Body armor

Let's say I have up to $1,000 for some body armor.
What should I get?

Attached: Alpha-Vest-Looking-Right-300-400-s2.jpg (300x400, 14.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.miguelcaballero.com
srselfdefense.com/level-iiia-bulletproof-compression-shirt/
scorpiustactical.com/products/ballistic-cool-mesh-t-armor?variant=17217025285
safeguardclothing.com/coolmax-iiia-bullet/
pastebin.com/8wjMuz3w
nij.gov/topics/technology/body-armor/Pages/testing.aspx
ar500armor.com/ballistic-tests.html
everyspec.com/MIL-STD/MIL-STD-0500-0699/MIL-STD-662F_6718/
youtube.com/watch?v=bjZLZbViAvE
superiorglove.com/en/arm-protection/kevlar-protective-sleeves
youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody answered? Jeez
Just go get some AR500 plates preferably Level III+ LW. If you have up 1k to spend you can easily order the entire package, front, back and carrier from them for on average less than 500 dollars.
I'd also recommend getting a backpack with an armor slot and picking up some backpack armor plate. Makes good makeshift body armor while out and about in event of an emergency when you can't get your carrier

Make sure to read the fine print and that you know what it can stop. Any retard company can push out a plate but it might not stop specific kinds of popular ammunition depending on how it's made.

Zig Forums is a slow board

Get a repo Stahlhelm and pad it out with ballistic foam

Maybe has to do to the fact this same thread gets posted every week

you'll have 70 pounds on your body, you have no idea how heavy that actually is.

honestly, just get level 3 Kevlar vest, the kind that stops magnums and on down. Plate armor is heavy as fucking hell. I have a front back and side plate vest from AR500, all level 3+ and the thing is incredibly heavy feeling.

my steel plates, front, back 6x6 sides, and carrier is 26lbs

Weight shouldn't be an issue. I wore interceptor with plates for about a year before and it wasn't so bad.

Now that I think about it I heard PE plates are all the rage now. Should I go for those?

AR500 has their ceramic Level IV package for $295. I mean, I have Level III steel, but if I could afford to drop the cash I'd be sporting Level IV.

It's not necessarily about how it's made, that has a part to play, what you want it an NIJ certified armor, with provided documentation showing it has been submitted for testing with H.P. White or other NIJ contract labs. The main crux of the issue is that the NIJ .06 standard hasn't been updated in for fucking ever.

Stop being ridiculous. With front and black plates it's 16lbs, with side-plates it comes to 26lbs. SAPI weight the same, more so when DAPS and other ancillary packages are included.

Just be aware of some of the issues with with PE, as with all armor be it steel or ceramic. The rule of thumb has been "If it's too warm for you, it's too warm for the PE" because delamination has been an issue in spaces like vehicle trunks in excessively humid and hot environments.

My carrier has level III+ steel plates, front and side, with trauma pads. Loaded up with 4 STANAG magazines, it doesn't come out to more than 28 lbs.
The "steel is super heavy" meme really isn't worth keeping around. The weight's distributed over your body really well and I can wear it for extended periods of time during runs outside without much more of a problem than without. The only real problem is that they can affect your ability to breathe fully.

Go buy a level III body armor undershirt for ~$300-$700 and invest the rest into health and fitness.

If you're serious, OP:
en.miguelcaballero.com
srselfdefense.com/level-iiia-bulletproof-compression-shirt/
scorpiustactical.com/products/ballistic-cool-mesh-t-armor?variant=17217025285
safeguardclothing.com/coolmax-iiia-bullet/
Seriously though, being fit and able to jog/run for good periods of time in light armor will be more efficient than some 70lb rig.

Make sure you get an actual plate carrier instead of air shit or the bullet's fragments will just go to your neck instead.

>safeguardclothing.com/coolmax-iiia-bullet/

I like this. Maybe get just a plate carrier and some ar500 plates to throw over it if needed.

nothing
buy some rice and an ak so you can become a vietnam fucking shit

It's really nice when you fags show that you literally know nothing.

pastebin.com/8wjMuz3w

Very relevant. Personally have lbt 6094 with ceramic pl8. Ar500 is not NIJ approved and “level 3+” is not a real rating. The bullets spall and can fragment, breaking on steel plate and sending shrapnel into your neck. So sucking chest wound that is survivable could = die from shrapnel into carotid. The community says that the rhino liner on the ar500 should prevent spalling, but if you are gonna get armor either go for the shit that the US military uses or don’t buy armor.

For regular carry of stuff I would suggest a battle belt if you don’t want to go down armor path.

What design features of the carrier prevent this from happening? What should a potential buyer look for in a carrier to prevent this fatal spalling?

That's a good list from what I've seen so far, but where do I find neck/shoulder protectors like the OP image?

Camo > armor.

They can't shoot at you if they can't see you, even a tank gun can't kill you if you have good camo.

Also fire retardant uniform is nice.

Why not both?

Attached: 7742270255946729883905217434189583232282.png (2000x2000, 834.07K)

This is the only armor you need.

Attached: Roman_soldier_in_lorica_segmentata_1-cropped.jpg (800x1253, 171.94K)

You see, Strelok, when enemy is shootings of every inanimate object for fear of partisan hiding behind, you win war by default because he is run out of ammunitions.

Attached: Wurst-Käs-Szenario.jpg (540x391, 35.55K)

There is no "NIJ approved", armor is either .06 compliant (on a case-by-case basis) as tested by NIJ certified labs, like H.P. White, or it's not. NIJ regularly publishes a list of armor that have been tested that received certification, as well as list armor that failed to.

nij.gov/topics/technology/body-armor/Pages/testing.aspx
ar500armor.com/ballistic-tests.html

What a Strelok needs to do is ensure the armor manufacturer or vendor they're pursuing has the armor NIJ lab cert available in PDF on their website and that the test information shows the armor met .06 (a cop was just fried back in December for selling fake armor), not concentrate solely on armor type.

A well known fact, but bares repeating.

It's "splash", spalling pertains to armor frag on impact, not projectile frag.

Splash egress past the liner occurs after successive strikes, once the liner has been delaminated from the plate.

The US Military ran steel armor for decades. Legit USGI SAPI aren't NIJ certified, they're required to meet MIL-STD-662F and in order to meet it you need a Level-IIIA backing in your carrier.

everyspec.com/MIL-STD/MIL-STD-0500-0699/MIL-STD-662F_6718/

Ceramic is what everyone needs to aim for, but steel does the job in a pinch.

Good luck hiding with camo in MOUT.

What is FLIR?
What is TIS?
What is canister?
What is flechette?
What is HE-MP-T?
I'd expected better from a citizen of the nation that held the CAT.

Yes they can, it's just not as effective. If you hide yourself and the enemy doesn't, you can take him out with one shot while he wastes thousands looking for you.

Breakable expensive things, ineffective things that replace a good machine gunner, retarded half measure thats the laughingstock of the world?

That provide an edge over the enemy.

Canister and flechette aren't new concepts.

Better than HESH

Ok you convinced me, maybe you could use a tank to kill an infantryman with good camo.

This.

Irrelevant, it'll stop the round and save your life.
The formulas have been tested countless times.

Attached: sprtiii.jpg (841x603, 258.81K)

Disgraceful.

Gorilla warfare is a gay meme.

Where can you get this?

Back when Iraqi War surplus was a thing.

You keep using that word.

As says, back when war surplus was plentiful. It's all been eaten up by boomers and shekel hungry faggots reselling it online for 10x the worth. Local surplus here just outside a base none the less, was arriving by the pallet, but as soon as it was coming in, these lard-ass money flush boomers were buying up all the good shit. Every single IBA and PASGT vest and PASGT or ACH helmet. I don't hit up the surplus shops that often, not anymore at least because it's mostly condor and other low quality tacticool bullshit now, but I can clearly remember an encountered I had with a blackpilled boomer in the wild a few years back. Lardass was dripping sweat all over everything and he had to touch EVERYTHING, as I was looking over some PASGT vests the owner had just put out, this wheezing coke machine size motherfucker weebles over and grabs all four of them like he clutching a fucking oxygen tank thats about the run out, looks at me and says "these are mine, never know when you're going to need armor". I can only assume he was going to take them apart to build himself some kind of makeshift boomer armor, because none of the vests were going to fit him. The only other shop that was selling surplus armor refused to sell to it to "civilians", the fuckers would even sell me an empty IBA soft shell.

It's le epin grilla warfaer it'z kewl and edgy xDDDDDDD.
Guerrilla is a fudd tier meme when it comes to war.

Attached: 109a069f57f7d43bc1c0f2ab9869cdf1444c6307516fe908488b4de901ceb297.jpg (320x283, 23.48K)

Keep dreaming you can nuke everyone self-defending themselves from the government. Lord knows your mentality is just the same as the Mexicans who love imagining their authoritarian govt stripping them ever more of their freedom.

Attached: 84d4358a7bf182fe4f212a328b714d26b00db678c5d357144f09eb8a9ead7a33.jpg (1920x1080, 631.13K)

5mm AR680 Steel Plate imagine a 7mm version of this thing will be able stop .30-06 make it a Level IV armor.

Why must you eat shitty b8?

Attached: 654ebaeef475b1f08aa4af74d5a7cc3d0dd7ec464cd4677a397b827456266330.gif (320x310, 2.36M)

Why are Amerimutts so predictable?

Attached: ca57d6fc0e767e92c00351e057bc5a8957948df0c27198f9328ecdfc5570e079.png (750x650, 63.53K)

Without power and water most people living in cities in developed countries would die within a month or two, guerrilla warfare being fought by a militia within a developed country would be focused on initially destroying power grids and water supplies (which is quite easy, electrical grids in most developed countries are fragile things) then denying as much of the aid response from the government as possible. As a bonus you can send people to provoke riots and incite hate towards the government when it fails to deliver vital aid to civilian centres. A rebellion against a government is all about cock blocking resources for as long as possible and guerrilla tactics are very good at that.

t. nonwhite

Attached: 1521168689449.jpg (480x448, 26.47K)

its funny because jamal and moishe fuck you mutts in the ass every day ;)

What if you put thick armor of top of the things you want to protect?

Enjoy your cuck president.

Fucking genius

Attached: High_Voltage_Transmission_Line_Insulators_-_Howrah_2011-03-19_1873.jpg (3000x4000, 4.42M)

Gorillacucks can be destroyed with drones though.

How do you keep coming up with these absolutely genius ideas?

Also

That's France, Mohammed.

Then martillo fucking law

Fucking autocorrect. Meant martial.

The problem with COIN, is it can't be won. No one, not even the Soviets, who were brutal as fuck and just leveled everything could overcome an insurgency. Anything a government force employs turns to populace against it, Martial Law would have a net negative effect as large as drone crowds of innocents. People don't particularly like being told what to do, unless of course your from the Mid-East, Africa (sans Rhodesia and parts of South Africa) or the UK (sans Northern Ireland).

I got my bulletsafe armor and it fits pretty good, except for the area right in front of my shoulders. Can you trim pe plates? I would only take to take off maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch.

Get some better fucking bait, you wannabe spaghetti faggot.

Is anyone here aware of any tests using ballistic tip .223 or .308 against body armor?

Youtube has alot of videos of people shooting stuff;

But I can't find a single one of someone testing BT bullets on bodyarmor.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjZLZbViAvE
Took me like two seconds.

Why don't you go dig out a new cartel tunnel or something?

Been too busy shitposting elsewhere and playing Stalker

Would a kevlar version of the classic German steel helmet (outfitted with all those attachment points and whatnot) work, or is there something to the shape that just makes it obsolete? After all, most modern combat helmets are just kevlar copies of what their paratroopers wore.

Attached: Chinese Nationalist Army.jpg (771x800, 100.27K)

Any suggestions for protectingwrits/arms from cuts and stabs?
I've been looking at this superiorglove.com/en/arm-protection/kevlar-protective-sleeves
Would it work? Anyone know?

PASGT helmets look nothing like a paratrooper pot.

youtube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI

Bullet resistant plates made from fiberglass. The ones shown worked on 9mm bullets and 00 buckshot.

It would suck balls to have to rely on this post SHTF, but it would be better than nothing.