So...

So, I've been designing guns that could be built with basic materials and tooling with varying degrees of success as of late. An idea came to me about a year ago, but only now am I really thinking about it. What if we

This would let people capable of easily building a gun with whatever they had available to them. It'd be great, and it'd definitely be better than any of Cody Wilson's (I love him, don't get me wrong) shit.

Hey Cody, if you're reading this, pls make it

Attached: IMG_3245.JPG (2764x1268, 336.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D_dXVwZb33Q
dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/909379.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The two biggerst problems are still barrel and ammunition, and you can't make those with simple hand tools. Now, electrochemical machining could give you a simple enough answer to the problem of barrels and I do plan on experimenting with this technology for "proper" mass production, but even that requires quite an investment. And if you already invest in everything needed for these, then buying a turret mill shouldn't be that much of a hurdle.

im in the camp where it's better to go raid a national guard depot than try to nigger rig your own weaponry if you need weapons.

what about shotguns then? lead can be cast, hulls are easy to make, black powder can be made, no need for rifling

Hand made guns have a few benefits, though.

It would honestly be easier to just make random guns yourself. Or figure out ways to say rifle barrels and create ammo without the proper tools.

Attached: Baby Shoes for Sale, Never Worn_.png (500x775, 97.57K)

In an insurgency scenario homebrew explosives and possibly chemical weapons would be a much better use of time and resources than handbuilt firearms, especially in a country with high availability of said weapons.

you'd be better using and improving existing designs, theyre already extremely simple.

slam-fire shotguns seems to be good idea.
Its easy to conceal and can be used as batton.
After committing hate defence against fellow syrian gynecologist, incomporate weapon into your garden watering system

What we need is some good plans for the HUEHUEHUE Uru SMG.

21 parts (mag include), no pins, no screws.
It's bent sheet metal and a bit of milled parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_dXVwZb33Q

Attached: Uru1.PNG (703x469 330.66 KB, 345.46K)

no. the cost and labor time is expensive.

actually attainable.

The alternative is buying them, you fucking fed.

Not for slam-fire shotguns. Or zip-guns if you have an angle grinder/dremel.

Rifling isn't the most important thing. Would you rather have a cheap, unrifled gun or no gun at all? If you're creative enough and have a chart of dimensions (and tensile strengths of the material), you can easily make a barrel out of pretty much any small steel tube/pipe. For example, seamless ⅛" NPT/BSP normally pipe works as a barrel for .22lr.

The fact that that no one has designed a decent repeating firearm that doesn't require more than (optionally) cheap hand tools disproves that

op this is so stupid. what do you expect to discover "new" about gun design? you won't improve on the basic design of the gun it's been optimal for 400 years.

if you wanted to do this to find a bullet design with higher ballistic coefficient, one less prone to tumbling through transsonic, find an optimal rate of twist for your rifling, optimal lens design for a scope - i would agree with you.

Obviously the biggest problem is not the gun itself, but the fuel. I've seen video of bullet manufacturing and that shit looks hard to DIY

What you want to use is OpenFOAM along with your basic AutoDesk/CAD tools.
OpenFOAM is very robust, I used it to design foundries/furnaces, but even their 'demo' has things like engines, etc. it's really a good simulator.

What I do for my projects is this:
paper sketch/"rough draft", this will be completely out of scale, crudely drawn, etc. Figure out what you want to do, then determine what is physically required to accomplish this. E.g. don't use thin wall pipe for a barrel.

Next move onto CAD, your design will change a bit as you figure out the scale of everything.

Anytime I come across a major 'flaw' in a design, I go back to the paper and make my changes there before making changes to the CAD design, I just find it 100x easier to do complex calculations on paper than with any program/text editor.

Finally, once you have a design you think is good, import it into OpenFOAM and start running your tests, determine failure points, etc.

Repeat as much as you feel is necessary. It's also not a bad idea to make a simple cardboard cut out to determine the size you'd like your gun to be, with large industrial furnaces it was a bit easier as I just needed to know how many tonnes of metal to melt.

Gun barrels have been made for centuries now. Anyone with a basic forge and a mandrel or mandrel-like device can make a barrel.
Also, buy a lathe and a gun drill, problem solved.

Ammunition is a bit harder, particularly the brass case, primers, gunpowder, lead, etc. is all fairly easy to procure. Could always use a really stiff cardboard or cast plastic or something.

what is the Luty? numerous Sten clones? you can clone basically any pistol with hand tools and time. there are a few more advanced designs in the pinned file sharing thread.

eh? that's easy. if you're super ghetto about it you can even get by with match heads for powder.

It's easy. All you need is sulfuric acid (plenty of ways to sythesize it), a nitrate (most 2-part ice packs), water, cotton (printer paper is way better, everybody just uses cotton) a means of cooling it and add some ammonium nitrate to your nitrated cellulose. The ammonium nitrate reduces the nitrocellulose when fired.

I know about Luty's SMGs. I don't know if you noticed it, but I used one as the thread picture. His BSP SMG (not the one I posted, the pipe one) requires straight thread pipe and fittings. Here in America, we use tapered thread pipe and fittings. As does pretty much every country other than Britain. That's not the biggest problem as this can be rectified by buying from the right sources or having taps and dies on hand to straighten the threads or just buying them from somewhere else. The big problem is that many parts have to be cut out of ⅛" and ¼" steel plate. This isn't even mentioning the other oddball Brit parts.

Lutys basic design can use a simple piece of square tubing, its great on how adaptable it is. Its how the emus Australians do it.

Infinitely more complex, expensive and inconveniente (as in less viable for quietly making guns when you're not supposed to be doing it because some soup letter faggot might go after your butthole) than either electrochemical machining or button riffling with a press.

dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/909379.pdf

There you go, m8. There are videos about it too.
The only downside I can think about it is overall barrel durability (specially corrosion). Trying to coat that shit without shitting up your accuracy can be a challenge, but anything would be better than no rifling.

That's what you aim for when making the simplest improvised guns, shotgun have low pressure, you can use a common steel pipe with ease.
In Argentina inmates make that shit with gas pipes and nails. I'd use something a bit better if possible.

Sure, but guns would still be better as a defense weapon during the event of direct confrontation with the authorities (of course, while trying to ge the fuck out because you're not supposed to fight directly). On that situation, the risk of collateral damage (and even going full muslim) is very high with improvised explosives; you lack range and precision.

Some of that stamping is more difficult for small scale production than it seems. It would work if you capture a proper stamping machine. But that's a different story.

A zip gun can be made in half an hour.
Some shithole people from south east asia shit out guns in less than half a day of work. Button rifling can shit out barrels in a couple of hours once you have the process well established.
Electromechanical takes a bit more time.

Just handtools is a bit too much. At the very least you need a "big" hydraulic jack, a vertical drill that isn't shit and some hand tools. That is, if you want to make something that isn't utter shit.
If you're ok with shit, a vertical drill should be the bare minimum.

Here, have some pictures. Pic 3 is a commie LARPer with a DIY mortar.

Attached: armas_tumberas_1_crop1513650388867.jpg_1734428432.jpg (460x250 67.45 KB, 36.15K)