ISRAELI ELECTIONS GENERAL /IEG/

Can't believe that there is no thread for this.As of this moment, Likud (Netanyahu's party) looks like the winner. He has promised to annex the west Bank if he wins this election. This would undoubtedly piss a lot of Palestinians, and we could see almost certainly see some sort of uprisings/Hamas attacks followed by Israeli operations in either Gaza or the West Bank.

theguardian.com/world/live/2019/apr/09/israel-election-2019-exit-polls-winner-netanyahu-benny-gantz-latest-live-news-vote-results-today

Attached: sbxeg4vid2921.jpg (809x1121 53.68 KB, 132.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/live/2019/apr/09/israel-election-2019-exit-polls-winner-netanyahu-benny-gantz-latest-live-news-vote-results-today?page=with:block-5cad54988f08bc7376aea2ab#block-5cad54988f08bc7376aea2ab
counterpunch.org/2017/06/05/the-six-day-war-and-israeli-lies-what-i-saw-at-the-cia/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Realistically speaking, what would have to happen for Israel to become Palestine again, if we accept that a two-state solution is officially dead? I mean, we can talk about international support via BDS and other mechanisms, but WHAT would have to happen for that kind of activism to show serious results to the point where the Palestinians are able to win physical (not just symbolic) victories for better conditions and power over Israel?

America and Saudi Arabia would need their own revolutions to allow the rest of the middle east to overthrow Israel.

Not a good sign if it takes events that big.

Wanted to add: I see the Palestinian issue as almost similar to the climate issue, in the sense that the world knows all these atrocities are going on to the point where an entire group of people are nearly going to be wiped out completely within a generation or two, yet no one can really do anything. The US isn't withdrawing its support anytime soon, and Israel isn't exactly on bad terms with China, India, or Russia (even if they may all agree with a two-state on the 67 border in theory). It just doesn't look good. I wish the Palestinians had a real meaningful way to resist but without a Soviet Union there to give them support I just can't imagine a scenario where they'd win on their own.

There would have to be a huge shift. All of that stuff never happen when you consider the backlash of annexing the West Bank from Hamas and the Palestinians. I mean, do we even know that Netanyahu would let the Palestinians in the West Bank have citizenship? Especially when he's said shit like pic.

Attached: 20190409_191518.jpg (828x1239, 417.56K)

OYYYYYYYY VEYYYYY

It would definitely trigger backlash, but what's the in-between points between "international condemnation" and "one democratic state of Palestine"? Sure, BDS has to be good for something, but how does that lead to a prairie fire?

Just a couple minutes ago, but Netanyahu and Gantz tied at 35 seats with 95% of the vote counted. How effectively would Likud be able to operate under a government that has only 1 member more than blue and white?

theguardian.com/world/live/2019/apr/09/israel-election-2019-exit-polls-winner-netanyahu-benny-gantz-latest-live-news-vote-results-today?page=with:block-5cad54988f08bc7376aea2ab#block-5cad54988f08bc7376aea2ab

Next "Nuremberg Trials" should resemble Killing Fields.

Likud will form a majority coalition. Even if Blue and White got one more seat than Likud they still won't be able to form a ruling coalition.

Because whoever could possibly win would still continue the inhuman Israeli apartheid ethnostate so what does it matter really?

Attached: Israel Jew Dj Smash-m zhelaem schastya vam.webm (360x360, 3.68M)

With who?

Yeah but annexing the West Bank would kick that shit into overdrive. It'd literally be the death of the two state solution, and that's been the goal for the last couple decades (at least officially). Honestly doing something like that might result in sanctions from other countries.

At least I'd hope :(

Sanctioning rogue states with nuclear weapons only happens if they are Communist.

Partially related, but does anyone have a good comeback for when people defend Israel annexing the Golan Heights by saying Israel offered to give it back several times?

I mean, yeah you could wait around for everyone to just say "fuck it, two states are dead, let's just all become Palestine again" but at what cost? I'm not saying I support two states, I'm just scared of the implications of "waiting until things become impossible", like how long and how many Palestinian deaths is that going to take?

Once America is isolated and crumbling the destruction of Israel should be priority #1 for all leftists. No more settler-colonialism. No more ethnostates.

Attached: israel democracy54.jpg (747x631, 59.68K)

Tell them:

Real talk: You honestly think a Jew will be swayed by logic, facts, conscience, or history?

See this post:

Do these seem like rational and ethical human beings?

Sort of related, if you feel like engaging in pointless internet battles with GXXXD'S chosen people, call them out on their Six Day War lie.

counterpunch.org/2017/06/05/the-six-day-war-and-israeli-lies-what-i-saw-at-the-cia/

As a junior analyst at the CIA, I helped to draft the report that described Israel’s attack against Egypt on the morning of June 5, 1967. There were sensitive communications intercepts that documented Israeli preparations for an attack, and no evidence of an Egyptian battle plan. The Israelis had been clamoring about indications of Egyptian preparations for an invasion, but we had no sign of Egyptian readiness in terms of its air or armored power. The assumption was that the Israelis were engaging in disinformation in order to gain U.S. support.

We were therefore shocked when President Johnson’s national security adviser, Walt Rostow, refused to accept our intelligence assessment on the Israeli attack. Rostow cited “assurances” from the Israeli ambassador in Washington that under no circumstances would the Israelis attack first.

Over the protests of Israeli defense minister Moshe Dayan, the Israeli government lied to the White House about how the war started. President Johnson was told that the Egyptians had initiated firing on Israeli settlements and that an Egyptian squadron had been observed heading toward Israeli. Neither statement was true.

As a result, our report describing surprise Israeli attacks against Egyptian, Jordanian, and Syrian airfields encountered a hostile response from the National Security Council. Fortunately, CIA director Richard Helms supported our assessment, and the National Military Command Center corroborated the report as well. Rostow summoned Clark Clifford, chairman of the President’s Foreign Advisory Board and a leading NSC Arabist Hal Saunders to examine our analysis, and both men provided corroboration.

In addition to lying to the White House about the start of the war, Israeli military officers lied to the American ambassador to Israel, Walworth Barbour, about non-existent Egyptian military movements. The CIA, meanwhile, had the benefit of satellite photography that showed Egyptian planes parked on airfields wingtip-to-wingtip, which pointed to no plan to attack.

Twenty years later, I learned that a confident of the president, Harry McPherson, was in Israel at the start of the war and accompanied Ambassador Barbour to the meeting with Prime Minister Eshkol. When Israeli air raid sirens began to wail during the meeting, Israeli intelligence chief General Aharon Yariv assured everyone there was no need to move to an underground bunker. If we had this information in 1967, it would have corroborated our analysis that the Israelis had destroyed more than 200 Egyptian planes on the ground.

In addition to lying about the start of the war, the Israelis were even more deceitful three days later when they attributed their malicious attack on the USS Liberty to a random accident. If so, it was a well planned accident. The ship was a U.S. intelligence vessel in international waters, both slow-moving and lightly armed. It brandished a five-foot-by-eight-foot Stars and Stripes in the midday sun, and didn’t resemble a ship in any other navy, let alone a ship in the arsenal of one of Israel’s enemies. Yet the Israelis claimed that they believed they were attacking an Egyptian ship.

The Israeli attack took place after six hours of intense, low-level reconnaissance. It was conducted over a two-hour period by unmarked Mirage jets using cannons and rockets. Israeli boats fired machine guns at close range at those helping the wounded, then machine-gunned the life rafts that survivors dropped in hope of abandoning the ship. The NSA investigation of the disaster remains classified to this day.

Attached: Watto.jpg (1280x853, 181.97K)

Tbh it is quite possible Bibi will not get Knesset approval for WB annexation since Liebermann's lot disapprove (they want an Israeli ethnostate and a landswap), and UTJ wouldn't approve because they don't give a shit.
Still, the bigger risk is that Bibi passes a court-cucking act that effectively turns Israel into his personal captured state.

Also the leader of Yisraeli Bienteiu is talking about still staying in opposition due to the bloke's desire to conscript the Heredi: something that Shas and UTJ will not stand for.

Why does it need to be a priority? Without the US, Israel is supremely fucked. If anything we should be concerned with evacuating the Israeli left before its neighbors tear it apart.

Also on West Bank annexation, it should be noted that Bibi might just try to annex the settlements: which would be a violation of Oslo.
Regardless, the irony of a West Bank annexation is that it would likely lead to the establishment of an equal one-state solution. Unless Israel plans to engage in full-on Yugoslav War tier ethnic cleansing it cannot shift the Palestinians out of the West Bank.

This is obviously the plan

If that's their plan, then they better be ready for a 5th Diaspora…

It would take the US and Europe turning their back on Israel like they did on Apartheid South Africa, which isn't happening.

all the Kahanist parties

Attached: kahanebanner-1.jpg (2560x1060, 190.31K)

more like kharanist lol khara means shit in arabic

Two ultra orthodox parties, literal Israeli fascists, Russians, and ebic centrists.

I could see Europe doing that in the future, especially if Israel really goes after Iran. America is hopeless though. However if they are weakened they won't be able to prop Israel up

Europe already is tbh, Ireland recently passed a BDS act and the EU is getting bored of Israel's shit with regards to Iran. If Israel were to annex the West Bank I think a lot of Europe would file behind BDS faster than you could say "What about Sodastream?".

mashallah

The region must become an international territory administered by the UN, neither Israel nor Palestine