Title

Ryder Butler
Ryder Butler

Title: The Abolition of Work
Author: Bob Black
Topics: anti-work, critique, post-left, second wave
Source: Retrieved on February 12th, 2009 from www.primitivism.com

Attached: work.jpeg (101.02 KB, 600x750)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Elijah Powell
Elijah Powell

Post-leftists are annoying. And where, pray, might one find things like shelter and food? I'm don't want to live on the streets and eat from garbage cans.

Nolan Morris
Nolan Morris

Attached: blacknarc.gif (122.79 KB, 600x779)
Attached: snitch-0.jpg (38.76 KB, 480x374)
Attached: 9d5532fa13e6233439d6efee9c5c39fadd4e9840c66664e83d6fac248b807272.png (173.26 KB, 2688x2688)

Angel Parker
Angel Parker

What the fuck am i reading?
Who snitched on who? What's the context here?

Owen Lewis
Owen Lewis

Bob Black, leftier-than-thou "anarchist", snitched on fellow anarchists to the feds.
Is there anything more that needs to be known?

Carter Gonzalez
Carter Gonzalez

What a piece of shit.

Robert Bailey
Robert Bailey

I have yet to see someone articulate to me what 'anti-work' actually is

Nathaniel Foster
Nathaniel Foster

I imagine it to be an extreme anti-alienation stance, but really don't know.
Inexcusable.

Dylan Cook
Dylan Cook

"work" is demanded labour. Basically anti-work is an anti-productivist/industrialist stance. "take it easy" = work like 3 hours a day or whatever. Anarchist stuff.

Ryder Adams
Ryder Adams

read the 1844 manuscripts you looser

Jeremiah Cruz
Jeremiah Cruz

Petty bourgeois lifestylism

Jack King
Jack King

What is really the point of abolition of work?
Sit on your ass, collect welfare and wait for capitalism to crash?

Communism is about the ascension of labour. Anyone who does not labour does not eat.

Attached: 1394673275960.jpg (418.9 KB, 1389x944)

Parker Ward
Parker Ward

Don't conflate post-leftists and those of us who want to shorten the working day. 8 hour work day is obsolete. We could work 4-6 hours a day and be just as productive.

Owen Jones
Owen Jones

Productivity is not the goal, it's necessity within a planned, democratic economy. Emphasis on productivity is just a consumerist conspiracy isn't it? Post-scarcity is possible if we're not overproducting, and recycling.

Samuel Morris
Samuel Morris

labour is not the same thing as work, work is paid labour, exploited labour.

Julian Brown
Julian Brown

work is exploited labour

no its not

Andrew Cox
Andrew Cox

I think it comes from a confusion in translation. A lot of times when Marx uses “Aufheben” it is translated to “abolish”. For instance, in the German Ideology Marx says It is not a matter of freeing labour but rather of abolishing it.” But he uses the word Aufheben, which actually has a triple meaning.
Something is aufheben when it is superseded by something else. “Supersede” and “transcend” do not carry the same connotation however as “abolish,” in which the old is actually terminated and got rid of by that which supersedes it; “sublation” carries the connotation of “including” the old in the new, but is altogether too platonic and misses the sense of “abolish.”

So in other words, labor is not necessarily abolished but rather sublated in the Communist mode of production. The activity of work remains but no longer in its alienated form.

Attached: B9DF2146-4552-41BD-A9C8-D823A1413FCE.jpeg (19.67 KB, 200x252)

Michael Fisher
Michael Fisher

work is the exercise of your own exploitation you have to do to survive. We call the rest of our life our "free time". You can still put labour into free activities like video games or volunteering, but they don't carry the same materialistic properties as work does. Maybe I am mistaken. What is the definition of "work" and "labour"?

Charles Sullivan
Charles Sullivan

please learn words and not create your own definitions

Attached: labor.PNG (26.72 KB, 884x524)
Attached: work.PNG (23.71 KB, 978x528)

Jose White
Jose White

leftier-than-thou
Black and a few people around him back in the day are literally the post-left. wtf r u talking about?

snitched on fellow anarchists to the feds.
He snitched on a dope dealer afaik. Why should i shed a tear for them? Junk dealers get the bullet, too.

Liam Hernandez
Liam Hernandez

Why though? Many of them are addicts themselves, and they are making money while not contributing to capitalism. They may be lumpen, but that doesn't mean they should be killed. I know a former heroin dealer, and he went to jail, got clean, and now only sells weed and Adderall.

Additionally, opium=/=heroin. This letter makes it seem that he was cultivating primarily for personal use.

Gabriel Rogers
Gabriel Rogers

You can tell your boy is COINTELPRO when he has a witness protection program alias for a name and all his views sound like reactionary LEO caricatures of leftism.

Brandon Jones
Brandon Jones

Not bothering with this unless you upload .PDF here

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit