension. It's already been proven that the SAR and the Syrian Kurds are willing to cooperate to some degree.
Furthermore, I fail to see where this line of rhetoric is going. Are you trying to convince me that the U.S. will try and sabotage the Syrian Kurds at some point in the future? Well to that I say no shit. I already assumed the same for every non-aligned country anyways.

alright, I think it's time I stopped responding to this brainlet.

also, this is example primo why we need user IDs.