Video games are made by males for males, of cause they will appeal to male interests

Video games are made by males for males, of cause they will appeal to male interests.
Feminists, instead of making their own games which appeal to female interests to create a "safe space", want to force change through an authority, namely the state and media complex shaming companies for blasphemy against progressive values, causing stocks to drop in value.
The people complaining are a miniscule minority and for the most part not even interested in video games in the first place. They don't represent the video game consumer market but want to instate dogmas affecting all of it. Looking at the effects the PC inquisition has on other markets, the passionate hobbyists simply revolted against this literal invasion.

Would anyone call for censorship if a feminist developer team made a "female power fantasy" game?
No, because sane individuals ignore things they don't like as long as they aren't forced upon them, while insane individuals actively seek reasons to feel miserable and/or victimized.

Attached: 1555004256053.jpg (220x334, 21.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/09/18/when-geeks-rule/geeks-you-are-no-longer-victims-get-over-it
archive.fo/c1URt
archive.fo/ec1VY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most Video Games are made by corporations always seek to expand and attract new consumers

Video games are made by capitalist firms to generate profit from children.

The people complaining about wimmins in video games are a miniscule minority who always buy the games anyways. "This three-hour video will explain in detail why Kablooper 4: The Kabloopening has been RUINED by SJWs which I discovered after 500 hours of gaming." Their scapegoats were primarily small, indie developers who don't matter anyways – classic reaction to having their bubble disturbed. Meanwhile, game companies are more rapacious at ever at squeezing more profits from DLCs.

The game companies realized years ago that it does not matter what they say; much better to expand the market and commodify more and more aspects of individual games themselves beyond the initial sticker price.

Attached: 601af2474616eded6937e86e9a1f57966b1c77fd446d67bbf56385889e97a473.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

2d women now have rights

And it really is classic reaction because it must find a scapegoat from the "outside" (an "invasion") to avoid thinking about the underlying capitalist incentives driving these social and cultural changes and so on. There's a half-assed argument that this is hurting game companies, but why are you telling us this? We don't give a shit. Tell it to the CEO. The game studios are capitalist corporations, it's in their interest to:

Or it's as Marx said:

Attached: u4GeR4r.gif (550x309, 3.3M)

Tell me the difference between including a minority and/or female character and "forced diversity."

How dare these womyn's interfere with my mass produced McDonald media!!!!!1 This is the death of Western Civilization™.

The problem isn't forced diversity, it's shitty developers and writers that happen to think a diverse cast will help their shitty game, and sadly it does, it pumps up reviews, which i guess does make it kind of a problem since shitty games get great reviews just because they have diversity.

Not agreeing with OP here, he's obviously baiting, just my take on the SJW debate.

One thing that makes this whole affair particularly obscene is there are so many games that you could never possibly play them all. And there are so many mods… you could play the same game your whole life. That's most people: they have "their game" and that's what they play. Maybe I feel this way because I'm getting old and I'm still playing 90s games on DOSBOX.

My take on Anita Sarkeesian: Her problem isn't that she wants to create a "safe space," "shames companies for blasphemy against progressives," "wants to instate dogmas affecting all of" the gaming industry, etc. It's just the opposite. Her gestures about tropes and women in video games have unclear implications. She just points out banal bullshit everyone already understands, and it goes on and on. By not having anything of substance in her work, she invites viewers to come up with wild theories as to her true motives. Ah, it must be an cultural Marxist agenda of sorts, trying to take away your wonderful videogames. Her videos are listing the evidence she needs to legitimize this evil plot! Nothing will ever be the same. From now on all videogames are shitty HTML choose-your-own-adventures about depression.

It's all caused by her being a liberal without anything insightful to say. The fact that videogames involve so many dumb tropes is more caused by the corporate nature of the industry than anything else. But she can't criticize that! No, let's instead zoom in really closely on the symptoms, start enumerating them, hope that someone comes up with a solution. The effect is predictable. Shitty patriarchal female tropes are replaced by shitty PC female tropes. Congratulations Sarkeesian, you saved video games. Big round of applause.

Meanwhile GamerGate descends into a reactionary shitshow that plagues the internet for years.

GET OUTA MY 2019, YOU FUCK!

id would her

Fuck off, /v/.

Attached: vermin.png (675x827, 34.73K)

No they are afraid of becoming target of the inquisition

Nobody cares about women in video games, but then the kind of person that snitched on everyone in school comes up politicizes shit and ruins the fun.

It's not a scapegoat, they are not the "gamers" they claim to be. It's like a freshly migrated person wanting to tell the natives what is wrong with their
culture out of "experience".

It just happens and nobody complains, maybe you remember the late 90s-00s when nearly all chart music was RnB and hip hop and nobody complained since this was a natural development of consumer interest. Nobody thought about race or gender until feminists and anti racists produced a superficial conflict that led pedagogical measures being taken, which alienated the consumers since there was no perceived conflict.

Mad bugman detected

Me too actually, she looks like a gipsy fortune teller without make up though.

I dunno. There were all kinds of people who were like "bluhh I hate all this rap shit." But hip hop and RnB is still far and away the most popular music out there. Anyways, I don't think Anita Sarkeesian is all that interesting. I watched a bit and it was like: "why does Ms. Pac Man have a bow in her hair?" I agree with you here that this is superficial but there's no reason to make a crusade out of it. That's just reaction.

I could never get a Gamergate person to explain to me in clear terms what they hell they were talking about. They'd amplify up to 10 and immediately start yelling about some bitch who made some game who slept with some guy at a website I had never heard of. It's like complaining about corruption in the model train magazine press or something like that. Of course the publishers are trying to sell you something, you dope!

One thing I Freddie deBoer wrote that I liked:

nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/09/18/when-geeks-rule/geeks-you-are-no-longer-victims-get-over-it

Attached: salt powered robot.jpg (900x900, 291.15K)

Attached: c7491d24cce3f2ca89612ebb63daedb325b60447103eb73e04f432e2f0c44635.jpg (1050x1400, 95.17K)

Pretty much, the only thing they care about is making profit, and exapnding ways of making profit, regardless of how it'll affect the quality of their games

Pleb

It's not the paper but the author. Freddie was the original anti-idpol leftist but then he went insane and disappeared off the internet. RIP.

GamerGate was 20 years ago user. You have to wake up.

Attached: b3c0242c4ae6468161d3d12b468f5e92e3846cf4c8c26cfcc91bd064f7a30493.jpg (3204x2412, 970.02K)

And a bunch of companies not choosing to sell their games to the west or not stocking their shelves with one particular game is supposed to mean that Anita Sarkeesian is taking all our vidya away?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the definition of "sexual violence" is pretty fucking obvious

Attached: 3d7b4ece86a0060609ee1637dcb55a60ff01343792fc3ffdd63a6903cb9a4216.png (1395x1536, 2.2M)

It's also happened with Japanese games. And is now happening to one of the largest brands of video games, sony.
Clearly she hasn't taken all the videos games, but she has done damage, and feminism censorship in general has spread to other companies.

archive.fo/c1URt
archive.fo/ec1VY