French legislation

So I'm completely new to Zig Forums, and I've just discovered that French guns laws are actually pretty open when it comes to firearm ownership. By having a license at a range you can get any semi automatic providing that it is 30 rounds max per magazine, under 20mm caliber. I mean, it's way less restrictive that I could have expected. But this sound too god to be true in my opinion. Any frenchfags here would be willing to tell me about their gun ownership experience?

I'm probably going to get a license and get a B category or something like that later this year, if everything is like what I've read.

Attached: British_and_French_Snipers_During_Ex_Boars_Head.jpg (3712x2712, 860.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country
gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/italy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

EU legislation restricing mag size to 3 and ban semi-autos is already incoming.
Sorry for everything, Frenchbro.

Is this a typo, or are you joking? Literally 3?

Do three round magazines even exist?

H&K SL7's came with a three rounder. Bolt action shotguns tend to have three round mags due to hunting laws.

Why would you need more? School shooting perhaps?

Do you restrict a drill to a three hole maximum? A hammer to a three strike limit? Both can be used to kill humans in an unlimited fashion.

Are you autistic?

I thought france also restricted "military" calibers too?

Nip-san, both france and the us have roving packs of sub humans. 3 is not enough to defend your life.

10 for long guns, 20 for handguns. Except if you are member of (((official shooting association))) and you need it for "sport". Dont know for France, but in Poland you need to be member if you want have guns on sporting licence. Stocking up on AK and AR mags anyway.

Are you retarded? Why are you here?

Yeah, you're autistic.

At a 3 round limit a lever action becomes more appealing… Unless those are also capped at 3 rounds. Then again, If you get sent to prison for defending yourself everything is kind of shit.

No doubt, you're subpar IQ.

And your flag is from a country who had a discharged employee enter an assisted care home, stab multiple people to death and the only reason the police caught him is because he turned himself in.

But 'muricans with >10 rd magazines are evil.

Carry on.

Hell, even /tech beat you in updating a thread that I was following. I'm bored.

It is true.
Though you have to renew your range license every-year and get it stamped 3 times a year in controlled sessions. Basically all it does is it costs yearly money and you have to show up from time to time to train… (something which there are no downsides).
Buying cat B firearms is a bit of a pain since you have to ask for a prefecture authorization (which takes at least 2 months) which comes with paperwork (green slit from the federation, proof you have a safe that kind of shit, copy of your stamps thingy, etc… Nothing challenging if you're familiar with the french administration, a horrible-killing-bald-eagle-at-a-sight-nightmare if you're American), a police investigation (which typically shouldn't be more than a phone call of the cops/gendarmes to check if you're not a mute and lied about your phone number because the only question they might ask is "why do you want to buy guns? To which the answer is "to stop using those of the club and have my own". They might come to check the safe and shit but since it's one guy per sous-prefecture size area that does that it's not like he gives an actual fuck as long as nothing seems weird in your profile… which you're filling, so…). That's were there is a bit of a caveat since some prefecture don't give a fuck and issue permits to buy 3 at a time with a fair limit before they ask you if you really need more semi-autos that you have fingers (then you have to apply for "collector" status which is an entire different beast, I think) and some issue permits one by one and frown past two guns (at least that's what I heard. So far where I am we're in the first category, so…)

Something to really know is that yearly licenses are in SCHOOL YEARS (as are most sports federations in France).
Meaning if you take a license today you only have 5 months until it expires (most ranges being sports clubs rather than range they tend to close for part or total of summer holidays for the same reason since sports clubs are largely coordinated for kids/youth activities).
Though it might be a good idea to get one now make a first stamp immediately in middle March, second stamp end of Mai, take the 2018-2019 license in September, make your third stamp and start doing the paperwork to buy guns, you should have your authorization(s) by Christmas.

Once you have the authorization(s), buying the guns themselves is trivial, you give the papers to the gunshop they fill what they have to, you pay, you leave with your gun(s).
Internet buy is you pay to reserve the gun, then you have to post the authorization, they receive them, do what they have to do with it, they send it back with the gun (gun come in two different packages, typically the gun then the barrel or something like that).

So EU laws have higher priority than national laws in Europe? That's pretty fucked. We have a three round maximum (w/ one in chamber) and a lot of hunters here complain of not being able to get quick shots at a pack of hogs.

First of all Cali tier isn't "good". Second of all… Every western nation has about 10000x more gun rights than every non-western nation, that's called freedom.

If we ignore exceptions like war zones, religious police, or large proportion of non-citizen slaves, the countries with the most guns are…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country
United States, Serbia, Cyprus, Norway, Uruguay, France, Canada, Austria, Iceland, Germany, Finland, Switzerland, Macedonia, Australia. Consider that Australia, the liberal gun control utopia, is about midway in the list of the most well armed populaces of the world. Montenegro, New Zealand, Greece, Croatia, Panama, Sweden, Latvia, Czech republic, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Armenia, Italy. Italy specifically has ridiculous gun control because of mafia days.
And then there are 140 hellholes after that.

Puts in perspective how special America is, and how bad things can TRULY get.

Wasn't Yemen #2 for a while? Whatever happened to that?

Attached: Redpiling infograph.jpg (1029x4529, 809.38K)

EU can go suck a dick, the French Shooting Federation (a federation in France isn't a NGO it's recognized as part of the sport ministry once established) has fairly recently re-created a special discipline called T.A.R., "Issued weapon shooting" which they heavily back and is also backed by the defense ministry and is exactly what it sounds like (only military weapons "as generally issued", unlike ISPC).

No they don't. They wish.
The EU gives "directives", how they apply is left to the countries. If a country decide they don't (or that they do, but only in the case of a space trip to mars), the EU can't do jack and shit about it.

.>Italy specifically has ridiculous gun control because of mafia days.
Italy is the only country in the EU where you can own full-autos legally…

Que?
gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/italy

No, but they will enforce a permanent remodeling of higher capacity magazines to only accommodate 3 rounds, it has unfortunately been like this in my country for a long time, although our government went by 1 in the chamber and two in the mag for semi autos.

Every time I look for full auto videos of European weapons they end up in Italian…
It's something similar as a FFL you have to register as a gunsmith or something. I also know have extensive conceal carry laws, so I highly doubt semi-auto are even remotely as restricted as in France.

Why are all tor posters so fucking retarded?

>U R gay Uruguay
Those numers are off. Uruguay has a shitload of 100 years-old+ still on the record, those are probably lying around in some charrua basement doing nothing but rusting away. Having a very small population helps inflate the number.

And yes, ironically enough, the right you burgers have is a huge priviledge.

They're probably either provocateurs or retards trying to evade their ban

Thanks a lot, that's really useful.

Federalization is a one way path to hell, stop it sooner the better. irreversible bureaucratic cancer.

What is it like knowing you are literally sub-human? Actually, a better question would be to ask how you even have access to the internet in the first place. Is that why you're using tor, to bypass the parental filter your wrangler put on your computer?

Attached: (you).jpg (800x800, 150.11K)

I know that you can own full autos in other states, but there are thousends hoops to jump

Same here.

Probably got relisted as a warzone.

In addition to what other french poster said, I can confirm that getting a weapon in France is much easier than most people think. Getting the shooting licence you need to find a club, careful many of them say they are "full" in big cities you have to insist and meet them so they see you are a good guy, in rural areas it's easier.
Once you have the licence, you can buy category C weapons with includes lots of rifles, and also some shotguns, no problem.
Getting a category B weapon takes more time as user said because you need the special authorization, but should not be an issue. Just fill the paper. It's doing the controlled shooting every year which can be annoying, and if you don't renew your licence I believe you can't keep your category B (not true for category C).