Homemade Guns

Homemade Guns thread?
Homemade Guns thread.

Attached: ADF6932D-4565-45CF-B736-70A8AD55D085.jpeg (2560x1920 53.22 KB, 393.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170102102045/https://8ch.net/k/res/350474.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Khyber pass.jpg (2560x1707, 1.14M)

That doesn't seem possible, there's no room for a gas piston. Did they just remove the whole thing and make it some weird pseudo-impingement design?

Not a clue if or how they got this to work. All I know is it was made by gunsmiths in a mountain pass in Pakistan famous for bootleg firearms.

Attached: Uncle Bashirs bootleg Bazaar.jpg (640x480, 119.74K)

I think it's a simple blowback weapon that is just made to look like a miniature AK.

I'm not saying the piston is still there, user, but I think you might be retarded.

It's a 7.62x25 subgun made from a damaged AKS in the sandbox. He chopped the receiver and welded it back together. The bolt carrier was also shortened.
The man holding it is a somewhat notable gunsmith who repairs weapons for citizens there to use for self defense. The Firearm Blog, I think, had an article about him a few years back.

Attached: Babby AK 2.jpg (1280x853, 138.46K)

Nice. I'll go look for it.

How are they loading the next cartridge though? It can't be bolt action or gas piston, its either what I said or what my good old hungariabro said here

By the way hi hungarybro i missed you. Lets talk rifle grenades!

When will assault pipes be banned?
(^:

Where's your pipe license?

Attached: 1511758743565.jpg (850x567 78.44 KB, 300.05K)

I was going to make a thread on this but it won't let any new threads in so I guess I'll post it here since it's somewhat relevant.
Anybody here have experience getting a Type 7 FFL? I'm looking to make some extra shekels on the side and becoming a FFL dealer seems like a pretty legit route. Plus, it seems like the savings you get buying firearm parts at wholesale is worth the cost and effort of the license. I don't have any felonies, etc. and I don't live in some faggot state like CA.

Also ignore the country, it's a VPN

Is SDI a decent place to learn gunsmithing? Quite a few gun channels on Full30 recommend them.

A few hundred dollars depending. Pay a lawfag, its worth it. There is a guy in Florida that specializes in it and takes care of everything for two hundred I believe.

Probably just straight blowback.

Some guy in australia made some very nice lutys
any guesses as to weather the recievr would be milled out of a single peice or screwed together, i see some screws but it be to hold the internals

Attached: AA7E3997-9C96-4D0C-9A84-D43A8BDA1C0F.jpeg (733x1311, 181.75K)

The top one is just a piece of standard square tube, the Webm of the Auscunts firing one shows that the spring is held in by a circular piece that is held in place by that rear screw, I assume the barrel is held in by the same method. The other three appear to be standard pluming pipe with the same sheet metal construction as the first.

Relevant video with a different set of lutys, for every 1 they find there are probably 4 or 5 more out there. The ones in your pic though look even better than the ones in the video since they have optics and folding stocks.

Looking at your pic more closely I cant see any seams between what would be considered the upper and lower recievers on the bottom 3 guns, also given that they have a round upper reciever this could mean they are actually stamped and bent rather than constructed from common steel tube.

The steel does look kinda thin so it might be stamped, to bad theres no different pictures from mulitple angles,
I wonder if you could carve out that shape with a home milling machine

Attached: 6803B870-DF75-4DFF-9FE2-74F5082534FC.jpeg (1536x1449, 284.48K)

Gun made for turning in at gun buybacks

Attached: 4C88B129-5783-453C-BBAF-6EFC0811A974.jpeg (1380x944, 324.03K)

also can any US citizen buy the plans and post them here
(I can’t cause im a beaner)

Attached: AFBAE9E7-CB4F-4044-B0F1-C39D660AB7D2.jpeg (1536x653, 278.45K)

You wouldn't do it with a milling machine, you would do it with a router or laser cutter.

It just occurred to me how fucking simple that is to make, you wouldn't need much past a basic hydraulic press and some simple steel blocks to fold that from a pre-cut flat piece of steel.

Semi automatic hand gun made in china

(Wouldn’t it be mechanically simpler to make a full auto only machine pistol)

Attached: 5C9360EB-CF22-47B1-80AE-9D4184F2905D.jpeg (876x688, 118.21K)

Only if its open bolt, that looks like its made to be concealed and used without drawing attention (the suppressor is cute) so it necessitates the closed bolt design.

One more dumb question
How do laser cutters work, like dont you have to worry about the metal changing properties after heating like metal tempering?
*it just occured to be to make the reciever out of aluminum*

You generally would have to re-temper after laser cutting.

did strelok delete his own post? or is it verboten to throw up schematics? it just looked like a barrel tied to a piece of wood so i don't know why it would be illegal inna US.

Despite the potential usefulness, I've been reluctant to bring up details of homemade guns in gun control debates because I know nothing about metalworking, and I can't really tell how technically difficult a lot of the plans that float around, such as the attached, actually are.
Theoretically, could an average person without prior experience go out and buy the tools, watch a few youtube tutorials, and after a bit of practice have a reasonable chance of making something functional without maiming himself? The welding in particular I have no idea the difficulty of.
And for a typical hobbyist, how many man-hours would one of these things take to make? For the purposes of debate, if some criminal organization decided to have one guy in a workshop making these like a full-time job, how many people could they arm and how quickly?

Apparently these were found in moscow

Attached: AB2E5793-CE44-4F51-BA37-E31E7AC7C3DC.jpeg (1536x960, 272K)

Homemade guns in mexico

Attached: 46B3F72D-9925-4A25-A8AD-E25515992903.jpeg (1419x743, 199.65K)

If you want to get primitive, you could go the C-Clamp route.

Can be bypassed with basic brazing.
Couple of hours if he doesn't get around to setting jigs up as for the criminal fellow he'd definitely have jigs set up and probably could crank dozens out in a day by his lonesome, more if he sets a production line up.

Homemade 22 revolver in Mexico

Attached: 22860BA5-9AA9-442A-ACC3-6C23BDE2AD9B.jpeg (1472x998, 371.77K)

Japanese machine gun built by a 60 year old man

Attached: 9A1C0DB7-0E89-4A8F-A761-213503008CF1.jpeg (1452x816, 292.42K)

You could have shown me a picture of that without the text and I probably would have guessed it was made by someone in Japan, some thought has been put into ergonomics but you can tell its built by someone with little practical experience with handguns.

Attached: k trolls gun buy back.jpg (1022x582 162.6 KB, 619.61K)

Kind of want to build a submachinegun.
Kind of don't want to go to Federal prison.

Cant go to prison if your dead

Not if i shoot you first pig

Attached: B01676D6-39F7-44E3-8319-3F8FD6FC3B05.png (700x677, 711.26K)

web.archive.org/web/20170102102045/https://8ch.net/k/res/350474.html

Attached: 8F8DCA05-AD9D-4615-B9DA-11566B6DC8CE.png (2048x1536, 406.35K)

Embed related seems to have some potential for home building

Attached: 25F24C30-ABBB-4CF3-854F-B03B1964CD79.png (2048x1536, 393.55K)

Attached: A7309279-5CF6-4D58-8647-CFA59F23F650.png (2048x1536, 429.66K)

Attached: 465C96FA-B2FB-464F-85EA-168B40EFD654.jpeg (1892x1399, 182.85K)

It's a rimfire .22 single shot, why would you need plans for those?

Attached: matchhead gun.jpg (730x1249 798.48 KB, 74.01K)

Forgot the rest of the ghetto 9

Attached: 9mm ghetto4.jpg (730x1249 69.21 KB, 62.79K)

I was just thinking that a clear goal could be designing a gun that can be made using only sheets/slabs of metal welded together.
Steel can be found on that shape and cutting shapes is viable even with a fucking vertical drill (or a vertical drill rigged into small milling machine).
I'll try to sketch something tomorrow to properly explain the idea. The overall concept is to reduce required powertools to just two or three very basic and common things.

No clue where this is from, or even if it works.

Attached: homemade bolter.jpg (600x1093, 60.73K)

Attached: lutysmg.jpg (1312x762, 121.01K)

I'm guessing it isn't a real gyrojet if it does.

Would this be considered open-bolt? I mean, it doesn't have an actual bolt, as the barrel goes onto the cartridge instead of the other way around, but what about for legal purposes?

That's the Khyber Pass- Pakistan allows people to make homemade fully-automatic firearms because the Khyber Pass is the only land route that separates Afghanistan from Pakistan- making it a hub for Taliban activity.

Every invasion of India had to go through that pass- and the only people I can think of who did it successfully are Nader Shah and the Mughals.

Attached: Nader_Shah_Afshar.jpg (300x482, 43.49K)

Those look like weird shotgun shells, so from that alone I doubt its real. The ejection port also doesn't line up with the barrel.
I imagine the way it could work with that size is being a bolt-action pistol, but even then the barrel is so short it wouldn't be very effective outside a few yards.

how can you forget about Alexander the Great?

Attached: Alexander_the_Great_mosaic.jpg (2560x1536, 1.54M)

hes not white

Who said any thing about white?

not alexander. the post your responding to is from signapore, ie they would not be likely to study western history

There's history outside of the West?

Attached: confused looking anime girls with interrogation marks over their heads.jpg (270x320, 17.03K)

yeah, but it's mostly irrelevant

Attached: eebf1c87688bac1dbefd43c83dc07279a0224af50404e0d6d7b909bde1703583.jpg (1322x599, 134.54K)

no not really, but they teach it anyway.

Chinese history is pretty cool

Attached: 354321FD-62A5-453C-B682-BA313998C6A0.jpeg (1536x1085 567.68 KB, 1.15M)

if you want a laugh

Attached: 30d1dd76335321509ca44ae2fb0b6420f4fbc97a2ca417b8b8fc5cbc26d60888.png (1266x521 36.21 KB, 38.58K)

The cartels are truly the industrial backbone of Mexico.
Here's a homemade shoota.

Attached: impr1454639090323-0.jpg (720x460, 82.77K)

That pic is from Brazil.

It is possible to build a semi-auto only, closed bolt carbine. I'm working on an expedient design right now and I've just about finished.

Is it gas piston? DI or roller delayed blow back?

Since its a 22 caliber and long gun, i doubt it was a cartel gun more like something for some farmer to plink and hunt small game with,
i actually kinda want one

Sounds interesting. Be sure to post up plans for it when done. Not many homemade guns are more than pistol caliber.

Blowback.

.357 magnum. Single stack, single feed magazine.

Everyone needs to start somewhere.

That's not 5.56 NATO. It's either 7.62 NATO, 7mm Mauser, or 8mm Mauser. 7mm Mauser was more common down there because of all the Mauser bolt action rifles they used to have. The gun is straight blowback and was used by a gang. It should have a roughly 8-10 lb bolt to operate safely and the receiver does have enough room for it in the back end but they may have been using something as light as 5 lbs.

Whatever's left of it.

He was talking about the revolver rifle, which does look like a .22, not the giant blowback. Which is .50 BMG, by the way.

Lad?

Attached: 57782051_p0.jpg (1000x1401, 899.12K)

So an M1 carbine but cheaper? I'm down.

Fine .22 longrifle you happy?

Yes, but only in the Modern Era.

No

Here's some of what I've got so far. I was going to make a Metral SMG, a few Luty guns, and some other stuff for practice in between classes. Got to keep those skills sharp.

When I was modeling the Luty designs I got to thinking about the tools that would be available to most people and the tools needed for this kind of work. So I set out to design a gun that requires no lathe or mill; only a drill, saw, router, file, tap and die, and some WD-40. McMaster-Carr has been very helpful.

Attached: Build progress 2.jpg (1437x839 133.58 KB, 107.79K)

Cotter pins, a very good thought.

The striker spring having to overcome the spring which forces the bolt into battery isn't a good design in my opinion.

It doesn't. The striker has a larger diameter hole that the bolt spring goes through unobstructed. The striker has it's own, larger diameter spring behind it. It was not visible in these pictures because the part was hidden at the time I took these screencaps.

Here's a section of the bolt assembly showing the firing pin. The pin is made from 2 separate pieces, a standard headed pin with a spring pushing it back and a larger diameter rod cut to length with a bit scalloped out for a screw to stop it from backing out. The bolt handle will be the firing pin stop.

The second picture shows the fcg with pins in place. Still haven't put in the ejector or extractor plates but I will soon. Sleep now.

Attached: Build progress 4.jpg (1349x839 222.27 KB, 90.48K)

That's only marginally better.

You could easily move the mainspring so that it sits above the barrel and the bolt pulls the guide rod to compress it, and then have a separate guide rod and spring for the striker which sits at the back of the gun.

come on guys you're letting me down

How difficult would it be to make a Schwarzlose/Pedersen type toggle-delayed blowback system?

Attached: pedersen1.jpg (1655x2270 54.31 KB, 54.43K)

Looks believable.
Albeit the trigger system looks a bit over-engineered for a homebuilt gun. There are ways to make a striker-fired semiauto simpler.

Attached: trigger.png (744x1052, 61.45K)

A lot of hand filing. Expect to throw out a lot of failed parts. That shit requires some real accurate dimensioning.

Very. That requires very precise machining. It sounds good on paper because you get a rifle with a fixed barrel and no gas system but the tolerances were so tight it was always on the bleeding edge of failure.

Thanks for that. I may use it in a .45-70 roller locked design in the future.

On the subject of rifling, would it be possible to bypass the problem with the usual blowback SMGs like the BSP 9 by using a pre-made 9mm AR barrel?
I know the cheapo SMGs lend themselves more to short range spraying and praying, so rifling might not be all that big an issue, but I still think a proper barrel would be a great improvement. I'm pretty sure that you can buy Sten barrels and the like for not too much cash, but AR barrels are far more ubiquitous.

You have a good idea, but I think the point of the OP was to try to inject freedom into communist countries like the UK or Australia. You have to act like no gun parts at all are available to you, start thinking like the Last True Briton Philip A. Luty.

With enough ingenuity you can use anything. There are some folks who have bought those cheap demilled AK barrels with the holes drilled in them, cut out an unmolested section between the holes, threaded one end, and chambered to make pistol barrels out of. A $5 demilled barrel can yield 3+ (depending on length and location of holes) rifled barrels of high steel quality. The AK barrels have good dimensions for rechambering to .32 ACP. You can also get FAL, Galil, and other assorted barrels on the cheap as they're all shittily demilled.

Yep, you have to assume that absolutely no gun parts are available. Unlike here and in the US, where only the part with the serial number is the 'gun', in cucked countries all the pressure bearing components are considered firearms.

Short barrels can be drilled with a simple twist drill and reamer, if you want to step it up a bit you could even make your own rifling button since with short barrels you can just press it through on a commonly available hydraulic press.

It doesn't solve the larger concern of ammo though, ammo is still controlled and most creators of these designs assume you can get a hold of it. Luty got put some thought into this by making ammo with brass tubing with match heads for powder but its not exactly a great solution, with the process taking considerable time and producing sub-standard ammunition.

I have been thinking about this over the last few days I am starting to believe that a truly successful design has to be a complete package. Gun, dies for drawing brass cases, tooling and guides on how to make basic smokeless powder from scratch, etc. There is a project called Open Source Ecology which looks at all the machines you need for basic civilisation and lays out a roadmap for building all of them starting from just one machine, I think a similar approach for guns is the correct way to go and given the low cost of benchtop CNC mills (< $1500USD for a cheap Sieg X2 mini-mill and CNC conversion kit) I think its do-able.

First place you'll want to start looking is lathe turned casings. Expensive and time consuming but much more accessible than a homemade brass drawing rig I'd imagine. It's how a lot of rare brass gets custom produced in the US.
Projectiles can of course be cast easily and when it comes to powder/primer the chemistry is floating all over the internet.

I did consider machined casings but there a few issues with them, the main one being that it still doesn't solve the primer issue. Even Luty used blank cartridges for the primers which breaks the rule of not needing anything potentially controlled, so realistically the person making the guns and ammo is going to need to do some drawing.

Again though, the mold needs to be made. You can't expect someone in China to be able to order a 'Lee bullet mold #xyz' like you can.

Yes but the tooling to consistently make smokeless powder isn't. Mixing a bunch of chemicals together in a specific way doesn't magically make the extruded smokeless powder we can freely buy. Granule size has to be tightly controlled to ensure consistent burn rates and safe pressure levels.

NO!

If the toggle assembly is mounted indirectly to the receiver with an adjustable screw, you can fine-tune the arm angle and delay.
Which is exactly how I think the testbeds for this system looked like.

Attached: adjust delay.png (1052x744, 37.6K)

Is there a way to make ANFO burn slower?
If not, would overbuilding the gunbarrel make it safe enough to use?

AFAIK the first bolt-action rifles were designed to use black powder. As filthy as it is, most revolvers and certain self-loading systems could use it without fouling too soon.

Attached: Blackpowder_&_Measure.JPG (674x524 1.28 MB, 93.5K)

You don't exactly need tooling to pull off making consistent grain sizes. There's a decent way to pull it off by experimenting with shrinkage after you put a wad of paper or piece of white cloth into sulfuric acid till it blackens then into a Nitride bath.

after that you can get something to grind it into your desired size.

Experiment with stuff like coffee, salt and pepper grinders.

Nitrocellulose is pretty stable, you can even put it into a blender to get finer particles if needed.

Don't do this, you will consistently have dead hangs if the mixture is slightly off.

Black powder as well isn't exactly safe since it can spontaneously combust in the right conditions then explode.

All you really need to rifle a short barrel (around 7 inches) is a hammer, a button and a stiff enough rod. Longer than that and you can do pull button rifling. It's pretty easy to come up with a contraption for that since it turns as fast as the rifling is being pulled through according to the twist rate you want (the main part is the sinebar which was also used for cut barrel rifling)

Attached: 2010-01-22_045548_sine_bar.png (711x366, 28.53K)