FAL appreciation thread

Why is FAL such an incredible rifle?
I shot it today for the first time in my life. Before that I was shooting Mosin, AK, Winchester 1873, but at 25m as a beginner shooter I missed most shots. Only got to send like 5 out of 20 total hitting the human sized target where I aimed.
But when I took picrelated in my hands, I knew I was in love. It is not too heavy, not too light, just the right weight. Very satisfying iron sights that were easy to use even with large ear protection which was fucking with my aim for other rifles. From 5 shots I made, all 5 hit the target, exactly where I aimed, one headshot in the nose, and 4 body shots (it is expensive to shoot in my country, so I can't really go full auto, I have family to feed). And it just looks beautiful. It's long and elegant, and also means business, when someone carries this shit, he does not fuck around.
I'll probably go back to the range and shoot it again despite it costing me 2 bucks per shot + admission fee. I envy you burgers for having a possibility to OWN a rifle like this.

I'm a very occasional visitor, so I don't know Zig Forums's sentiment towards FAL. >inb4 Rhodesian bush war

Attached: a4ef3b0e5967777ab632a07609d1e665.jpg (1280x960, 621.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386904).
arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/notes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fired a FAL as well, they are really fucking nice rifles. Quite arguably the best of the 7.62x51 rifles. They really are a weapon that you don't realise how good they actually are until you have one in your hands. There is potential for them to become even better.

Attached: Blood of my enemies.webm (1200x748 2.48 MB, 213.4K)

I'm pretty sure I fired .308 Winchester out of it.
No idea if that is any different.
Wiki says they might be interchangeable.

Attached: 70af5fd5816fbcf51c46f860a5bed205.jpg (360x468, 19.71K)

Only an issue for faggotry rifles that don't work :^)

Attached: 49398258_p0_master1200.jpg (600x423, 247.54K)

Pure comedy gold

the characteristics of the tilting block and the weight of the gun make it so non intermediate cartridges are pleasant to shoot.
The FAL is plainly a better rifle than the G3 and M14 (yeah yeah I know the psg-1 shoots tighter groups).

See if you can find a FN-49 they're just as pleasant to shoot with that old world look to em.

It is a bit of concern if you've decided to fire something like a 174gr .308 through a gun chambered for 7.62NATO.

Attached: Don't be a nigger.jpg (300x266, 18.76K)

If only it was rotating bolt instead of tilting, then it'd be even more accurate

tilting bolt rifles aren't inherently any less accurate than rotating bolt rifles. It's just that there are not any existing tilting bolt platforms that have seen the level of development in the recent generation as have rotating bolt platforms.
tilting bolts can be made to give more consistent lock up (more locking surface area) and be much more durable. The problem is that it is far far easier to cost cut on rotating bolt platforms and that parts interchangeability is easier because you don't have the special sauce of the locking shoulder and locking surface having to mate just right and continue to do so with wear.

The difficulty the FAL has with doing any better than 1.5 moa in good builds has more to do with the stress placed upon the barrel.
If you want a rotating bolt FN rifle you can get a SCAR.
Tl;dr the tilting bolt is kind of like a really good cowboy boot: It will fit perfectly with fewer locking surfaces (doesn't have to be laced) and for longer, provided it is well designed, constructed from good materials, and cut properly.

FALs make my dick hard

Attached: 1a54807b6fa53723ac7d1e81d76ba89e231a1cee5279d524bd184d934679f131.png (361x432, 210.83K)

Just end me

How's the FAL perform with .308 soft point loads? I'd like a battle rifle I can hunt with too. Who's the go-to for an FAL now, still DSA? It's been years since I've looked.

.308 is usually hotter and can have much heavier bullets, but otherwise they'll both chamber in the same rifle.

Just break onto an army base. They're mothballed.

fuck both these faggots

It's the exact same bullshit here with the L1A1.

Attached: 1428812284023.jpg (317x400, 18.82K)

sorry I don't know

DSA sucks ass. Quality has hugely slipped and plenty of their guns wind up needing to be reworked by custom shops and leave customers subject to DSA shit customer service. DSA also switched from Forged receivers to Cast receivers and lied to their customers about it. DSA28388 was the last receiver to be forged, every higher number and DS (no a) prefixed serial numbers are cast with some exceptions (see: falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386904).
Coonan receivers were okay (despite being cast, and having some aesthetic issues) for a while but now builders are shying away from those.

Honestly pretty much every 922r compliant receiver is trash and you ought to look here: arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/notes.html where the most well respected FAL builder reviews various receivers (scroll down page).
You really should look for something made by an established builder on an serious import receiver (most commonly on an IMBEL receiver, which despite the brazil ape memes is extremely quality) or a pre 922r FAL.

So it's basically the same it was two years ago when I decided to stick with the PTR/HK91 platform. That sucks.

Rhodesia didn't even fucking have apartheid, based Ian McCommie lying to himself to he can justify fucking over Rhodesia

I still can't find a source for these videos

Attached: FN FAL Aesthetical Japanese Gun Reviews.webm (480x360, 5.46M)

Too many people are so fucking stupid and put Rhodesia/South Africa in the same bucket because they were both white african nations.
And normies don't want to actually do research on anything that's bad, because it may make them look bad.

well they are in the same bucket now, SA is chimpering about dispossessing SA farmers.

Yeah, but nobody with any power outside of SA will do anything about it.
They don't care.

Every gun is 150% sexier with wooden furniture.

Attached: SLR Master Race.jpg (540x799, 83.98K)

Ugh, glad I got a PTR…

From what I hear, now that the military has deposed mugabe they want the white farmers to come back because they realized just how bad they fucked up by letting nog commies run the country.
I'm not rushing to buy a plane ticket for obvious reasons, though.

the worst part is there are fucktons of fanboys circlejerking with every permutation of "cast is better with modern technology"

Emmerson Mnangagwa only said that for white people to eat up. His speeches in shona are still against the white man, and they now officially oppose the white man getting land back.

Unironically, the SLR is the one gun I prefer the look of when it has plastic furniture, something about that pebblegrain, unf
FALs on the other hand have shitty normal black plastic, they look better with wood

Life is truly suffering

Man you would have loved the day when StG 58 part kits were floating around everywhere.

What the fuck?

Attached: Disdain for plebs.jpg (321x325, 15.45K)

With FAL:

Attached: 09f61b8ce1d9c23f098aa02986ae92edf84023ffcab65e77c9b03f331ee8bdf2.jpg (1079x970, 119.25K)

I'll vouch for the FALFiles as being great for purchasing well-built rifles at a decent price, but the guy who runs Arizona Response Systems is kind of a whiny asshole.

Not hanks lad

Do you even operate?

Even with him being a whiny asshole, is his info still decent? I'm honestly looking to either snag a FAL or build one soonish, and wouldn't mind having a decent source to do so, especially with what was saying.

Attached: aXm3790xjU.jpg (650x650, 120.42K)

Attached: woodenclipfal.jpg (764x1024, 125.42K)

Kafkanishian
on (((youtube)))
Maybe you can find out more through your knowledge of Japanese.

PCBC-50401
Can you do something with this code, Samurai?

I am going to put an acr stock on my fal

Attached: 3cac4dbeb8badd30653918e2c2e3ac44.jpg (800x450, 233.54K)

DS are forged and made by LMT.
All G1 /R1 / l1A1 receivers are forged and were made by Lmt as are the DS prefix receivers.

Is that your SLR, user?

You won't regret it.

Why couldn't a guy just modify the FAL platform to accept say a AR styled rotating bolt for 7.62 and wham, call it the RAL.

How well would a FN Fal function compared in 7.92x41mm CETME Cartridge, and burst mode with how heavy the rifle is?

Sounds like the Modern Hunter/Varmint

TIL: there exist 80% FAL receivers. Granted, all the references to them I could find, indicate they're the most unreasonably difficult to mill successfully, with a plethora of high-dollar equipment needed to machine them to completion … and who here has seen a complete parts kit?

But it could be done.

There ages ago used to be tons of complete FAL kits that floated around, the last of which were old Austrian StG 58 ones. You don't really need a bunch of high dollar equipment to build them, you've just gotta build jigs that can cut said blank properly and with constancy. For a one off thing yeah its kind of pricey and fucking time consuming, like 60-100 hr project.

Here easy guideline, because every article is retarded and uses 5000 words to describe a simple fact.
5.56 is hotter than .223
.308 is hotter than 7.62

It is called ‘Guns of the world’ and comes in 3 parts.

Doesn't look like a FAL, looks like another AR-18 derivative.

Looks like an AR-18, charging handle is non reciprocating like a FAL, even folds up like one too.

I had a dream that I fired a FAL at the range. It was smooth and accurate. Then I woke up and I was Canadian.

7.62 has thicker brass and physically cannot be loaded to the pressures of .308 Win, and a 7.62 chamber has slightly more clearance to provide the brass some "give". .308 Win is more likely to have a case head separation, but it will not blow up the action.

Same case with 5.56 and .223, but the pressures involved there can actually be destructive in such a tiny gun.

Where can one buy a FAL for a reasonable price?

Best 7.62mm battle rifle EVER produced. Carried one for 6 years - never let me down, not once. If I had to go back, I'd take a7.62 FN over any other weapon. When it hits a 'target', that target is not fighting in that fight again.

Can you get a FAL in the US without paying over 800 USD?

Seconding this question with any other FAL-like or anything semi-auto in 7.62 NATO

Attached: fd4.png (450x450, 424.8K)

i regularly browse yankee gunsites pawing at the screen crying, and from what ive seen the answer is no unless you can find a guy who can cut you a good as deal. The issue is that from what i can see the prebuilt market is all new production of a relatively niche battlerifle for us markets and the self assembly types all go for very gucci near collector grade parts quality. Combine with that the fact that the FALs production cost was one of its main disadvantages i think you're unlikely to find one for 800. bet you can find a used DSA voyager for cheap, but from what ive read those have the worst QA of all DS products. Take everything written with a pinch of salt though.

gunbroker.com

Reminder that G3 Soyboys can't admit the FAL is the superior raifu as well as forgetting the only G3 that anyone likes is the HK33, i.e. the 5.56 model.

Would it technically be possible to make your own FAL? Would it be legal? I don't see anything illegal with making one.

We replaced the FAL with G3A3s because the G3 is the superior rifle. HK33 is trash by the way

Attached: 1467551925781.jpg (1280x635, 409.83K)

Fixed
Also you had a bunch of arms deals with Germany anyway based mostly on politics rather than effectiveness

There's still parts kits floating around and a few companies that make stripped and 80% receivers for them.
So yes, it's technically possible.

What did he mean by this

I don't have the tools to build, so which FALs are good to buy? Or just hope to get lucky on what might be a nice rifle on gunbroker?

Attached: 3428536613ff5d0b309b0d99a3a86a0752d889ebab61b61a6564cbe458c639f4.webm (888x498, 11.68M)

No, I mean getting the blueprints for it, and making it piece by piece.

That is going to take you down a path of making jigs, somehow getting a receiver made that isn't cast. Over all you'll be spending more money on the shit to make it than what the gun can be bought for on the market.

Older DSA's and huehue Imbels tend to be alright.

As much as the rifles tend to cost, its hard to justify going for an "Alright" fal when I can buy a Saiga made 74 for the same price.

I thought you got the G3 cause the Roaches had the G3?

Cheaper, sturdier, somewhat more accurate and reliable. The roaches are retarded and want to replace one of the greatest rifles for long range and mountainous combat with some kind of shitty nu-futuristic looking M4 clone.
The only weapon I would ever replace the G3 with is the AK-109 just so we arm untrained conscripts with a rifle that fires a powerful cartridge but has close to no recoil.

The G3 is easier to field strip and clean, handles mud and dirt better, and is in roughly the same price range as the FAL.

Just putting this out there, the Rhodesians and South Africans should've made it out to be an issue of capitalism versus communism, they may have been able to keep their White minority rule…

I feel your pain, fellow Canucks. What is it about the FAL that's just so goddamn desirable?

I just sold my FAL to pay for a Galil Ace in 7.62x51

1629$ at Atlantic firearms

Attached: a33b5ba464c53f8eca84530d2443b79e.jpg (4032x3024, 5.31M)

If Burgers were truly serious about fighting Commies they wouldn't have backed the Viet Cong against the French.

Attached: 432.png (456x496, 72.48K)

user…………..why

Attached: damn spongeboob.jpg (1440x1080, 72.85K)

OOooy! Dats my goy! Buy anuddah! Only raycist bad goy like the FAL!

Attached: Dww2Sc4Z_400x400.jpg (640x480 26.54 KB, 406.96K)

Tbh, everyone here is reeeing because "da jooz", but I'm unironically interested in this.

The Zastava M77 also looks kino, but they're all imported as slant cuts, so you have to re-weld them and get a new rear trunnion and furniture if you want the military configuration.

The SIG SG 751 looked great too, same benefits as the galil but not Jewish and probably more accurate, but only a handful of them were imported by JDI and they were $4000+ each.

Attached: 1424783828768.gif (186x211, 828.1K)

You do know that SIG is jewed as well. Right?

No, SIG (((USA))) is, the actual Swiss SIG/Swiss Arms company is fine. The 751 was built in Switzerland by Swiss Arms and imported by JDI, it wasn't the shit-tier """SIG""" crap built by spics in estados unidos.

1500$ less than a SCAR 17
Left side charging handle
More reliable than a FAL
Takes SR-25 mag of which I own about 30 for my LMT

The jewpig lies as soon as it opens it's snout.

I agree with the rest but
Based on what?

And yet it still is Jewish garbage that can't even compete with 60 year old battle rifles.
Please start eating more salads. Having double-sized burgers for breakfast, lunch and dinner are bad for your brain's health and it clearly shows.

Attached: 1463254875383.jpg (501x585, 87.93K)

You deserve to be nailed to a cross. Are you a boomer by any chance?

Attached: 96b7dab64a209cd0b5543802ff4b87d0b5bc0ea8f9d9c55384bdc43ac718575f.jpg (481x401, 33.72K)

Check your T-levels, aderfe, and go kill a pitogyro or something.

Truly, history repeats itself.

I got my PTR 91 GI for $799 plus tax

Attached: 719007545_4.jpg (500x114, 8.54K)

But Rhodesia and South Africa were pretty strongly allied with Israel, they were the only nation to help them out

Jewish lies, FALs run really shitty if you dont lube it well and its not that great in sand or mud when you take it to the field. The gas port can get plugged fairly easily, that's not to say you shouldnt do basic field maintenance but ill stick with my LMT MWS, Galil Ace and at some point in the future a Scar 17 if I can get one for 2500$