S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Innawoods Challenge

I finally got around to wrapping this up. Give me feedback, post your adventures, discuss general innawoods and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stuff.

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. innawoods challenge supplement 1.0.png (1280x3312 2.41 MB, 6.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

inna.zone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seebe,_Alberta#Demographics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this the one that started development just a short while back?

got any tips on how not to get arrested doing this?

Sneaky breeki

Might try doing this innawoods in Mississippi. What should I prepare to encounter besides wild inbred rapists?

It works. Did a quick veteran loner trip with a KP/-31. Nothing of real note other than every once in awhile you realize you're really fucking alone in the woods.

Got any pics from that trip?

I'll have to check the camera, didn't bring the phone with me.

It actually started like 3 years ago. There's a much older one you'll see floating around that I worked on with some anons, I ended up going to sea and someone else finished it but I was never satisfied with it.

Post score and pics if you have any.

Skinwalkers.

Make sure the area is completely abandoned, don't do it near any sort of civilization.

I was wondering. I started a thread a few months back where someone started working on one.

61 points, didn't include my stash because that might get me killed one day. I did find an artifact on a desk sitting in the middle of nowhere, took it with me picture related. Sadly it seems I didn't have my camera on me and it makes sense due to how light I packed.

Attached: DSC00391.JPG (1920x1080, 739.88K)

If it looked like the one in the OP, that was me posting updates.

Very nice! How difficult was the pack weight limit? Anything that you think should be adjusted?

Not hard given I tend to pack light if I've got a extraction point set up. Personally speaking I'd set points for meeting the weight limit because sometimes you're way out of the way to pack that light.

I'm thinking I might remove difficulty-based pack weights entirely. They're inspired by the in-game stalker challenges that /sg/ used to come up with, but I like them less and less as I look at it. I'm thinking I'll just leave the 30lb limit for the entire challenge, and yeah, set points for packing lighter.

Make sure not to go full larp and end up like pic related. Still have fun, you faggots.

Attached: injun finds something.png (926x621, 134.1K)

I hate to put out another update so quickly, but I think I'm happy with where it's at now.

Changed wording on some scenarios, removed food requirements for everything but master difficulty, removed pack weight requirement for difficulties, restructured bonuses and added/removed a few.

I just snagged the domain inna.zone and will set up a site at some point where I'll post the latest versions. Maybe even set up something for people to post their adventures, good stalking locations, stash coordinates, etc.

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. innawoods challenge supplement 1.1.png (1280x3351 2.42 MB, 6.01M)

That’s awesome, Strelok

That looks great. I'll have to take photos of the zone next time I'm out there.

I’ll definitely try this in the spring/summer maybe get a friend to come with me. Alberta has some ghost mining towns I might try, unless anyone knows any better places.

Has anyone ever posted a story/pics of them doing a Stalker challenge?

Attached: __suzumi_original_drawn_by_hetza_hellshock__29777be2dbfce6a5eecfaf67b4ba7407.jpg (724x1023, 867.53K)

One guy on half/k/ said he did a veteran loner challenge and got 61 points, but he packed light and didn't bring his camera. He did post a picture of an artifact. I did a day trip to Centralia, but there aren't actually any buildings left there.

You dun fucked

I did indeed. That's what happens when you try to watch two threads at once.

If someone catches you, you just [redacted] and make sure you cut that out of your gopro footage when editing.

Check your laws. If they're similar to German ones, you are allowed to enter people's property to reclaim your own property, i.e. a ball you accidentally kicked/threw on there or a dog that ran there. I'm also pretty sure that civil courage will allow you to do so, i.e. someone yelling for help or simply noises coming from a building.

Attached: o2857760.png (2560x1440, 3.39M)

Attached: justin-bourque-moncton-rcmp-shooting.jpg (1180x664, 326.85K)

:^(

lel, the cheka don't come in my woods, militia folk and injuns scare the shit out of em.

Attached: 1409193034369.jpg (283x303, 9.73K)

Even without the flag I would've known you are a Canadian.

Attached: Trudeau-and-trump-round-2.jpg (1000x659 710.89 KB, 94.09K)

The only few ghost towns I’ve been researching all seem to have a few people left or have no buildings standing, the one I’m looking to use was abandoned only like 10 years ago and seems to be fairly close to Calgary. I’ll need to check it out sometime but it’s too cold to do it until spring anyways.

You can’t really claim to be good at stealth if you leave bodies. But I was assuming Dutch user meant MGS1 solid snake, after 2 I gave up no detections no kills and just tried for no detections. MGSV I mostly just exterminated anyone in my way.

If you're willing to make the trip, there is a ghost town called Pacific in BC. Area is just fucking infested and the only way in is following a defunct(?) rail line. I personally don't know if anything is standing still yet again the last time there was human life there was 1980 or so, friend who told me about it was kind of reluctant on if anything was still there considering he took a hit on the way out.

Infested with what?

Depending on your local their artifacts are worth 5-10 cents.

Attached: indian artifacts.jpg (2848x4288, 6.27M)

East coast is a bit of a trip, not really willing to drive 11 or more hours to stalk for two days. I’m much more interested in the abandoned mining towns in the Rockies, the one I was looking at was called Seebe and was a community set up for a dam which was shut down. Like I said it’s only about 10 years abandoned and its supposed to be close to Calgary which is only an hours drive for me. But I think I mining town will be pretty cool if I can find one with something standing and not a dozen remaining residents. Venturing into an abandoned mine shaft seems pretty cheeky breeki and dangerous Pics related are from Seebe.

Attached: 073CF493-368F-4713-A253-14084BFEB485.jpeg (640x479 348.34 KB, 146.24K)

I only do that if I spot a high level solider, besides online has been dead since long before I got the game so building bases and base defenses is kinda pointless.

Stop you right there. What ghost town is privately owned land that prohibits you from entering?

Also, take a camera with you. Implying you have to sperg out innawoods, if you run into any LE explain to them you're doing a photoshoot for a certain subgenre of postapocalyptic fiction. The guns real because it's the only one you got/bears/whatever. I'm pretty sure if you don't behave like an autist (well…) the guys will get the thing and maybe even like it. An user can dream, you know.

Attached: b2e8ef246a1b58894385d9c09af32d10.jpg (540x707, 76.47K)

Seeing as the town in question was built by a dam company to house their employees, I’m sure it is technically private property, but there is still a public highway going to the town and roads through it. Besides you can’t go stalking if there’s no danger.
Of coursh! But it’s too cold, this won’t happen until may at the earliest, need some spring or summer weather.
My first reaction would be to sneeki breeki innawoods as the town is at the base of the mountains so lots of places to hide. If I do encounter the RCMP I’ll shoot first shoot bring a metaphor for explaining what I am doing and trying my hardest to not get arrested for squatting + open carry

You have some weird conditions going there. In any case, as long as you don't behave like a fucking weirdo (probably hard for you, I know) you should be golden. Most LEOs have a certain affinity for guns and the outdoors.

:^(
Hahaha

No, you just need to bag/tag them and carry them out with you for disposal later. also need to take any dirt/grass with blood on it

I'm game OP, I have a few locations in mind.
Can we do tasks under other factions for a higher score?

Any Pennsylvania faggots around?
Got the PERFECT location for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bar, it's inside a tunnel, we'll be able to setup a decent bar.
Thinking the name shall be the Zig Forumsavevman wymen haters club

DO IT FAGGOT

I'll stop by if I'm ever in the area.

Attached: stalkan in centralia.jpg (540x960, 192.64K)

>(((Freedom)))
Fuck off, Duty runs the zone

I will faggot.
Look near 40.049506, -78.140038

Judging by your post Duty apparently sits around whining about Freedom, while Freedom actually goes out stalking.

Let's see your pictures, faggot.

Attached: 3-8 The jungle.jpg (2000x1500 289.8 KB, 311K)

I had completely forgotten about Centralia, PA until reading this. Never made it out there before… seems like a good place to stalk. Prob too close to other towns and no idea where the remaining 7 residents live, so don’t think any plinking* could happen. But appears to be an excellent stalk spot.

*unless there are bloodsuckers. t. mag dump

Strelok, I admire the ambition, but that's a tourist hotspot. I'd recommend an obscure rail tunnel that doesn't have any nearby trails, or something similar.

(checked)
There's not much there because the state knocked down all the old buildings. The remaining residents are scattered throughout town, there's nowhere to really plink unless you went way out of town to one of the inactive strip mines.

Debating with myself about stalking in Celestia, SC. Thoughts?

Did you take the loot?

I've been trying to find some good locations here in Alabama but no luck so far. May have to go out of state. There is an abandoned lunatic asylum and hospital that I've went to a few times but you have to be sneeki breeki as there are patrols occationally throughout the night and the occasional college kids. Anyone familiar with locations in the Southeast?

Done by whom? Why?
Scare them lmao

Sometimes police, and sometimes campus security. I think Tuscaloosa SWAT might practice there as I've found blasting caps and a spent door breaching charge lying around. It's near the University of Alabama and I think they own the grounds so I don't carry. They suck at their jobs though, I've never been detected and have spent hours looking around the buildings.
Way ahead of you Strelok.

Pics are the main building. I grabbed these online as I don't have my pictures at the moment. There are five building in total including a medical/surgical building.

Attached: jemison.jpg (374x247 101.22 KB, 62.83K)

The zone is basically calling you there user

You're right. I may just do it anyway. I'll just have to be extra sneeki if I do the full 24 hours with funs. When I do I'll get some pics playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. minigolf while i'm there.

Attached: getinherestalker.jpg (500x361, 64.62K)

FTFY
Besides, you'll learn to stay hidden.

No, I'm not a nigger.

Anyone know of a good location in Nevada? All the ghost towns are way to easy to get to.

The Demographics section on Wikipedia's entry for Seebe's gave me a chuckle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seebe,_Alberta#Demographics

Oh fuck it’s on Nakoda land. I didn’t realize that. Then I’ll have to be extra sneeki breeki because I would imagine that stalking on Indian land is worse than stalking on normal land.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

The thing about indian land is the police have zero jurisdiction on it. I wouldn't worry about it provided you don't go the way everyone else does.

How do you not know now that someone with evil intentions comes to kill your ass. All he has to do is wait until you show up, gun you don't, take all your shit and make sure you have no ID on you when he burns your body beyond recognition. You'll just be another STALKER lost to The Zone.

NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR LOCATION UNLESS YOU DON'T PLAN ON RETURNING. THIS IS NOT HOW CHEEKI BREEKI IS DONE.

Attached: 31f929afe8bebb7645e8f392c7b9e2f0ac5d9654b7bff03a5105dd234fed0bbe.jpg (332x275, 37.04K)

What if you having bigger guns than he does?

Attached: stealthisoptional.gif (500x375, 976.28K)

I didn’t know that, that’s fine then I might need to fight off some bandits Indians.
I was planning on trekking through innawoods for a bit after parking a bit away.

It could work vica versa too.
could just be a filthy bandit trying to lure unsuspecting suckers to there death. Not to fear monger though. I'm sure there are some more reasonable STALKERS out there who doesn't just want to loot every stash, deaded body, recently deaded body, or do any other generally deplorable banditry to their fellow men. Just make sure that you see him before he sees you, aye?

pick one

I just realized I'm close enough to Mercury, Nevada to make the trip. If only there wasn't the real possibility of me getting shot by going there considering it's still a nuclear test site and closed to the public.

Attached: Wfm_area51_map_en.png (1024x726, 1.22M)

I love how they have to specify "in Southern Nevada" because otherwise 98% of the state is colored out as federal lands.

It's more like 83 percent, but yeah, basically.

What's the spookiest artifact you guys have found?

Broken meth pipes. As soon as I saw one I NOPED the fuck out of the building (old steel mill) in case any junkies were around

Any Idaho Streloks here? If there are, I'm wondering if there are any places somewhat close to Boise to set up camp. I was thinking about making a trip to Cascade, that way I could at least be close to a ham radio repeater, but I don't know if there are any good abandoned structures out in BLM territory or public lands to camp next to.

Attached: The fatherland doesnt deserve this.PNG (1562x804 433.04 KB, 599.29K)

Attached: af00c87d119f80b6ec170d4f54cf630e5c6497bb7ff48b2db42d7c11ed9eb9a8.jpg (384x480, 40.18K)

Strelok, shoot me a message.
[email protected]
I'm in Eastern PA.
I'd be fuckin down.

Attached: blyatted.jpg (388x443, 34.37K)

Isn't that the opposite of reality? Why are white people's noses long and slender? Why do they have vitamin-d maximizing white skin?

Attached: tmp_13540-spedepasanen1413332859.jpg (196x223, 5.67K)

haha benis

Attached: 1481929849246.png (600x760, 127.46K)

You are correct in that as humanity migrated north the environment selected for lighter skin that would absorb more sunlight.
However the Inuit are the humans that are the most built for the cold.

what do we get in terms of points if we go to an actually radioactive area… cause there is an open air (ie no shielding) sodium reactor test site near me from like the 60s.

Near the bottom of the first image
I'm guessing it doesn't have to be an exclusion zone for you to get the points.

No, it doesn't. If it's a well-known "exclusion zone", that's one bonus, if it's irradiated that's another bonus, and if it's both you get both bonuses. If you do it in Chernobyl specifically, you get all three European Extreme bonuses for +80 points total.

Attached: oppressive_laughter.jpg (491x488, 18.55K)

Attached: death_wait_laugh.jpg (800x800, 157.96K)

In 1940, the U.S. Army decides it needs a new place to test munitions. So they roll into southeast Indiana, run a whole bunch of people out of their homes, and seize a 56,000 acre plot of land under eminent domain.
They then proceed to build an army base, a railyard, an airfield, and firing ranges for both aerial bombing, artillery, and small arms. Over the next forty some years, they will expend an average of 175,000 rounds per month.
By 1980-something, the ground is absolutely lousy with depleted uranium and unexploded ordinance. Rather than make any attempt to clean it up, they fence it all off and declare it a wildlife refuge. By 1995 the base is entirely abandoned, save for the administrators of the refuge and a couple of on site contractors. One parcel of land is still used as a bombing range by the Indiana Air National Guard.

It would be an excellent place to go stalking if it wasn't a terrible place to go stalking.

Attached: serveimage3.jpeg (1200x801 88 KB, 185.24K)

That makes it an amazing place. Don’t be a pussy, sneeki breeki and stay away from the obvious bombing range or don’t.

But the Zone was a shithole and a lot of people were only there for money.

Attached: 54CF2B7F-203D-4235-89B4-6F1BA5E1E742.jpeg (736x1076, 356.56K)

To be fair, the military only patrolled the border of the Zone. Once you got in, they wouldn't follow you.

Gear bump.

Got my soviet civil defense drug kit, working on loading it up. According to the translated inset they included, the originals had:

Real anti-nerve agents will be pretty useless innawoods, and are a bitch to get. I figure I'll do

I might drop $10 on some real potassium iodine just to say I have anti-rads, even though all it actually does is protect your thyroid. That should give me a pretty well-rounded drug kit for the field.

Attached: innawoods soon, fellow stalker.png (471x659, 748.89K)

I strolled by and saw this out of nowhere. Asked around and it's apparently an abandoned MEPS that actually isn't as old as it looks. Looks like possible challenge territory.

Attached: Old MEPS.jpg (1932x2576, 814.93K)

If that is a original soviet civil defense aid kit, that stuff should be expired at least 25 years ago. And if that is the case, you could ride the high for days on end

I like these people.

Anyway, how do you tell if a site is truly abandoned? Because for every overgrown and paved over industrial park, there's always some holding company squatting on the property hoping somebody else wants it. It doesn't help that most of my recon is done through zoom earth and openstreetmaps.

Hour from the Pitt on the Ohio side, I'd be down for a day trip. Anything to break up the fucking monotony until I can go back home to Montana.

It didn't have the original drugs, it just had an inset that said what they originally were.

There'll pretty much always be SOME company that owns the land. It's a matter of if there are people actually watching or patrolling it. If locks are rusted or corroded, that's a good sign. Look for footprints, recent human debris such as cigarette butts, any sign of people having been there. Check out the entrances. And once you are in, just stay sneeki breeki.

It might be good to go in and wander around for a while before you make the actual trip, just because it'll be a lot easier to explain that you were just exploring if you're in civvies than if you're wearing full camo and a gas mask and open carrying a rifle.