Priorities

Every time I get a new job I usually nearly burn all of the first paycheck on a gun, but I can't decide if I should prioritize fun or a practical upgrade. Basically its either a Scorpion for the fun factor or getting a AK74. Already have an AK in 7.62 but lets be honest a 5.56 or 5.45 is way more practical.

How do the rest of you usually prioritize your purchases? Full setup for the worst case scenario first or sprinkle in some fun in there.

Attached: 16f5636a50c4a7adf1dc10f8e5de0b03dfcb34619c49c85334bb6cf17a3ac558.jpg (2000x1333 509.96 KB, 186.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leverarms.com/products/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-carbine
youtube.com/watch?v=FWXXMwa-Xk8
preppergunshop.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-pistol-7-7-barrel-with-flash-can-extended-forearm-91353-with-gear-head-works-folding-tailhook-2-20rd-mag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Exclusion_Act
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are pretty practical. 9mm would probably be one of the most abundant cartridges available during shtf.

True, but it really is less than optimal ballistic wise. Plus standard 9mm isn't all that great. At least with 5.45 it seems like pretty run of the mill ammo performs very well.

Good on you. Don't ever let some slack-jawed faggot tell you otherwise.

For me it's: 1: Make sure you have a gun to cover what ever niche need you might have. 2: Ammo for aforementioned. 3: Upgrades for aforementioned. 4: Fun guns, which for me usually means oddball .22 rifles or .32 handguns, so usually pretty cheap, and I tend to only buy when I see something I think is a really good deal.

That's my hang up, because I am very comfortable with my AKM and have many rounds through it. But just having a 5.56 or 5.45 gun just makes it easier on me shooting wise.

Also I guess technically I don't have a single rifle with glass on it. So if I want to be truly practical I need something long range….

Attached: tumblr_ozonddgapu1vxk92to1_1280.jpg (640x632, 123.78K)

Serious question, why? If it's hard to find decent 7.62x39 locally you should be ordering it anyway. If you've got an AK with one of the warsaw pact length stocks and it feels like a bitch to shoot get a better buttstock and throw a buffer on the recoil spring.

Just talking from a weight and recoil perspective as far as handling goes. Its already upgraded to the nines with a stock that is a proper length for me and a nice muzzle brake.

In general a 5.56/5.45 just shoots flatter and therefore requires less work on my end.

Seems weird to me, but maybe your situation means you push into the 300-500yrd range regularly.

Still though if it was me I'd get something with a magnified optic and a full-size rifle cartridge if I was going for distance instead of worrying about stocking an entirely new caliber and new mags in the same niche as my go-to gun.

It would replace my go-to gun. After using my 7.62 AK for a while I just came to the conclusion that a lighter rifle and a flatter shooting cartridge is something I would prefer if things really got bad.

Wouldn't it be better to have only one or two guns? Personally, I want a variety to fuck around with, but my dad brought up this topic.

I'm not sure if better is the right word. I think you should have a rifle that you know you will go to if you really need it. You also need to train with it and get real comfortable with it, so if that means buying more ammo instead of that neat milsurp gun you want, then you need to prioritize that.

In terms of simplifying logistics, yes.
Would you rather maintain four different pools of ammo, or twenty? Would you rather reload for an obsolete cartridge, or walk into any big box retail store and walk out with gun food?

A more interesting question might be: How many firearms can you own while maintaining a distinct purpose for each with no overlap? Off the top of my head:

I think you could pull it off with 3, unless you want each gun to be purpose built for each purpose.

That rifle should be able to do 0-600 yards pretty well, depending on how high you make the magnification.

Scropion is cool as shit. Get one, and get one because TFB hates it and seems intent on not letting people buy it so they can be elitist twats.

Strongly considering it, it's just a question of priorities.

Though it would be fun as shit to start shooting PCC matches. I'm just worried they may not allow braced pistols to do it.

There is technically a rifle version, but I own a gen 1 pistol, and I absolutely love it. I paired it with a yeti-wurks bandoleer and it's fun as fuck like that. It's a handy pistol, especially with a folding brace. I would really like to see something like a binary trigger made for it.

Ya but that's kinda lame, might as well get a brace as it seems ATF isn't gonna flip on that again…maybe. Potentially makes a good HD gun too, at least 9mm doesn't overpenetrate like 7.62x39 does.

You'd want 3 normally. A pistol for edc, since most places frown on carrying a long gun with you, a shotgun for the home and a rifle for emergencies. The rest are for fun.

I use it as a truck gun, but yeah, it is pretty nice for HD uses. Drop a light and an optic on it, and it's as tactical as it needs to be. It's the best PCC on that market today for the money.

I feel more like 5 is the answer for protecting yourself.
if only I could afford that last one

Have you tried being smarter with money? Do you even have an emergency fund to handle a period where you're out of work?

Are you trying to tell me having food is more important than something that can blast whatever wanders around the woods?

Well you could always push it, but you could also have overlap by choosing the right gun.

-Everyday Carry (work, shopping)
-Councealed carry for summer in shirt and shorts
-Heavy carry for that part of town
Can be either 3 guns or one.

-Shotgun for bumps in the night and putting food on the table.
(I'd add fuck those birds, fuck that deer and fuck that bear/guy behind the wall, but thats just 3 different shells)

-Car gun (need to fit in the door/under the seat)
-Car gun (highway shootout version) (also long range HD)

-Fuck that guy behind that tree
-Fuck that guy behind that engine block

You could start with a solid 9mm handgun and a 308 battle rifle with AP rounds and cover all situations "good enough".

You'd print badly, or wouldn't have enough stopping power against metheads, and it would suck to hunt birds with a 308 or have to fight in tight space with it, but it would be doable.

TFB are a bunch of faggots anyways, their opinion is instantly discarded

Can it even be called 'hunting' when there's nothing left of a quarry but a puff of feathers and a pink mist wafting on the breeze?

I just don't understand their irrational hatred for the scorpion. It's almost like they're rich kids with daddy's money and can't stand that poorfags can spend less and do the same or more. Honestly, the Scorpion isn't even that cheap. It's just not so expensive that you think it's a waste of money.

People keep saying this but I'm curious as to why. I've seen ~5 of their videos and the only contention I had was them hating on the judge because hicks love it.

TFB TV are a bunch of fags.

TFB the BLOG is god tier.

They sell the scorpion in Canada now. Folding stock is probably welded open.

Some of the guys post there, and the fag that did the GHM 9 vid is the main guy that does nothing but takes shot at this popular gun, the CZ Scorpion, for no reason.

Scorpion is awesome-simple and handy. Good choice for the pistol caliber carbine.

5 round capacity lol
leverarms.com/products/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-carbine

The folding stock is removable. Pistol versions have a cap.

The scorpion is a great gun. The only thing I dislike about it is the fire selector location. If I put my hand too up, it starts to bite me into it. Also, finger fuck every gun on the range.

Whats the cap in America? Its 10 round cap for a handgun in Canada and 5 round cap for the scorpion.

No cap here in Texas.

I'm the guy whose hands it was modeled after, apparently, because I don't have the safety issue and I find it useful to flip it to safe with my index and to fire with my thumb. This is my gun. It was made for me.

Attached: KRnxqCu[1].png (697x645, 269.58K)

Should find a place to shoot a scorpion first, I have shot a 74 before though.

who?

TFB essentially hired the cunts on as "Social Media" experts for their YouTube venture TFBTV. Also because the cunts had access to (their dads) extensive collections.

But TFB itself as an organization is decent, they have connections in defense all over the world, and get news out very quickly. Also they're actually good at investigative journalism.

TFB is kind of gay, but nowhere near as shitty as TTAG.

Get the EVO with a tailhook brace. Best non-nfa sbr substitute.

Attached: 15747517_10210427069807311_7743424727897054319_n.jpg (960x642, 64.83K)

TFB one of the best and certainly the most "journalistic" gun blog out there.

I dunno, they had a shitload of opinion articles when the glawk fohty didn't get adopted for standard US military use.

Depends on how intermediate 6.5 is to you, I wouldn't try .223/5.45 at 600m

The tailhook looks a tiny bit flimsy though, but if it works it also looks the best. Regardless got a great deal on a Bulgarian kit build AK74, so EVO will have to come some other time.

I would consider 6.5 still intermediate, also I'm pretty sure 5.56/5.45 can do 600m but you are really pushing it at that point. You need magnification and skill

5.56 is fine at 600m out of any good quality barrel. Really…1MOA is the standard you should hold your rifles to. 3 inches to either side of your point of aim at 600m is nothing that will get in the way of good shooting. A walking/shooting stick and a little magnification is all that is needed.

Are those both pistols? I'd love to get one with a rifle length handguard for the suppressor underneath.

Intermediate means a rifle (non pistol) cartridge controllable on full auto.

It's solid billet aluminum. How does it "look flimsy"?

Negative, the top is an SBR.

Shit, you want to simplify it even more?:

My vote for the handgun would be one of the larger 7/8-shot .357 mag revolvers for their versatility (huge range of ammo between light .38 spl and hot .357 mag; can be used to hunt medium game in a pinch; wide ammo availability AND easy to reload; platform is not picky about ammo type/shape, etc.)

For the shotgun, get a good pump action + both rifled and smooth barrels + a variety of chokes + a caliber conversion sleeve to match your handgun. This would be pretty much the most versatile rifle you could buy, especially considering the staggering number of different types of ammo available.

nope
It's an intermediate cartridge, 300 maximum effective range.
6.5 is a meme
If you want to shoot long range and kill, you 1) have to use an actual rifle round, like a 300 win mag and 2) you want a bull barreled, bolt action rifle.
There is no 1MOA AR at 600 yards, that is ridiculous.

Can you eat skinwalkers?

Oh hot damn, that folding support looks amazing. Seems heavy enough to bring the balance point back to a manageable spot. I'll be eagerly awaiting their 2nd gen…which will hopefully combine the two in a cheaper package.

The mod 2 won't really work on a Scorpion. It's dependent on a buffer tube, where as the Mod 1 uses the factory EVO stock arm and hinge.
The Mod 2 is only like $50 cheaper than the whole setup anyway (tailhook itself and the tailhook mounting kit) and then you
ll have to figure out a mount to fix the buffer tube to the gun.

It would be used with the CZ adapeter

Attached: SCORPION EVO 3 S1 PISTOL ARM BRACE KIT 2017-12-10 shop.cz-usa.com-productdetail-19992_scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-arm-brace-kit.png (965x1776, 194.3K)

So you're going to be spending $30+ more than the Mod 1 setup? and it doesn't fold.
That's your decision, I guess.

To me it looked like the "hook" parts might flop around or something. But after really looking into it, it looks really solid

I mean depends on what you want, my thoughts is the carry gun for on the go defense, shotgun for game, and then the rifle for SHTF type shit.

I'm not too familiar with how effective rifle shotgun loads are, but capacity would be my primary concern with that and then range concerns too.

600m is pretty far target to be shooting at without an optic anyway. The reason that strelok says that is because that is the furthest range recruits are taught to fire at and it is very possible given that the margin for human inaccuracy is reduced through proper shooting fundamentals, which all riflemen are required to grasp. The reality is that machine gunners outperform riflemen/DMR in direct engagements at that range anyways.

Attached: 1458790018155.jpg (1600x1200, 782.86K)

It is.
Occasionally the locking mech comes loose (watch sootch's video on it ) , but it hasn't been an issue on mine.
Worst case, I'll take the screw out and hit it with some loctite to sure it up.
@2:50 is where he talks about it being loose
youtube.com/watch?v=FWXXMwa-Xk8

Fuck
What do?

I can't conceal carry legally and automatics are banned for us peasantry

Rally the Emus until your government is over-run by them. Maybe then you'll have some rights

constantly trying to update my basics/EDC to the current best tech/what I prefer.

It's incredibly painful and I think my next big three are:

1) Precision rifle
2) some kind of PDW
3) lots of suppressors or a few multi role cans

I'm broke, too. Doesn't help that I want capable gear for all three seasons I live in.

While I was confused that Glock pitched a .40, I was vastly more confused that SIG won.

preppergunshop.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-9mm-pistol-7-7-barrel-with-flash-can-extended-forearm-91353-with-gear-head-works-folding-tailhook-2-20rd-mag

Kinda want.

Attached: 91353-th1_1.jpg (2000x1333, 212.66K)

I am willing to bet that somewhere in this vast place there's a shitcunt outer heaven.

Attached: 26223925_395767447520032_2791859098952400896_n.jpg (1080x1080, 127.68K)

Trick question. It's the child that was banned.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Exclusion_Act

Not chink. His eyes are too fucking big. Might be Indochinese.

I just got one of these. Lots of fun. Once dotr comes I can blast fools without their neighbors hearing.

The good ol times.