Late stage capitalism?

Ah yes, Silicon Valley.
A magical place where you earn substantially above national average and it's barely enough to rent an old shipping container shared with five other people.
I wonder how long is this circus going to last.

theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor

Attached: 1557055018986.png (1486x804, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_ILu-R-Nz8
archive.fo/DBLAS
youtube.com/watch?v=szdS3tt_xy0
youtube.com/watch?v=m8m2BYv02Nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is California so expensive?

because a lot of rich people live there, that makes the landlords raise prices

Because petty bourgs have a compulsive need to live on the West Coast.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_ILu-R-Nz8

enjoy

BARRACKS CAPITALISM

Because of communists!!!!

tfw capitalists accuse us of wanting people to live in barracks when they've already made this the case

Attached: yukko rain.gif (490x272, 597.75K)

Good Lord that's pathetic. I'd rather just live in a tent at that point.

Their are two reasons
A) landlords
B) their cities have very little skyscrapers

Techies are already starting to leave San Fransisco. The problem is that they might bring high rents with them.
archive.fo/DBLAS

Liberals like to tax everything

thank me later

Attached: 1557052198145.jpg (990x396, 146.85K)

good fucking riddance

Attached: 430E39BC-E945-4DA9-834C-535B404E700F.png (275x326, 107.67K)

Just wake up in the morning user

Attached: 68213.gif (472x379, 49.34K)

Labor Camps are the future of capitalism

REVOLUTION WHEN?
BLOOD will be SHED.

We can't endure SLAVE
condition anymore.

It's TIME for UPRISING

youtube.com/watch?v=szdS3tt_xy0

Attached: Girls und Panzer - Katyusha.jpg (474x355, 21.85K)

FIGHT risking you lives.

IT'S TIME!

Attached: Che Guevara.jpg (474x607, 63.24K)

FIGHT risking your* lives.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8m2BYv02Nw

The opening paragraphs are a guy who makes $160k renting a 2bed house for $3k a month. That is 1/5th of his salary. That is the biggest expense in his life, no other consumer goods are going to inflate regionally as much as housing. An iPad still costs $800-$1k. A Prius is still like, $16k or something. And he is married, presumably his wife could work. I actually don’t know what he is bitching about, it sounds like he is highly paid.

Don't buy a ipad

Ha, at that salary it looks like he can afford it easily. I’m actually convinced some of these people are just upset they aren’t literally rich even though they make up to a million dollars. There was that one couple that make over a million between them who say they struggle to afford a house, yet the article mentions a house going for $1.7mn in the city. I’m sure it was a modest house, maybe a 2 bed place, but these people make over a million between each other. The mortgage on that house could be 15% of their income depending on their down payment! Assuming their tax rate is like, a solid 36% or something across their entire income, which is assuming a pretty heavy tax load, they would have possibly $490,000 of expendable income with the $1.7mn dollar house. They could double their housing expense and have an expendable income in the six figures. That’s mindboggling to most Americans. That’s totally fucking insane money to most people in the world even. So I can only rationalize their lamentations here as being upset that they aren’t literally a fucking venture capitalist billionaire in terms of their lifestyle.