Otto Warmbier's brain damage was caused by a suicide attempt

Otto Warmbier's brain damage was caused by a suicide attempt

Otto Warmbier may have attempted suicide while he was imprisoned in North Korea, according to a new report published on Wednesday. The 22-year-old Virginia University scholarship student was also never physically tortured by the North Korean authorities during his captivity in 2016 and 2017, the story claims. Writing in GQ Magazine, author Doug Bock Clark accuses President Trump of promoting the torture theory to justify his tough stance against Kim Jong-un, before stopping mentioning it after relations warmed prior to the Singapore summit.

However, Clark - who examined Warmbier's case over a six-month period - cites a pathology report that suggests the student was not subjected to physical torture. Dr Lakshmi Kode Sammarco found no significant scars, noting that the one on his foot was not indicative of torture, and found his teeth were 'natural and in good repair'. They could have been misaligned by an accident, this theory suggests.

She also found that Warmbier's brain had been damaged on both sides, indicating that it had been starved of oxygen rather than hurt by an impact to the head, which would only have only damaged part of the organ. Clark cites this report and the opinions of several experts to suggest that Warmbier became unconscious after some kind of accident, such as an allergic reaction.

The author then suggests the brain damage, which happened after Warmbier's sentencing, was caused by a suicide attempt that involved the student preventing himself from breathing.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5991443
gq.com/story/otto-warmbier-north-korea-american-hostage-true-story

Attached: warmbier.jpg (1920x1189, 307.27K)

Is it though?

it probably sucks, being secluded from everywhere, but I doubt it's hell-on-earth.

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 37.6K)

Torture is a nebulous word. He was almost certainly coerced into giving that animated and bizarre confession. Some of the Americans that have been arrested in the DPRK have surely been spies, but I highly doubt Warmbier was. The official narrative from the DPRK was too bizarre.
It seems that every so often the DPRK throws the book at some poor schmuck Americans who misbehaves in their country to try and prompt a diplomatic response and negotiations from the United States. Wambrier was just arrogant and unlucky.

This was my theory last time we talked about Warmbier back in may.

Attached: kim jong un at range.jpg (825x454 54.95 KB, 67.87K)

Considering North Korea is a third world nation that has been able to develop nuclear weapons, and all the western propaganda against it, I'm positive that her people live much better than they would under capitalism.
I do disagree with nepotism and their reformist ideology, but who am I to judge, they stand against US imperialist successfully.
Red Salute

Attached: hail the glorious revolution.jpg (320x240, 19.39K)

ooooohh shit they are not consumerist assholes like the rest of the world! The humanity!

Fuck off with your "Noble Savage" bullshit, I like having electricity.

Me too, actually.
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe being under constant threat and embargoes reduces a nations energy production?

Also what the fuck does that have to do with standing against imperialism?

Literally (you)

Attached: on_tankies_by_neetsfagging322297-dbaxs50 (1).png (888x444, 116.54K)

Ah yes, they are masochists who want to have fuel sanctions implemented upon them
DPRK has much better living conditions than capitalist countries with a similar GDP

Attached: hdi 1995.png (578x296 78.38 KB, 32.14K)

Roo was right again.

Attached: roo-lewd.png (487x316, 134.55K)

In a sense the entire world is at this point, though the western world is far more sophisticated in this endeavor due to access to far more advanced surveillance tech and social media like faceberg

DPRK citizens aren't savages, Americans are.

It was strongly suspected (actually it was the consensus among anyone who knew they’re heard from their ass) that he wasn’t beaten into a coma from the very beginning because North Korea has never beaten an America before. The new, crucial information that prompted this article afaik is the fact that he was admitted to the hospital with brain damage the same day that he was convicted and sentenced to 15 years of hard labor. Attempted suicide is a natural conclusion to draw.

So "there is no physical evidence Warmbier was physically tortured" is not the same as "There is evidence he wasn't tortured". Also, we see his brain damage indicates he was strangled or suffocated? We don't have any reason to believe this was or wasn't a suicide attempt. Finally, I don't believe North Korea has ever said Warmbier attempted suicide.

There is evidence he wasn’t tortured. One piece of evidence is this North Korea has held a number of American prisoners and none of them were tortured or beaten. Another is that North Korea treats their American prisoners comparatively excellent to other prisoners and from that (and other things) we can surmise that they don’t want to physically abuse them and that goes contrary to their motivations. And three, again, the circumstances surrounding his injury (that resulted in him immediately being admitted to a hospital and cared for adequately for a year) strongly suggest an serious accident.

Can't say I'm a fan of DPRK barracks communism but listening to Roo and honestly reading Zig Forums was showing me sides of the country that flat-out doesn't get reported, or casting doubt on bullshit stories that turn out to be bullshit (though you'll never see that get much attention).

Now just Coldjuice.

Attached: people of DPRK prefer their beer cold.png (1190x595, 993.12K)

That picture is fake.

Even if it were true, it's not an argument. They can't create energy out of thin air.

You know they can’t import fuel right.

Literally nobody is like this. Also “social justice democracy”? What is that? Do you know how to use words?

Feels bad man

His brain damage was caused by being American

No. It was jewish arrogance.

I'm still convinced he was already brain damaged and they merely just discovered it.

he wasn't a vegetable prior to his visit

says u

He deserved it. He actually deserved worse. He probably screamed in the camp as guards raped him. I hope they have a video of that and it gets leaked, would be so hot.

Tell me comrade, who has done you wrong?

Lets play "spot the contradiction".

Literally who "expert" spewing weasel words and horse shit for some editorial recognition. Nothing to see here.

Attached: 1200px-Phodopus_sungorus_-_Hamsterkraftwerk.jpg (1200x900, 252.91K)

Haven't they killed a few, though?

2 inches of fiery pain.

They hacked one to death with hatchets when he tried to cross the DMZ to cut down a tree planted by Kim Il-sung.

Wow, what a moron.

muh space photo