Cambodia

Hello, I was just wondering if anybody has any interesting takes on Pol Pot's Cambodia.I've seen people argue and fight over how many died there and also to what extent the U.S. was behind these deaths. I've heard people claim that Pol Pot's revolution was funded by the U.S. although I've never seen any sources backing this up. What do you leftists think? Do you have any interesting details to share?

Attached: 201905121016537.jpg (1080x1059, 495.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/ChinaCambodiaVietnamTriangle
archive.org/details/KampucheaTheRevolutionRescued
newstatesman.com/politics/politics/2014/04/how-thatcher-gave-pol-pot-hand
sihanouk-archives-inachevees.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sihanouk_Playboy.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's a case of confusion with the fact that the US did (indirectly) support the Khmer Rouge after 1979, when the Vietnamese ousted the KR from power.

Two good reads on the rise and fall of the KR are:
* archive.org/details/ChinaCambodiaVietnamTriangle
* archive.org/details/KampucheaTheRevolutionRescued

I know the UK sent SAS troops to train the Khmer Rouge against the Vietnamese, at one point. I'm not sure if they'd renounced communism by that time, but it was still Pol Pot in charge.
newstatesman.com/politics/politics/2014/04/how-thatcher-gave-pol-pot-hand

sihanouk-archives-inachevees.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sihanouk_Playboy.pdf
The king straight up says the U.S backed them and his allies here

This is a following Kissinger quote Oliver Stone sourced
In late 1975, former National Security Advisor and United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger told the Thai foreign minister: >"You should tell the Cambodians that we will be friends with them. They are murderous thugs but we won't let that stand in our way."[24] Years later, Kissinger elaborated: "The Thais and the Chinese did not want a Vietnamese-dominated Indochina. We didn't want the Vietnamese to dominate. I don't believe we did anything for Pol Pot. But I suspect we closed our eyes when some others did something for Pol Pot."[25]

Notice the "deniability" the U.S typically uses being applied here?

You've been visiting this place more frequently.

Attached: Ismail.png (1024x1024, 98.08K)

Fuck off back to Reddit, chapo scum. Go quote some books somewhere elss

That's a rational response.

I have no clue if Ismail post on Chapo but why would that be bad?

If you think there’s nothing wrong with posting on Reddit, YOU need to go back there

Is the reddit hate some sort of superiority complex?

On 4chan it is. If you write like this

You get accused of reddit spacing.

How long are you gonna keep white-knighting for a Dengist book-quoter, faggot? Back to your containment board

Ah yes, the finest board on 8ch. The glorious /reddit/.

No, fuck off back to >>>/marx/, dumbfuck

Ismail doesn't hide the fact that he visits Reddit, he has even linked discussions he's had with people there, but what about /marx/ is "reddit" for you? the board handles Zig Forumsyps better than this board, by not banning them unless it's actual spam, wouldn't that make this board more reddit for banning shit left and right without giving any reason or letting users argue against them?

he doesn't post epic doggos all day if that's what you mean

We need a version of .pdf related updated for the internet era tbh.

This was basically the same approach the US took after 1979 as well. Zbigniew Brzezinski said that after the Vietnamese ousted the Khmer Rouge, "I encourage the Chinese to support Pol Pot. The question was how to help the Cambodian people. Pol Pot was an abomination. We could never support him, but China could."

So from 1975-1978 the US didn't mind a pro-Chinese government in Phnom Penh, and when this government was replaced with a pro-Soviet/Vietnamese one the US "closed its eyes" to foreign backing to the Khmer Rouge, just as it had pre-1979.

Yeah the US engaged in more "deniability" after 1979: they argued they weren't supporting the KR but instead a broad "coalition government" in exile consisting of supporters of Prince Sihanouk, former followers of Lon Nol, and the KR, of which the KR just so happened to be the only serious military threat to the Vietnamese and the Vietnamese-backed government.

Apologists of US foreign policy still use this argument even though it was clearly just a fig leaf to justify encouraging China and US allies like Thailand arming the KR.

I've been moderating /marx/ since before CTH even existed as a podcast, and I've been posting online since 2000 or 2001. I don't see what posting on reddit has to do with anything.

Fucking gay.

Attached: suck.jpeg (1280x850, 281.53K)