Motorcycles

Just post pics of your bikes here (if you own one.) I’m looking into getting a bike, something that’s easy for a beginner. I want to get my class m, but what are some good companies to choose? My friend is gonna help me learn how to ride one too.

Attached: 18F4CE8C-CD18-4608-BDB3-6DDBEE0C2546.jpeg (750x444, 484.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Česká_zbrojovka_Strakonice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jawa_Moto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Damn, I forgot to put this under hobbies.

DATAMINING THREAD

What does that mean?

Attached: 293.JPG (650x463, 72.82K)

What type is that?

Ural Motorcycle with sidecar

Is that legal?

Yes.

The Ural, the best motorcycle for innawoods activities ever.

It's a Russian copy of the BMW R71 that used to be cheap on the surplus market. What's so great about it?

They can take hilarious amounts of abuse and neglect and generally will go anywhere you dare to take them. I mean I've only changed the oil in mine since I bought it seven years ago. The only downside is you've gotta be real fucking on ball if you're ever going to change the gears.

no bully

Attached: not my bike but I can't be arsed to go take a picture of mine.jpg (640x480, 127.67K)

I now want to own a motorcycle.

How do you escape from the emus with that?

Buy a V-Star 650.

Pretty easily, emus can only sprint at about 50km/h. If we'd had a couple of guys with Lewis guns on postie bikes back during the Emu War, things would've gone a lot differently.

Attached: Chinese bicycle troops, drive-by shooting with SKS riflemen.jpg (750x503, 48.78K)

I like it.

eh. Redo your jpegs to not have anything important, and the dataminers learn… we have bikes?

Seems safe enough.

Attached: Bike.png (668x440, 68.82K)

lmao

I want to get a honda super-cub once I save up enough money; it's cheap, commonly found in japan, and it would make for a comfy solo-camp trip I need to find myself a gf with a fuckable bun

Attached: supercub 2.jpeg (907x605 175.7 KB, 99.47K)

Do it. They're great little things with a ported motor, just don't expect the fuel economy to be what it was.

Not sure what your picture of mid-life crisis looks like that 50mpg and built-in hardbags meets that definition, but this is my grown up bike.

The ZX-1200R was the midlife crisis bike.

There is no shame in having a cute bike

Why the fuck don't we get fun comics in our bike manuals in America? All I have in mine is bland cg models. The only Japanese in the whole thing is in a picture of the radiator cap.

Attached: rebel 500.jpg (480x360, 31.98K)

/o/ is for cars. Not a whole lot of users there have oners for bikes.

I was looking at getting a yamaha yx600 as a cheap but quality ujm bike while i save up to get a moto guzzi. What do you folks think?

Get a Honda CBwhatever, but since this is Zig Forums, you get pic related or second pic related.

Attached: serveimage2.jpg (1057x695 100.12 KB, 82.4K)

a guy who parks in a garage near me has a black ural and it's pretty cool but i've never seen the guy ride it.

Ask him if he can.

Thanks, and yeah, I forgot to put this thread under /o/

Bike looks sick

My negros. I used to ride crotch rockets until I saw the light. There is a whole niche world waiting for you. Get yourself a KLR650, the WASR of multi-terrain motorcycling. Pack it up and venture forth to the wilderness. You can now floperate/spookhunt/happening with maximum mobility and fun.

If poorfag, older gens can be had used for a few thousand. There’s also the Honda 250 dual sports that are equally reliable and much easier to handle. Not only are all of these super fun, but the 40mpg around town ain’t too bad either.

Attached: F2BFCDB5-EB3B-437C-B3C5-538DE4C7CCB0.jpeg (1242x2208 1.19 MB, 2.95M)

A black Ural? A real Ural? Ask the man if he has heard about /o/, and some particular man with german flag giving buying advice…

Were I single and able to legally carry this is the bike I would fuck around town with.

I want one, but I'm 19 and desperately poor.

Maybe someday…

Attached: 707cb505d25ca62d4ebcb16fcf33b7b9f279aced7b3cbbce95ee425ae6fc493f.png (428x456, 233.89K)

dropped

Might as well buy a really nice sidecar system for another bike since the Ural also costs 16k.

That's literally every single engine with a wet sump

there is a distinction between splash and pressure lubrication even among wet sump engines.

Do it, I have (flipped it and fucked up the bars but it's winter in Michigan anyways) one and they are amazing little machines. The headlights and tach are a little dated but I have gotten so many complements on mine.

Get a job loser, I bought my Radian for $1200 at 18 while I was at a shitty minimum wage job.

Attached: Yamaha YX600S[1].jpg (900x617, 91.42K)

I bought my bike when I was 19.
Just look through craigslist and you'll find plenty of bikes for $1000-$1500. Just don't buy something large for your first bike. 500cc at most. Remember there are still enough hormones running through you to convince you that your bike can outrun the cops. It cannot.

Well, it probably can outrun their car. But not their bullets, not their radio, and most importantly not the laws of physics.

I got a 600cc sport bike as my first – because I didn't want to mess with re-testing, and 501cc and larger is the "you can ride everything" class around here.

It WAS too big. If I hadn't been so scared of re-testing I'd have gone 250cc. Just, make sure you can touch the ground. The first year I dropped my bike at every stop sign, and it wasn't even a dual-purpose bike which are way worse.

Why do people always recommend bikes by cc class, it's so stupid. Something can be 600cc and have 60hp and have a top speed of 125 and something else might be 600cc and have 150+hp and do 180mph. Yeah I would recommend that they get a 250 or a 300 as there first bike but not because of how fast it is. I recommended them solely because they are incredibly light and forgivable around corners. Cornering properly at speed it probably thee most important thing you need to know before it's to late. That and wear gear you fucking squids
Pictures are people not wearing proper gear while riding

Attached: Hurtin[1].jpg (717x960 36.2 KB, 80.48K)

as someone who just degloved his hand and broke his ankle, that foot degloving looks wicked.

I have a sudden urge to buy armored riding pants

thanks man! nice picture, you've made me feel better about my attempted impulse buy.

How did the first even happen?

explain

DO IT. Jeans (even thick ones) do nothing for you.
READ A TWIST OF THE WRIST BY KEITH CODE. it's about racing but I cannot express to you how much safer it will make you when riding.

You were previously considering a chance to slide against extremely abrasive and rough surface at 200 fps without abrasion resistant protection?

Leather chaps aren't a gay meme if there be a chance of doing a slide.

someday i'd like a dirtbike with a big muffler, for sneakybreeki offroad

Huh, the more I know

Pfffffff

got hit by an amberlance. right foot goes out, gets hit, i get thrown, i look down, my foots on sideways, i look up, my arm is a bloody pancake on the asphault. also ended up with a separated AC joint, a broken pinky, and some scrapes and cuts. all in all i got pretty lucky; if i went out probably a second earlier, i would have been hit straight on and probably died.

In Japan, bike licenses are split up by CC class (don't need a license for 50

Attached: scared squid.jpeg (1280x720, 93.81K)

Get a pair of engineer boots if you don't want your foot to look like that. No running shoes and other casual stuff. One thing you need to realize when you're on a bike is nobody pays attention to you meaning you're probably going to get fucked up if you yourself aren't being a turbo autist on the whole surroundings thing.
If its computerized then you're fucked.

This is important. To the average dumbass driving a car, one set of lights = moped going at 45 km/h and not a bike going at 80 km/h.
Then they drive forward and you get flight hours.

I'm sorry Strelok.
>got hit by an amberlance
How the fuck does that happen?
At least you weren't far from the EMTs when it happened.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
… right?

Damn right.

Attached: k rides a bike.JPG (817x548, 90.83K)

Please don't potato your pipe. I know this isn't /o/, but it is still important.

I don't know about that. My Enduro was loud as fuck and I've had many close calls on that thing when I had it. I'm glad my current ride is wide enough people tend to pay attention.

I derive physical pleasure from slamming the brakes when I'm in front of a potatoed pipe, their mad sustains me

Do you have a back seat girl?
Thanks for the advice about the boots and situational awareness

Attached: big bike.mp4 (1280x720, 1.22M)

Uh no. Women ride in the sidecar.
No worries mate. Riding a bike isn't something to go into blind as a bat.

Ah fuck that sounds horrible man, pourin one out for my nig.

Do it man I can tell you from experience I went down twice going about 10-15mph and denim doesn't help at all.

No problem homie, I bought this bike while I didn't know much about motorcycles or engineering in general and I found it very accessible to work on. The only thing is that it is a pretty rare bike around where I live and it is incredible hard to find parts for. I only know of one other Radian in southeast Michigan and it was imported, crashed out, from leafland.
Not wearing proper riding footwear and sliding out. Those power ranger boots don't look so stupid anymore huh?

They are when textile pants and armored riding jeans are a thing

Same thing in the US, but there is no real difference except for insurance cost between 250 and 600

Nah man get some actual dedicated riding boots. Reinforcing on the boot is super important.
Power ranger boots for high risk riding and a nice pair of leather riding shoes for minimalist ride through the city. They made be incredible over priced but I found the dainese darker street goretex a perfect blend of armor, breath-ability and style

Attached: dainese_street_darker_gore_tex_shoes_750x750[1].jpg (800x800 70.19 KB, 107.31K)

Anybody on here has experience in restoring motorcycles ? I wanna get into mechanics and learn how to fix stuff and I just learned that my grandfather left behind a motorcycle so my idea is to work on it and see if I'm into that. It's a black WSK 125 that's been sitting in a barn for around 30 years. I'm planning to fix it up and ride it on the weekends, maybe sand it and paint it dark green if the bodywork is in bad shape. I only seen the bike on a black&white photo so I don't know how it looks now after 30 years. It's hard to reach because of different rubble and random stuff that's kept in the barn so I'll dig it out once it gets warm.

Parts for the bike are easy to find and cheap but that will be my first project so it won't be a 100% repair, I'll probably leave some parts in if they're good enough and have a proffesional do the wires. There's a lot of tutorials on the internet for the motorcycle too so that will help a lot.

Questions: Do I need to dissemble the drum hubs after 30 years or is there no need ? Do I need to replace the exhaust if it's rusty or does it make little difference ? Should I start it before I do anything with it or will starting it after so long break it ? I have no experience with motorcycles except for shit I read. The motorcycle didn't break down or anything from what I know, there just wasn't much use for it so it got forgotten

Attached: z18253933IE,Wprawa-WSK-a-z-1979-roku-dookola-Baltyku.jpg (620x350, 53.2K)

I am no expert but I'd sure as hell disassemble it before using it. Who knows what might have gotten inside or how badly things have rusted in 30 years? Hell, I'd probably take that thing apart completely and check that everything is in acceptable condition. All the rubber parts and possible plastic parts are probably oxidized and thus brittle. Fuel and oil has probably gone to shit too, same with possible coolant liquid.

My engineer boots worked damn well the last time I had a nasty wipe

I'm no expert myself, but it's probably a good idea to completely pick it apart, clean all the bits and pieces and then put it back together.

Don't go too crazy. If it's serviceable, it's better to leave it as is than fucking it up even worse trying to 'restore' it. What kind of condition is it in? Was it stored oiled and covered, or just under roof?

Start with the basics. Does it turn over? Drain, flush, and replace all the fluids. Disassemble and clean the carburetor. Replace the battery. Check for spark. Make sure none of the cables are rusted tight. See if you can get it to start.

is good advice. Don't do anything that you don't explicitly know.
For drum brakes there's a cover that comes off. You want to inspect them at minimum before you try to ride it. There's a good chance you'll need to replace something even if it's just the pads.
Check the inside of the tank for rust. A lot of people powder coat them to prevent it.
Make sure to check the chain as well.
Rusty exhaust isn't a big deal. Shouldn't affect whether it runs or not.

I would flush all the fluids before trying to start it.

If you have no experience, a class or someone to help teach you how to ride is good.

I was actually laughing at the tragedy of getting a perfectly adequate sports bike as your first because of thinking 600cc is manageable a priori

I didn't know about it myself until I spoke to someone who collected hudson cars from the years they used splash lubrication.

wow. Hopefully you recovered fine. also did the ambulance pick you up once you crashed or did they call another ambulance?

had to wait for another ambulance to come pick me up. im healing just fine though. i was walking at 7 weeks when most people dont walk until 10-12. still fighting atrophy. my left calf was 17.5" at the widest part, my right calf was 15". its gotten better since then but it still sucks.

Buy a shitty indian (indian as in india, not indian motorcycles) for 800£.
If it works in africa, it should work in whatever state you live in.

Attached: The.Grand.Tour.S02E11.WEB.H264-DEFLATE[eztv].mkv_snapshot_05.13_[2018.02.17_12.14.43].jpg (720x480 289 KB, 227.81K)

Hi Jamal

Simplex Motorcycle, 2 stroke, 100 miles per gallon

Attached: simplex.jpg (640x427, 106.51K)

all you need to do is buy the fucking dip and feed the ponzi

Attached: Buy The Dip-0akBdQa55b4.webm (480x360, 5.31M)

Mods should just rename the board to "Zig Forums - Whatever topic you want just post a picture of a gun once in a while"

All of your posts in this thread have been you blogging about your dumbfuck accident. Zero (0) posts in this thread discuss anything that wouldn't be more appropriate on /o/.

But hey, since anything is okay as long as it has "absolutely anything" to do with warfare or policing I have a laundry list of threads I've been willing to make: a thread about cooking, thread about how to get in to soldering, maybe a thread about some questions I had on tabletop games! Users like you are why copypaste gave up on this dream.

im sure food is important to warfare, but idk, you seem to be the expert here
equipment maintenance also sounds important, but idk, I don't think theres a use for electrical equipment
take that shit to the video games thread.
who pissed in your cheerios man?

and notice how all my posts have been saged and spoilered, you know, because maybe i understood that they werent the most relevant to the topic at hand. but then again, user's were obviously interested. maybe youre mad because you aren't getting the (you)s you wanted?

Anons in states where permitless open carry is legal, but vehicle carry is considered concealed and therefore illegal without a permit, are motorcycles ever an exception to this if the holster is visible?

thanks that answers a silly question I've wondered about for some time. glad to hear you're getting better user.

Chill, I instigated it because I was curious. Yes it's not a thread about the minutia of some historical gun thing but it's not like it's some /soc/-tier cancer or trannywaifufag derailment thread.

You got somethin' against Indian bikes, mate?

Attached: burt_munro.jpeg (220x264, 26.29K)

You forgot about the left hand throttle – so you can shoot while you scoot.

Attached: machinegunpolice.jpg (400x331 231.07 KB, 34.51K)

Is there a single purpose to modern burger police motorcycles? They cost as much as cars, they're retardedly huge and unhandy, they can already drive and park where they like because they're cops. Is it just more spending for them and another way to look cool?

In cities with gridlock traffic they get around faster. And Harley sells them the bikes for cheap iirc.

I see you are a man of culture as well. KLR is best bike. I had one of the newer CRF250s and it was damn nice, but too small. I wish they would bring their 650 to the same level.

Attached: 28190841_1801209686620851_819970785_n.jpg (360x480, 46.08K)

well as other boards die or get shittier and shittier people flock to boards that are good bringing their topics with them. and Zig Forums is considered currently to be one of the best boards

also it is more like Zig Forums-weapons and mad science

Attached: wyihg3bswwdy.jpg (900x773, 71.63K)

You know user, I like the way you think! Why care about what the board is actually supposed to be about and whether or not I should be bringing life back the board I'm interested in when I can just shit on both! After all, like we said back in 2014: quantity over quality!
Plus the Zig Forums rules page has been 404'd for almost a year now, so it's not really a problem if I bring /l/ over here!

Attached: 228c41b5c711645db18408176e630ad2.jpg (1000x1200 183.49 KB, 131.5K)

I thought the cop bikes were the top tier of most expensive. We certainly don't have gridlock here and they only seem to have motorcycle cops when they are trying to blow money, but that may just be the nature of gov in general.

You'd think smaller bikes would make more sense for getting around traffic, but finding burger cops who can fit on them, plus their constant vest and loads of gear, might be a problem.

I thought the cop bikes were the top tier of most expensive. We certainly don't have gridlock here and they only seem to have motorcycle cops when they are trying to blow money, but that may just be the nature of gov in general.

You'd think smaller bikes would make more sense for getting around traffic, but finding burger cops who can fit on them, plus their constant vest and loads of gear, might be a problem.

OP sucks cocks but not as many as you, at least this thread has some relevant Zig Forums shit in it.

Attached: 00472934d0f19fbe4894bb49d5fe5a039e4ba400b31c4c8383f82038cfb340e9.png (800x695, 179.99K)

oh shid, thats what I get for posting on pigchan

Harley's aren't my thing so I don't know it all. But I often hear that Harley cuts large deals for police departments. Having them be the ubiquitous 'murican bike manufacturer is sort of how they market themselves.
The price you pay isn't the price cops pay.

I've heard of some departments getting non-Harley bikes but they don't end up tiny. There's a lot of gear to strap on regardless of Harley being the right choice.
But, a lot of cities have events that give them a ton of traffic for a couple days where they would still be useful.

I don't keep up with 'events' anymore. The cop presence (which they require overtime for so the leverage for more free shit) seems to include fucking snipers and swatshit these days, so I don't go anymore. You'd think since they already have cars, that, or fourwheelers, would be all they need.

oh I see you mean temporary events that stop large amounts of vehicular traffic. I'm a tard.

I want riga moped so i can have a commie bike

Attached: 93A5348A-8E22-497B-8F57-DBA556B0D41E.jpeg (1536x972, 548.5K)

The BMW R71 was a solid design and the copies tend to also be very sturdy vehicles that are much more affordable than the real deal.

get a cz or a jawa en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Česká_zbrojovka_Strakonice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jawa_Moto