/math/

hey guys, does anyone have any good pdfs/online resource recommendations to brush up on math (in prep for re-reading cockshott, shaikh, etc.) Only have a few hours free time after work each day and need help with:
Geometry//Trig
Calculus (single & multi)
Linear Algebra
Probability theory / statistics including stochastic theories
-any other advanced math and theories i need for cockshottism

thanks,

brainletanon

Attached: cockshottfeels.png (680x703, 402.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.is/
elblogdecontar.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/john-b-fraleigh-raymond-a-beauregard-linear-algebra-addison-wesley-1995.pdf
148.206.53.84/tesiuami/S_pdfs/Linear Algebra Done Right.pdf
probabilitycourse.com/
statlect.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

libgen.is/

free ebooks and .pdfs here

i know where to get pdfs, looking for more of a personal recommendation about whats accessible for a brainlet tier

Indian youtubers.

>>>/freedu/92

Tom M. Apostol, Calculus vol.1 & 2 have all you need. Not sure whether it is brainlet tier though.

Attached: Calculus,_a_modern_approach_-_J._Knisley,_K._Shirley.pdf (

heffrons way more accessible than strang for Linear and his answer sheet is free too as a pdf so you can check your answers

I am 99% sure I know who you are.

They are lying about me.

Attached: pb.jpg (192x192, 188.35K)

I know, but theres nothing I can do about it

Sorry time?

Freaking gay.

Attached: gayorgy.jpeg (1200x886, 162.67K)

Yeah but that doesn't mean we cannot still talk and stuff.

Khan University can be a good place to start

Why would anyone study math?

MIT OpenCourseWare is where I learned my mathematics. They've got full lectures on YouTube as well as plenty of exercises on their site. Can't recommend it enough if you want to learn calculus and linear algebra.

F U N

sounds cool

T. Accelerationist

posting the classic

Attached: Screenshot_13.jpg (1186x803, 295.41K)

Accelerationism is good, the contemporary world is shit.

Khanacademy but yeah this is what my math degree friends recommend for an autodidact

I'm currently working through PDF related and i find it pretty convincing. You can find the answer sheet online

Has anyone ever tried applying category to Marxian economics.

Attached: The_gum.png (500x376, 160.78K)

*category theory

Khan academy has some good stuff for geometry and trig, probably calculus too but idk.

I learned Linear Algebra from this book:

elblogdecontar.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/john-b-fraleigh-raymond-a-beauregard-linear-algebra-addison-wesley-1995.pdf

I've heard good things about this one as well:

148.206.53.84/tesiuami/S_pdfs/Linear Algebra Done Right.pdf

I used to tutor calculus for my school before I dropped out. If you need someone to talk over problems with lmk. I'm also pretty good with linear algebra, geometry (euclidean and otherwise), and differential equations which you might need for econ stuff (don't know). I also know a bit of game theory which might be relevant. I don't really know statistics though.

Attached: smonk.jpg (756x945, 110.1K)

Yeah, came here to rec Khan.

I have a degree in mathematics. I'd definitely recommend Khan Academy for learning the basics of most subjects (I've used it for calculus, linear algebra and statistics) and seeing computational examples. If you want some "big picture," and especially geometrical interpretations of mathematics, I'd suggest 3blue1brown's Essence of Calculus and Essence of Linear Algebra series (the linear algebra one in particular is exceptionally enlightening).

Textbook-wise, I'd suggest almost any early transcendentals book. I personally used Rogawski in class, but I've heard Stewart is good too (he's more popular on Amazon, if that means anything). It isn't too hard to find rips of any calc textbook, and with a little searching you could probably find worked solution guides as well.

Axler's Linear Algebra Done Right is an amazing text which is very easy to read, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first-timer to linear algebra. It follows a basis-free approach of more abstract vector spaces, which I think can be jarring. I'd suggest sticking to linear algebra done in the real numbers with the standard basis first. Strang is pretty good, although I didn't use him personally.

However you go about it, if you want to "get" mathematics, you'll need to get to the holy trinity of mid-level mathematics: multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and then differential equations. Those three subjects play off of each other in amazing ways, and prepare you for whatever direction you want to go next.

For probability and statistics, I'd wait until you have a good feel for calculus (and for statistics, linear algebra). If you care about learning math enough that you want to learn calculus, learning baby-tier probability and statistics (business major-core) will be a waste of your time. I recently discovered Hossein Pishro-Nik's "Introduction to Probability, Statistics, and Random-Processes," which looks to be an absolutely amazing text. Pishro-Nik has made the entire course available for free online here:
probabilitycourse.com/
Another good resource is StatLect, although StatLect is better for a second course:
statlect.com/

Most importantly, please remember that you don't know math if you can't solve math problems. It's far too easy (and I'm guilty of this too) to just say "yeah, yeah, I know this."

Attached: nose picky.jpg (640x480, 102.32K)

i have a degree in CS and took classes on discrete math/probability, calc (single variable) and linear(heffrons book)s, but i have forgotten a lot of stuff because i dont use it day to day.

le nerdy boys have arrived

ITT: People who didn't pay attention in high school mathematics.
sorry, but you should put those skills in actual use besides reading cockshott and shaikh.

i swear i did pay attention, but drinking in uni and after have made me forget alot of that shit.

Not everyone has either the aptitude nor the circumstances to be able to learn "high school mathematics" to the best of their ability when they're a child; I hope you don't call yourself a Communist and spout this kind of condescending garbage. I had useless substitute teachers from 14-16 and didn't learn a lot of this stuff, and since I left school at 16 (from the UK) I didn't have the opportunity or need at the time to learn it since I had to fucking work. If this is widespread amongst first world proles, then imagine what it might be like for some proles in the global south. Reality is complicated, not everyone does the things they're "supposed" to do at the time they "should".

Jiri Lebl's Introduction to Real Analysis is free online. Use that.

Jiri Lebl's Introduction to Real Analysis is free online. Use that. My tutors recommended this to me.

bump

Calculus by Michael Spivak
Just use a free textbook for trig
Use MIT OCW for lectures.

Pretty difficult stuff for someone dealing with the material the first time.

Yeah its pretty comprehensive, use it along with lectures.
Calculus Early Transcendentals is also decent

I would definitely recommend Calculus by Thomas. It's super direct and simple. It's in two volumes and it will teach you what you need to know about calculus in a single variable and multivariable. Plus you can fin it really easily just doing a quick search in google.

bump

Attached: Mathematics Study Guide.png (4125x2400, 2.61M)

what the hell kinda galaxy brain shit is that, user?

wat

Gelfand's Algebra and Kiselev's Geometry should brush you up nicely, user.

are there translations