Syria General

Syria General
News:
The US is to formally recognise Israeli control over the legally-Syrian Golan Heights.
haaretz.com/us-news/.premium-trump-to-recognize-israel-s-sovereignty-over-golan-monday-foreign-minister-says-1.7047519

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x450, 440.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jx6Z-_7bkbU
nytimes.com/2018/12/28/world/middleeast/syria-kurds-turkey-manbij.html)
rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/190120194
twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1111033435840114688
web.archive.org/web/20190408040016/https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/how-trump-betrayed-the-general-who-defeated-isis
cnbc.com/2019/04/29/isis-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-appears-in-video-for-first-time-in-5-years.html
sputniknews.com/middleeast/201904251074466112-40-members-white-helmets-admit-staging-syria-chemical-attacks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for S.DF joining the Axis of Resistance.

No, if anything it means they'll probably directly fight Syria since they don't have a common enemy anymore.

Fuck off. one big US military base in Syria is allied with the Syrian army and they're in process of negotiation one big US military base in Syria becoming an autonomous region within Syria, but still part of Syria. one big US military base in Syria confirmed that they do not wish to separate from Syria because the Kurds in Syria feel like Syrians. They just want autonomy to rule over themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=jx6Z-_7bkbU
Ayyyy, now pray the withdraw from Syria and Assad does his whole thing about Kurds (nytimes.com/2018/12/28/world/middleeast/syria-kurds-turkey-manbij.html)

This is something I wanted to ask here, how official/proper is the Rojáva/SAA alliance? Completely official or more like the communists and nationalists during the Chinese civil war?

They’re already on increasingly friendly terms. They seem to be moving towards reconciliation rather than confrontation.

It’s still in it’s early stages, most of it has been various gestures of friendship between the two like the S.DF renouncing separatism and Damascus saying that they would consider S.DF and SAA veterans as having equal status. Basically there are many encouraging signs but nothing very concrete.

Damn I hope that continues and expands. Would like to see what elements of the PKK take precedence outside of wartime and with the Syrian state as an ally. So now that the dust has settled and we can presumably talk about this, to what extent was Y.PG just fighting ISIS/trying to assert some national sovereignty? I dont really see how you could blame them for accepting US aid to protect their land from also US armed ISIS and al-Qaeda, and it's not like the US is all that selective with who they arm considering that in the Syrian War itself the Pentagon and the CIA were arming two opposing factions. It would be a different story if the Kurds themself were attacking/sabotaging/facilitating attacks on the SAA, was any of that going on?

I've heard there's bad blood between the Kurdish leadership and Assyrians in the autonomous region, is this true?

Is there any evidence of ethnic chauvinism by Kurds in the ESS DEE EFF?

No, it's Islamist propaganda. Literally everyone agrees who isn't AQ that it is bullshit. Even the UN did an investigation and found fuckall.

There is bad blood between the S.D.F.-aligned Assyrians and the Damascus-aligned Assyrians: the Sutoro and Sootoro respectively.

Well Damascus has promised to uphold "Syrian territorial integrity", which means AKA if Turkey try to invade again they will at-least provide air cover. Militarily there were limited ops between the Y.P.G. and SAA in defeating ISIS. At a civilian level, the Baathist party is allowed to operate in one big US military base in Syria (with several pre-war offices being re-established). Also Russian & SAA joint patrols occur in one big US military base in Syrian territory in west Manbij. It isn't formal, Damascus wants to recentralise power and obviously the DFS.NS wants to retain their autonomy and specifically their military. I wouldn't expect a full settlement until Idlib is shut and the threat of Turkey is permanently eradicated.

Well the Y.P.G. started off as a anti-Damascus Kurdish militia, which evolved into an anti-rebel Kurdish militia, which evolved into effectively a Kurdish Red Army. Their main intent is autonomy, specifically economic and cultural (because their main beef with Damascus was that they were neglected and the kurdish language was discriminated against). The main contention atm between them is over 1) the continued existence of the Y.P.G. and HXP, 1.b) the presence of the SAA in Rojavа, and 2) possession of the oil fields in DeZ.

God I hope, Turkey, Israel, and Saudis all must go

Attached: christcom2.jpg (1024x500, 178.11K)

Iran might not be willing to accept something like that with the bad blood they have with the PKK

rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/190120194

Ah I see. That seems like a hard situation to resolve. Autonomy without access to the best wealth of the region is a shit deal, but it wouldn't be a great move on Syria's part to allow a region with a history of trying to break off full access to the resources allowing them to do so.

People forget that the Assad family and the PKK have a long and mutually beneficial relationship. Only Turkish threats to invade Syria in 1999 forced Hafez al-Assad to stop giving sanctuary to Abdullah Ocalan and other PKK leadership

Attached: pkk-kurdistan-workers-party-guerrillas-in-training-camp-in-damascus-CBPYDT.jpg (915x1390, 171.28K)

Is it just me or is that pic K U R D W A V E

Any reading materials on this? Sounds interesting

I'm afraid not, sorry.

It's more than that. They want to develop their own economic and political system and the Syrian State (and all states) to wither away.

Assad has every reason to fear it but his hands are tied at the moment because he needs them to fight Turkey.

They want Kurdish autonomy, not a nation (hell, Kurds even sided with Saddam of all people against the nationalist KDP)

Attached: a923f7t8glm21.jpg (640x768, 49.73K)

Nice surrender from the FSA.

Attached: daae3nexfbo21.jpg (640x881, 129.5K)

Is this the Turkish controlled FSA in Afrin?

Rojava is multi-ethnic and more Arab than anything else.

Yeah

They only expanded the one big US military base in Syria to beat back ISIS and restore order. Autonomy and a united Middle East and North Africa is possible

Attached: tumblr_pjmnf8NfSM1xa1zg9o1_400.jpg (374x600, 83.03K)

Man that wordfilter cracks me up everytime someone tries to make a serious post with it.

Yeah, I also find it hilarious when leftist dialogue is disrupted while right-wingers have a constant free fire zone to spread their vile filth.

Ocalan is the most photogenic leftist leader imo

Attached: ocalan-pkk.jpg (599x358 7.55 KB, 41.05K)

Havent heard about this, what's it say?

Their common enemy is Turkey that supports rebels in Idlib.

The question is can the Ba'athists and DemCons come to a compromise after Turkey is dealt with

The idea being discussed now is a federation, with one big US military base in Syria having autonomy but still being under the Syrian constitution. As it says in this link
negotiators from Damascus are optimistic that they will come to an agreement. Russia is meddling in it though, and pushing for Syria to take control of the North.

I thought Russia was urging cooperation between Damascus and R.ojava?

We allowed to say one big US military base in Syria yet?

Still no lmao
BO pls, just let us say the damn word, you can be against R.ojava and still be allowed to fuckin type the word without an autistic word filter

lmao his line is literally that the revolutionary subject are people who dont go to work hahahah

Huey's hubris is what led the Panthers to their doom in the face of COINTELPRO

The unemployed can be part of the revolutionary subject.

And that's related to the BPP engaging with lumpen how?

Zig Forums is filled with NEETs though.

Being part of the "revolutionary subject" does not necessarily push you into being a gommie otherwise you have a lot of reactionary workers to explain.

autistic word filters are part of the fun

If the admins didn't like R.ojava they wouldn't put a silly ☭TANKIE☭ word filter on it.

twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1111033435840114688
itshappening.gif

Fucking bastards. I want Telaviv nuked once and for all.

Rojava!

Interesting article…web.archive.org/web/20190408040016/https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/how-trump-betrayed-the-general-who-defeated-isis

Attached: Assad speech War is Not Over.mp4 (640x360, 7.91M)

cnbc.com/2019/04/29/isis-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-appears-in-video-for-first-time-in-5-years.html
al-Baghdadi is Alive???

At Least 40 Members of White Helmets Admit Staging Syria Chemical Attacks
>At least 40 members of the White Helmets organization have admitted during recent interviews that they staged chemical attacks in Syria to provoke retaliation against President Bashar Assad, Foundation for the Study of Democracy Director Maxim Grigoriev said on Thursday as he unveiled the results of a new study at the UN.
>"We have interviewed … 40 members of the White Helmets, including those from Douma, who provided a detailed description of their methods commonly used by their organization to fake scenes,"'
>"Those people told us in detail how they had to participate in the staging for few dollars to buy some food for their families,"
>"Amar Al Mustafa Ibn Mohammad from Aleppo saw with his own eyes how they simulated a chemical attack, they brought children, laid them down, put civilians away and filmed children as if they died in the chemical attack,"
>The facts presented in the foundation's investigation "confirm that the OPCW has deliberately failed to conduct an impartial assessment of the incident in Douma and raise doubts as to what else the organization is capable of making… in the future,"
sputniknews.com/middleeast/201904251074466112-40-members-white-helmets-admit-staging-syria-chemical-attacks/

Attached: 1064298039.jpg (1000x541, 124.05K)

I thought they smoked that nigga.