*sinks whole american navy*

Attached: 417B789C00000578-4612334-image-a-28_1497663337556.jpg (470x641, 95.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/1S8sI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (192x95, 4.04K)

Attached: 557484787563856385.jpg (1600x900, 171.5K)

ohgodwhat

/thread

Oh God, did it happen again?

*sinks entire 5th and 6th fleets*

Attached: iranian wunderwaffe.jpg (725x476, 94.78K)

First officer, what is *that* and what is it doing on my ship?

it has an uncanny resemblance to some of the special ed kids we avoided in elementary school, the violent down syndrome kids were preferred to them

Oh shit, you're right, I remember a girl in grade three who looked a lot like that, once you adjust for age. I'd forgotten about her for a long time.
My school didn't do separate special ed classes, so she got shoved in normal classes with the rest of us. I distinctly remember her being assigned to my group for a discussion activity, and she just sat there exaggeratedly eating out of her used kleenex. I'm pretty sure they started segregating the special ed students after that year, since there were a couple of them in that class I never saw again.

I remember one was some kind of egyptian jew and had the skin color of an old skid mark on white underwear. He had some form of autism but other than that he was just plain repulsive. the most distinguishing feature of his was these big kang nigger ears that were so thin that even indoor lightning would shine through and you could see splotches of ear wax caked on at varoius spots. This being before I even knew about pol and was thinking like the average kumbaya singing color blind fucks I would always avoid skid mark skin people because of him and would point out to my friends which one I thought had autism. Sure enough 2 seconds of questioning and they came back witn "Yep autism. How did you know?"

Attached: 383px-Harry_S_Truman,_bw_half-length_photo_portrait,_facing_front,_1945-crop[1].jpg (383x480, 28.09K)

Attached: Lt. Gen. Paul Van Riper.jpg (800x1000, 236.97K)

Too soon….

Attached: 1031562311_p.jpg (199x250, 12.49K)

So what would happen if we replaced all of our ships with cargo freighters?
Would they all run into each other, or would we become undisputed rulers of the seas?

If they were still called Navy then they'd probably start sinking one another

We'll call it the Federation of Faggot Freighters.
I mean, that's just another way of saying US Navy anyway.

This isnt funny. We depend on the navy for prevention of WWIII, protection of profuct prices, and global dominance. Having niggers and faggots ruin our military isshameful and frightening, not funy.

Have you taken a look at the world lately? If you truly comprehend how far down the shitter we've gone, the only way to stay sane is to laugh at it all.

Attached: such_illogical_feels.jpg (368x420, 19.07K)

*sinks whole American navy*

Attached: 622px-Isoroku_Yamamoto.jpg (622x899, 91.55K)

See
Everything's a joke. I stopped caring a couple years ago and I'm probably the happiest I've been since I was in elementary school despite knowing the world is going to shit.

Attached: 13256231557.jpg (540x358, 45.21K)

Ok, that is legit funny

Attached: 1459352990855.gif (200x254, 1.37M)

What do you mean, "What is that?" That's Louisa Mashengo.

Attached: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu 042.mp4_snapshot_02.38_[2017.12.15_00.13.29].jpg (960x720, 268.79K)

Attached: yang garrison logh.mp4 (960x720, 1.52M)

You've on the money there. The thing about being the Global Hegemon is you've got to have a bigger logistics and force projection arm than seems reasonable in any other scenario, basically you have to maintain the (appearance of the) ability to successfully invade pretty much anywhere, which means a massive navy. As a modern navy requires pretty much every seaman to be technically skilled that requires a top-tier education system focused on STEM just to make sure you can man it properly. America, having a large population could do that, but your academics would rather write essays about how white men are subhuman rape demons. If America can't fix its education system your navy will continue to crumble (if it's gotten bad enough to get into the MSM then it's been crumbling for a few decades already), once your navy goes your force projection and logistics is dead, once that happens your influence and power on the world stage won't last long and you'll see someone else fill that spot and start treating the US the way the US treats other countries at the moment.

I thought the rum ration was forbidden.

Sure

*sinks whole American navy*

Attached: 27135-004-AAE5D4FF.jpg (413x300, 16.6K)

My dudes.

If that makes you any happier, least you ain't Western Europe.

You could have at least pointed out the size of the explosives he was using on the speedboats.

America could fix its education system overnight if they eliminated government student loans and FAFSA/similar government grants. It would both get rid of the SJWs who can't rely on daddy's money, and it would make schooling cheap enough for your average Joe to afford it without financial assistance. That'd cut too much into Student Debt which is one of the ways the government is funding itself though.

Thats a lie.

His lightspeed communication were literal light signals and wired telephone lines, which Blue chose to interpret as "lightspeed bikes" because retards on Blue team couldnt conceive of a communication method other than a radio and got pissed when their radio locating equipment was useless.

Also I like how you ignore they refloated the fleet multiple times.

First he sunk the fleet with missiles Iran has access to, then they refloated it and sait it was unfair. Then he sunk the fleet with suicide speedboats, a valid tactic used by Iran, then they refloated it because its unfair.
Third time it was refloated, Red was forced to accept a beachhead, was banned from shooting down Blue aircraft, and was forced to expose positions of all Red units so they could be shot.

Sounds fair you quad nigger.

Exercises on that scale cost hundreds of millions of dollars to setup and run. Why is there always one retard who thinks it's somehow unfair that the Navy didn't say "well that's that" and go home fifteen minutes into a two-week exercise just because they lost?

So you admit he fairly won several times and USN only won after heavily scripting his response?

Because thats all we are saying nigger

I think a lot of the aggravation comes from the fact that they didn't seem to learn anything from it. It would be one thing if they kept restarting the exercise and getting excited about all the new techniques they were discovering and then altered doctrine as a result of the exercise. Instead they gave the impression of just being mad that the exercise didn't demonstrate what they wanted it to demonstrate.

This. In the end it turned from exercise to scripted wankfest over how well they performed

This. It would be a different story if they kept restarting, or told Van Riper "alright, we need to hold the land excursion/live fire exercise, so on this day we're going to assume we somehow managed to get ashore in order to test those concepts" but instead it came across as the military getting butthurt that they didn't get an automatic win leading to heavy scripting to assure congressional welfare.

Link related from a year later was likely one of the many direct results of the military being butthurt and not actually overviewing their doctrine/future technologies: archive.fo/1S8sI

Attached: 1510456713611-1.jpg (1000x1000, 705.93K)

I've never said otherwise. Who are you imagining that you're talking to?

That wasn't the point of the exercise, though. The Navy already had a bunch of techniques dreamed up that they wanted to test and they ended up all getting crowbarred into MC2002, and testing that much shit against a single enemy required the enemy following what turned out to be a completely ridiculous gimmicked script.

Van Riper met the original intention of the challenge rather than the political rat-king it turned out to be once every single department got their own special interests added. That was why the Navy grabbed a retired guy, so he wouldn't feel any political pressure to validate what the Navy wanted him to validate, and they got mad when he gave them what they wanted.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Attached: usncollisionrouletteshittydraft.png (1442x4400, 6.08M)

they'd have won the war if they didn't half ass it. actually sink the Navy, the repair facilities, and the oil reserves and US Pacific fleet was done for half a decade.

Did they even fire at the ships before they were an heroing into them? Every kamikaze footage seems to have them simply flying into ships without firing MGs at them.

Interesting. I wasn't really aware of that aspect.
Still seems wacky, but I don't really have the background to critique it.

You have it backwards: the wargame only allowed for electronic communications, so the red team simulated things like couriers and face-to-face meetings using landline phones (the only means of communication they were allowed that didn't involve radio transmissions) and a timer. The landlines themselves were destroyed early in the exercise.

The official report actually came to the exact same conclusion, so for the next exercise they did the same exact shit, but with an active officer in charge of red team this time so they could bully him into cooperating.

… please read a book. there were no kamikaze attacks at pearl harbor. they weren't even that common in the whole of the war, it was a desperation tactic at the end.

It's always the way in politics. Solution A would solve many problems and lead to a 100% improvement for just about everyone involved. However implementing Solution A would mean removing Shitty Decisions W, X, Y, and Z - and asides from the embarrassment of admitting that these Shitty Decisions aren't in fact wonderful, we kind of need the money those Shitty Decisions bring in.

It's perfectly in character for the USA though, as I said they NEED to maintain the illusion of an invincible military might in order to maintain their political position. Hence when the UK Royal Navy was running joint exercises with the USN to test our new air defence frigates & missiles (that were able to wipe out the air arm of an entire USN carrier group while shooting down the ASM fired at them before they became a problem) the USN declared that the new ships were making it impossible to run the sims (designed to test the new ships) and demanded they be sent back to harbour.

By maintaining the illusion America makes it impossible to adequately improve their military, maintaining that illusion will eventually destroy Americas position in the world.

Didn't they have to inject shit tons of methamphetamines and other hard drugs into the pilots just to convince them to crash the plane?

You and I know we're not going to go out that way lad, going out in a blaze of glory only hindered by our incredibly outdated equipment and tactics is just too good a fate for us.
No, they have much worse plans for America, a slow death kind of like your country's but much more damaging and leading to far more loss of life because we are better and more importantly bigger than you. It's not WW3 I'm worried about, in a twisted way there is honor in that. It is the hundreds of these tiny stupid proxy wars fighting against our own interests while subversive elements continue to chip away at us that I am actually worried about.

How do you destroy landlines? Theyre undetectible…

Modern western ASM are designed to be carried by multirole fighters, which means a size limitation. Size limitation means subsonic speeds and tiny 100kg warheads. Subsonic ASM are inferior to target drones that air defenses can knock down by hundreds, and you need several hits with 100kg warheads to sink a frigate.

However if we make 500kg+ warhead supersonic missiles, they would be too big to mount on fighters, so the entire carrier blue water combat concept goes out the window and we have Russia-style fleets…

No empire survives overextension. If there's a reason for Afghanistan being the graveyard of empires, it isn't because it in and of itself is a massive challenge, it's that once you have to get committed to warring in Afghanistan, a place that you can derive little in material gain from due to its natural barriers, you've already overextended yourself and are fighting battles of political theatre rather than realistic objective.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (700x300, 426.8K)

That's almost certainly the way things are going to go down. If nothing else WW3 destroys the markets and infrastructure the elite need to maintain their lifestyles. You'll probably see some serious Balkanization in the USA once you stop being useful as well. Even with a hamstrung military and neutered industrial arm you're too big to be left intact.

Could you not get similar Anti-ship effect out of the railguns they're testing now, at a much lower cost? Even if you couldn't I would quite enjoy the rebirth of Dreadnoughts and oversized Monitors.

Railguns have a variety of flaws that make them unworkable as anything but a ridiculously expensive shorter range tomahawk replacement.

So no practical, 21st century, BVR, gun based capital ships?

Attached: Mega Sad, I has one.png (400x311, 191.46K)

They'll just find another market.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x360, 342.55K)

Maybe something with CLGGs, combined with those refit ideas for the Montana-class. It would be more effective than modern carriers, but a bunch of fast and cheap smaller boats would be better than both.

Not if the elites have a say about it.

Oh yes, If anyone was actually trying to rebuild a modern navy a collection of smaller ships carrying a handful of (decent) ASM and the necessary radar to fire them, maybe with a handful of SAM equipped ships and C&C vessels in the squadron would be cheaper and much more effective.

Once the nukes start flying I think it's safe to say they've lost control

As said, the future is CLGG and autocannons, not railmemes and GAYsers. Or at least that would be an actually useful evolutionary path. Honestly, at this point our best bet is that I manage to take over Hungary and build a few monitors with CLGGs. They'd work pretty well on the Danube as mobile firebases that can cover most of the country. And you can build relatively large ships that can go down on the Danube and out to the open sea.

Attached: Lajta_Monitor_az_újraszentelés_után.JPG (CLGG.pdf)

They're in control of the nukes and will never fire them. That's a pact with the elites of the other nations. Endless proxy wars to control the plebs and for profit where it can be found.

If we're going to go for a hacky future from fiction could it not at least be Starship Troopers? If it's got to be dystopian then even Brave New World would be an improvement over 1984.

Attached: Fuck this gay earth.jpg (1280x720, 166.82K)

CLGG are for anti ship and coastal bombardments. Lasers for anti air and anti missile. Can't dodge, or counteract a light speed beam that's hotter than surface of the sun.

so you dont want to restoreyour glorious empire, eh?

Attached: Jaki_Pedal.gif (238x330, 36.06K)

then we put mirrors on our missiles and planes
checkmate
vid unrelated

Attached: Capybara vs Dog.webm (1244x700, 3.83M)

Eh, the Empire was less about that and more about trade & taxes, and rubbing Frances nose in it, and filling British museums with artwork and artefacts that other people can't be trusted to look after properly, and numerous failed attempts to export civilisation to places that hadn't quite cracked it yet.

Attached: Britain should apologise ....jpg (1200x1200, 157.21K)

At least they had an empire, or a real country.

Attached: the_man_who_sold_canada.jpg (375x480, 22.6K)

Shit now I want to see a mirror plated plane before I die.

Your entire "empire" was kiked the moment William brought the judenry in. Imagine what good those resources could actually have been put to, if your people weren't betrayed into serfdom.

How are you enjoying that at the moment Burger? Or do you think that not getting President Clinton the 2nd made you a free man again?

The first step is admitting you have a problem. You need not beg for mercy here, for the threat lies elsewhere. Simply seek to solve the issue however you can.

Eh, just pointing out that Americans are the last people to be pointing fingers on that topic.

I think we should save the bickering over who's fault it is for after we get rid of the juden causing the problems.
Everyone is fucked over by the kikes.

The way western countries are going is making Warhammer 30k to look like utopistic fiction instead of dystopian fiction. Sage for offtopic.

To be honest this cargo ship bullshit is probably part of it too. The Chinese know that the USN in the region is worked to exhaustion compounded with that old joke about the lighthouse, so to them it is probably worth it to lose a cargo ship or two. That shit is insured but at the same time they continue to humiliate the US, which Mockingbird slurps right up since the chinese, the media, and the US government itself have the same boss. So the US government overworks the good people and puts the retards in power, all the chinese have to do is pilot their ship and rely on the USN leadership to be as predictable as always, and the media is always there to start screaming and making everyone know how horrible the US military is. Leads to distrust by allies, distrust by the american people (which fans the flames of a plethora of things designed to chip away at the US stateside) and overall just makes us looks like a joke.

Won't do shit against IR lasers.

In 30k you at least had a real live god(like) Pinnacle of humanity forging a perfect society spanning the stars. I don't think it will get as bad as 30k, or 40k for that matter, though. People are just starting to realise what's happening and oppose it. Autists here on Zig Forums may have been ahead of the pack on that conclusion, and unhappy that the response is not as energetic or focused as they would like, but things are likely to improve over the next few generations, probably too late for me and thee though. If that sounds unlikely then think about it, as things get worse and worse a larger number of people will be calling for more drastic action, governments must either yield to the will of the people (fixing at least a part of the problem) or clamp down on it (redpilling pretty much everyone and costing the state in question any claim of legitimacy) which would lead to more rapid - if less predictable - change. The wheels are already turning. This period will go down in history as a backwards step, but also a lesson learned.

user, take a IR cam and point it to the next window. You will see on the monitor an idiot pointing the IR cam to the window
Yeah that's what's needed to defeat the "EYEAARRR" laser, a simple piece of glass
>ib4 muh not IR IR that passes glass, hint there are materials that will refelect / disspate /absorb the beam long enough to make the thing behind still a threat

I always found it rather hilarious that as much as science fiction loves to believe that lasers will be the standard weapons of the future they seem to be kind of useless for anything other than ranging and target designation. No matter how much energy and engineering you put into your LASOR the same amount of energy and engineering applied to a solid projectile will make a better weapon for a lower cost.

Roll

The idea originally comes from stories where the combat was taking place in hard vacuum at astronomical ranges. In that scenario a "projectile" travelling at the universe's speed limit has some real advantages, especially if you don't have to worry about atmospheric diffusion or diffraction. Also older, harder science fiction stories were very much informed by the practical rocketry and optimism about nuclear power of the time. From that perspective shipboard mass can be more logistically precious than shipboard power.

Fair points, but when it gets to the point where every infantryman is carrying a collection of laser weapons, and you can buy a laser pistol in most bars, it becomes increasingly silly.

See
CLGGs are good for fucking up big targets/artillery substitution, but lasers are super accurate- you can shoot down a target the size of a coke can from dozens of miles away with no way of tracing it prior to impact other than the heat wave produced by it (military lasers are "invisible" to the naked eye). The range is expected to practically expand into the hundreds in the next couple decades. Honestly I want microwave cannons that boil enemies/enemy vehicles from the inside to be a thing, but maybe I'm asking for too much.

Would need to be pretty powerful since it'll get melted before it can properly reflect.

Energy weapons were never meant to be more powerful than projectiles- they're meant to be more accurate, more controllable, have virtually zero recoil, and (generally outside of the fallout-style universes) be lighter than solid projectiles. It's like comparing apples and oranges- you aren't gonna use traditional projectiles in a near-zero gravity environment or vacuum because of the recoil systems needed to prevent your ship from careening into the abyss of space, or you're going to use it because the laser is barely effected by wind current and such, meaning you can shoot it at a small target from extreme distances without having to compensate the shot for environmental factors. It's the idea of trading damage at high mass for speed/accuracy at low mass.

How do you plan to counteract the effects of atmosphere on the laser beam? Your laser gets less and less effective pretty quickly

It's like a lot of things: something is created a certain way for good reasons but as it ages people keep doing things the same way out of inertia without knowing why they started doing it that way in the first place.

1. lasers are only about 10% efficient, meaning there is ten times more thermal emergy that has to be dealt with by the firing ship than the target.
2. lasers are attenuated by atmosphere. something like fog makes them useless, same problem with rain.
3. since the missile only needs to survive a few minutes, it is childs play to layer that much ablative armor (wet cork) on its surface.

Railguns and lasers are useless for the forseeable future. Im sure in 10,000 years the problems will be solved, but were looking ay major modifications to laws of physics before they are useful.

roll

A ship floats in the world's biggest reservoir of coolant. Just use the whole hull as a heatsink.

You can't armor the control surfaces and sensors, and if the missile doesn't have those then it's not going to be maneuvering much so you can just paste it with a missile of your own. Lasers aren't a universal solution for point defense but they're a really good part of a system.

Even anti tank missiles have them. And besides simple countermeasures, you havent really addressed the weather issue which is way more important on the sea. There are days in spring when every single day theres a massive fog.
So massive capacitors, power drain, slow refire rate, use the ocean as a heatsink, and still have to use a missile to take out a target? Kind of expensive for a whole lot of nothing.

My point is that nine feet of wet cork isn't a counter to anything because existing systems can defend against something flying straight and blind. I didn't comment on weather issues because I don't know much about it.

Do they work for hypersonic glide vehicles?

Would the massive heat signature make it any more obvious than it already would be?

try a quarter inch.

lasers arent as powerful as you seem to think…

Thats corporate buzzwords. If you mean a maneuvering ballistic missile warhead, then yes.

For example this is THEL. Notice thag all that equipment can only track ballistic projectiles, and needs significant time on target to destroy even unprotected targets.
A shipborne variant LADS has only been proven on 60mm shells, a very small, unarmored, non maneuvering target. And it stops 60mm mortars at a whopping range of ~550m in good weather.
Another system on USS Ponce has only been tested against flimsy UAVs.

They have never been tested against current hellfires, mavericks or harpoons, so I doubt modern lasers would dent a properly protected hypersonic missile.

Attached: THEL-CONOPS-2S.jpg (768x614, 331.92K)