Bullshit Jobs

reddit.com/r/AskMenOver30/comments/am2tbj/how_many_of_you_spend_most_of_your_day_at_work/

This thread hurts.

'I played 30 games of overwatch on Wednesday, sent 7 emails and reformatted 4 pages in a word document. All from my house and being paid stupid money. What is the point. I'm an IT product manager and get a boss who has no fucking clue what he’s doing so ignores me if everything is on the green or orange. The company outsources it all to a massive software house so I just talk to their product manager every few days.
It’s shitte, nothing more disheartening that hating what you do but not being able to move because of other responsibilities'

'Isolating is a good way to put it. Since I never worked with people (because I did no work in the first place) I also missed all the opportunities for bonding, team building, camaraderie, dicking off in meetings, after work drinks, etc.
Everyone thought I had a dream job but in reality it’s no fun to feel worthless. Even if you’re getting paid like you’re not, you still can be and then feel like it.'

'I do maybe a couple of hours of work a week and make 130k salaried as a project manager. I do listen to a lot of bullshit from customers and the guys I manage but for the most part, I do almost nothing. I have papers spread out on my desk at all times and my computer pulled up on the quarterly commission sheet just to look busy. But behind my cubicle and filing cabinets, I’m browsing reddit and buying shit on Amazon… I’m miserable tho.

Attached: MaduroTANS.png (998x576, 602.22K)

You are one of those that believe money is happiness aren't you? Also great duplicates negroid

good for them

I got bad news for you user.

Poor guys.

Being able to do shit I enjoy during free time is the only thing that makes my job tolerable what's wrong with these guys

I wish my job was more bullshit

You have the communist dream job and you're complaining?! 😱

This Reddit thread brought to you by The Daily Caller

Ted Kaczynski tier shit

sorry about the duplicates, my internet is shitty.

It's just interesting to see this kind of stuff out in the wild, and to see people engage with the idea that these jobs are stupid - when someone doing the job says it is, they understand and identify with them, though when Marx19Was69Right89 says it, it's beyond the pale.

Reminded me of a guy I watch on twitch insisting a physical labor day job would be better and healthier for him than his cushy 100k a year for vidya job, because "he'd get to exercise and get paid too".

Nigga the only thing a physical job is gonna give you is chronic back pain lmao, some people need to get a fucking grip.

Prostitution is rape

But yeah buy all the coke you want, better to have your money go towards cartels and your local drug dealers than corporations tbh

This. Not saying working at the docks haven't given me some useful skills and experiences (and a shit ton of exercise), but my back has never been the same and I literally risk life and limb every day I show up for work.
Meanwhile, the administration award themselves fat bonuses when we, the dock workers, are finished with a ship ahead of schedule

English speakers don't seem to understand there is a difference between rewarding work and hard work. They are so dogmatic about work (thanks in part to priests and pastors who have long entrenched aristocratic and bourgeoisie powers) that they unironically believe working their health into failure on menial repetitive tasks is a virtue.

Attached: 8622fdd45f9add9bc3a93edff5872213c43f10e0_hq.jpg (512x764, 51.5K)

read comrade Graeber

Jesus christ what an absolute idiot. Having a bullshit job that can be performed with minimal effort and oversight is the fucking dream as long as wage slavery exists. Learn to play an instrument, or wood carving, read more books. You want purpose and collaborative effort? Join a sports team, a party, a choir, help out at a homeless shelter, fucking anything.

Pearls to swine, I say. The amount of cool shit I could spend my time with if that was my life would be an absolute dream.

What a tragedy

These guys have such easy jobs that are borderline exploitation at best yet they still complain? Fuck do these people piss me off. If you want friends get a damn hobby and meet up with people about the hobby you stupid fuckers. Geez I can't handle the crazy levels of manbaby-ness that is acceptable today. Maybe it was always like that? I don't care; it is too tiring.
If these guys think there job is so terrible they can give it to me and we will split the wages. Imagine getting 65k a year for sitting at a desk? And you get to manage people? Practically a fucking dream, yet this asshole gets 130k and is still unhappy!

I just don't understand how so many people can stumble into high paying jobs while I'm perpetually stuck at the bottom. Is it because I'm ugly? Are employers like girls, who discriminate based on looks?

Attached: 1432950852286.png (608x715, 698.26K)

Yes. Studies have shown that beautiful people make more money than uggos.

what is your profession, baboon poster?

Good point. There's a huge difference between a slog and a challenge. Loads of busywork bullshit is soul-killing. Work that pushes your skills and ingenuity (which also happens to be the kind that solves real problems) is actually engaging and inherently rewarding (but you still should get compensated of course).

Imagine being such an alienated wage cuck that you have a work from home job that requires minimal work in a given week, but instead of using all that free time for anything you like, you chalk it up as job time and just spend it dicking around.

Professional menagerie manager. Sometimes those boons just get out though (sorry)

other than big eyes what's another objective definition of beauty?

Clean skin
Non-blocky head
Sharp features
Healthy fat distribution

You don't need objective beauty to show that "beautiful" people make more money. You just need some clearly established standard. Subjective or socially constructed beauty will do for this.

Idk, it seems to me it's just their position in power that makes them seem more important and "beautiful", a lot of rich people would probably look average if they were poor and no one cared about them.

These people are all working in programming and IT, so you can bet most of them are average-looking-at-best autists. All you need is a comp-sci degree from a good university.

protestant work ethic morals are the death of the anglo worker

This is sounding like me. Previously managing multiple complex software projects while contributing to architectural components. Now attend meetings with other mgrs, no decisions made other than another meeting is needed.

what?

This. Stalin got a bullshit job at an Observatory and spent all day reading Marx.

Do any of you 'bullshit jobs' fuckers want to switch places with me?

Fuck this sounds amazing. Anyone got advice on how to into bullshit jobs, what the best ones are, etc?

Attached: noegt.png (300x168, 55.1K)

I feel almost embarrassed. I work as a personal assistant to a disabled guy. When it's work it's hard work, but I mostly work night shifts where I'm basically just a night guard, so I have anywhere from 8 to 10 hours to just lay on the sofa and read books/watch films or do school work. It's also "rewarding" in a sense I know I'm at least doing a job that really needs to be done. The pay is shit, but that's the only kind of pay I've ever had.

Cherish your bullshit job.

Why?

No job is a bullshit job! Especially not federally-sanctioned three-letter agency jobs.

Personally, I am applying for every position available at the NSA and the FBI. These agencies have good men in blue working for them!