Chemical attacks in Syria now officially revealed to be fake

Does this warrant its own thread? I think so. Here is a good write-up:
medium.com/@caityjohnstone/confirmed-chemical-weapons-assessment-contradicting-official-syria-narrative-is-authentic-fbcbf7ef281a

So the integrity of the OPCW is pretty much ruined now, isn't it? They withheld critical information in a highly unstable war situation, and the media completely ignores this as well. Together the this:
mintpressnews.com/bbc-producer-says-syria-douma-chemical-attack-footage-was-staged/255152/
This is some incriminating shit.

Also, the absolute state of Bellingcat. Are media outlets still gonna uncritical quote that guy?

Attached: ais.jpg (877x541, 75.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PKp1TSLpcLI
syriapropagandamedia.org/working-papers/assessment-by-the-engineering-sub-team-of-the-opcw-fact-finding-mission-investigating-the-alleged-chemical-attack-in-douma-in-april-2018
drive.google.com/file/d/1ayBv-nEOMTtIc-QOvejQBdCnZQXTuJ5z/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr?

Media, Bellingcat and politics have claimed that Assad dropped chemicals on Duoma. Turns out there was never anything dropped but placed on the ground while it was occupied by rebels, making them the likely perpetrators.

He who smelled it dealt it.

Yeah OP I really didn't need a write up to tell me that.

Simple rule: the government is always lieing.
Therefore: if the government says it, of all the things it could possibly be, you can be sure it isn't the thing they said.

If any of you even considered this opcw government line to be possible you should immediately hang up your hat as a leftist. Also I dont think a minty news or clairvoyant.com article is going to affect anything.

As far as sheeple are concerned Assad and Saddam both fated on their Kurds.

I don't entirely agree, because if this gets enough traction and is reported by the media (even though they'll try everything they can to put a lid on it) it can push people to the left and discredit everybody who got along with it.

No, people will believe what they want to believe. I mean shit, liberals are still going with "Russia hacked the elections", and inventing cope excuses for why Mueller couldn't prove anything.

Because the media is a tool of the "establishment". Even Ben Rhodes admitted that most American "journalists" charged with foreign affairs reporting just asked the White House for sitreps on whatever beat they were reporting (as most MSM companies had axed their foreign news divisions)

Of course they will, for the same reasons that none of the punditocracy insisting that Saddam would be dirtybombing every American city if nothing was done were ever punished

Wake the fuck up user. What world are you living in? Stop drinking the koolaid aid. You're only one step better than the people who believe Assad did the gas attack.

ML Status: ==Validated==

Attached: DcoM9MGUwAAWCSG.jpg (1200x1013, 225.26K)

The US Media is literally CIA talking to each other.

All the lies about the Soviet Union and China are true to the USA. The USA is the biggest self-projector of the World. But then again the Right always projects. THE LEFT IS VIOLENT! Right does Violence. THERE IS A ZIONIST PLOT! They are the Zionists. THERE IS A GLOBALIST PLOT! They are the Globalists.

Remember that Doug from Zerobooks invited over a special friend to cry about muh white helmets.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=PKp1TSLpcLI

This is huge.
I wonder what Metafilter and all the other progressive pro-war Americans will say now? Even Lous Proyect, who doesn't buy into the mainstream news when it comes to Venezuela, has blogged positively about the White Helmets and so on. Of course, they won't say anything if they don't hear about it first. So spread the word!

Oh wow I am shocked! Another bourgeois imperialist organization serves imperialist interests!

Marxism is about the criticism and upheaval of the current way of things. If revolution comes, then ALL institutions and organisations that currently exist under capitalism will be DESTROYED. The ONLY thing we will retain from the old society is the infrastructure, all else will either be destroyed or radically altered.

Doug is a typical western left-com scumbag of the worst kind. He's in it for the moolahs.

The same thing they always do, i.e. repeat the same talking points and act as if the report never came out.

oy vey goylem!! Supporting Assad is very anti-judaic!!

So nobody in this thread had money on muh 666 gorrlion? Shame on us leftypol, how did we not know the proper response is always "muh holohoax!"

Attached: MuhHolohoax.jpg (498x725, 184.38K)

shhhhh lad, we /foreverwar/ now

Attached: DyMcZubU0AARCPp.jpg large.jpg (606x623, 87.13K)

I mean, we can believe the holocaust happend while also believing the gas attacks by Assad never did. Some Zionist kvetching about how the denial of the two is similar doesn't change that. That's like comparing the holodomor and the holocaust together and then stating that our denial of the holodohoax is the same as holocaust denial.

But yeah, holocaust deflection/comparison by Zionists is definitely a thing and it's nothing new. It's pretty much their go to argument.

Friendly reminder that the real holocaust deniers are the Zionists who only count the deaths of specifically the Jewish people put to death in camps (6 million) and not the non-Jews who died in the camps (5 million) or anybody who was killed outside the camps (6 million), many of whom were Jewish. They need the death toll to be 6 million specifically, and they're only concerned with Jewish deaths, because that's all that matters to the prophecy about Jews returning to Israel.

Liberals and Wahhabis push the idea that Assad runs a "genocidal Alawite regime" bent on wiping out the Sunnis. Despite the fact that majority of government supporters, the army, and the government itself are Sunni.
In reality, if there is anyone trying to carry out a genocide in Syria it is the rebels.

Attached: victorytoassaddeathtoimperialismbycpgbml d9mfzdw.jpg (935x624 1.88 MB, 190.79K)

As you've already guessed, they don't really care either way, since the punditocracy that argues for and defends this shit would simply move onto the next interventionist cause without a single care.

Reminds me of that British defence secretary who recently whined about "persecution of Christians in the Middle East" but was on record defending arms sales to the Saudis because "they're our based allies :^)"

sickening

capitalists don't care about their pet christian tools. they are stats, talking points, not real people. if they don't have the power to help them pilfer they are discarded. god is dead and we have killed him.

Well let's not get too carried away here

The 6 million figure is actually not even just those in camps, they count every Jewish person killed as part of that figure whether they were shot along the way or killed by "indirect" means.

As long as the US and Israel use white phosphorus on civilians and the threat of nuclear war to for imperialism any reporting on a little bit of strong pool water being thrown from helicopters is a manufactured spectacle whether it happens or not

I want to believe this is true, but you need to provide better sources.

Attached: smonkk.jpg (255x255, 13.78K)

Indirect means were still pretty fucking direct. People were piled into trains and a good number died of dehydration and / or hunger.

Have you read the article? It links to sources where the OPCW admits the leaks are legit.

MintPress News is Zero Hedge?

I'm not going to waste my time reading the blogs of some cat lady and two conspiracy theorist stock trader. I could spend that time reading the Lyons Theses for the 79th time.

Link please?

Attached: whobyu.JPG (1632x636, 89.06K)

syriapropagandamedia.org/working-papers/assessment-by-the-engineering-sub-team-of-the-opcw-fact-finding-mission-investigating-the-alleged-chemical-attack-in-douma-in-april-2018
you are a very stupid person and need to learn how to read for yourself.

Jesus fucking christ.

Do you need CNN to tell you what to think? Have you ever actually researched current events in detail in your life?

fucking retard
READ A BOOK

Do you need me to fucking hold your hand as you click on an URL? Fuck off dude

If by "researching current events" you mean scrounging blogs to find something that fits what I already believe, then no. If you mean finding PRIMARY SOURCES, then it would appear that I'm the only one in this thread who knows how to research current events, because I haven't seen anyone here actually discussing the report (linked below).

My point is that OP should have just linked to that instead of one article from a right wing conspiracy theory website, and another from a blog hosting site.

I would still like a link to this. I can't find it in the medium article.

Attached: smonk.jpg (756x945, 110.1K)

Kill yourself you whiny shit. How can you pretend to be Marxist while only accepting """facts""" from bourgeois superstructure?

What is your point faggot?

Attached: smoke.jpg (500x344, 16.96K)

Attached: 1486581172517.webm (640x360, 2.74M)

Does anyone have a link to the OPCWs statement on this leak? I can't find any confirmation that the leaked report isn't fake.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79.18K)

You are not a child, it is your responsibility to be a principled Marxist and do research. Anons already gave you links to evidence, so if it wasn't satisfactory for you, it's your job to investigate further and bring back your findings.

You can read the intro of the people who originally published the OPCW papers here. They explain the nature of the study and explain the response by the OPCW.

Attached: Screenshot_20190518-192139_Drive.jpg (1080x1920 620.78 KB, 660.49K)

Also the Medium article linked to two tweets from journalists Peter Hitchens and Brian Whitaker have both published matching statements from the OPCW on this report. Here's the one taken from Whittaker. The article also mentions how Ian Henderson is very much a real person that has a long history at the OPCW.

Attached: D6sUrKlW0AAOxE6.jpeg (1039x484, 152.53K)

Forgot to mention it, but the 2nd to last sentence pretty much confirms that it's a real report (why launch an investigation into a fake document?) .

Long Live Assad

Attached: img_4821.jpg (621x436, 133.04K)