Ideal knife length?

so i want to get an combat knife from my local shop. the sizes are different from 10 to 30 cm

what would be the ideal blade lenght to shank someone?

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x474, 9.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patrick.net/post/1299301/2016-11-21-rapefugess-burn-down-center-because-it-ran-out-of-nutella
youtube.com/watch?v=o4ewFdCxd5Y
biohistory.org/
varms.pl).
kopromed.com.pl
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How fat is the person you want the shank?

no one really its just theoretical

10 cm should be fine then. The heart is about 5.5 cm into the chest so 10 should be more than enough.

Just look at old daggers and take it from there. Especially since that was the CC/open carry of the day it would make sense for them to carry a blade that could cover defense well enough since they didn't need to balance weight of a gun+mags or room on their belt. So the 30cm should let you shank achmed well before he rapes your dogs shitter with his tongue because he's out of nutella.

Any length you want, mounted on a pole

Combat knives are stupid. Get a dagger.

Get a FS knife.

Yeah, I read about how knife fights are stupid because there's too much luck required to win. The idea was you're gonna get stabbed too no matter how good you are! So instead of good, how lucky are you?

Wait what. I thought you just said the combat knives are stupid.

With combat knives he means the one with the saw on them.

Attached: 0c5f5ae40ddf19d9bb0c1dcd14ff0f04--bowie-knives-custom-knives.jpg (550x550 79.38 KB, 119.66K)

Here you go.

Attached: Fairbairn Sykes Design.png (1093x441, 33.42K)

That's only a problem if the other guy sees you coming ;^)

Daggers are daggers. Combat knives are those multipurpose heavy gimmicks that suck as a combat weapon and as a tool/craftsman knife.
The term dagger pre-dates combat knives, they were lumped together later on.

Are AK bayonets good for fighting or as an innawoods knife? I should think so.
I mainly use my as a letter opener.

Hols shit user, that is alomost aussie-tier shitposting, thanks for the laugh.

patrick.net/post/1299301/2016-11-21-rapefugess-burn-down-center-because-it-ran-out-of-nutella

Attached: Aussie_Shitposter_Worst_Stupid_Comment_4chan_Thread_Cap_Get.png (739x950, 186.22K)

I use mine as a hori-hori and a wirecutter.

That reminds me: I've seen a folding AK bayonet that is basically a pocket knife. Is that some kind of a maymay, like the extra long one the chinks made; or is there really such a bayonet adopted by some armed forces?

The folding AK bayonet is come commercial made thing, the Italians did make a folding bayonet for one of their guns if I recall and those things are fucking pricey.

This thing? It doesn't seem to be bad, but it was designed by Italians in the interwar period, so there is a good chance that it's actually borderline useless. Are folding designs inherently bad, because they make a knife flimsier and more complicated without offering anything useful? And what about gravity knives? Would a gravity bayonet make sense, or would that be just something to sell to the tacticool kids?

Attached: Italian 1891-38 pattern folding bayonet.JPG (1552x1161, 109.91K)

Attached: 4afe214854805f6810767ec2f413b557a50aca126308602f89506085e498fd8d.png (927x845, 477.18K)

Yeah thats the one, What makes them weak is they aren't a one piece construction. One thing to note about those spaghetti bayonets is a lot of them were welded solid at some point in the war

sexy

Attached: buck_knife.JPG (640x428, 12.6K)

about that big, depending on how many you need to purge, it could be bigger.

Attached: uprising now.jpg (3000x2055, 602.76K)

40-45 inches.

Attached: 63565.jpg (1280x720, 53.27K)

Just carry a boar spear on your back at all times. More reach than a knife.

HOLD UP!
I'VE GOT IT!
I'VE FUCKING GOT IT!
I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

Attached: umbrella of our dreams.jpg (600x600, 32.62K)

but can it fire rifle grenades?

Glock Feldmesser

Attached: Glock_Feldmesser_FM_78.JPG (1548x667, 152.76K)

Well, you could make it a blank firing break action gun. If you make it sturdy enough you could use it as a club too. And you could replace the cloth with kevlar or a similar material, although I'm not sure if that would actually help

cr, these are killing knives. Just be sure to get the Kydex model instead of the polymer.

Absolutelly brutal.

Why not just house a compressed air tank in the stem and use that to fire a pellet of ricin into the targets at close/contact range?

Generally to assassinate somebody you would want a knife like this>>552570 it's what it was designed for.

Good enough for Jim good enough for me I guess.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1170x780, 226.44K)

i knows what u saying. who do u like for double edge dagger high quality metal with good guard….price not consideration….not some cheap shits

For field work the bigger the better.

For assassination, about 10cm is more than enough.

Spergook, is this the prep for you telling us that Zweihanders should be standard issue for all infantrymen?

Attached: I shall defend my virginity.jpg (500x666, 73.58K)

To be honest I use machete for field work so I do not know.

That is no knife.

For a moment I'd guess this was made for the sole purpose of making shish kebab out of kebabs but then realized there are no turks of that height.

This viking madman only needed 8 cm.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x900, 1017.32K)

A gun because you never win in a knife fight

Attached: 354343.jpg (1280x960, 162.63K)

Oi mate you cheeky wanker!
Get a spoon

Attached: English-Bobby.jpg (313x470, 124.57K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (528x1239, 768.79K)

You are already dead

As the ancient romans used to say

2" is all you need to pierce vitals

Zero c:

youtube.com/watch?v=o4ewFdCxd5Y

Not true at all. Learn to block and have good footwork. Bonus points if you have long arms

This.
You don't need an assault knife. Big spoons are pretty violent already.

Attached: 672603.jpg (600x600, 12K)

Evolution of weapons driven by "stand off." The farther away front your enemy while doing damage to him the better, and disparity of distance is desired. He has 1 foot long bone, you get 2 foot long bone. He gets 3 foot spear, you get 4 foot spear. All the way to intercontinental ballistic missiles. Stand-off reigns supreme. So the longest, conceable but usable (easy draw/employment is best. Probably USMC Kabar as depicted by OP. Get a cane with easy attachment for even better standoff.

What actually defines a blade+handle arrangement as a "Knife"? Is there a specific design ratio or blade style that separates it from very small swords, or is the distinction arbitrary?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25.89K)

Wasn't the distinction in medieval germany that a knife had one blade and a sword had two so people who couldn't own "swords" owned really big knifes?

Knife fights aren't like they are in the movies, user. The only way to win a knife fight is to either be the first one to stab and make it quick or to not get into one in the first place.

Length typically determines it - a blade can only get so long before a knife becomes a dagger and a dagger a sword.
But that sort of classification has disappeared because people who care are outnumbered by people who don't.

They were swords that were called long knives(Lange Messer) so they wouldn't be considered swords.

But yes, you're right. Ye Olde German law stated a knife was a full-tang blade with two slabs of wood for grips and had a single edge, or something to that effect.

i can get behind that.

longest possible.

This is a great video.

THIS is a knoife.

At least you've gone for steel rather than plastic, but that extra length on the handle is not going to

Attached: 7ft sword.jpg (651x894, 48.57K)

Attached: UK Combat Knife.png (1200x675, 766.04K)

You need to meme harder

Best knife coming through

Attached: download (3).jpeg (474x355, 15.84K)

I have heard good things about this one.

Attached: niggers.jpg (650x424, 21.95K)

Those old German Odachi are really great.

Its a question of environment.
Medieval daggers are longer, because they existed in a society where a part commonly wore protective clothes and were other longer weapons like swords, polearms and maces where common. People usually where suspicious of strangers and kept their distance.
They where usually hold in the Icepick grip, because it allowed them to block attacks from these longer weapons and it gave them more force to pierce the protective clothes.
The Fairbairn Sykes and this style of Knife Fighting is based on the assumption that your opponent doesn't wear protective clothes, doesn't carry a longer weapon than you and that you can surprise or ambush him. This is why they are shorter and usually hold in a fist or hammer grip.
If you aren't able to surprise or ambush your opponent you have a fairly high chance of getting the short end of the stick, hence why these kind of fights can quickly turn messy. This is where the "knife fights are stupid you WILL get stabbed" meme comes from.
Overall this puts knifes in a weird place in which they make a human much more deadly, but almost anything other is a better weapon.

It depends on what you do with the knife and how much force you put on the knife.
You can stab a person with a folding knife without a problem, as long as you only stab into the lower stomach and neck, if you hit the chest, shoulder or basically anything with a lot of bones and/or cartilage there is a high chance of the folding mechanism to fail.
Equally wood, as long as the wood is thin and dead using a folding knife is not a problem, but once you have to deal with life wood or wood that is thicker you risk the mechanism to fail or the blade to snap.

I'm planning to buy a fixed 10-15cm smooth blade (not serrated) knife. I fell for stiletto aesthetics and murderability meme, like but frankly I think I would never have a chance of using it in the most appropriate way stabbing niggers. So, what kind of knife would be the best fitting for universal stuff, from shtf and self-defense (or rather intimidation) to picking nose and carving wood? I'm thinking about cheap (~20 bucks + tax) SWHRT9BF, since the F version is single-sided, so better utility. What do you think? While I could buy an expensive knife (say 60 bucks or so), I'd rather save those money for something else.

Attached: Smith-Wesson_HRT_SWHRT9BF_1_b2b.jpg (700x408, 11.65K)

More seriously though I'd suggest that they're not particularly analogous.

That's a kiwi you fucking raghead haji fuck

Attached: Screenshot_20180306-011149.png (1920x1080, 356.22K)

Medieval daggers are often longer because larger knife does more damage. Icepick grip because of the same reason, it much easier to pierce target completely right through torso with such grip and do more damage. (Icepick grip overhand strike has about 80% more energy than underhand strikes). In that society open carry of the blades was normal so size was not an issue.

Blocking attacks is just bullshit belonging to the theatrical fencing and kung fu movies. In the real fight you be lucky to block 1 out of 5 strikes in short weapons fight. As George Silver said: hand is faster than an eye.

FS is small because it is concealable knife. Modeled after street thugs knives in the society which made blade's carry illegal. Concealability of such knife has uses for commandos as they often wear enemy uniforms for deceiving purposes and daggers usually didn't belong to these uniforms during WW. But if concealability is not needed small knives are underperforming.

I've been looking for cheap "utility" knives and that S&W seems to come up often, especially for dual-edged knives.
Personally I'm still looking for a cheap Ka-bar USMC fighter clone.

Hehe, thanks, but I had an impulse decision that I'm not a fucking hobo nigger (inb4 "slavs are honorary niggers) and bought a 60$ knife. Would post pictures when it comes, for bragging.

Funny you should post that. Turns out that Jim has a PhD in history, and wrote a book that explains the decline of the West in terms of epigenetics and biohistory, called "Biohistory: Decline and Fall of the West". You can actually download it for free off of his website, and there's a jewtube channel with some videos on it too.

biohistory.org/

I swear I'm not employed by Jim's Shilling; I just find this stuff fascinating.

Who knew theatrical fencing and kung fu movies already existed in 14th century and that the knight Fiore dei Liberi worked in both?
Here have a video that explains all the points in detail.

Knife fights are dangerous, but not carrying a knife will not prevent you from being drawn into one, you'll just be at a disadvantage. Now, if you're the guy with a knife, it's actually pretty great.

A gun is best, but not everyone can have a gun at all times.

Stop hanging around mall-ninjas.

I keep expecting that troll video of dudes knife dancing to electronic music and instead finding useful information.

I had a question concerning knife laws. I live in Commiefornia and from what I read you may legally carry a fixed bladed weapon as long as it is sheathed and non concealed. But when I think about it I can't say that I have ever witnessed anyone carrying such a blade at their hip. Is there a reason for this? Or is it just something that people in polite society just don't do?

Do you really want an answer?

They don't want to, either because they eat enough bullshit to just barely not like knives, or they simply have no interest whatsoever, unlike whatever pop cultural bullshit they're into. In short, nobody cares.

I think he needs one, huenigger.

I still find it strange that I don't see degenerates or edgy lol people carrying them. Especially since concealed carry is not permitted here.

Long enough to still conceal, cheap enough to throw away.

you have no idea what that does do you?

these are pretty tough little bastards.

Why hasn't this post been made sooner?

Try do that in sparring with training knives. No really, ask friends or find group that teaches knife fights if you are nofriends. The best way to see that this is literally equivalent of macdojo karate "moves".

Always been a machete guy myself.

The reason those styles don't work in a modern fight is because they were written in a entirely different world. Cloth armor was very common, and one had to be ready if stronger armor such as chain mail was used. Even if you didn't have armor, you would still be wearing three linen shirts and a thick coat. All the attacks these techniques are used to stop are delivered with the full force of the body behind them, not as a fast little flick of a knife.
Today, where a t shirt is the norm, quick cuts and thrusts with the arm are viable, which is not what those styles were built for. The are an entirely reasonable martial art, just one that doesn't have much application today.

I fucked up. Also sage for blogpost.
Since I'm not a Polak, it is sometimes a bit hard for me to navigate in the country. I wanted a polish-produced knife that was good, but still cheap enough (200-250zł was my goal - roughly 60-70 bucks).

First company I noticed was Varms (varms.pl). Their knives looked nice but their webpsge looked weird. First red flag was a complete lack of production process photos that hints that knives are shitskin produced (Pakistan) and imported and branded as Best Polish Knives. Second was reviews on the internet stating that knives are essentially a lottery (the one with guaranteed prizes, where you pay a lot, but prizes are shitty). Maybe I'll translate some stories for shits and giggles. Anyway, I decided to stay away. They make good bux anyway due to their "popularity" and the fact that their knives are often bought as manly gifts, and you don't look gifted horse in the mouth.

Other company I noticed was Kopromed (kopromed.com.pl - yes, website is web 1.0). That's a shitty name you might say. Well, apparently they go all the way back to 90s - look up articles on their website. They have quite a few cool unique designs, they engrave their knives with some simple animal pics (and they don't, if you don't want it), and they use buckhorn for handles a lot.

Picrelated are shitty lottery knife (walnut handle), kopro knife I ordered (wenge handle - I fucking love wenge) and kopro coffee spoons with buckhorn handles.

Will post pics once arrived, I have much more hype for koproshit than for the other one.

Attached: P8232181-600x600.jpg (640x480 109.9 KB, 88.63K)

Ah, yes, forgot
It's a big post.

I should stop drunkposting. At least I saged.
Koproshit arrived. There were some quirks with delivery (I even overpaid for it, and they still fucked up), but now I have it.
First impression is that it's pretty. Shiny polish (haha, polish) looks and feels great. Grip is good, in any position.
Practically, the cutting end is tapered, and frankly not that sharp (my ugly Mora is sharper). I could easily fix it, but I've expected better for $60+.
Handle is a little bit uneven and asymmetric, but it's still beautiful, and wenge grain is shown great.
Wenge, as many things coming from Africa, is poop colored, and can kill you (wenge sawdust is similar to asbestos, but is also toxic). But I love how it looks and feels, and knowing that processing and polishing that wenge likely took a bit of manufacturer's life, I can feel that he put his life into making this knife, literally.
Knife is extremely thicc and hard - I wasn't able to bend the blade even the slightest at the end. The blade and tang itself is very nice, except that it's not sharpened well. It came with heat treatment certificate, but I'm not sure what to do with it. Certificate mentions the steel is 57-58 HRC.
The back of the knife is rounded a little, and has practically useless serration on it (because it is also rounded, kek). Not usable for striking firesteel, but I don't have one to actually check.
Overall:
Looks 10/10
Sharpness 6/10
Possible applications 6/10

Attached: IMG_20180521_125350.jpg (3264x1840 857.51 KB, 1.11M)

You forget, usually the sites with ads are the shitty ones. They spent more monies trying to advertise so you have to pay more.
sage for offtopic

Fucking plebs.

Attached: odachi-26.jpg (715x722 73.37 KB, 105.45K)

I wanna fuck that retarded kiwi

reminder that guy is a maximum cuckold

Which doesn't changes the fact that he as a lot of knowledge and experience about the use of historic weapons.

I own one of these (double edged) and they're not bad. Held up to me throwing it around a friend's garage trying to skewer rats at 3 AM.

Attached: 0e32e620b635aa166c54d845dd25909c0680cdc505019d031c3259fc0230f6ca.png (371x532, 280.83K)

I honestly have no idea what are you talking about, but the biggest problem with shops like kopromed is that they make knives in small bulk, and they have to sell what they make - so there's always a risk of getting knife from bottom of the bin. I've yet to see a company that makes small bulk AND has quality control, AND has low-ish prices.

I'm pretty happy with the one I got, but if not for fancy handle, overall looks and full tang, I'd rather use Mora 2000 or analogous mass produced quality knife, since it's 3 times cheaper.

Atleast from my area, the sites that are basic and rudementrary are more dedicated to actually making their stuff than marketing shit.

What would you do if you were limited to a blade no longer than 8cm? Those aren't considered weapons here, so we are free to carry them. In practice it should be more like 7,5cm (around 3") so that a pesky boliceman won't start arguing with me about 1mm.