Gladio """Stay Behind""" Forces

This is a modest 1970-91 countervalue strike on a European NATO country, those white circles are the fireball radius and it doesn't show them all at the same time, some have dissipated.

Basically the UK would have been incinerated and this is just IRBMs/ICBMs and doesn't account for cruise missiles and bombs. Same as any "Gladio" country in Europe would be.

There would be nothing to 'stay behind' in Europe for because everyone would be dead. So what the fuck was Gladio really for?

Attached: Modest Cold War Countervalue Salvo 2.png (1083x816 440.01 KB, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/33687-solar-storm-cold-war-false-alarm.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4cnrE6OhvZg
youtube.com/watch?v=2114HzzR_7E
youtube.com/watch?v=bezVbPCK5Q8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident
wikileaks.org/trident-safety/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've read the book of pic related and the way I see it Gladio was mostly a tool for political turmoil, like Italy turning communist which causes a civil war, etc.

Attached: 319907912.jpg (1000x541, 69.44K)

Funny, I just watched the 2008 'Survivors'. Reminds me muchly of 'Threads', now that's some cracking viewing.

USSR had no first strike policy.

domestic use a la Italy

Who is it user?

Yeah but they thought that Able Archer '83 was a cover for a sneak nuclear attack on the USSR.

The Soviets literally had a massive program that translated from Russian into "Reagan's gonna nuke us during able archer" or something and they were on a hair-trigger alert as soon as they thought the sneak attack had begun. That meant if the big anti-ballistic missile Hen House radars the Soviets had went down suspiciously they could have blew their wad.

In '67 a Solar Flare knocked out all the NATO BMEWS radars in the northern hemisphere that could detect ICBMs and it was only pure luck that they had recently set up a group of scientists to monitor coronal mass ejections who prevented disaster:

space.com/33687-solar-storm-cold-war-false-alarm.html

Here's a bit in the doc on the "Man Who Saved The World" during the '83 scare which was really the most dangerous point in the cold war purely because of the amount of nuclear weapons deployed in the 80s.

29:03 youtube.com/watch?v=4cnrE6OhvZg

WW3 actually happened under the sea in 1968 though. Some rogue KGB retards hijacked a sub and fired a nuclear missile at Pearl Harbor that was a dud, an American attack submarine that was tailing it sunk it before it could reload another missile. The Soviets didn't know about the KGB scheme and just thought America was trying to sink and steal their ballistic missile sub tech and they retaliated by sinking a US attack sub off the Azores and a French and Israeli submarine in the Mediterranean, it was called off via the red phone.

Did you know I have autism btw?

In 1986 a Soviet Navaga submarine was on a nuclear deterrence patrol in the Atlantic, it had locked onto 16 of the highest populated cities in the United States with 16 x One-Megatonne warheads for each target per standard operating procedure.

A US Navy attack sub pulled some stupid maneuver when it was tailing it and sheared off the top of the missile hatches and started an electrical fire which actually started the launch sequence automatically. The mad lads on the Soviet sub went on a suicide mission to put out the fires, the skipper ordered them to force all the hatches open and to surface with smoke pouring out of them while the fucking USN attack sub was watching it. The Skipper of the US attack submarine loaded every torpedo tube and ordered to blow the thing up which would have megacheranobyl'd the eastern seaboard but he was overruled by his 2nd in command.

The Soviets managed to flood the missile compartments and put out the fire and stop the launch & end of the world. They then had to put out a reactor fire which they also suicide zerg rushed to put out - if they didn't, 16 megatonnes and a giant nuclear reactor would have exploded and killed millions of Americans with a fallout cloud.

Sub-surface cold-warfare is really 2spooky shit. Despite official claims, NATO and the Soviets used to ram and fire torpedoes at each others subs (not to hit but to scare them) all the time. A Soviet sub actually went brownwater and sailed all the way up through the lochs of Scotland and surfaced infront of HMNB Clyde where all the UK's nuclear deterrent subs were and surfaced. They went uptop drowning bottles of Vlodka firing torpedoes into the rocks and blared the Soviet anthem while the Royal Navy made this face and they left. It was a strange time. That's the more vanilla stuff that happened.

Attached: 972565239753907.png (225x225, 43.69K)

THE ABSOLUTE MAD MEN
AAAAAAAAAAA THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS

helo where is da proofs

80%

I'd like some sauces on the epic sub stuff if you could be so kind.

This is not how nuclear weapons work.
Depending on the design of the nuclear missiles it might have been possible that they'd launch and still not detonate cause the missiles themselves wouldn't be armed.

They did a BBC movie, Hostile Waters with a private screening for the Soviet survivors, the Soviet skipper sued the director for making him look incompetent (he didn't, he made the Americans look incompetent he was just scrooging) but the survivors didn't contest that detail of the missiles having INS coords programmed in and initiating a launch sequence in the missile bay.

Were the actual nuclear warheads armed? That would in fact be shockingly incompetent.

It's actually very very hard to detonate nuclear warheads and basically impossible to do it "on accident" unless you're Louis Slotin

I know the stuff about the nuclear warheads on the Ocean floor is legit, in something like a few hundred years pressure will cause them to detonate, creating a load of fallout in deep water currents. Ironically the explosion itself will have v little effect due to the pressure I only remember this from Life After People, great series you should all watch.

The arming process is to do with the missile being launched and the INS lat/long coordinates inside the missile being reached. Obviously you can't just set the coordinates to ownship and have it blow up as soon as it leaves the missile bay (although some people said this happened during the unauthorized launch in '68).

The coords are programmed in and the control surfaces steer them automatically towards those aimpoints. It was some nasty chain reaction caused by the fire and the electronics that was about to trigger the launch of the missiles and the INS guidance would have done the rest. "Arming" like a literal toggle switch that activates the fuze behind a red lid is what you get for nuclear gravity bombs. The arming on submarine-launched nuclear missiles is done by tapping in (or toggling in the older subs) the lat long numbers for each missile, pulling a trigger on a joystick which initiates the launch. If the missiles don't have the INS coords programmed in and there was a fire that triggered the launch which the joystick is supposed to start they would just go 'ballistic' and spin out, or go off in a random direction and not detonate.

Like if a nuclear cruise missile was shot down it wouldn't detonate and create a nuclear explosion because it hadn't reached the INS coords.

There was a Royal Navy sailor whistleblower a few years ago who admitted that the Vanguard trident SSBNs could be used by a terrorist/madman without even using arms. He said that someone could simply get RN fatigues, tailgate a group of sailors going into the sub and not get checked by security and the two-man rule was not observed in the launch room.

Anyone could have gone into the trident submarine, hit azimuth align on the Garmin GPS unit, typed in 144 x 9 sets of numbers, pulled the trigger on the joystick and hit 144 cities with 100kt re-entry vehicles and as the alarm sounded there would be nothing the retarded sailors could do as they rushed the room.

He said he did a test run to see how he could board a Vanguard when he wasn't listed on the complement and how he could stay in the launch room unobserved for enough time to launch an unauthorized strike.

Because it's not just about nuke war, but counterrevolution or some kind of low intensity war.

By the state that needed a wall to keep people in?

The US/NATO doctrine from the outset was "If you try and break through the Fulda Gap and take over Europe, we'll use nuclear weapons on you right away so don't try."

They didn't have the soft power to turn a NATO state into a Soviet ally by the time any of this Gladio stuff was going on. That ship sailed before WW2.

The story of Gladio was revealed by the Italian PM in 1992. It was in response to revelations that occured in 1990. NATO countries are run by shadow autocracies that control intelligence agencies that blackmail pedophiles in camerasnares and marshal them into politics and that's a known fact from the UK in Dolphin Square, Kincora, Jersey, etc and backs up The Finders CIA pedo ring investigation by D.C. Police in the US, the Dutroux affair and countless other corroborated accounts

MI5 factually, literally recessed cameras into kiddie-rape houses and put the footage in safety deposit boxes in highly secured banks and that's all on record.

youtube.com/watch?v=2114HzzR_7E
youtube.com/watch?v=bezVbPCK5Q8

Why would I trust a politician, which is synonymous with blackmailed pedophile puppet to me, on what 'Gladio' was?

Attached: 975307640864-84-.jpg (1274x3412, 1.75M)

It's Daniele Ganser, some historian who got ousted from university in Zurich because he was questioning the 9/11 narrative and has been triggering the libs ever since.

i want to believe but it all sounds like some Tom Clancy/Alex Jones"friend of a friend of a friend" said

fever dream

what?

What is the closest we got to legit nuclear war? Was there a point during which either their or our side genuinely thought ”this is it”? Since we seem to have a fair share of cold war history experts in here.

have my babies cold war user

The time the USSR almost accidently first strike'd because it thought it was being struck due to a high atmosphere cloud triggering the early warning sensors.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Soviet_nuclear_false_alarm_incident

Goddamn, America

Nah the yanks had nothing to do with the situation.

Although I don't doubt this shit could happen I'd like some sourcing on the following

As far as I know this isn't what happened though maybe I'm wrong.
This is very possible but a source would be welcome.
I really want to see the source on this to read more about it.

you mean this guy?
wikileaks.org/trident-safety/

I mean it sounds like they created the conditions for such a situation by aggressively prodding and poking the Soviets, flying bombers by their borders with the intention to provoke in an already volatile situation, based on the wiki article.

Oct. 28, 1962, Yomitan, Okinawa.

16 x MGM-13 Mace cruise missiles were given valid launch orders to strike the Soviet Union. 4 commanders per base. Guns were pulled and fights broke out to stop the launch.

That was really the closest we ever came.

The 1983 Stanislov Petrov incident was overblown, he got readings of 5 or so missiles only coming from the general area of one of many Minuteman and Titan complexes and no one actually believed the sneak attack would start with 5 missiles with a 30-minute time of arrival and not a synchronized all out strike.

The 1986 K-219 incident, if it went wrong would have been very bizarre because they were on the red phone and there wasn't confusion. If a bunch of US cities were nuked but they knew it was by accident due to the USS Augusta breaking radio silence to tell the Navy it was a fire in the Soviet SSBN, fuck knows what would have happened.

Maybe a literal nuclear exchange, as in the Soviets offering up cities of equal population/significance to equalize like the movie Fail Safe.

That would have been a weird timeline, probably a world ban on nuclear weapons and a voluntary collapse of the US and Soviet Union out of shame.

lmao

Ikr, wtf does that even mean? no country would collapse "out of shame"

High definition footage of New York and Moscow after being hit with thermonuclear warheads and all the pictures of burnt survivors and people dying in their millions with their hair falling out being skeletonized while Reagan and Gorbachev were in power would have had lynchmobs storming every nuclear missile base and there would have most certainly been a strange arrangement in the aftermath.

That wouldn't be shame tho, just the natural series of events on the case of an unexpected nuclear exchange.

outrage is more accurate

It would have been anywhere from 1 to 16 big cities blown up but Reagan would have survived

Gorbachev would be given a chance to evacuate Moscow if NY or DC was hit

It wouldn't have been like Threads because no military targets would have been struck and the deterrence patrols wouldn't be EMPing transistors causing comms chaos, just nuking cities. It would be an agreed retaliatory strike on the Soviet Union. Imagine Greenham Common on a global scale but instead of feminists making banshee noises it would be civilians storming every airbase and missile complex, probably killing every nuclear power plant worker too.