Sniper Rifles For Every Budget

Lad's help me sort through the bullshit and figure out which are the best rifles for sniping. The scenario is: The Chinese Reds have invaded and have captured most cities. Liberals, the most common type of traitor in America, being concentrated in the cities, acquiesced. Rural America remains, as in the PRC, largely uncontrolled, but heavily oppressed. Your task: keep the Reds from feeling safe anywhere except their most defended corridors.

However, for you to do this, you must first select and acquire a rifle, today. Depending on your difficulty level, you will have more or less money to spend.

I'll go first, and give my picks, but I admit I'm not going on any goddamn experience.

Let's say:
1. Dream rifle, no price limit
2. Less than $2000
3. Less than $1000
4. Less than $500
5. Cheapest possible
THIS IS WITHOUT OPTICS
You can discuss optics, but don't include them in the price.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x342, 206.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Q2nfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1696f9cbf8191900b65c5e4b2f94a770843161f4e7c2fe60b7ad839e3b90031a.png (785x980, 587.32K)

Why not make a rifle made out of scopes which will turn anything it is attached to into a sniper rifle? Call it a Scooparifle?

So here's mine (all in 308):
1. pic related
2. Bergara LRP
3. Mossberg MVP LC (Light Chassis) (technically $20-50 bust on price, I think it will go down)
4. Savage M11
5. T/C Compass

I quite agree. But you can put a $3,000 scope on a $200 rifle, for example, so there are too many possible combinations. Also, irons are better than normies realize.

If you have ideas about how to deal with scopes, that would be interesting. But first, what rifles would you pick for each?

tbqf I'm not a coward, so I don't mind calling any 1moa rifle a sniper rifle.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1707x806, 361.28K)

One of the reasons I made this thread is that it seems like everyone is buying AR's and related "assault rifles", which are so incredibly boring, in my opinion.

That is very interesting, user.

Go away, you idiot.

I've bought a 24" 6.5 grendel barrel, because I'd head good things about it's down-range performance considering the OAL limitation.

Yes I've also heard that barrel length isn't all that closely tied to accuracy which is any sniper's goal, but making the bullet go faster will yield better downrange performance, which is also any sniper's goal … shoot them from as far away as humanly possible.

Excitedly gearing up for my journey into hot reloads for heavy bullets, I used my tools to measure the chamber … lands start at 2.175". Three quarters of the loads out there won't fit without shoving the bullet an eighth of an inch into the brass first … causing unreasonable pressure spikes, not to mention accuracy problems.

Heck, my BCA 7.62x39 accepts 2.5" rounds … I should be able to get 2500fps with a 150gr BTSP. … I think I'm less than $500 into that but I took a year buying parts, and as I need to amoritize the 50%-interest in the 80% jig across the four lowers I finished, there's an extra cost, bringing the stripped lower to over $50, $20 for LPK, $50 for a trigger, $15 for grip, $13 for carbine recoil kit plus $30 for the buttstock, $150 for the upper, and a few tries at getting a working side-charging carrier, so about $250-ish although half of that can/will be used elsewhere … $65 for the barrel, I somehow talked myself into $85 for the rail-height steel gas block, $11 or so for the gas tub and $15-ish for the muzzle device.

Whew, lad! that sub-$500 rifle cost me a bit more than I remembered … the grendel doesn't have a buttstock/guard, or gas block yet. So the 7.62 is the only AR I have right now.
It shoots pretty okay but the recoil causes EVERY SCREW to come loose, so my grip falls off about the time I realize my scope is useless, which is fine because the gas block has slid forward to cover the barrel's hole now, leaving me to mortar every round out as if it'd gotten stuck.

…no, I guess that's not my best choice for a sniper rifle. Anybody know where to get a good grendel barrel…?

Accuracy International AX 338.
Though depending on terrain and AO if money were no object I'd be sorely tempted to look at a Solothurn S-1000 or an accurized Anzio.

Yugo M76 in 8mm or .30-06'.

PTR-91 in .308.

Used Savage 110 in .308 or .30-06'.

Sporterized Mauser with decent barrel and crown, either in 8mm or .30-06'.

All with fixed power optics. The key in that kind of harassment is to emphasize capability and durability, with accuracy being an important but trailing priority. By sticking with common or historically common military calibers your options for ammo selection drastically go up, and you should still be able to scrounge boxes from backwoods gas stations/hardware stores and small town gun shops if needed. Of course the .338 is an exception caliber wise, but that opens up a whole new world of possibilities if the shooter has the capability for it.

Attached: SporterMauser1.jpg (1920x611 1.17 MB, 111.71K)

Literally all you need.

Attached: copy of sks1.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (700x525, 118.02K)

Any custom 700 action or tikka in a chassis /w AI magazines.
Big dick rifles like pic related in magnum calibers also do the job. I don't want to argue prices, cause any complete rig will run you >1000usd

Your list is bretty gud, but are you sticking with .308 because of SHTF reasons? A 6.5 caliber would improve performance significantly.

My autism demands you remove those non submoa rifles from the list, but I guess the thread is about stopping the red menace.

naw

Attached: DTA SRS.jpg (3264x1907, 1019.32K)

If you want to shoot stupid big boolit an accurized 14.5mm is probably where it's at.

WWII 14.5mm is actually way meaner than even modern 20mm, it uses the same concept as german the 7.92x94mm (a small bullet in tungsten sitting on a stupid load of powder) but with a much bigger bullet (and the powder charge of a 20mm).
I think some South-African company did some.

>sniper rifle
it must be fun being this stupid

Attached: 9a2ecbc43faebe297c0826d3d300b6c1487d6c054fdf8314ba87e53f425edb76.jpg (720x718, 56.44K)

For an AR? Odinworks
Also, if your grip is falling off use some fucking blue loctite you heathen.

the absolute state of you, fucking end yourself

To be fair the serbs did use M76's in that role to quite some effect.

and the accuracy/range expected has increased a lot in the last 50 years. ww2 a m76 would totally be a sniper.

To the average grunt having your NCO get popped off by a guy 700m out is pretty fucking demoralizing especially if you've got no way to respond back. Besides that 2moa at 800m is perfectly acceptable.

yeah. actual M76s, not the ohio shit.

The question posed at the start was about a campaign of harassment. Obviously you can have all the billy badass delusions of sneaking 4 miles on your belly and killing the top chicom with a single round then managing to escape the mire that you want, but that's neither realistic nor what was posited.

I stated that I wanted to go for durability and ammo choice over pure accuracy, and though I didn't state it volume of fire for the mad minute needed to respond in the sort of tactics being discussed is paramount as well. If you want to disagree I'd love to debate the pros and cons, but if you're going to refuse to understand the scenario and instead get hung up on sub-moa on a static range then choke yourself instead.

1. DTA SRS .338
2. Weatherby Mark V Accumark .338 Lapua
3. Savage 10 FCP .308
4. Ruger American .308
Yeah I know that 6.5 Creedmoor has better long range stats than .308 but OP is asking for battle rifle

It's been mentioned. And bought, but I haven't re-assembled everything since cerakoting everything.

Oh shit, so that's where "gaming" peripherals lend their designs from. Bullshit """""sniper"""""" aesthetic. It all makes sense now.

1.) belgian made sterilized FN FAL, accept no substitute for killing commies.
2.) dpms lr-308 because i dont know all that many guns, but this one seems to be held in high regard for accuracy.
3.) tikka, ruger, marlin all do a good rifle for under 1k, or second hand models are available for less than 1k.
4.) fuck, i dunno. some beater surplus rifle or something.
5.) given a machine shop with lathe and milling machine plus tooling i could crank out a rifle pretty cheap. sine wave rifling benches are stupid easy to make. probably make a bolt with quarter threads. single round cap just to make it quicker and easier to produce.

actually, now that i think about it, they sell hexagonal and octagonal carbide cutting bits, i wonder if they have them in gradients leading up to rifle calibers? could do a polygonal rifling for better wearing capabilities.

I have a Marlin X7 in .270 winchester with a simmons 8 point scope mounted, firing 130-grain ballistic silvertip. Rifle, scope, and 40 rounds costed me less than 500 dollars.

Savage rifle with a 4x scope. Better than what the germans had back then.

1. Nugget and a bottle of expensive vodka
2. Nugget
3. Nugget
4. Nugget
5. Nugget, but without any wood

I know that it became a meme, but mosin-nagant is now in the C categorie, and pretty cheap (well, it's around 200e - 250e, regular european cuckery).

Does it have any utility, or is it really useless?

Depending on the bore and who had it last or if its a genuine Sniper/ex-sniper are factors on how they are. Finn nuggets and most Sniper/Ex-Snipers tend to be very accurate with good ammunition.

1. Nugget with two whiskey bottles and a possible supressor
3. nugget
4. nugget
5. Your dick if your white/black cause the chinese rear is staffed by women lol

I'd move the first limit to 3000 since a lot of expensive but not crazy stuff is on that range (2000-3000).

No limit: Sako TRG M10 in .338 LM, shit looks just tasty.

Somewhere around 2000-3000 bucks: Helix alpine. Straight pull is my fetish. THICC and threaded barrel pls.

Cheaper: Howa 1500 seems like a nice deal.

Too cheap to be true: Zastava something, something in 308.

Attached: Merkel_Helix_Alpinist_08.jpg (1600x238 382.5 KB, 97.82K)

acog :-DDD

I'm sorry expat-kun, but straight pull rifles are a meme fit only for dentist and other uninformed richfags.

Yeah, what if it is EXTREMELY tactical?
This is what happens when you give full freedom to a german engineer to design your weapon. Looks like a brick

On a side-note: Are there really any downsides to straight pull? The Helix has 6 fucking locking lugs and -apparently- delivers very good accuracy.
Other than making you look like a faggot, what's wrong with them?

Attached: strasser-tac-1-Banner[1].jpg (2000x582, 42.65K)

Another potential sub-$2000 you could try is Bergara's B-14 HMR in either .308 or 6.5 Creedoor.

Attached: Capture.JPG (913x160, 27.97K)

Bumping thread

Any rifle is a sniper's rifle in the the hands of a sniper. None of you faggots are snipers, so no rifle you hold will ever work. Being a sniper is 99% fieldcraft and 1% shooting. Anybody can learn how to shoot.

>>>/bog/

Dishonorable rabble, you lot.

Attached: absolutely_disgusted_redcoat.png (371x398, 235.16K)

Inb4 Amerifat
I like the m1a from Springfield armory.
Pic unrelated.

Attached: 06A84A8E-5CFC-4D01-A696-836EED236907.jpeg (1024x789, 77.24K)

Why aren't savage rifles used for competition much?

I'd love to have an answer about this. Only eurofags get modern straight pull rifles and it seems like ye olde continent doesn't have an internet connection yet (or at the very least people doing proper reviews about this rifles).
Maybe smalahove pasta is right afterall.

Naked Nugget: A Nugget deprived from its wood.

Howa 1500? Brownell's has some good deals
archive.is/Q2nfY
on "barrelled actions" but I have no idea what words to look for in a stock that will fit it.

Carcano 91

Straight pull rifles is a meme. Only dentists and people who doesn't know the concept of diminishing returns buy them, thinking they'll be hot shit hunting big game. That is if they're lucky and the action doesn't fail and impale their face.

There's a decent aftermarket for Howa 1500. I recommend the KRG Bravo chassis.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1000x350, 109.93K)

Dude the definition of a "sniper rifle" is a rifle used by a sniper. Literally any of those rifles could be used by a sniper.

But that's not exactly a mechanical down side to straight-pull actions, just a cost consideration.

Care to elaborate on this? Most straight-pulls are just a regular bolt action but with a camming pin to do the rotating, no? What are these major failures that can occur?

Attached: K31-and-K11-comparison-bolts.jpg (2500x1615, 972.46K)

I think he went full retard and bought the fuddlore about Ross rifles dumping the bolt into your face - that only happened if you assembled it incorrectly, and they later added a failsafe to prevent it from happening.

There's only a few types of straight-pulls currently in production, and those include the popular Blaser R93, R8, and the Merkel RX lineup of rifles. There's at least a couple of documented cases of the R93 having a locking failure and severely injuring the shooter.

Fair enough, but that's a failing of Blaser, not the entire idea of straight-pull actions. A kraut company fucking is no reason to badmouth ma raifu the K31.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1023x679, 459.4K)

Fair enough, but that's a failing of Blaser, not the entire idea of straight-pull actions. A kraut company fucking up is no reason to badmouth ma raifu the K31.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1155x700, 676.35K)

The K31 is the only straight-pull I'd want, tbh.

Funny that those situations always include reloaded ammunition.

Attached: Mauser SR93.jpg (800x285, 27.24K)

I was a sniper in the Marines from 2007 to 2011 and I just bought my first long range rifle. I ended up with the Savage 110 desert tactical in 6.5cm I taped some foam mats for a better cheek weld and threw on a SWFA 12x42 with some Burris HD Tactical rings. Then I added a Harris HBRMS. I ended up paying about $1100 and I shoot 1/2 moa. My scope tracks with this round out to 2000 yards accurately and the cartridge has a trans-sonic barrier of around 1450 yards or so.Since I'm not a weak beta and I'm good with a scope, I will take this rifle hunting even in close range wooded situations with the 12x optic. You plebs should get a good semi auto with a tactical BDC reticle though unless you can mil your targets and make corrections from memorized charts and tables.

Gee son, are you going elephant hunting?
No, but that's a neat setup. Fixed power at 12x is kinda high imo.

Attached: Hotwheels.jpg (945x1385, 142.46K)

Poachers kill elephants with 22lr all the time, they just pop in like 4 shots behind the ear and down it goes. I was going to get the fixed 10, but someone on Armslist nearby had the 12x and the rings for $225. I used a S&B PM2 3x12x50 on my M40a3 which was the only scope that I had ever used. I remembered 1100 yards being pretty small in the glass so I didnt really want to go much lower. After getting it, I'm glad I went with the 12x. I use the Bindon Aiming Concept and I can zero in on a bird flying overhead at 50 to 100 ft in like 2 seconds.
The guy who sold it wanted a 3x9 to hunt with, but I will happily hunt the dense woods of the Appalachians with my 24" 12.5lb 12x fixed power 6.5 for now. Maybe when I get older and more easily irritated, I'll get a youth model 7mm-08 with a fixed 6x or something keeping things around 7lbs.
As far as the 6.5c goes, once I get my reloading gear all figured out, I'm going to change barrels and try some 7mm wildcats. I'm thinking the 7mm Sherman Short. Some people are getting 3000+ fps with 190gr vld's and over 3500 with 120g loads. Not bad for a magazine functioning short action. With potential 0.7 and greater BC, those things almost make long action magnums obsolete.

You wrote 6.5cm instead of 6.5cr, which is the common abbreviation for 6.5 Creedmoor. I need to point this out.

Good deal on the scope. Seeing alot of 7mm wildcats appear here, too. Short action 4 lyf, because I'll never be jewed for magazines again.
I'm getting my remmy 700 re-barreled for .260 pretty soon. Gonna have to decide on a decent bullet weight and twist rate.

I have astagmatism and can't see shit with optics

i'm probably better playing as the rifleman class

This is common enough it makes me wonder if there are scopes, or adjustment-scopes like the separate magnification tubes for red dots, that adjust for astigmatism. I bet there'd be a market for it … but I haven't tried looking anything up yes so maybe mr 20/20-and-then-some should shut up about now.

Yeah I am going to buy a savage 110 inna 30-06. I need a rifle for skinwalkers.

I love bolt action rifles and just want to say that any 30-06 cartridge less than 180gr is for women and only noodle arm faggots bring their riafu down from their shoulder to work the bolt action.

Get a load of this poof.

That ain't no brass bullet.