Family Photos and next acquisition ideas

It's been awhile since I saw one of these, post your guns and what you want to do next. I'm having a hard time choosing between saving a ton of old sporterized military rifles from fools' collections and getting an AKM and m14/clone or maybe a PTR.

I fell in love with Mausers after selling my Mosin and suddenly want to get into all sorts of old bolt actions. Any suggestions for high priority? The French Berthier, Jap Arisaka or another Mauser would always be nice, but I don't have the money to just nab everything.

Attached: IMG_20180129_164248938_LL[1].jpg (4160x3120, 3.41M)

Pretty good taste there Strelok

I respect the a2 and am painfully jealous of your 74….
Gud Cold War funz

If you like the FAL, you'll love a PTR91, I own a GIR and it's righteous….

No .22 for a fun plinking gun?
No 870?
If it's bolt action you seek is it hard/pricey to find a good W+F Bern K31 in the US?

Attached: you.jpg (645x773, 56.13K)

Do this. Milsurp only ever gets more scarce and more expensive. PTR and ((Springfield)) aren't going out of business anytime soon.

I keep forgetting to pick up my old Marlin 60 carbine from my family's house. Thanks for the reminder. I think something in .303Brit is better than the K31 as I still have a pile of .303 caliber reloading supplies from when my dad passed.

I'd take a GI with green plastic or wood. the rail really kills the aesthetic to me.

It's an old Colt HBAR A2 receiver that I got for a steal and rebuilt to old specs too. All I'm missing is a bayonet for her

Might as well share my guns.
>Babby's first AR PSA Upper and parts kits, Aero lower, cheapo NCStar optic
The Saiga and 75 are back in commiefornia with my parents. Thought they might need them just in case. However with commiefornia's bullshit, I'm thinking of bring my Saiga over to where I live now. Might convert it when I do.
As for new acquisitions, i've been thinking about milsurp pistols or maybe a FAL or G3 clone. Depends on my funds and how well I can hide said new acquisitions from my folks when they come visit. Don't want to get into an argument about wasting my money on guns. Might just stop with what I have if need be.

Attached: Guns 2.JPG (4320x2432 3.04 MB, 3.58M)

good taste, I'd love to get a Cz75b and 82. I've been moved out and all that for awhile so it's really just down to self control. it's so tempting, but having a slush fund so you don't get indebt when something happens like a blown engine or tranny, car crash or surgery doesn't kill you financially.

exactly how shit is that gun? because it looks fucking retarded.

It's basically a subcompact cz 75. Shoots pretty good. Going to take it for some more range time this weekend, but haven't had problems so far.

An Enfield and/or a Springfield 1903.
Also >Sporterised
NYET, RIFLE IS FINE

Why not both? :^)

Attached: M1917_US.jpg (1600x750, 159.26K)

Strelok, you didn't read quite well enough. "Saving" Sporterized Surplus Rifles means finding them original stocks, removing stupid modifications and repairing damages. It's a well cherished tradition.

bolt guns are profoundly satisfying to use. i love little bolt carbines the most.

nice selfie

remington shills everybody

Attached: yfw.PNG (271x241, 152.12K)

Heres me gats

Attached: 4E5A99C5-E835-489A-876C-5857BBCB5A73.jpeg (1280x758, 115.22K)

She'll be fine in no time. The 'Mum is fudged but the bluing and rifling is great

Attached: JPEG_20180130_141319.jpg (4160x3120, 1.57M)

fecken fudds, man…

That rail looks like the heaviest shit in the world. And I use heavy barrels.
What is it because I'm certain I need it now you know for a zero recoil build but doing it the hard way all for shits and giggles

Pretty sure I've already posted my revolver carbines.

Attached: 71_20An_20Old_20Silly_20Face.jpg (439x539, 30.9K)

Ur right its heavy af Im gonna be getting a lighter one.
Its an HK MR308/762 A3-G28. That rail only comes for the G28 version since its a DMR build. It has little to no recoil but good luck holding for longer than a few seconds. it weights about 15lbs empty

dear god my man Nice gats though

I had honestly no idea you could get that shit in krautland. How obscenely expensive is that/how easy for the average joe to aquire are guns in the fatherland?

Not fudds. Japs would file off the little flower to deprive filthy gaijin of the emperors power. My great grandfather has one with the same blemish. Nice rifles, regardless.

Its more the emperors property with the mum on it. Nothing like having someone tell me I had stolen imperial property as a kid.

I got it for 1500 EUR with store discounts

I guess I'm going to have to start shooting 3gun… I hate 3gun.

Attached: 23b28bac43a2affd3d7031e9091f6ea958a438b695166c585f087371b940ad40.png (586x456, 60.78K)

I hate it. I don't want some dickhead with a stopwatch standing behind me telling me how many shots I get to take, and what distance I have to shoot at. I just want to do some comfy plinking and improve my accuracy.

Attached: i know that feel, bro.png (500x461, 31.35K)

Attached: family.jpg (1632x918, 140.27K)

Whats with that AR? I've never seen such a short gas system on what looks like a carbine length barrel.

what in tarnation is that handguard

that's a normal carbine gas system

It's the other way around, I believe. Carbine length gas system, and a 16 inch barrel. Or, at least, so someone else's told me.
Might look a touch shorter since I wrapped the excess sling around the front lot.

I can't identify the flag

Why do people do this? It's basically "I want an M4 knockoff but I don't want to pay for the SBR tax stamp."
The fact that the bayonet doesn't fit properly is just the cherry on the shit sundae.

does it matter? It's still arabic.

Because he probably just wanted a thing that goes bang and might have been on sale It's getting easier to find mids sure but manufacturers are still being autistic retards about their barrels.

Because the lot was already attached and very cheap.

Only been collecting for a couple years, still got plenty more to go.
Next I'd like to pick up either a Walther-P38 or (preferably) a Luger for my nat soc larping needs, some sort of .357 revolver, and a bolt-action that shoots .308.
There's a gun show in town this weekend but I'll be working 10 hour shifts both days. Alas

Attached: group pic.jpg (1080x608, 344.45K)

Got this today, not what I usually buy, but it’s neat and I don’t have any revolvers, made somewhere between 73-75.

Attached: D4FCCF39-18F0-49C8-8CE0-BF4D888ED7AC.jpeg (4032x3024, 1.93M)

What the fuck, user? That makes them rot faster, for fuck's sake.

That’s the picture the seller sent me. Not sure why he didn’t just move the bananas but it made me kek

Best taste of the thread tbh.

The bananas are for scale, user.

ayyyy

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 1008.69K)

Hey reddit

What?

Its not much. Actually its a complete meme mess.

>Beretta ARX 100 because left handed
>S&W59 because metal gear solid 3 and Illinois highway patrol trade in with dead night sights
>used Calico liberty 50 because I wouldn't let my memes be dreams
>Weatherby PA-08 because NRA raffle

I have a Burris 3x prism sight for the ARX, just haven't mounted it because I want to git gud with irons first. I need some sort of laser/light gimmick for the calico because it came with the rail. After that, I want some form of revolver, 1911, AK and G3 pattern rifle. Probably also something in .22lr

Attached: 20180203_141317[1].jpg (5312x2988, 4.59M)

Fuck I didn't notice the shelf full of nerf guns crept into the shot.

Attached: Bizzare Lewis.jpg (346x416, 12.04K)

show it faggot

Let's see the REAL firepower, fucko

People actually win NRA raffles? I've entered a billion of the fucking things and never get dick

Show it kid

Suddenly the reason why all of my funs are plastic gimmick crap becomes a bit more clear.

It was actually won by someone who didn't need/want it and sold it brand new to the LGS which sold it for $299

Attached: 20180203_162117[1].jpg (5312x2988, 4.76M)

I miss mine so much.
Really want to get one and mount picatinny rails to it and put some disgusting expensive optic for shits and giggles. Imagine seeing it with a Schmidt and Bender 24x6000 retard nigger combination telescope/atom splitter

It's pretty hard to get guns in the UK so you have to resort to smuggling, managed to get one of these the other day.

Attached: nothing personal.jpg (380x380, 6.21K)

I had the longshot and that revolver-like thing in the bottom right

>used Calico liberty 50 because I wouldn't let my memes be dreams

Attached: god i wish that were me.jpg (600x176, 12.4K)

newfags think that Banana for scale only comes from reddit.

this strelok knows whats up

Attached: 1427077554996.jpg (500x444, 37.82K)

btw, anyone remember these?

Attached: doubleshot.jpeg (500x254 20.84 KB, 18.4K)

smh

not an HK USP 45.

Not pictured: 91/59 Mosin I practically got for a nothing

Attached: 21458667_1600839936657828_1706220805_o.jpg (705x627 298.74 KB, 171.61K)

If I don't find anything cool at the next gun show, next purchase is gonna be a wash between a Mak, a Calico, and a Type 84s that have been taunting me on Armslist for the past month or two

Attached: 21556912_1600840346657787_572628125_o.jpg (1436x1304 560.96 KB, 785.15K)

Attached: 69E3A44B-68D9-4F6B-B0A7-AA92F4E298E1.png (750x1334, 1.75M)

Some nice gons you got strelok, care to explain what the fuck is under your chinsks? I would guess some sort of Mauser carbine. But is that a fucking tube magazine, with a Mauser action?

If only I had a dollar for every time someone asked me about mine…

Well you don’t, so if you know what it is just say it, strelok.

4lbs, folds in half, takes glawk mags, 100% reliable with brass/steel & ~95% with aluminium. What's not to like?

FR 8. Cetme in the front, Mauser in the back. It uses a Cetme front sight base (albeit in the wrong order) but since it's a bolt gun the tube just has a cleaning kit.

Neato, never heard of a Cetme before I thought you frankengunned a Mauser carbon with something. fucking great thanks user, yet another fucking Mauser to add to my collection list

How do you like that Judge?

what receiver is your FAL built on/who built it?

It's the German flag.

Attached: FB1DD996-1933-40E6-8D27-12AD27BF87B9.jpeg (632x483, 303.01K)

>no one has posted a squad auto mine is semi unfortunately
Why must yall be like this?

Good taste confirmed. Thinking about getting some new night sights from Trijicon.

Attached: muhkids2.jpg (2336x1752, 1.53M)

DSA SA 58, I really want to get an Inch pattern though.

Gee Bill, how come mom lets you have TWO Garands? I rate "Needs more battle rifles/10"

You need an Ak74 strelok, I think you'd love em.

you're a classicist, nice collection.
What brand is the A2?

Attached: BIN IT.PNG (577x625, 556.28K)

It's alright. I probably wouldn't have gotten one if it wasn't such a good deal. I do like to load it with shotshells and take it camping/hiking to deal with pests of both the four and two legged variety.

If it makes you feel better one of the Garands in a .308. Tbh I haven't seen an FAL for sale locally in many moons and my buddy has a PTR, can't say I'm a fan.

Order up something from DSA, I love my SA58. For some reason, I really like the idea of a .308 Garand

Colt HBAR Sporter 2

The M14/M1A?

It needs that ping though strelok plus enblocs are fucking cool

Attached: 1460695764527-4.jpg (500x500, 27.3K)

No, m8, you’re about 11% too high. London is only 45% British not 56%.

Thing of getting a vz 585 or a type 81 soon. Any of leafs know anything about them? I was leaning more toward the type 81 because

Attached: D75C4C5C-477A-47FA-BA84-95A8C6ECB023.jpeg (2868x1092 84.25 KB, 457.17K)

the type 81 is genuinely a better rifle than both the VZ 58 and in most ways the AKM.

Short stroke gas piston, rotating bolt.
about same weight as most ak type rifles but with more of that weight being in the bolt carrier giving it softer recoil and making far more reliable in full auto.
better placement of fire selector similar to AR

also you can use rifle grenades so thats fun.

my biggest complain is chinese build quality, all the working parts are sturdy and well machined but things like the pistol grip feel like an after throught; for example there is a sharp edge where the folding stock meets the reciver your hand will get caught on if you dont know about it

also using soviet style rails would have been nice, chinese scopes clamp onto reciver near barrel trunion

I don’t much like the look of the rear sight but I can get over it.
Are you talking about the type 63 or the type 81? We can’t have full autos at all. Or are you just pointing out the pluses of the type 63 because it’s pretty much the exact same gat?
I would prefer the AK style but I’ll live.
Again
Or is there something I don’t know about, and a way to get rifle grenades?
I was worried about that too, it’s why I refused to buy a Chink sks because I’ve Hear the quality is hit or miss on them.
It’s possible to get a quad-rail replacement Handgaurd, but I like using irons.
My only beef with the type 81 is that the only company that sells them only ships out orders once or twice a year so I’ll have to wait until spring to get one, which is kind of an issue for me, but that’s not the gun’s fault.

Oh and do any streloks know if you can get a type 81 bayonet? It seems to have a lug but I believe the type 63s had an sks fixed bayonet

they are hard to find but come up now and again im looking for one right now

BUT BEWARE the majority online are fake.
they look almost the same but they are super shit they come usualy in a white box with a pla symbol on it, the fakes are comonly sold for 80-100$

be very careful you do not buy a fake

most noticible differences is the star on the button of the sheeth is slightly different as well as a few other smaller details.

never seen a fake up too close

but why tho
Is it an original Navy conversion, or a post-surplus job?

VZ's are light as fuck, T81's are front heavy as fuck.

AK bayonets will fit provided you mill out the ring on em.

Dummy grenades are legal, chink SKS's are built on soviet tooling. Magazines for the T81 are slightly different than AK mags and do need some work to make em fit.

But how much sticks past the Grenade launcher attachment?
Meh.
I’ve just heard that half are shit half are good.
Yeah but then the bolt won’t stay open, besides all I need is a drill bit to get a 30 round mag. Of course I would never do that because it’s illegal and our laws are just and fair, and I condemn anyone dastardly enough to drill out the safety pins!

To a home machinist a dummy grenade is a working platform for FUN and Imagination.
Eyeballing it about 4"
With regards to converting the magazine over you can go the extra step and modify the follower to engage the BHO which I loath given it doesn't have a no magazine button to engage it, you've gotta stick your finger innaaction.

But that would be illegal, strelok :’)
Not sure why you started talking about AK mags because I never mentioned using them. Last post I referred to drilling out the fun pin in the type 81 mags because they’re 30 rounds. But that would be illegal strelok :’)

The wooden furniture is pure garbage.
I own a MAK-90. It has about 6 moa accuracy on a good day. Horrible accuracy.

I thought Norinco was banned in the US? Also I heard their M14’s are fairly good.

We have Norinco rifles floating around as "collectibles" that old faggots bitch at you for actually firing and using instead of using as investments.
Generally crap accuracy that goes unnoticed because nobody actually fires theirs, but it cycles everything just fine.

Norinco M14s are just about as good as nu-Springfield M1As if not slightly better - but that's not saying much, since Springfield has theirs cast in the Philippines and assembled in the US.
Polytech is the prebuilt you'd want over all, but these days people have the option of building their own from parts and more trustworthy receivers.

Attached: 1313212953364.jpg (540x332, 56.8K)