Stupid Map

I had this map in my textbook. Cuba is an "autocracy," while America is a "full democracy."

Attached: Screenshot_20190128-190959_Gallery.jpg (1080x580, 331.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polity_data_series
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anocracy
marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1918/prrk/
forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/01/29/where-global-corruption-is-rampant-infographic/amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Simply lol

haha what?

Burgerism not even once kiddos

Attached: 461.jpg (537x585, 195.07K)

I'm pretty sure it was done so the average person wouldnt look at the map and go "hmmm why are all the white countries the dark blue ones?"

Yeah. That's what's going through these people's minds when they're making this dumb map. They're really worried about people turning into redpilled race realists like you are.

North Korea, a multi-party democratic state under the leadership of the WPK with extensive democracy at all levels from the town to the Supreme Assembly, is an autocratic state, comrades. Today I learned

Attached: 985.png (644x591, 166.02K)

What color is Israel

I didn't mean it in that way.
I mean I think the map makers wanted to add some sort of fake plausible deniability incase someone asked "Why are the countries that are like yours the blue ones and the ones that aren't are the opposite color."

Israel spent some time as a shitty Belgium-tier democracy last century, but is now back to its rightful place as a true US-tier democracy.

Well, it didn't help.

Attached: ISR3.jpg (800x600 47.86 KB, 47.24K)

Why is Mongolia "full democracy"? Do they have a US military base there or something?
Praise Tengri btw

Attached: 1461415043767.png (600x850, 22.9K)

Where is that map from?

I know it was in your textbook, I mean who created it and is passing it around?

Probably preparing to "brodect dumbocracy :DD" when China will try to annex them.

what

Scope Haiti and Nicaragua.

Saved. Hard to find a better pic that could possibly highlight the sheer insanity of trying to classify forms of government. "Democracy" has no possible objective definition and autocracy is impossible. The categorization of states is always propaganda and nothing more.

That map is five years out of date, check the table for 2018 version.

what is this "textbook" for? are you wasting your money on a bachelors of arts?

shoo shoo coderfag, your job will be replaced by Indians before his is.

Because his will be protecting the status quo, just look at his textbook.

Only Switzerland is a "full democracy".

I like how Libya, Afghanistan, and Haiti compose 1/2 of the "failed/occupied" states on here.

you can clearly see how little research they did in some places, and just coloured countries however they felt like. Like, imagine you're the bloke who made this map: would you really label Nepal, a country that's been run by a Maoist coalition for the last 8 years as democratic? Also, most of central and eastern europe and central and south america are just coloured light blue because they just couldn't be fucked to actually read anything about any of these countres. Even by their own fucking standarts, how is there any difference between the "democraticness" of Bolivia, Nicaragua, Uruguay, Venezuela, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador and El Salvador?

America isnโ€™t a democracy though. It should be a purple color.
youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig

This book is for AP Human Geography. The name of the book is "The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography. "

You're an American high schooler right? Shit like this is why universal secondary education does way more harm than good. It's like 90% ideology.

No western country is a democracy, it cannot be stated enough for newcomers but bourgeois democracy =/= democracy.

I confirm, this map is bullshit.
Anyway, bourgeois "democracy" is not really democratic anyway, it's just a representative oligarchy.

Why haven't I heard of this word until now?
Damn burger education

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polity_data_series

Because it isn't a real word.

Attached: smugstirner.png (1464x1150, 332.02K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anocracy

>The operational definition of anocracy is extensively used by scholars Monty G. Marshall and Benjamin R. Cole at the Center for Systemic Peace and gains most of its dissemination through the polity data series.
It's a word they invented. It doesn't exist.

All academic terms are fucking invented you absolute dipshit.

Yeah I looked it up and I understand it.
Autocracy + Democracy = Anocracy. I'm just surpised I've never heard of it before. It just sounds like something some Think Tank would come up with to justify policies against governments it doesn't like

Obviously. I mean that the word is barely used outside of their circles. Google it and you end up back at this dumb map.

Why are Americans so stupid and why do other Americans fall for it?
There's never been a "full democracy" government anywhere in the world at any point in time. Even so, other countries' systems allow for more input from citizens so even by standards of this nebulous metric the US doesn't belong in the highest tier.

America has never been a democracy.
It's always been a polyarchy.
Never let them forget it,

Has there ever really been a pure democracy though?

Stirner chan is cute! CUTE!

No
marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1918/prrk/

Check this one out.
t. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡งForbes๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2019/01/29/where-global-corruption-is-rampant-infographic/amp

Attached: corruption.jpg (960x684, 79.76K)

What about this map here?

Attached: 2055 in the New America(2).jpg (1907x1623, 670.81K)

That means they surveyed the people in those countries and asked them how corrupt is their country.

The pic says
So it's not even that.

Bosnia is occupied under an illegitimate regime because it is rightful Serbian clay.

Attached: A571A2B8-6189-4CEF-AD9C-43F4B95C3AC7.mp4 (320x240, 11.06M)

Oh shit didn't even read that. "business people", did a 12yo make the map?

Bosnia is the Klingon Empire. No one knows what the fuck is going on there.

Only accurate part.

fucks sake

caca

Let me guess it was an American textbook.

Attached: 20190128_081920.jpg (500x707, 147.84K)

hm i wonder why ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธthat๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ happened

what is amazing is that Mongolia is apparently the same as the USA and Autralia.

Attached: LOL (2).jpg (500x277, 79.32K)

I know right, based Mongolia government by Mongolian People's Party, party of Josef Stalin and Khorloogiin Choibalsan is far more democratic than US, for it is a workers state!