/out/doors thread

Since our /out/ is dead and I refuse to touch halfchan with a 24 nautical mile pole, let's have an /out/ thread.
As for me, I visited Norway back in August to visit some family, really beautiful country. Oslo was alright, but too many sandnigs for my liking. My grandmother there lived in a very tiny village at the base of a mountain, so everyday while I was there I'd often hike up it, I can post more photos I took if anybody's interested.

Also I'm stealing shit from our dead >>>/out/

Useful websites:
pioneervalleyhikingclub.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/10essentials.pdf
pssurvival.com/ps/military_fms/fm_21-76_us_army_survival_manual_2006.pdf

scout.org/en
lnt.org/

bbc.co.uk/gardening/
thegardencentregroup.co.uk/gardening-advice
lovethegarden.com/

outdoor-sport-leisure.net/

gooutdoors.co.uk/expert-advice/the-beginners-guide-to-camping
campingexpert.co.uk/

howtohunt.org/

artoftravel.com/
vagabondjourney.com/

geocaching.com/

Attached: 444399748b1187b45bf2ca56374508f3acc5b3f3e3d77b21260d3527a57f22f9.jpg (4160x2340 1.94 MB, 2.29M)

A good friend of mine (12 year USMC vet) and I are planning a trip out to a friend of his family’s ranch. We’ve got open access to the ranch. Once I’m back from vacation we’re looking to get out there and maybe bag some critters. Last time we got some rabbit, but I’m holding out for hog or coyote. Gear wise we take our assault packs, water, snackage, et cetera, usually loaded up in my Tacoma. Gun wise I have my G19 and Daniel Defense M4V1 with an Aimpoint Micro H-1. Marine bro usually takes his G21 worn on his hip, with loads of other shit in my truck, including but not limited to a Marlin Guide Gun .45-70, SCAR-16S with a 1-6x scope, 17HMR bolt gun, Benelli M4, and a .454 Casull revolver. We use green lights, but I foresee NVGs becoming a very real possibility this year. He’s also got some suppressors so likely they’ll see some use as well. Still up in the air if we’ll do an overnight trip out there, but I’ll be sure to give an AAR.

Attached: 7EC6C258-A75D-4591-9D67-F0F64C8E62B9.jpeg (4032x3024, 5.09M)

Sometimes I sleep in a tent in my field

Good hunting, user.

Do you sleep with any skinwalkers?

I've got a shit tonne of camping gear, but hardly ever go camping.

Attached: 1440999370920.png (396x335, 146.01K)

they say I'm too ugly

Attached: 1465631476986.gif (500x344, 416.04K)

Not recently, but I will do so tomorrow afternoon. Will post pictures, once I return. It's not really perfect weather right now, but if weather has ever held me back I will be damned.
You know the Fulda Gap? I live relatively near by. Pic related. Did a night trip in 2016 and had breakfast on a mountain. This was on the way down.
Just my old military boots/socks. They require me to keep that stuff in case war breaks out and they need me as cannon fodder, so I might as well get the best out of it.
A good raincoat is also adviseable. Also: no matter what Grandma used to tell you, she was right. Cover your head and wear a scarf when you go out into the cold.
Lol no. You best learn this shit from experience. You can read all you need to know to become a good smith in books, but actually being a good smith takes practice, which can not be found in a library.
Not really.

Also: Bicycles are rad as fuck for small trips. Just pack some water/food and some money, and you can go anywhere with a train station, take as long as you want, explore around, and just take the train back.

Do so.

Sounds like a gayood time. I sure hope you have a good idea how to cook all the meat you may or may not haul home. There is nothing worse than having to throw away perfectly good game because it went bad. Prepare some Tupperware.

Camping is comfy as fuck. I like to sleep in the open without a tent in summer, and just enjoy the soft breeze. All it takes is a blanket to lay on. Bugs get annoying though, any home remedies against those besides garlic?

Why not tomorrow, or even better, right now? Going out at night is hella comfy. You just got to make sure that you know the route, and your emergency phone is charged/in a dry bag.

Attached: 20160606_053809.jpg (3264x2448, 2.57M)

Mint, cloves, basil, and lavender (if you don't mind catching the gay) all work as well.

Lavender is good for repelling Jews

Okay, I'll post them in no particular order.

Attached: KIMG0130.JPG (1920x1080 476.1 KB, 549.95K)

Attached: KIMG0103.JPG (4160x2340 2.31 MB, 1.45M)

Last picture is from Sweden (forgot which part, but it was a ferry town), and immediately upon stepping off the ferry my Mom almost got her camera stolen by some sandnigger. We traveled a bit there, sandscript everywhere and trash all over the ground. Unfortunately I forgot to charge my phone, so the last pic is a "parking garage" there.

Attached: KIMG0086.JPG (1920x1080 3.49 MB, 448.88K)

Don't want to fill the thread with these pics, so I'll stop.

I guess the order is fucked, the first pic is Sweden.

Attached: KIMG0054.JPG (4160x2340 1.66 MB, 3.98M)

Shit man, never thought about that. My grandma used to have some lavender under her mattress, and whenever we stayed at her place we never had any problems with bugs.

fucking hell….

Heh, I agree that forestry woods are not nearly as beautiful as natural areas, but think about it this way: Trees take many many years to grow, and very little maintenance. The owner will only show up once in a blue moon to check on his stock, so how high are the chances someone will discover you?
Also: If you have been in the military you will know of the beauty of the Truppenübungsplatz. Most beautiful places on earth they are.

Ich rede aber davon dass in anderen Ländern das "Jedermann-Recht" viel ausgeprägter ist als bei uns. Hier gibt es fast keine großen Wälder mehr die nicht bewirtschaftet werden oder worden sind.

Thank hell for jewgle translate.

Thanks

Usually we put anything we get on ice. Anything not worth hauling out is used as coyote bait.

I hope you burn the meat that is left after the coyote get what they deserve. You don't want to leave coyote bait behind. After all it may feed hungry coyotes.

Das ist leidergottes Korrekt. Manchmal will man halt ne Rude raus und das Zelt auspacken wo es einem halt passt, aber alle zwei Meter ein Dorf, alle drei ein Gehöft und jeden Schritt ne Autobahn.
Kann man nichts machen.

Attached: Butter.jpg (2592x1944, 2.55M)

I am back, bitches!
Reasons caused me to delay the start of my trip to just after dusk, so all of my pics turned out like shite, but I managed 13km in far less than two hours. Feels good mate.
First pic: View on my home town from nearby hill.
Second pic: An abandoned water reservoir from 1936, nice place as SHTF bunker.
Third pic: Half way up the mountain, I had not expected there to be any snow left.

Attached: 20180102_203137 - Kopie.jpg (4128x3096 4.16 MB, 3.56M)

Fourth pic: My destination. You can look it up on google maps/open street map if you want to. Nice place, I like to hike there and have a beer/some food on top. I had not expected there to be THAT much snow, I could hear the sound of the water running down the hill, it was melting even at night.

Attached: 20180102_204003 - Kopie.jpg (4128x3096, 4.05M)

Back from my vacation. Getting settled back in at home, catching up on sleep, et cetera. Have work to do this Saturday, so whether I go to my buddy’s hunting spot this weekend or next is yet to be determined. In the meantime, I figured I’d hit the points in the OP.

Last time I went camping was when I took the wife, kid, and the dogs to a local campground. I have a large six person tent so that we can set up our sleeping area and have plenty of room for our folding table and camp chairs with space left over for our gear and moving around. Also brought a metal pen for the dogs which formed a nice “porch” in front of the tent. I wanted to set up a tarp overhead to provide some shade and cover for said “porch” but the layout of the campground didn’t lend itself very well to doing so. We did do some light hiking as well, just a small pack for my kid’s food, snacks and water for the rest of us.

Back in ‘12 my brother and I did an overnighter the day after Christmas in 17F weather. That sucked something awesome.

I used to use my Kelty MAP3500 before a rat destroyed it trying to get to a Clif Bar. Nowadays I use either my Kelty Peregrine daypack or my Eberlestock Halftrack for longer durations. Clothing wise, I usually go with Carharrt, BDU, Vertx, or 5.11 pants, a polypro undershirt, Exo Ficcio boxer briefs, and Under Armour socks (Wolverine or Darn Tough Vermont merino wool anytime the temp drops.) Tops depend on the weather. Sometimes I’ll add a Magellan or Wrangler lightweight shirt to cover my arms from sun, or a warmer shirt jacket with a Columbia rain jacket over that for shittier weather. I’ve worn and still wear a Wolverine work jacket, Condor Summit, or North Face softshell in cold weather. Cotton kills, but I don’t worry about that in my South Texas summers. Winter time rolls around, and it starts raining every other day, I change my mind on that. I’m looking to get a set of nice merino wool long underwear for when things get really fucking cold.

I’ve been to Colorado, California, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Illinois, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, Louisiana, Oklahoma Arkansas, Missouri, and England.

Attached: C7E5D27D-E26A-42E7-8F15-9B692B5F6903.jpeg (750x450, 414.39K)

we all do, strelok, we all do
when i was a kid i told my aunt that red dawn is pretty much every mans dream, and she just looked at me like i had two heads or something

Only when it's the chinks or the norks. I do not wish to kill europeans.

im pretty sure the original is guatemalans or something like that, and the remake is norks

Tibet 2017. Notice how the high alt areas lack trees and only have grass. Some areas are also badlands although that's ~4000m above sea level. Can post more but need to find pictures. Some water is teal colored due to high mineral concentration.
I can't find the pic I took with the local Tibetan.
I can also post pictures of other places outdoors in China that used to look good that I've been to if interested.

Attached: IMG_20170727_165402.jpg (4160x3120 1.36 MB, 1.62M)

cont.

Attached: IMG_20170801_100553_LI.jpg (4160x3120 2.1 MB, 2.41M)

How long did it take you to adjust to the height?
Are you living in a mountainous region, or am I overestimating the effects of height?
t.has never been higher than 700m asl

I live near sea level actually. It's not bad if you bike. I'm a swim athlete so there's that Most people in our group got altitude sickness. I didn't because I'm kinda used to not having much oxygen while swimming. Out of our group of 21 I think I was the only one without effects. I still couldn't run up a hill as effectively as I could near sea level though. Hell, the doc thought something was wrong with his machine when I only had a hearbeat of 76 regular is 60 for me.
4000 ASL isn't bad, 5000 is. Local Tibetans don't go above 5000 much cause they get alt sickness with it and it screws there heart really bad. I think the average age there was ~50. Also sunglasses. People get cataracts at like ~20 there
Finally, we took the senic route, we start off at sea level, and our first mountain is 2000, followed by a descend down to ~1500, and then ascend up to 4000, back down to 3000 for most of the trip. If you want to be an athlete take the suicidal route the Qinhai->Tibet route is consistently at 5000-5600m. The easiest route is Yunnan->Tibet because it has a lot of jungle at the high altitude ~2000-3000 something metersish. I've traveled part of that route but not all of it as it merges into the Sichuan-> tibet route at one point.

The local tibetans tell us generally there are five rules:
Men suffer sickness worse then women
bulkier people suffer more than skinny ones
Tall people suffer more than short ones
E Asian< Central Asian

You actually feel the sickness at 5000m+ though. I got to see the N. Base camp for Everest and that's 5100 m ish. I also got to a lake thats 5200m+holy shit does it hurt to breath up there. Hell, even the 6 cylinder range rovers couldn't travel more than ~20km/hr at the peak.
I'd advise you not take a car, I'm not sure what the statistics are for whites but for Chinese there are ~10-20 deaths a year from that first 4000m mountain alone. Also, don't run, it appears that sudden heart failures/ heart attacks are really common there, even with locals. When the nearest hospital's +80km away on mountain roads, you don't want to take your chances.

Contribooting

Attached: IMG_20170422_182724424.jpg (3264x2448 1.96 MB, 1.49M)

Middle picture, where is that? What's that peak called?

Poorfags: you all want to get /out there, but no lurk fans of pic related adventure riding?? Just got my KLR 650 (digi camo bc ACU worked out so well) this year, currently using the winter to build it up a bit.
Fuck, at least IFF is easy, the skinwalkers will have to acquire their own bikes to blend.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum, other pic related is the cool leather bushycraft alternate lyfe I want to live when I’m not rubbing penis against the bike seat through my gorka suit

Attached: C5198BA3-246C-4694-B323-0006869672DD.png (1027x861 8.43 MB, 812.71K)

Looks like the picture was taken from somewhere on Gaustatoppen, looking South.

What said, went up Gaustatoppen. Didn't go hiking up it though, but would've loved to.

Thanks guys, looks fantastic.

4cuck's /out/ thinks goose down is a meme and has a very low threshold for posting, even if 4cuck wasn't a data mining shitheap its /out/ is unusable.

Got any more pics of that FAL?

Nice knife.

???

It's used as an insulating material in jackets, Cuckchan hates it for no good reason.

I should go take some more

Attached: IMG_20170702_054305372_HDR.jpg (2340x4160 3.48 MB, 4.22M)

I have been a Trails and Wilderness ranger for the past three years. If anyone has any questions, go ahead and ask.

Worst vandalism you've seen.

Tough one. People will use incendiary rounds to shoot through our road gates. Or pull them off the hinges with winches. Lots of graffitti and just buckshot on signs. Any vandalism having to do with smearing shit around is the worst though.

Any spooky things you've experienced?

Had lightning strike a tree incredibly close to camp once. Huge, earth shattering noise. I can't describe how loud it was. I really felt genuine fear in my stomach and it shook me up. When I hear thunder I still get scared.

Had a pretty spooky campout that I hiked out of in the Middle of the night beacuse of a strange guy, what I suspect may have been bears and some other factors.

Explain.

Attached: curious lionboy.png (250x250, 13.37K)

user…

I know it's not exactly Zig Forums's idea of innawoods but I went on a trip to Philmont last summer. Some of the most beautiful naturescapes I've ever seen.

Nice; go to any of the places with black powder?

Hey, me too! Theres a good chance that I will get to go back in 2019

Me chilling out innatown by the side of a road and a McDonald's

Attached: gas mask.jpg (1920x1080, 808.49K)

Russians aren't European anyway

They literally are. You however are a nigger, cheddar man.

Attached: DVdn8gVWsAAANVp.jpeg (467x534, 82.85K)

Looking forward to going to the forests a couple hours away and camping for a few nights when I get the cash. Hopefully enjoy some fresh venison too.

I find it interesting that the people most likely to be considered weaker (small framed, stick figured asian women) are the ones most likely to survive on the highest points of mountains by genetics alone, and I think I understand why- they need less of everything, which fits where there is less of the same.

Your baitfu a shit.

easy there schlomo

Attached: vWmKJlB.jpg (3800x1904, 1.83M)

Still trying to make a beard like that, luckily I gray easily.

Thread has been rather quiet lately, so I'll contribute some pictures from a recent short camp.

Have another overnight camp planned for next month, hopefully with more pictures.

Attached: camp_night.jpg (3264x2448 58.69 KB, 4.3M)

Bumb

That 'tent' doesn't look comfortable, but the fire sure does looks warm
Are you a malayan nigger or a sarawak dayak?

Lean to is meant for rain, not sleeping. But it always rains when I set up and not after.
malayan
pic related

Attached: 28870262_1204104103055355_6493917837330401730_n.jpg (600x701, 50.23K)

Darum hab ich vor bald nach Amerika zu gehen.
Soviel Land mit keiner Menschenseele weit und breit.