How would an "anti-racist" shooter be perceived in media and society?

In light of the recent self-proclaimed racist shooter, I'm curious how the media and society in general would respond to an "anti-racist" who used similar methods.

To be clear, this isn't a hypothetical situation of targeting the "alt-right" or proud boys or police (as we've seen how cop killers are treated in any large news source) or anything like that as centrists and liberals would still be rather quick to defend them. Nor is it to imply that this would be a good idea or effective in any capacity as a method for the left.

What I'm curious about is if there were a shooter who killed swastika-armband-wearing nazis, klansmen at a cross burning, or something like that. The sort of thing which even liberal media should be, at least as a matter of optics, very opposed to, and the sort of thing which even most alt-right people know they aren't *supposed* to voice support for.

Would it get the same sort of coverage? Would the right be willing to step in to vocally defend literal nazis or klansmen? Would liberals actually support violence like that?

Attached: SCAN0091.JPG (957x1374, 212.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Neo_Irakleio_Golden_Dawn_office_shooting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well there's the Golden Dawn shooting en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Neo_Irakleio_Golden_Dawn_office_shooting

wasnt the chris dorner incident close to something like this?

Dunno however the ones with capital want people to react. Media is the lowest rung of the propagandists after all.

The far right would absolutely defend them. They'd start with the "I don't support their views BUT…" and proclaim it as an attack on free speech.

Well, there were only two deaths which kind of explains the lack of media coverage, but maybe that's also what would happen if some random nazi hicks were killed in the US too.

My recollection is that he targeted police and (I think) prior coworkers that there were some personal issues with.

I also don't think police shootings are necessarily a good example. Liberals are more than happy to lick some boots. Even liberals, though, would have a hard time defending the KKK.

You have a point. In this case, arguably justified violence against a clearly oppressive group might make the case that retaliation is a valid strategy against other power structures, something those who fund the media wouldn't want.

The situation I'm imagining is, lets say, 50 klansmen in white hoods and robes shot during a cross burning. Something really tough to defend the "victims" of, even if the strategy could be argued.

the media closed the book on the vegas shooter pretty quietly, i wouldnt be surprised if they did the same for a lefty shooter

shooting bad killing bad hurr

not what i'm implying. what i'm suggesting is more that killing some bigoted hicks in indiana isn't really the sort of targeted violence which would actually make any difference in societal conditions.

which is why this is a hypothetical exercise of what the media would do - as that would have more potential for wider impact than killing a few fat white americans who think their beer gut is the pride of the white race.

Such killings would only be propaganda of the deed redeeming the cause of antifascism, redemption coming nearer the more fascists are slaughtered. The only reason why we're not slaughtering fascists by the millions is due to liberal laws against gun ownership and murder. The revolutionary nature of the killing of fascists will do much to inspire the masses, particularly if it is livestreamed. I hate to say it, but Brenton Tarrant's praxis for his reactionary cause was masterful. Don't kid yourself, the fash were utterly celebrating after the attacks and have grown more proud and confident. If it were legal like after a revolution, you absolutely should shoot fascists in the hundreds and livestream it to inspire us and induce terror in the reactionaries.

When it's legal, kill them, kill them in ever increasing amounts. Satisfy the honor of Stalin. Do not shed a tear.

the fringes of their political view would hold them as a folk hero. the mainstream would obfuscate the facts and use the tragedy to push an agenda.

Considering that the klan is basically a front for the FBI, you'd probably be charged with murdering federal agents.

That's what I addressed that in my post what am I missing. Under Empire all deaths are to be lamented because they do damage to the biopolitical tissue of the social organism despite different feelings from some individuals or groups

anti racist is a dog whistle for anti wh.ite

yes, kill all the whites, but it's just easiest to start with the worst ones

i remember seeing that phrase when i was 10 years old and being completely lost on what it meant, i'm mexican too so it makes sense, back when i read about the holocaust i thought Hitler killed the jews because he was a green mean old bean, then i learned it was for racial superiority and finally i realized through CLASS CONCIOUSNESS it was actually because of dying capitalism finding scapegoats.

pinche taco reggaton jajajajaa

And they say the right can't meme.

yeah, authorities don't care to solve it. that's hilarious. scumbag nazis whacked and cops do nothing.

Absolutely this.

I think it depends on what color the shooter is. If they're white they'd probably be a controversial folk hero. If they aren't they'd probably be demonized as a ruthless vigilante and commiefaggot who hates free speech.